What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 3 (1 Viewer)

If anybody dropped him or had him on the waiver wires, Thielen has seen five targets in the first quarter plus thirty seconds.

The obvious choices right now are Jerome Ford & Matt Breida. I don't think there's anything else too exciting this week. If ack Moss is still out there he would be my #1 guy to get. If Hunter Henry is still out there at TE I think he's a sneaky play to possibly finish as a top 5 TE this year. Some leagues slept on Tutu Atwell. Kareem Hunt & Leonard Fournette could still latch on to a team in need of a RB

The obvious choices right now are Jerome Ford & Matt Breida. I don't think there's anything else too exciting this week. If ack Moss is still out there he would be my #1 guy to get. If Hunter Henry is still out there at TE I think he's a sneaky play to possibly finish as a top 5 TE this year. Some leagues slept on Tutu Atwell. Kareem Hunt & Leonard Fournette could still latch on to a team in need of a RB
Am I really picking up Breida again?

Hoping Hunt gets off his couch quickly, because my RB corps is in shambles. I drafted Nick Chubb at the end of the 1st, and then drank the koolaid on Cam Akers and Rachaad White. It's safe to say my current RB1 may not even be in the NFL at the moment.
White had a nice game.

Hoping Hunt gets off his couch quickly, because my RB corps is in shambles. I drafted Nick Chubb at the end of the 1st, and then drank the koolaid on Cam Akers and Rachaad White. It's safe to say my current RB1 may not even be in the NFL at the moment.
Anyone know if there's any bad blood between Hunt and Cleveland or if he left on good terms?

Anyone know if there's any bad blood between Hunt and Cleveland or if he left on good terms?
Hopefully he's waiting across the street like when a 5 year-old runs away from home

Kendre Miller may be out there. Could be a short-term play if Jamaal is out and Kendre's own hamstring is healed. Kamara's return looms in week 4, but there could be longer-term value for Kendre in this offense.

If Montgomery misses time in DET, would Reynolds then fill in and share touches with Gibbs?
Much to the chagrin of every Gibbs owner from sea to shining sea, Campbell sure seems to like having a thumper, and he sure seems determined to not give Gibbs that role.

In my 14 teamer where it's dry as f, I'm in.

Crap. Just realized that on top of everything else, the team where I lost Chubb is 13th out of 14 in waiver priority
I’m 12th of 12

Why do I have to be so awesome!!!
What's particularly annoying is that this league sets wire priority by draft order rather than Week 1 performance. Since I picked second, I start off as 13th. Only way to work my way up is to not place waiver claims and let other people move behind me

Crap. Just realized that on top of everything else, the team where I lost Chubb is 13th out of 14 in waiver priority
I’m 12th of 12

What's particularly annoying is that this league sets wire priority by draft order rather than Week 1 performance. Since I picked second, I start off as 13th. Only way to work my way up is to not place waiver claims and let other people move behind me
Thing is, I would have already had Chubb backed up if our league hadn’t gone back to set rosters

I can only carry 5 RBs

So stupid

If Montgomery misses time in DET, would Reynolds then fill in and share touches with Gibbs?
Much to the chagrin of every Gibbs owner from sea to shining sea, Campbell sure seems to like having a thumper, and he sure seems determined to not give Gibbs that role.
Zonovan "Bam" Knight was just added to the active roster, so this could be messy.
Suggests Montgomery isn't "day-to-day".
I find day to day hard to believe.

As a Montgomery owner, I'm considering Reynolds. Something tells me it's somewhere in between day to day and a couple weeks. Maybe he misses two games.

Zonovan "Bam" Knight was just added to the active roster, so this could be messy.
Suggests Montgomery isn't "day-to-day".
I find day to day hard to believe.

As a Montgomery owner, I'm considering Reynolds. Something tells me it's somewhere in between day to day and a couple weeks. Maybe he misses two games.
Reynolds is probably the correct choice but elevating Bam muddies the waters.

Agree. This week outside of those two is pretty boring. I'd expect Z. Moss and K. Williams are both gone.

Tempted to take a flier on Breida and C. Reynolds, but they would only be stop gaps for me. Upside is limited.

If there was a rumbling on Fournette I'd rather go that way. Hunt already gone.

Could be, but every rookie is going to have some games where the defense shows him something he's never seen before and he goes 117/0/3
Carr definitely the safest call.

I was just shocked by how much Stroud has been putting it in the air. And I think rushing yards are still possible from him.
I already picked up Carr because I could do it today before MNF and bypass waivers. But I'll do some more research before waivers run tomorrow night and consider other options
After Carr's performance last night, I am ... reassessing him as a streaming option. Will probably try to target Stroud if Burrow is out.

Could be, but every rookie is going to have some games where the defense shows him something he's never seen before and he goes 117/0/3
Carr definitely the safest call.

I was just shocked by how much Stroud has been putting it in the air. And I think rushing yards are still possible from him.
I already picked up Carr because I could do it today before MNF and bypass waivers. But I'll do some more research before waivers run tomorrow night and consider other options
After Carr's performance last night, I am ... reassessing him as a streaming option. Will probably try to target Stroud if Burrow is out.
I have basically the same decision (SF, dynasty), was planning on Carr as the QB2 and just using Stroud in bye weeks but might need to re-evaluate sooner rather than later

I’m 12th of 12

Honestly if waivers isn’t determined by FAAB dollars having the order set by the reverse of draft order seems fair to me. Earlier draft slots are inherently more valuable so unless you’re doing something like the 12 slot picks first in rounds 2, 3, 4, & possibly even longer before snaking then there is an advantage to having an earlier slot.

Kendre Miller may be out there. Could be a short-term play if Jamaal is out and Kendre's own hamstring is healed. Kamara's return looms in week 4, but there could be longer-term value for Kendre in this offense.

Came in here to say this. I might go for him behind Ford. Lost Jamaal and Monty in my re-draft league with Kamara suspended. Kendre practised in limited fashion for most of last week so he could easily be good to go with another week to get right. Got to think he’d be the main man with Jones supporting.

Jerome Ford
I guess as a volume-based play, but I don't think he's any good. Also good chance they sign one of the FA RBs (most likely Hunt)
behind that O line nearly anybody is good.
I wouldnt poo poo his skillset. look what he did after chubb got hurt.
Yeah, my post was before he broke that long run. And while his other stats were pedestrian (15/37), I've always hated the "Without that one run ..." argument, especially since he looked pretty good on that one run.

Anyway, I have no chance of getting him, but if I did I would totally be all in

Anyone mentioned Taysom yet? For next week in particular, he could play a big role in the running game, and if you're already scuffling at TE, what do you really have to lose? He could totally crap the bed and give you 3 pts, but so could literally any other TE out there.

Anyone mentioned Taysom yet? For next week in particular, he could play a big role in the running game, and if you're already scuffling at TE, what do you really have to lose? He could totally crap the bed and give you 3 pts, but so could literally any other TE out there.
Understand that it's all or nothing with Taysom. You may hit the lottery and get his one week a year he goes off for 30+. But most likely it will be one of the other 16 he gets you 2.

Understand that it's all or nothing with Taysom. You may hit the lottery and get his one week a year he goes off for 30+. But most likely it will be one of the other 16 he gets you 2.
You're right. Better to stick with the multitude of TE options who can guarantee you double digits every single week

(FTR, I'm not taking the cheese on Hill. Only league where I'd consider it is the one where I have Kincaid, and in that case I'd rather have his upside.)

For those in leagues where Ford is not an option, and you are not desperate for a week 3 starting RB, are you throwing any $$ at Pierre Strong? If so how much?

Ford looks like the obvious starter after last night, but that could change a month from now due to injury, bringing in a guy not good enough to play for another team, or Strong getting up to speed with the Browns (he was acquired from the Pats 3 weeks ago)
I like strong but I think he just became interesting for roughly the reasons Ford was interesting last week. Not a guy I’d be looking to start next week outside abject desperation

Edit: as someone else said, he vultured a touchdown as the breather back because Ford was gsssed from having just sprinted a hundred yards. There’s no coherent reason looking at the two players to assume he was pegged for the goal line hammer role (though I’m sure he will steal some touches and probably a score here and there)

For those in leagues where Ford is not an option, and you are not desperate for a week 3 starting RB, are you throwing any $$ at Pierre Strong? If so how much?

Ford looks like the obvious starter after last night, but that could change a month from now due to injury, bringing in a guy not good enough to play for another team, or Strong getting up to speed with the Browns (he was acquired from the Pats 3 weeks ago)
Pierre Strong isnt a bad pickup.

when I looked at the scouting report on Ford it did say that Ball security was an issue for him at times in college, so if he fumbles the ball away on one or two occasions I could see him being shown the bench and they go with the next man up.
I'd peg the odds of this happening at around 10%.

A little bit of a strategic/philosophical question this week, so indulge me for a moment.

Background: 14-team non-PPR league, start 2 RBs/3 WRs/no flex, which means that if you have two solid RBs and a couple halfway decent backups for byes, you should be good to go. Lost Chubb and have Brian Robinson, KWilliams and Moss, so I'll get by in the short term but will eventually need to find one or two more reliable starters. Meanwhile, I'm really scuffling at WR: Higgins, Addison, Atwell, Sutton, JSN, JReed.

Obviously, if I could get Ford I'd go all out, but with my waiver priority there's no way. Other WW options are JHill, Brieda, CReynolds, Warren and Spears

Meanwhile, WRs available are Dell, JReynolds and Woods.

The philosophical question is do I replace Chubb with a RB or a WR? The intuitive answer is that when you lose the best RB on your team, you need to find another RB. But in a deep league with 3WRs, you're always looking for someone with the potential to be an every-week starter. Then again, do I really need to be using four of my five bench spots on WRs?

Here's where my thinking is currently at: I think Hill is probably worth chasing, but the other RBs are either short-term fixes or handcuff-pluses, which is not what I really need right now. Meanwhile, of the WRs, I think Dell has the potential to become a solid starter and Reynolds could be a good short-term fix.

Claim 1: Ford
Claim 2: Hill
Claim 3: Dell

If I get sniped on all my claims, pick up Warren, Spears or JReynolds post-waivers, in that order.

I could also consider picking up a RB for Chubb and then dropping Reed for Dell. I view them somewhat similarly, except that Dell has shown a little more already in terms of target volume and his path to fantasy relevance is less dependent on injuries

Thoughts?

A little bit of a strategic/philosophical question this week, so indulge me for a moment.

Background: 14-team non-PPR league, start 2 RBs/3 WRs/no flex, which means that if you have two solid RBs and a couple halfway decent backups for byes, you should be good to go. Lost Chubb and have Brian Robinson, KWilliams and Moss, so I'll get by in the short term but will eventually need to find one or two more reliable starters. Meanwhile, I'm really scuffling at WR: Higgins, Addison, Atwell, Sutton, JSN, JReed.

Obviously, if I could get Ford I'd go all out, but with my waiver priority there's no way. Other WW options are JHill, Brieda, CReynolds, Warren and Spears

Meanwhile, WRs available are Dell, JReynolds and Woods.

The philosophical question is do I replace Chubb with a RB or a WR? The intuitive answer is that when you lose the best RB on your team, you need to find another RB. But in a deep league with 3WRs, you're always looking for someone with the potential to be an every-week starter. Then again, do I really need to be using four of my five bench spots on WRs?

Here's where my thinking is currently at: I think Hill is probably worth chasing, but the other RBs are either short-term fixes or handcuff-pluses, which is not what I really need right now. Meanwhile, of the WRs, I think Dell has the potential to become a solid starter and Reynolds could be a good short-term fix.

Claim 1: Ford
Claim 2: Hill
Claim 3: Dell

If I get sniped on all my claims, pick up Warren, Spears or JReynolds post-waivers, in that order.

I could also consider picking up a RB for Chubb and then dropping Reed for Dell. I view them somewhat similarly, except that Dell has shown a little more already in terms of target volume and his path to fantasy relevance is less dependent on injuries

Thoughts?
I think when it comes to free agents/waiver pickups, the best player available rule(regardless of position) is a good rule to follow unless speciific needs force you to do otherwise. There appears to be better depth at WR than there is at RB at the moment. if you need a RB and feel strong enough at WR, you could trade a WR to a WR needy team (hopefully for a RB) and grab another WR on the wire. might be easier than paying top dollar for a mediocre RB who you will drop in 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread