What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 7 (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
QB Tyson Bagent (deeper leagues / Superflex / Start 2 QB )
QB Brian Hoyer (deeper leagues / Superflex / Start 2 QB )

RB Salvon Ahmed
RB Jordan Mason
RB Craig Reynolds

WR Josh Downs

Anyone else that you are looking at across the various leagues that you are playing in?

RB- Evans if both Kyren and Rivers miss week 7
TE- Mayer could be low TE1
Def. agree on Mayer. Snap share was 40-50% the first 4 weeks, came up to 60% last week, and jumped to 80% this week. And he's been capitalizing on those extra snaps. For how barren the TE position is, and Davante Adams looking hobbled recently, I think he's my #1 target this week.

RB- Evans if both Kyren and Rivers miss week 7
TE- Mayer could be low TE1
Def. agree on Mayer. Snap share was 40-50% the first 4 weeks, came up to 60% last week, and jumped to 80% this week. And he's been capitalizing on those extra snaps. For how barren the TE position is, and Davante Adams looking hobbled recently, I think he's my #1 target this week.
Thinking about it, too. Had been using Kincaid, and this week I have Ferguson. We'll see how he does tonight. But I might look at Mayer

If Jimmy G is ruled out I would much rather have Aiden O'Connell. He will be the starter if Jimmy G is on the shelf.
I thought I remember hearing somewhere that Hoyer is the back up in game (i.e. he won't start he is just there to finish games if starter goes down) and that AOC will take over to start.

If Jimmy G is ruled out I would much rather have Aiden O'Connell. He will be the starter if Jimmy G is on the shelf.
I thought I remember hearing somewhere that Hoyer is the back up in game (i.e. he won't start he is just there to finish games if starter goes down) and that AOC will take over to start.
Romo was saying during the game that Hoyer is the backup and reason they went to AOC previously was that Hoyer was not fully healthy. I think he's right but don't think anything is set in stone.

Romo was saying during the game that Hoyer is the backup and reason they went to AOC previously was that Hoyer was not fully healthy. I think he's right but don't think anything is set in stone.
Hoyer may not have been healthy but I believe he was active and the backup while AOC has always been the emergency 3rd guy if Jimmy G was starting. The one game Jimmy G was ruled out prior to the game AOC got the start and I believe Hoyer was the backup (not sure if Hoyer was active). But I do know AOC has been inactive every week except when Jimmy G was ruled out ahead of time.

I know there is always SOMEBODY to pick up off the WW but with all thee players injured previously then all the ones injured this week our WW is really really bare.

A bit of a desperate reach, but Latavius Murray got 12 carries in a close game compared to Cook's 14. Obviously, Cook is the main guy, but assuming Harris is out, his handful of touches need to go somewhere, so maybe Murray continues a slight uptick in usage.

A bit of a desperate reach, but Latavius Murray got 12 carries in a close game compared to Cook's 14. Obviously, Cook is the main guy, but assuming Harris is out, his handful of touches need to go somewhere, so maybe Murray continues a slight uptick in usage.
Considering Murray seems to be the goalline and 3rd down back I think a case can be made that he is a better start than Cook.

If Alec Pierce is out, the Colts could actually learn they need a WR... apparently they haven't known all off-season.
Amari Rodgers is a darn good young player, son of a former player/coach, but fumbled an unusually high what's your deal type amount previously. He filled in for Pierce.
Last I knew, they had Racey McMath who is a super athlete with questionable hands n head.

I'd watch the NFL WW for who they pick up. Some random dude could step into a starting spot.
They should run 100 times a game and recognize how well their Titanesque game plan worked against the Titans but...as long as Minshew throws 55 passes ya gotta at least consider whatever random dude signs there

Pierce has a shoulder and they use him to block, too often, so I'd bet he's gotta sit some and can't play thru it

Pierce has a shoulder and they use him to block, too often, so I'd bet he's gotta sit some and can't play thru it
He’d probably be a better receiver if he had two shoulders.
I know you're making a joke and I get it. He's impressive. I can't believe we're on year two of them not throwing him the ball. Did you see that one handed catch yesterday? They've got him as some shmoo while clearly he's got some tools to offer. It's been really odd

Depends on your league, as some are smaller rosters, but here are 2 at each position that may be available (only folks rostered by under 20% on Yahoo):

QB
1) Joshua Dobbs (15%) - Currently QB15 and the gig is his until (if) Murray returns.
2) Desmond Ridder (9%) - Back-to-back 300 yard games. Plus, he is averaging 37 attempts over the last 5 games.

RB
1) Tank Bigsby (17%) - Absolutely no value with a healthy ETN, and likely rostered in your league already.
2) Craig Reynolds (2%) - Who is left in the DET backfield? He will be a common add this week.

WR
1) Wan'Dale Robinson (18%) - Surprised that number is so low, because he has twice as many catches as the next highest Giants WR since his return in Week 3. His 22 catches is tied for WR13; he just hasn't done anything with the catches... yet.
2) Kendrick Bourne (17%) - Yes, I know he is most likely rostered in your league, but he may have been dropped after having 4 straight weeks under 10 PPR. He is the clear #1 and sitting at WR32.

TE
1) Michael Mayer (5%) - Will be another very common add this week, after a very nice week 6.
2) Rob Gronkowski (0%) - Hey, you never know!

Between byes and injuries, I'm in need of a 1-week filler Flex in my starting lineup and have only 1 roster space to play with.

Currently looking at, roughly in this order, using my claim on:

Craig Reynolds DET
Zach Evans LAR
Kareem Hunt CLE
Elijah Mitchell SF

...with the idea of plugging in whichever one I get as the flex unless/until there is new news by Saturday/Sunday AM

Any reason to move this order around? Anyone seem more or less likely to be useful in week 7?

Between byes and injuries, I'm in need of a 1-week filler Flex in my starting lineup and have only 1 roster space to play with.

Craig Reynolds DET
Zach Evans LAR
Kareem Hunt CLE
Elijah Mitchell SF

...with the idea of plugging in whichever one I get as the flex unless/until there is new news by Saturday/Sunday AM

Any reason to move this order around? Anyone seem more or less likely to be useful in week 7?
Is it going to be Mitchell or Mason? Was Mitchells game log just being eased back in or is Mason # 2?

Craig Reynolds DET
Zach Evans LAR
Kareem Hunt CLE
Elijah Mitchell SF

Is it going to be Mitchell or Mason? Was Mitchells game log just being eased back in or is Mason # 2?

Probably why I'm avoiding at this point. I could see a 50/50 split, no one is replacing CMC singlehandedly. Question is both Mitchell's health and the tougher matchup this week (vs MIN).

Craig Reynolds DET
Zach Evans LAR
Kareem Hunt CLE
Elijah Mitchell SF

For me it would be Evans first because he is almost surely the starter this week vs a Pitt team that hasnt stopped the run yet and as a bonus his only competition to the backup rbspot there has a grade 3 AC joint injury. Renolds vs a balt team that arent nearly as easy to run on. Hunt had an een split with Ford so are things changing in cleveland???? Mitchell would be the pick except we dont know if he is the starter over Mason.
My order for 1 week would be:
Evans> Reynolds>Hunt> Mitchell

My order for the rest of the season would be
Mitchell (if we find out CMC injury is a long term injury.
Otherwise
Hunt>Evans>Mitchell> Reynolds

With this latest news about Kyren missing some time, I'm in need of a RB who's a better option this week than Zack Moss (who will probably continue losing snaps to Taylor plus faces Cleveland).

Unless we get more clarity on the SF situation before tomorrow night, I think there's probably too much uncertainty to make either guy a worthwhile investment.

Other options are Latavius, Zach Evans, Hunt or CReynolds

L. Murray is going to be a sleeper this week.

BUF is facing a reeling NE team. Could see that game getting messy (especially after BUF's performance last night) and Murray getting some serious touches in a blowout.

With this latest news about Kyren missing some time, I'm in need of a RB who's a better option this week than Zack Moss (who will probably continue losing snaps to Taylor plus faces Cleveland).

Unless we get more clarity on the SF situation before tomorrow night, I think there's probably too much uncertainty to make either guy a worthwhile investment.

Just cant see starting Moss who has close to zero chance to score a td vs a tough tough cleveland D
I think Evans as a starter and reynolds as a starter make more sense than Moss for 1 week... Hunt is one to watch because Ford has been unimpressive but for 1 week I would pass. Latavius usage was very interesting last night but dont see how I could start him. I wouldnt DROP Moss for any of these. I would find some way to get Evans on my team if I could as a Kyren owner.

Just cant see starting Moss who has close to zero chance to score a td vs a tough tough cleveland D
I think Evans as a starter and reynolds as a starter make more sense than Moss for 1 week... Hunt is one to watch because Ford has been unimpressive but for 1 week I would pass. Latavius usage was very interesting last night but dont see how I could start him. I wouldnt DROP Moss for any of these. I would find some way to get Evans on my team if I could as a Kyren owner.
Yeah, that's where I'm leaning. Of course, I'm also 14/14 in waiver priority, so I may not get any of them

Other thing to keep in mind with Reynolds is that it sounds like Gibbs will be back this week. When Monty was out in Week 3, Gibbs went for 17/80 and Reynolds was 4/15

BUF is facing a reeling NE team. Could see that game getting messy (especially after BUF's performance last night) and Murray getting some serious touches in a blowout.
NE has no offense but their D has given up less points on the year than 22 other teams so given their offensive woes that isnt horrible, especially since they have faced some pretty good offenses. They held Philly to 25 and Miami to 24 points. Buffalo only scored 20 on Jax ans 14 on NYG in their last 2 games and Allen has some sort of injury. While they certainly are capable of a big blowout they arent trending that direction. I would be more optimistic about Murrays usage in the last game vs getting garbage touches in a blowout.

Other thing to keep in mind with Reynolds is that it sounds like Gibbs will be back this week. When Monty was out in Week 3, Gibbs went for 17/80 and Reynolds was 4/15
Yeah unless gibbs is also out Reynolds has little to no value.... I think ROS he also has little to no value unless 1 of the big 2 there are out an extended time. Its a great offense to have a piece of but currently Reynolds is down the list.

As someone starting Gus Edwards every week I’m really seeking a relationship with a real RB2.

Due to byes and injuries my opponent this week is decimated so I’m trying to think which of these guys has more mid-term/season-long value.

I think I’m sort of in agreement with @da_budman line of thinking.

And I’d rank the available RBs that people are targeting as such.

Mason > Hunt > Evans > Ahmed > Reynolds > Murray

I also continue to think that CEH could be a thing again. Maybe it’s just fond memories of wishing he was in the past. But if something happened to Pacheco I could see him producing and he’s on very few radars.

As someone starting Gus Edwards every week I’m really seeking a relationship with a real RB2.

Due to byes and injuries my opponent this week is decimated so I’m trying to think which of these guys has more mid-term/season-long value.

I think I’m sort of in agreement with @da_budman line of thinking.

And I’d rank the available RBs that people are targeting as such.

Mason > Hunt > Evans > Ahmed > Reynolds > Murray

I also continue to think that CEH could be a thing again. Maybe it’s just fond memories of wishing he was in the past. But if something happened to Pacheco I could see him producing and he’s on very few radars.
Same. I am throwing my remaining $28 out of $100 on Zach Evans which is probably dumb but I absolutely need a win.

NE has no offense but their D has given up less points on the year than 22 other teams so given their offensive woes that isnt horrible, especially since they have faced some pretty good offenses. They held Philly to 25 and Miami to 24 points. Buffalo only scored 20 on Jax ans 14 on NYG in their last 2 games and Allen has some sort of injury. While they certainly are capable of a big blowout they arent trending that direction. I would be more optimistic about Murrays usage in the last game vs getting garbage touches in a blowout.
They still had Judon and Gonzalez in the early games. That said, the D is hanging in there.

LV hadn't scored more than 18 points this year...until yesterday.

Just see BUF getting a lot of possessions and the constant leaning on that D eventually breaks them down in the 2nd half.

Even if there is no blowout, Murray's getting a lot of touches and now Harris is out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread