What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 8 (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
QB Gardner Minshew
QB Kyler Murray

RB Darrell Henderson
RB Ezekiel Elliott
RB Pierre Strong
RB Tyjae Spears (likely stashed in dynasty formats; however, he might be available in redraft and more casual leagues)
RB Emari Demercado
RB Royce Freeman

WR Josh Downs (likely stashed in dynasty formats; however, he might be available in redraft and more casual leagues)
WR Jake Bobo
WR Kendrick Bourne (still showing as under 30% rostered on Yahoo leagues)
WR Jalin Hyatt (likely stashed in dynasty formats; however, he might be available in redraft and more casual leagues)

Who else is out there in free agency that is worth bidding on in your leagues?

TEs

* D. Kincaid
* Taysom Hill
* H. Henry

* D. Douglass (NE) -- Sixth round pick. Was in protocol the week prior. Immediately came back and is the most dynamic WR they have. Could have value for those desperate in a game against MIA where I'd think they'll be playing catchup.

There are also an absurd amount of streamable Ds this week. LAC vs CHI being one of them.

TEs

* D. Kincaid
* Taysom Hill
* H. Henry

TE's are absolute hell this year. I have gone through Kinkaid, Juwan Johnson, Mayer, Musgrave, Shultz...

Mayer doesn't see enough targets and Musgrave got injured again. Guess I'll pivot back to Kinkaid? Goodness.

What do we think of Henderson vs Freeman? Their stats were fairly similar; Hendu got a few more carries and did marginally more in the receiving game (2/1/5/0 while Freeman wasn't targeted). And of course he scored the TD, which could mean nothing or could mean he's their goal-line back. I tend to lean toward the former explanation since Henderson is a smaller guy.

I ultimately have no idea which, if any, will have value, but given the cheaper price, it might make more sense to target Freeman

TEs

* D. Kincaid
* Taysom Hill
* H. Henry

TE's are absolute hell this year. I have gone through Kinkaid, Juwan Johnson, Mayer, Musgrave, Shultz...

Mayer doesn't see enough targets and Musgrave got injured again. Guess I'll pivot back to Kinkaid? Goodness.
Right there with you. Last week I dropped Kincaid and started Ferguson. This week went with Mayer. I can never seem to get it right. Starting Kincaid feels like I'm chasing points

What do we think of Henderson vs Freeman? Their stats were fairly similar; Hendu got a few more carries and did marginally more in the receiving game (2/1/5/0 while Freeman wasn't targeted). And of course he scored the TD, which could mean nothing or could mean he's their goal-line back. I tend to lean toward the former explanation since Henderson is a smaller guy.

I ultimately have no idea which, if any, will have value, but given the cheaper price, it might make more sense to target Freeman
I think Henderson is the guy to own. He only split touches because it was his first game and was getting into game shape. Next week I would expect him to get majority of snaps.

Tyson Bagent could be an option in deep leagues / Superflex / Start 2 QB for one more week with the Charger defense currently ranking dead last in passing yards given up per game

Don't look now but Josh Kelley had a nice day as the COP back again. Seems his only value is if Ekeler is getting a bulk of the carries and he comes in to spell him. He sucked as the guy.

7-75-1 rushing

I ain't touching him but bye weeks you can't be picky.

Don't look now but Josh Kelley had a nice day as the COP back again. Seems his only value is if Ekeler is getting a bulk of the carries and he comes in to spell him. He sucked as the guy.

7-75-1 rushing

1 long run and never does anything when eckler out and he is lead back.

7-75-1 rushing

1 long run and never does anything when eckler out and he is lead back.
Which is why you don't use him when ekeler is out. Use him as what he is. A desperation start that might get you 8-12 points.

There isn't too much to get excited about in my leagues.

The Rams RB situation was a split last week. You could take a chance on one of them for week 8. Someone may emerge there for week 9 but then week 10 is a bye and in week 11 the top 2 guys may come off IR.

Pretty much everyone else is rostered in my league with deep rosters.

There isn't too much to get excited about in my leagues.

The Rams RB situation was a split last week. You could take a chance on one of them for week 8. Someone may emerge there for week 9 but then week 10 is a bye and in week 11 the top 2 guys may come off IR.

Pretty much everyone else is rostered in my league with deep rosters.
Williams and Rivers are on IR for four games, not four weeks, so the bye doesn't count. The earliest they can come back is Week 12

I think Henderson is the guy to own. He only split touches because it was his first game and was getting into game shape. Next week I would expect him to get majority of snaps.
FWIW Chris Harris had Matt Harmon on his podcast today. They're both big film guys, and they both thought Freeman looked better than Henderson. But I still think we're mostly reading tea leaves here. One could emerge over the next couple weeks, or maybe they continue to split it. There's no way for us to know until it happens. (Although it is worth pointing out that the leaks coming out yesterday morning about Freeman and Henderson sharing the load turned out to be accurate, so maybe it is worth paying attention to whatever the buzz is over the next few days)

If Tyjae Spears is still out there in your league, the fact that Tennessee traded Bayard today could be a sign of additional sell-offs, including Henry. I admit that's quite a bank shot, but Spears is probably worth a pickup anyway. This just adds a tiny bit more upside

No real name but speaking in general terms you can sometimes steal a little value picking up a backup in a high powered offense and hope. Example might be Cerick Wilson in Miami if Waddle misses a game or two. These can be tough to predict but looking at potential fill in players for teams like Miami, Philly, KC are worth a consideration.

If Tyjae Spears is still out there in your league, the fact that Tennessee traded Bayard today could be a sign of additional sell-offs, including Henry. I admit that's quite a bank shot, but Spears is probably worth a pickup anyway. This just adds a tiny bit more upside
He should not be available in competitive leagues unless it's an 8 or 10 team league.

I own him and am crossing fingers Henry is traded. TN sold a very good player for a lot less I would have thought. Gotta think a team like CLE would jump on Henry especially with Ford down now.

He should not be available in competitive leagues unless it's an 8 or 10 team league.

I own him and am crossing fingers Henry is traded. TN sold a very good player for a lot less I would have thought. Gotta think a team like CLE would jump on Henry especially with Ford down now.
42% rostered in Yahoo leagues. I think a lot of people dropped him over the bye.

Actually, I just realized he's available in my 14-team non-PPR league, the one where I need another RB to get me through Kyren's IR stint. Since both he and Singletary are on bye, I could bypass waivers and pick either of them up tonight. Which would you rather have for the next month? Spears is probably more talented, but Singletary has a clearer path to being his team's RB1

42% rostered in Yahoo leagues. I think a lot of people dropped him over the bye.

Actually, I just realized he's available in my 14-team non-PPR league, the one where I need another RB to get me through Kyren's IR stint. Since both he and Singletary are on bye, I could bypass waivers and pick either of them up tonight. Which would you rather have for the next month? Spears is probably more talented, but Singletary has a clearer path to being his team's RB1
Think it depends on your roster.

If you feel pretty comfortable with your RB depth I'd take a shot with Spears. It's definitely a home run swing (although he could be borderline flex worthy in the right matchup).

If you are more desperate for points in the short term I'd grab Singletary. HOU faces the poor CAR rush D this week and I'd expect both Pierce and Singletary to be flex worthy.

If you feel pretty comfortable with your RB depth I'd take a shot with Spears. It's definitely a home run swing (although he could be borderline flex worthy in the right matchup).

If you are more desperate for points in the short term I'd grab Singletary. HOU faces the poor CAR rush D this week and I'd expect both Pierce and Singletary to be flex worthy.
Thanks. It's definitely the latter. Already lost Chubb for the year and now Williams. My best RB at the moment is Brian Robinson; beyond that it's a bunch of RB2s (Moss, Freeman, Mitchell). And absent a monster game from Addison tonight, my team is about to fall to 3-4.

Thanks. It's definitely the latter. Already lost Chubb for the year and now Williams. My best RB at the moment is Brian Robinson; beyond that it's a bunch of RB2s (Moss, Freeman, Mitchell). And absent a monster game from Addison tonight, my team is about to fall to 3-4.
Monster game incoming

Monster game incoming
Don’t jinx it! I need 32 more yards

I didn’t see the Jalen Hurts injury. I believe he is OK but have no real news. Any chance Marcus Mariota is relevant?

jeff wilson rb for miami is on my waivers. is he someone worth picking up short bench ? are you guys picking up and holding

how monster of a game did you need.he is worth alot so far

Addison just went to locker room Osborn likely still out there in leagues. WRs are banged up in Minnesota.

Also not sure what the snap count looks like but this has to be the biggest share Akers has had since Minnesota grabbed him. Just this last series he looked to be playing every down.

As a Henry owner, I am on board with that

QB Gardner Minshew
QB Kyler Murray

RB Darrell Henderson
RB Ezekiel Elliott
RB Pierre Strong
RB Tyjae Spears (likely stashed in dynasty formats; however, he might be available in redraft and more casual leagues)
RB Emari Demercado
RB Royce Freeman

WR Josh Downs (likely stashed in dynasty formats; however, he might be available in redraft and more casual leagues)
WR Jake Bobo
WR Kendrick Bourne (still showing as under 30% rostered on Yahoo leagues)
WR Jalin Hyatt (likely stashed in dynasty formats; however, he might be available in redraft and more casual leagues)

Who else is out there in free agency that is worth bidding on in your leagues?

Thanks. If you can also tag me in these along with @FBG Moderator that would be helpful.

What are people's thoughts on Pierre Strong? He got the majority of touches in the 4th quarter when Ford went out. Hunt got the late TD however.

TEs

* D. Kincaid
* Taysom Hill
* H. Henry

* D. Douglass (NE) -- Sixth round pick. Was in protocol the week prior. Immediately came back and is the most dynamic WR they have. Could have value for those desperate in a game against MIA where I'd think they'll be playing catchup.

There are also an absurd amount of streamable Ds this week. LAC vs CHI being one of them.
Good call with LAC - Chicago is due for a let down after an emotional win last week, and unlike the Raiders, LAC will have film on the rookie QB if he plays.

TEs

* D. Kincaid
* Taysom Hill
* H. Henry

Good call with LAC - Chicago is due for a let down after an emotional win last week, and unlike the Raiders, LAC will have film on the rookie QB if he plays.

CHI also doesn't have Kelce. I doubt they have the same problem with Kmet.

Douglass is very intriguing with no WR having emerged among a lackluster group. Just hard to trust Belichick that he's going to regularly feature a rookie, even if he's deserving of more and more snaps. I expect we'll see a 1-18 like line for Douglass next week.

TEs

* D. Kincaid
* Taysom Hill
* H. Henry

CHI also doesn't have Kelce. I doubt they have the same problem with Kmet.
Considering kmet has gotten one target over the past two weeks from the rookie QB this sounds accurate.

how monster of a game did you need.he is worth alot so far
Fell four yards short :cry:

jeff wilson rb for miami is on my waivers. is he someone worth picking up short bench ? are you guys picking up and holding
I'm not dropping him yet; part of that is sunk-cost fallacy (I drafted him before he got hurt and have been holding him on IR all season). But part of it is also that they've shown this year that they ease guys back in after injuries, so I want to wait one more week. Plus you generally want as many pieces of that Miami offense as you can get

But if you need the roster spot, I don't have a problem with dropping him

Users who are viewing this thread