What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Targets heading into week 3 (1 Viewer)

Hoping Hunt gets off his couch quickly, because my RB corps is in shambles. I drafted Nick Chubb at the end of the 1st, and then drank the koolaid on Cam Akers and Rachaad White. It's safe to say my current RB1 may not even be in the NFL at the moment.
Anyone know if there's any bad blood between Hunt and Cleveland or if he left on good terms?

Left on very good terms AFAIK, he's known as an affable locker room guy. They let him walk bc they felt he had lost speed (4th Q down.)
Did he find it?
stop messing with people. p.s. I think your refrigerator is running. :wink:

Brandin Cooks just got dropped in one league I'm in. he wont play this week but early next week I'd consider picking him up. I noticed him getting open on a few routes in week 1 where (for whatever reason) Dak didnt throw it to him.
In his absence in week 2 no WR on the roster made a good case for being the WR2 and I do think dak is good enough to support more than one 1000 yard WR. I think hes that guy. if hes not on your wire, he can probably be had for reasonably cheap in trade.
Who said he's not playing this week? He's marked healthy on yahoo.

Brandin Cooks just got dropped in one league I'm in. he wont play this week but early next week I'd consider picking him up. I noticed him getting open on a few routes in week 1 where (for whatever reason) Dak didnt throw it to him.
In his absence in week 2 no WR on the roster made a good case for being the WR2 and I do think dak is good enough to support more than one 1000 yard WR. I think hes that guy. if hes not on your wire, he can probably be had for reasonably cheap in trade.
thats news to me. I'll have to check that out.

Hoping Hunt gets off his couch quickly, because my RB corps is in shambles. I drafted Nick Chubb at the end of the 1st, and then drank the koolaid on Cam Akers and Rachaad White. It's safe to say my current RB1 may not even be in the NFL at the moment.
Anyone know if there's any bad blood between Hunt and Cleveland or if he left on good terms?

Left on very good terms AFAIK, he's known as an affable locker room guy. They let him walk bc they felt he had lost speed (4th Q down.)
Did he find it?
stop messing with people. p.s. I think your refrigerator is running. :wink:
....or do you have Prince Albert in a can?

Practiced in full on Thursday - looks like a go this weekend

WR Rashid Shaheed is only owned in about 40% of leagues and is WR22 in half PPR leagues. Solid WR3 flex option during bye weeks, and a high upside WR2 if either Olave or Thomas misses time.

WR Jayden Reed is probably making enough of a splash to continue getting usage even after Watson comes back. Would love to pick him up.

Week 3 is when panic sets in for many. Dropped in one league this morning:

* T. Spears
* T. Bigsby
* C. Akers (could land in a good spot)
Some information why you should grab spears. Actual league winning upside if Henry was to get hurt.

This ^^^ times 100.

I already own Spears in 2 of 3 leagues. I've been telling others around me the stars are aligning on this one.
Have a look at his late season schedule.............

WEEK 12 - vs CAR
WEEK 13 - vs INDY
WEEK 14 - @ MIA
WEEK 15 - vs HOU
WEEK 16 - vs SEA
WEEK 17 - @ HOU

This looks to be one of the best cheap investments you can make, all it takes is one injury to Henry and it might be one of the bigger waiver wire snags all season.

I just made a lowball offer to acquire him in my last league.
If something goes wrong with Henry, I want Spears on all my benches.

:football:

WR Rashid Shaheed is only owned in about 40% of leagues and is WR22 in half PPR leagues. Solid WR3 flex option during bye weeks, and a high upside WR2 if either Olave or Thomas misses time.

WR Jayden Reed is probably making enough of a splash to continue getting usage even after Watson comes back. Would love to pick him up.

M guess is Love can't even support a WR1 let alone several WR. His underlying stats are pretty bad - just fortunate to have 6 TDs. Avg 14.5 completions.

Zach Evans is worth a preemptive stash in deeper leagues ahead of Week 4

I don't think the season long plan is a 96% snap share for 194 lb Kyren

Was the #1 5-star RB recruit in 2020 - same class as Bijan

6.9 career YPC at TCU & Ole Miss, minor nagging injuries

Will likely be active for the first time tomorrow

Draft Profile
RAS
Luv the take.

Draft Profile
RAS
Do you think Evans is the cuff over Ronnie Rivers?

Draft Profile
RAS
Do you think Evans is the cuff over Ronnie Rivers?
Rivers is the cuff in the immediate term. If Kyren were to go down to an injury today, Rivers would be the next in line. For what it’s worth Rivers has the exact same measurements as Kyren (5’9” and 195 lbs.) and one of the big concerns with Kyren is how his body will hold up to a large workload. Evans is the higher upside play, with the 5-star recruit pedigree. Have to think he’ll eventually get his turn to show something. Might be more of a second half of the season play, but he’s worth stashing in dynasty for now, might be premature in redraft.

Cole Turner (Logan T out), Jonnu Smith (six targets last week), and Rivrr Cracraft the WR in Miami (even before Waddle out) are my super deep dives this week. Obviously run and grab Trey Sermon if you need RB depth.
Zonavan Knight could catch some passes also.

Last edited:
FWIW I don't think McVay gives one whit about overusing Kyren. I don't think he views him as Mr. Right so much as Mr. Right Now
Agree 100%. Guessing that if he overuses Kyren and he gets hurt, he probably can just roll with one or more of the guys. Hard to imagine they view Kyren is a franchise talent for them.

In ten team short bench full ppr would y’all rather have Dell, Spears, or Warren in that end of bench spot?

Warren has the clearest path IMO

love Dell but in terms of market share he’s behind Collins & most rookie WRs are inconsistent

Spears has limited flex appeal but no realistic upside without an injury

sorry about this lol

Tank Dell is the truth!
FWIW Warren hasn't played yet.

JOSHUA PALMER will be a huge pick up this week
I've heard this before.
well with mike williams out for the season, they're in big need of a WR2
This isn't the first time Williams has been hurt and Palmer has never really did anything. What about Quentin johnston?
1. Forgot about him.
2. He's probably owned more than Palmer is.
3. 7 targets vs 3 today. Palmer looked good.

In ten team short bench full ppr would y’all rather have Dell, Spears, or Warren in that end of bench spot?

love Dell but in terms of market share he’s behind Collins & most rookie WRs are inconsistent

sorry about this lol

Tank Dell is the truth!

Titans RB snaps at the half:
  • Spears 18
  • Henry 7
I should stop giving people advice lol

sorry about this lol

Tank Dell is the truth!

Titans RB snaps at the half:
  • Spears 18
  • Henry 7
I should stop giving people advice lol
Don't worry, it gets easier once you realize everyone else is just as bad at it as you are.

Jeff Wilson is a good stash now. He's coming off IR starting week 5. Depending on your league you can stash him on IR and not burn a bench spot. Should be a good play during bye weeks when options are thin
Can you expand and explain further what you mean about Jeff Wilson after we watched Col Mustard take down the Patriots with the Candlestick in the Library?

I also was thinking about what might happen when he returns and I think he might be called upon in some games later in the season mostly to keep Mostert healthy

Raheem Mostert has never carried the ball 200x in any season ever to my knowledge
He cannot sustain being a weekly RB1
Achane had 3 touches yesterday, 5, 6, and 5 yards. He looks legit, between the tackles too. He should get more action going forward. I wouldn't expect too much from Jeff Wilson.
BAZINGA!

Users who are viewing this thread