What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Walk us thru your Redrafts from this past weekend (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
This league has set rosters or slots, 2QB-5RB-6WR-2TE-2D/ST-2PKs so no matter how much value falls there's a limit to what you can pick up.
I had the 5th pick and was taking the next RB off the board but my son made a phone call into the war room...love the younger generation's lack of respect for what has worked to this point.
We start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FLEX
PPR with TE at 1.5

1st-Cooper Kupp WR, won with him last year and I prefer the Rams offense over the Vikes but that's me.
2nd-DeVante Adams WR, one of the few that stepped out and went WR-WR to start with. Someone on the 1-2 turn went B2B TE with Kelce/Andrews which I thought was overkill, 1st season we upped the scoring for the Tight Ends to add a little more to the draft strategy. I was happy someone tried it, gets boring watching the same teams constructed every year.

For a guy that prides himself on RBs, I went another way early. As I look back I think I probably made a mistake not taking a ADP/Preseason Ranked RB like Henry/Cook/Mixon but I felt I could swing thru the next 2-3 rounds and find some other RBs I would be alright with. Najee Harris went 2nd overall and I was prepared at No 5 to grab him, it surprised me and triggered me to try and find another path.

3rd-Aaron Jones RB, Needed to stabilize my backfield and despite Aaron Jones sharing with another Top 20 candidate I revert back to the hole left when Adams jumped to Vegas. They can lighten up Jones workload but I predict he has a career year catching the football and of course I would because I drafted him.
4th-AJBrown WR, The drop off was coming and IMO he was the last in my tier before we started looking at Receivers that have questions plus I like the explosiveness AJB brings to this team. Pittman, Sutton, Williams, Mclaurin, Bob Woods and Cooks would all come off the board before I would pick again in the 5th, that's usually a good thing when you get ahead of the WR2 and WR3 runs in the draft. I felt like Brown was still a potential Top 10-12 type and locking that into the WR3 role should give me a huge advantage vs a lot of other teams on Sundays.

5th-Elijah Mitchell, RB, As I wrote in the RB thread, TPiR Double Showcase Winner!!! I like RBs that are entering Year 2 and Javonte Williams went in the early 2nd because someone got my cheatsheets and sniped a lot of the RBs I had on a short list for later in the draft including Cam Akers(2.12) Dev Singletary(4/5 turn) and I could feel Pierce was going to go before I could likely get him. I was going to have show some flexibility and still lock down my RBs. I understand if not everyone is as excited as I am for drafting Mitchell but it allowed me to focus and not panic because I still felt my starting 5 was strong and the real drafting once the big names evaporate was just beginning.
6th-Joe Burrow, QB, I didn't get to write about QBs in a dedicated thread but will do so prior to Week 1. I admit there are many great ones. Allen went in the 3rd, Herbert(4/5 turn) and then Mahomes went right before me and I wanted to get ahead of the QB run. I won't go on and on about Burrow but not long after this Jalen Hurts comes off the board. I wanted to drop anchor and was feeling pretty good about my team at this point. I would lose out on Pierce who went 2 picks after and I had him on my Draft que button but just could not pull the trigger when I thought about how easy Joe Burrow makes it look. I wanted Joe Mixon had I drafted a RB in the 1st, just the consistency and ability for me to hammer at WR for a few rounds was my thinking, instead I started off WR-WR. Brady and Prescott would soon follow my Burrow selection, had Brady last 2 years and it's been a fun ride but I distanced myself from most Bucs this year at the draft. No science behind it, at least I admit it. Also with Burrow I won't be taking a back up QB until every other team has theirs so essentially I am done.

7th-Christain Kirk WR, This is likely going to be one of my weekly Flex options. not much value at RB so instead of taking a RB3 I'm not thrilled about starting or using often, I open up the Flex spot and start filling it with potential breakout WRs. Behind the 3-headed monster I am putting together at WR, Kirk should fill in nicely.
8th-Chase Edmonds RB, Not a sexy pick and Mostert seems like he is in line for touches in a RBBC, both Chase and Raheem have injuries that have plagued them so I think Miami will try and mix it up but Edmonds has the best hands and will be out there often in pass situations, don't think he will even break 200 carries if Miami can manage his workload. I know Miami has many mouths to feed at WR but the Head Coach is not going to run the offense according to everyone's FF team. Waddle is going to see a dip in targets is my belief and Gesicki too, might even be traded before Long.

9th-Elijah Moore WR, I like the combo of Moore and Kirk, bye weeks and occasional availability issues to any of my Top 3 and I can slide someone else out there with upside, Moore displayed some mad skills in limited action last season. WR5, I'm good with that.
10th-Zac Ertz TE, Mandatory start league and I waited forever and was prepared to take TE20 off the board if need be but Ertz was sitting there and I like him more than others. His 1st 6 weeks should be a fun ride. I added Everett from LAC in the 18th round to go with Ertz.
11th Damien Harris RB, Stevenson was long gone and nobody wanted him so I figured RB4 with no sizzle, I could do worse than a guy that scores steady on Sundays. Spot start when I need it.

And then I took 1 more RB, Isiah Spiller around the 15th round, just like the upside of the Chargers, they are all darts at this point in the draft. I also took Christian Watson as my WR6 very late in the draft, if he hits great and if not I can part ways with him on waivers. Bills and Dolphins on Defense, Blankenship the Indy kicker, think I'm going to be OK. Took Trevor Lawrence as my QB2 in the last round, hope I don't have to use him much. I wanted Tua but left him out there too long.

What did you discover this past weekend and what do you have ahead of you leading up to Week 1?

Last edited:
I do want to express my enjoyment of the Draft Dominator, even the free version before the stats and projections change closer to kickoff of Week 1, that's some incredible software, had not used it in about 2-3 seasons and what a mistake that is. I felt calm throughout and understanding our scoring rules and what I was likely to see come off the Draft board before my next pick every time.

I was able to quickly run about 10-15 mocks leading up to the Draft, of all the apps and software I have tried out from different sites, this was by far my favorite. I saw a couple of the guys using laptops thru our Zoom but again I felt like I was looking at everyone's hole cards at the table, know what I mean? You owe it yourself to test it out even if you don't buy a subscription.

14 team league. 1 QB, 2 RBS, 3 WRS, TE, Flex, K, D

Drafted 12th

1-Swift: Slight ADP reach but he wouldn't have made it back around the turn. Passed on Barkley for him. I considered going WR/WR to start, but with 14 teams, would have been real thin and I really like Swift this year. Lions OL should be really good and big role in passing game. Maybe should have taken Barkley there.
2) Diggs: Want a piece of that offense
3) Allen Robinson: See above
4) Mike Williams: See above
5) JK Dobbins: Pleasantly surprised to see him fall this far. May be a slow start to season though
6) Dalton Schultz: Love him this year without Cooper around
7) DeAndre Hopkins: Worth the wait
8) Stevenson: Hopefully gets the passing game work
9) Nyheim Hines: Should be a decent bye week fill in and huge upside if there is a Taylor injury
10)Stafford: 12th QB off the board
11) Gallup: Hoping he is ready to go by week 3
12)KJ Osborn
13)Jameson Williams: Can cut if I need the roster space
14)McKinnon: Want to see if he becomes the passing game back in KC.
15)Colts D. Good first week match up
16) Carlson K

Just missed out on DJ Moore in the 3rd and AJ Dillon in the 5th. Two guys I really wanted.

Overall, pretty happy for a 14 teamer. Was going to go with the hero RB draft but Dobbins still there in the 5th changed that. Maybe should have grabbed Bateman or Lazard there. But I'm confident that I can make it through the Hopkins suspension in decent shape and my WRs will be pretty damn good.

As an aside, Live draft and was hosting so wasn't watching my phone. After I picked in the 7th, the guy at the turn gave me the news of the Brian Robinson shooting and then promptly took Gibson.

Drafted 12th

1-Swift: Slight ADP reach but he wouldn't have made it back around the turn. Passed on Barkley for him. I considered going WR/WR to start, but with 14 teams, would have been real thin and I really like Swift this year. Lions OL should be really good and big role in passing game. Maybe should have taken Barkley there.
5) JK Dobbins: Pleasantly surprised to see him fall this far. May be a slow start to season though
9) Nyheim Hines: Should be a decent bye week fill in and huge upside if there is a Taylor injury
12)KJ Osborn
16) Carlson K

Just missed out on DJ Moore in the 3rd and AJ Dillon in the 5th. Two guys I really wanted.

Overall, pretty happy for a 14 teamer. Was going to go with the hero RB draft but Dobbins still there in the 5th changed that. Maybe should have grabbed Bateman or Lazard there. But I'm confident that I can make it through the Hopkins suspension in decent shape and my WRs will be pretty damn good.

As an aside, Live draft and was hosting so wasn't watching my phone. After I picked in the 7th, the guy at the turn gave me the news of the Brian Robinson shooting and then promptly took Gibson.
That's a great team for 14 man league. If you had gotten DJ moore in the third and AJ Dillon in the 5th and Gibson in the 7th, you'd be walking to a championship.

Drafted 12th

12)KJ Osborn
16) Carlson K

Same thing, we have an ombudsman that always announces everything and sends texts out anytime Schefter breaks wind so we knew at the draft but I have to say that I was drinking shots and tallboys about every other round so I wasn't fast enough to start thinking about Gibson plus he hasn't been their RB1 in camp, not sure the Commandos won't make a potential trade like Hunt in Cleveland even though the Browns swear off any Hunt trades.

Last edited:

Drafted 12th

12)KJ Osborn
16) Carlson K

Same thing, we have an ombudsman that always announces everything and sends texts out anytime Schefter breaks wind so we knew at the draft but I have to say that I was drinking shots and tallboys about every other round so I wasn't fast enough to start thinking about Gibson plus he hasn't been their RB1 in camp, not sure the Commandos won't make a potential trade like Hunt in Cleveland even though the Browns swear off any Hunt trades.

not sure the Commandos won't make a potential trade like Hunt in Cleveland even though the Browns swear off any Hunt trades.
This is a good point. I like taking stabs at D Johnson late since he could benefit from a trade whether it involved him or Hunt. Watch out for the Broncos trading Mike Boone. He had a great third pre season game. The Broncos only have 5 draft picks next year and The GM George Paton has hinted they will be acquiring more. This is just pure speculation.

Drafted 11th. First pick is wholly dependent on how many WRs are off the board. There won't be any compelling cases for my RB1.
  1. 1.11/11th Stefon Diggs The usual suspects are gone, 7 RBs and 3 WRs. Both Diggs and Adams are there, along with Kamara, Swift, Barkley. Lamb is of course still around. I know the guy drafting 12th is a huge Lions fan so if I take a WR I know D'Andre will go at 12/13. If I take a RB there is a possibility I'll be starting RB/RB because he might take both Diggs and Adams. Of all these possibilities, the one I don't feel comfortable with is Lamb. I take Stefon, and my long time league mate goes Swifit/Adams.
  2. 2.02/14th Alvin Kamara Lamb is one possibility (it's full PPR) but I prefer a balanced start. It's been awhile since Saquon has been a dominator. He's not without risk but I'll take bitchin' Kamara. The only other serious consideration was whether to reach for Javonte, who is probably the best Y2 breakout candidate in the draft. But there's no reason to push an edge case this early.
  3. 3.11/35th James Connor After 14 RBs (8+6) go in the first two rounds, the league completely pivots away from rushers. 7 WRs, 2 QBs and Kelce go from 2.12 to 3.09. The drafter ahead of me takes the one lead back i don't want, Ezekiel. Connor is an easy choice here bc he has little competition and will get all the RZ touches.
  4. 4.02/38th Mike Williams Turn guy takes AJ Brown and ETN, both of whom I have reservations about. Mike Williams is a fun boom bust WR2. Definitely thought about Courtland Sutton here but I'll take the Chargers deep threat, love Herbert to continue his excellent play this year.
  5. 5.11/59th Kyler Murray The 20 pick wait sees 3 more QBs (4 pt passing TD), 9 WRs, 6 RBs, 2 TEs. I keep a running tally in and we're up to 5 QBs, 25 WRs, 23 RBs, 5 TEs. Last year I had a near perfect draft but waited one round too long for my QB, taking JuJu as my WR4 and Cooks as my WR5. I ended up punting the position until the 12th and struggled all year finding one (still made the Championship Game but cost 2-3 games not drafting Stafford.) Definitely influenced my thinking here. I don't like Hurts as a passer, even though I know from a PPG perspective he's the chalk pick here. Little too early for Lance. Kyler Murray seems like the safest bet.
  6. 6.02/62nd Dalton Schultz Godwin/Pollard taken at the turn - the latter really hurts, I wanted him for my RB3, surprised at the reach but whatever. Usually if I wait on QB I'll take a top 5 TE. If I go early on QB I'll wait for my TE. One or the other. But with 5 TEs off the board, there's a real chance I'll be on the outside looking in if I don't take one here. TBF, I didn't come to that conclusion until I looked over the RB/WR who had bubbled up to the top of the queue: Cooks, ARSB and Renfrow all would have been good choices as my WR3. I'm not as enthused about CEH, D.Harris or Jacobs. Looking further down, I feel confident about the WRs and RBs I think will still be around for the 7/8, and just not sure there will be much quality at TE there. Dalton Schultz was TE5 a year ago and with Gallup rehabbing, Cooper in Cleveland, and Tolbert unlikely to be a target hog, I feel like he'll increase last years 104 targets. Back to back QB/TE is a weird turn for me but I'm OK with my process.
  7. 7.11/83rd Chase Edmonds The three aforementioned RBs go during the 20 pick lull along with Antonio Gibson (this was prior to Brian Robinson report coming out.) I'm fine with that, didn't have any of them on my radar. Have Dameon Pierce locked and loaded but he goes four picks before mine. I settle for Chase Edmonds. He'll have good weeks but won't be an every week Flex, will need more later.
  8. 8.02/86th Marquise Brown QB/TE go before me so no impact on my choice here. There are 35 WRs off the board and I'm amazed to see Marquise Brown is still there. Minor concern: this will be my third Cardinals skill position player. But the value is too good to pass up. Lazard, E.Moore, Kirk, Mooney, Davonta and Lockett will be drafted before my next pick. Feel like I got the best available here but case to made for Mooney. I also like Smith. Not a huge fan of either passer though.
  9. 9.11/107th James Cook I want another RB with a role here, and it really comes down to James Cook, Nyheim Hines or Kenneth Gainwell. I opt for the Bills rookie, Hines goes at the turn along with Mattison, and Gainwell goes before my next pick. Feel good about the upside here.
  10. 10.02/110th Cole Kmet Most years if I have a good TE (round 7 or earlier) I don't bother with a backup. I'll worry about it on the bye week. Not sure why in the same draft I went earlyish on QB/TE I decided to forego Flex value. Of the remaining TEs, Kmet/Henry/Freiermuth have the most upside. I take the guy who has been less TD dependent. With A-Rob in L.A., could see a big uptick in his targets (93 in Y2.) This was an unnecessary luxury pick, not sure how often I'll start him and there's no reason to think Schultz is an injury risk. In hindsight, Chris Olave or Gainwell would have been better picks.
  11. 11.11/131st Khalil Herbert Bummed I missed out on Gainwell. Herbert is a good player and might see more snaps under the new regime. Last year he had 87 touches in the 4 games Monty missed or was hurt, only 30 in his other 13g.
  12. 12.02/134th George Pickens While Olave and London will probably be more productive, I'm really impressed with what the Steelers wideout has shown this summer. Nobody in the NFL is better at drafting WRs. Has flex potential for me (we start 3 WR + WRT flex.)
  13. 13.11/155th Denver I usually take a DST in the 17th/18th or not at all, opting for the WW Week 1 matchup. I like their Week 1 matchup and think they will be solid, love their DBs ball skills.
  14. 14.02/158th Matt Prater I usually take a K in the 17th/18th or not at all, opting for the WW Week 1 matchup. I've completely lost my mind at this point. Will Lutz post draft WW would have been a better choice.
  15. 15.11/179th Michael Gallup may not start the year on the PUP but he's there for now, meaning I'll move him to the IR and pick up a lottery ticket RB post draft.
  16. 16.02/182nd Jameson Williams definitely headed for the NFI, see above - one more post draft RB lottery ticket. He is NOT close to returning. I don't think this will be OBJ rookie year at all. But he is a lot more than just a burner, late season he might see a surge in usage. Gotta love the chutzpah of him taking number 9.
  17. 17.11/203rd Deshaun Watson I don't need a bye week QB until Week 13. His 11 game suspension + bye = Week at Houston. I am so here for it, will probably be a disaster. He will be clogging the roster all year (my two IR spots are full and suspended players are not eligible.) Wan'Dale Robinson - next pick - might have been a wiser choice. Likely scenario is one of Mayfield/Matt Jones/Tannehill/Wenz will replace him on the roster at some point.
  18. 18.02/206th Joshua Palmer Might have value as the WR3, though reemerging Paris Campbell might have been a better pick. It's the WR7 who cares.

Last edited:
Drafted 11th. First pick is wholly dependent on how many WRs are off the board. There won't be any compelling cases for my RB1.
  1. 1.11/11th Stefon Diggs The usual suspects are gone, 7 RBs and 3 WRs. Both Diggs and Adams are there, along with Kamara, Swift, Barkley. Lamb is of course still around. I know the guy drafting 12th is a huge Lions fan so if I take a WR I know D'Andre will go at 12/13. If I take a RB there is a possibility I'll be starting RB/RB because he might take both Diggs and Adams. Of all these possibilities, the one I don't feel comfortable with is Lamb. I take Stefon, and my long time league mate goes Swifit/Adams.
  2. 2.02/14th Alvin Kamara Lamb is one possibility (it's full PPR) but I prefer a balanced start. It's been awhile since Saquon has been a dominator. He's not without risk but I'll take bitchin' Kamara. The only other serious consideration was whether to reach for Javonte, who is probably the best Y2 breakout candidate in the draft. But there's no reason to push an edge case this early.
  3. 3.11/35th James Connor After 14 RBs (8+6) go in the first two rounds, the league completely pivots away from rushers. 7 WRs, 2 QBs and Kelce go from 2.12 to 3.09. The drafter ahead of me takes the one lead back i don't want, Ezekiel. Connor is an easy choice here bc he has little competition and will get all the RZ touches.
  4. 4.02/38th Mike Williams Turn guy takes AJ Brown and ETN, both of whom I have reservations about. Mike Williams is a fun boom bust WR2. Definitely thought about Courtland Sutton here but I'll take the Chargers deep threat, love Herbert to continue his excellent play this year.
  5. 5.11/59th Kyler Murray The 2 pick wait sees 3 more QBs (4 pt passing TD), 9 WRs, 6 RBs, 2 TEs. I keep a running tally in and we're up to 5 QBs, 25 WRs, 23 RBs, 5 TEs. Last year I had a near perfect draft but waited one round too long for my QB, taking JuJu as my WR4 and Cooks as my WR5. I ended up punting the position until the 12th and struggled all year finding one (still made the Championship Game but cost 2-3 games not drafting Stafford.) Definitely influenced my thinking here. I don't like Hurts as a passer, even though I know from a PPG perspective he's the chalk pick here. Little too early for Lance. Kyler Murray seems like the safest bet.
  6. 6.02/62nd Dalton Schultz Godwin/Pollard taken at the turn - the latter really hurts, I wanted him for my RB3, surprised at the reach but whatever. Usually if I wait on QB I'll take a top 5 TE. If I go early on TE I'll wait for my QB. One or the other. But with 5 TEs off the board, there's a real chance I'll be on the outside looking in if I don't take one here. TBF, I didn't come to that conclusion until I looked over the RB/WR who had bubbled up to the top of the queue: Cooks, ARSB and Renfrow all would have been good choices as my WR3. I'm not as enthused about CEH, D.Harris or Jacobs. Looking further down, I feel confident about the WRs and RBs I think will still be around for the 7/8, and just not sure there will be much quality at TE there. Dalton Schultz was TE5 a year ago and with Gallup rehabbing, Cooper in Cleveland, and Tolbert unlikely to be a target hog, I feel like he'll increase last years 104 targets. Back to back QB/TE is a weird turn for me but I'm OK with my process.
  7. 7.11/83rd Chase Edmonds The three aforementioned RBs go during the 20 pick lull along with Antonio Gibson (this was prior to Brian Robinson report coming out.) I'm fine with that, didn't have any of them on my radar. Have Dameon Pierce locked and loaded but he goes four picks before mine. I settle for Chase Edmonds. He'll have good weeks but won't be an every week Flex, will need more later.
  8. 8.02/86th Marquise Brown QB/TE go before me so no impact on my choice here. There are 35 WRs off the board and I'm amazed to see Marquise Brown is still there. Minor concern: this will be my third Cardinals skill position player. But the value is too good to pass up. Lazard, E.Moore, Kirk, Mooney, Davonta and Lockett will be drafted before my next pick. Feel like I got the best available here but case to made for Mooney. I also like Smith. Not a huge fan of either passer though.
  9. 9.11/107th James Cook I want another RB with a role here, and it really comes down to James Cook, Nyheim Hines or Kenneth Gainwell. I opt for the Bills rookie, Hines goes at the turn along with Mattison, and Gainwell goes before my next pick. Feel good about the upside here.
  10. 10.02/110th Cole Kmet Most years if I have a good TE (round 7 or earlier) I don't bother with a backup. I'll worry about it on the bye week. Not sure why in the same draft I went earlyish on QB/TE I decided to forego Flex value. Of the remaining TEs, Kmet/Henry/Freiermuth have the most upside. I take the guy is less TD dependent. With A-Rob in L.A., could see a big uptick in his targets (93 in Y2.) This was an unnecessary luxury pick, not sure how often I'll start him and there's no reason to think Schultz is an injury risk. In hindsight, Chris Olave or Gainwell would have been better picks.
  11. 11.11/131st Khalil Herbert Bummed I missed out on Gainwell. Herbert is a good player and might see more snaps under the new regime. Last year he had 87 touches in the 4 games Monty missed or was hurt, only 30 in his other 13g.
  12. 12.02/134th George Pickens While Olave and London will probably be more productive, I'm really impressed with what the Steelers wideout has shown this summer. Nobody in the NFL is better at drafting WRs. Has flex potential for me (we start 3 WR + WRT flex.)
  13. 13.11/155th Denver I usually take a DST in the 17th/18th or not at all, opting for the WW Week 1 matchup. I like their Week 1 matchup and think they will be solid, love their DBs ball skills.
  14. 14.02/158th Matt Prater I usually take a K in the 17th/18th or not at all, opting for the WW Week 1 matchup. I've completely lost my mind at this point. Will Lutz post draft WW would have been a better choice.
  15. 15.11/179th Michael Gallup may not start the year on the PUP but he's there for now, meaning I'll move him to the IR and pick up a lottery ticket RB post draft.
  16. 16.02/182nd Jameson Williams definitely headed for the NFL, see above - one more post draft RB lottery ticket. He is NOT close to returning. I don't think this will be OBJ rookie year at all. But he is a lot more than just a burner, late season he might see a surge in usage. Gotta love the chutzpah of him taking number 9.
  17. 17.11/203rd Deshaun Watson I don't need a bye week QB until Week 13. His 11 game suspension + bye = Week at Houston. I am so here for it, will probably be a disaster. He will be clogging the roster all year (my two IR spots are full and suspended players are not eligible.) Wan'Dale Robinson - next pick - might have been a wiser choice. Likely scenario is one of Mayfield/Matt Jones/Tannehill/Wenz will replace him on the roster at some point.
  18. 18.02/206th Joshua Palmer Might have value as the WR3, though reemerging Paris Campbell might have been a better pick. It's the WR7 who cares.
WR-RB-RB-WR, Diggs/Williams/Kamara/Connor should produce as your nucleus. Kamara is a Top 5 weekly RB and isn't likely to be disciplined right now by the NFL, good move.

Connor-Murray-Hollywood, I C what you did here and many are high on the AZ offense this season.
Schultz-Kmet as a TE tandem 6th/10th, great ROI if Kmet can find the end zone this year.

Chase-Cook I like as RB3/4 fills on your roster, Herbert has been injured a lot but Monty is pedestrian every time I try and watch him.
Pickens-Gallup-Williams.... I just think after he comes off the PUP they will ease him slowly into the Offense but we are talking WR5/6 here. Pickens is another rookie WR, think Gallup will get you the most mileage of these 3 right now.

Solid draft, loved your break down of each pick, thank you so much for doing this Bobby

5. 5.11/59th Kyler Murray The 20 pick wait sees 3 more QBs (4 pt passing TD), 9 WRs, 6 RBs, 2 TEs. I keep a running tally in and we're up to 5 QBs, 25 WRs, 23 RBs, 5 TEs. Last year I had a near perfect draft but waited one round too long for my QB, taking JuJu as my WR4 and Cooks as my WR5. I ended up punting the position until the 12th and struggled all year finding one (still made the Championship Game but cost 2-3 games not drafting Stafford.) Definitely influenced my thinking here. I don't like Hurts as a passer, even though I know from a PPG perspective he's the chalk pick here. Little too early for Lance. Kyler Murray seems like the safest bet.
  6. 6.02/62nd Dalton Schultz Godwin/Pollard taken at the turn - the latter really hurts, I wanted him for my RB3, surprised at the reach but whatever. Usually if I wait on QB I'll take a top 5 TE. If I go early on QB I'll wait for my TE. One or the other. But with 5 TEs off the board, there's a real chance I'll be on the outside looking in if I don't take one here. TBF, I didn't come to that conclusion until I looked over the RB/WR who had bubbled up to the top of the queue: Cooks, ARSB and Renfrow all would have been good choices as my WR3. I'm not as enthused about CEH, D.Harris or Jacobs. Looking further down, I feel confident about the WRs and RBs I think will still be around for the 7/8, and just not sure there will be much quality at TE there. Dalton Schultz was TE5 a year ago and with Gallup rehabbing, Cooper in Cleveland, and Tolbert unlikely to be a target hog, I feel like he'll increase last years 104 targets. Back to back QB/TE is a weird turn for me but I'm OK with my process.
  10. 10.02/110th Cole Kmet Most years if I have a good TE (round 7 or earlier) I don't bother with a backup. I'll worry about it on the bye week. Not sure why in the same draft I went earlyish on QB/TE I decided to forego Flex value. Of the remaining TEs, Kmet/Henry/Freiermuth have the most upside. I take the guy who has been less TD dependent. With A-Rob in L.A., could see a big uptick in his targets (93 in Y2.) This was an unnecessary luxury pick, not sure how often I'll start him and there's no reason to think Schultz is an injury risk. In hindsight, Chris Olave or Gainwell would have been better picks.
  16. 16.02/182nd Jameson Williams definitely headed for the NFI, see above - one more post draft RB lottery ticket. He is NOT close to returning. I don't think this will be OBJ rookie year at all. But he is a lot more than just a burner, late season he might see a surge in usage. Gotta love the chutzpah of him taking number 9.
Hollywood in the 8th and Palmer in the 18th is crazy value. your Denver pick is a little early but they should be very good and their first two weeks are great. I’m hoping to pair the Broncos with the Chargers to give me great match ups the first 6 weeks. I think this is an underrated strategy by the fantasy community. Most people just take the top rated D’s but don’t consider their schedules. Once I get into rounds 15+ I target K and Defense. The odds of hitting on a positional sleeper at this point is low.

Standard league 2 RBs, 3 WRs NO FLEX (super old school but we like it because it makes it more difficult to prepare since everything now is geared towards ppr, multiple flexes, etc)

1.04 CMC: I was absolutely ecstatic to see him fall. I had a feeling he might since one guy ahead of me also happened to have taken CMC at 1.01 last year and the other person had Ekeler last year, had a great season and really loved him. It felt like winning the lottery here.

Saquon: Another pick I raced to the podium for. Doubled down on the injury risk but it's worth it IMO. There are very few opportunities where it is possible to get 2 RBs with such obvious paths to overall RB1 outcomes.

Mark Andrews: I couldn't have loved this start more. Someone ahead of me got cute and took Pitts before Andrews. That very well may pay off but I am happy to get Andrews. He was a beast last year and it looks like once again the Ravens offense will need to lean on him.

This is where my draft turned and I found myself repeatedly missing out on my targets and having to compromise with players I don't love or who I thought I have waited longer for. Loved my start but the rest of the draft was rough imo.

Dionte Johnson: I don't know why but I have never been into him. It is probably more of an aesthetic thing-so many dumpoffs, drops and it seems like he gets banged up every week (happened again Sunday). I do have to acknowledge that the QB situation can't be any worse than last year and he was 3rd in the NFL in targets last year, 6th the year before.

5.04 Gabe Davis: Major boom/bust pick. After tying my WR1 spot to someone on such a sad offense, I wanted to make sure my WR2 had a lot of TD upside. I think he is a good complement to Dionate. One is consistent, the other will likely be a spike week guy.

6.09 Adam Thielen
: At this point my risk is off the charts- so I am just leaning all the way in. 24 TDs in his last 28 games.

7.04 Elijah Moore: IDK here. Love the talent, hate the situation. People say 2nd year WRs tend to be the best value so I rolled the dice. In retrospect, I wish I had taken someone safer like Christian Kirk.

8.09 Russell Wilson: I am not ecstatic about this either. He doesn't run anymore. I know he will have huge games but it seems like in recent years he comes to a major slow down the 2nd half the season. No QB went off the board for another 30 picks either. I feel like I may have botched this.

Finished the draft with a lot of rookies. It seems like they have so much more upside than veterans. If those veterans had upside, they wouldn't be going so late. Plus I know I will be churning the back 1/4 of my roster I can get an early peak at the rookies and if they aren't getting playing time, it is easy to move on.

Chris Olave, George Pickens, Romeo Doubs.

Rachaad White, Tyrion Davis Price, Mark Ingram.

Kirk Cousins-
I know in 1 QB leagues they say you shouldn't take a 2nd QB but this league can be annoying as so many people do take a 2nd QB that if yours gets hurt or struggles, it can a challenge to replace them. My concern with Wilson is high enough I decided to take a back up this year. Cousins is both steady and has some upside with the new HC from the Rams.

Hollywood in the 8th and Palmer in the 18th is crazy value. your Denver pick is a little early but they should be very good and their first two weeks are great. I’m hoping to pair the Broncos with the Chargers to give me great match ups the first 6 weeks. I think this is an underrated strategy by the fantasy community. Most people just take the top rated D’s but don’t consider their schedules. Once I get into rounds 15+ I target K and Defense. The odds of hitting on a positional sleeper at this point is low.

I'm usually very active in our Weekly DST thread and traditionally I've done really, really well rotating defenses. But that used to be easier when you had gun slinging turnover machines starting at several spots on super weak *** teams. Having two to pair with (regular FBGs feature for years) is a very solid strategy. Thing with DSTs is good ones emerge every single year. We had five teams double up, and I'm sure good FF defenses will emerge from the other 15. CAR PIT TEN WAS are out there now and playing in a average to weak offense division is def a factor.

@BobbyLayne really like the draft. I am not into James Conner but I seem to be in the minority. Getting Hollywood that late was a blessing for you. I get your explanation for Watson but I still hate the pick. You could churn a dozen players in that spot before you can ever use him. That could be the next Amon Ra that you don't have on your roster because you've been holding Watson for 1 bye week game. Were there other QBs available? I would rather take a QB who is playing because maybe they just end up breaking out.

As for defenses, if one doesn't want to play the game of rotating week to week, Philly is good option. Here are there opponents in order

Lions, Vikings, Commanders, Jags, Cards, Cowboys, Steelers, Texans, Commanders, Colts, Packers, Titans, Giants, Bears, Cowboys, Saints.

It's not necessarily the easiest out of the gate but there's hardly a scary match-up through the whole season.

@BobbyLayne really like the draft. I am not into James Conner but I seem to be in the minority. Getting Hollywood that late was a blessing for you. I get your explanation for Watson but I still hate the pick. You could churn a dozen players in that spot before you can ever use him. That could be the next Amon Ra that you don't have on your roster because you've been holding Watson for 1 bye week game. Were there other QBs available? I would rather take a QB who is playing because maybe they just end up breaking out.

The Conner pick is mostly about situation over talent. I did a lot of mocks where I went 3WRs or 2WR+Te with one hero RB. If I had landed a Mixon or Harris at 1.11 would have gone that way, feel less confident about Kamara being the lynchpin of my season.

As mentioned above, will likely replace Watson with one of the four on the WW. Winston at 14.02 would have been the obvious place to take a decent QB instead of going DST/K. I wanted Tua or Lawrence but they went after my Herbert/Pickens turn so no regrets there.

12-team work league, 0.5 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 PK, 1 DST

Had the #3 pick, figured it'd be between Jefferson and Kupp, and it was.

#3 - Opted for Justin Jefferson here given the half-PPR and since I already own Kupp in a few other leagues.

#22 - Knew I needed RB here since the position feels shallow even with many teams employing RBBC. Haven't liked the general makeup of any team where I went WR-WR or WR-TE. Opted for Leonard Fournette who felt like a pretty safe bet. No, I wasn't just picking ex-LSU Tigers. So far I like my 1-2 punch.

#27 - With 3 starting WRs, I felt I had to go WR here, and was pleased to find Tee Higgins in the third. I do like Ja'Marr Chase and think he and Joe Burrow will continue to shine, but Higgins feels like more like a #1b than #2 WR in this high-octane offense. For me, that provides nice value as a #2 fantasy WR.

#46 - Was at a bit of a crossroads here. I didn't like the grouping of RBs that were available, the top tier TEs were gone, and there was a big grouping of QBs that I liked. So I opted to lock down a third WR. Felt that Dionte Johnson's value here was solid, although I do prefer him in the full-PPR format. Pretty much guaranteed me the best receiving corps in the league, which could prove key given we must start 3.

#51 - Really waffled on this pick as well, as we were still in a spot where I felt I'd be reaching for RB or TE. So QB it was, which I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I opted for Patrick Mahomes, although I was really targeting Jalen Hurts in this league. But, even with question marks at WR for the Chiefs, Mahomes just felt "safer" while giving me a ton of upside. Knew I had to address RB next, but there was a big group of RBs that I had clumped together here; knew that one would fall.

#70 - Sure enough, one of my RBs fell - J.K. Dobbins. Yes there's some injury risk here, but if he's good to go, he offers low-end RB1 upside given that offense. Pairing him with a more "safe" Fournette felt good. Knew I had a cache of "sleeper RBs" I could grab late, too.

#75 - At this point I'm hellbent on just "filling out my starters" and 2nd/3rd tier TEs were starting to fly off the board, so I opted for T.J. Hockenson. Not overly enthused with this pick, as I was hoping Kyle Pitts would fall to the 4th, but that didn't happen. Well, just to ensure I wasn't stuck with a guy like Albert O or Noah Fant, I reached for Hockenson in the 7th. Seemed like an appropriate time to consider TE.

#94 - Now I'm a few beers in (I know, never draft buzzed) and feeling pretty good about the makeup of my squad. I'm looking at BPA, with target really set on RB since Dobbins might still have injury concerns. Opted for Rashaad Penny, who was an absolute beast during the tail end of last season. Yes, Kenneth Walker will breathe down his neck, but I'm thinking that, at least initially, Penny will be the lead dog and I'll have a few weeks to snag an up-and-comer, especially if I whiff on handcuffing with Walker later on. That completed my starting lineup minus PK and DST.

Bench players Probably my worst pick so far, I opted for Russell Gage in the 9th. Just love the upside, especially considering both TBB starting WRs have some injury concerns (Evans always seems dinged, Godwin coming back from a major ouchie). Grabbed Kenneth Gainwell next, just not trusting Sanders much. Took another high-upside RB in Khalil Herbert next. although that could have waited a round or two. Loved the upside of David Njoku in the 12th, especially with Hockenson potentially not producing like a Tier 2 TE. In the 13th, it was time to grab either a kicker or D, so opted for the LA Rams, who were the top-FBG-ranked kicker or D left on the board. While I don't like their Week 1 tilt (grabbed Denver off waivers this morning), they should be solid the rest of the way. Took Matt Prater as my kicker; I think he'll be solid for the Cardinals and I love dome kickers in higher-powered offenses. Irv Smith rounded out my TE stable in the 15th and took Marvin Jones as my last pick (dropped for DEN D). I was bummed that I missed out on 'cuffing Penny with Walker, though.

Yahoo! gave me an A-minus for my draft; only one other team did better (according to them... but looking at his roster I much prefer mine).

Standard league 2 RBs, 3 WRs NO FLEX (super old school but we like it because it makes it more difficult to prepare since everything now is geared towards ppr, multiple flexes, etc)

1.04 CMC: I was absolutely ecstatic to see him fall. I had a feeling he might since one guy ahead of me also happened to have taken CMC at 1.01 last year and the other person had Ekeler last year, had a great season and really loved him. It felt like winning the lottery here.

Saquon: Another pick I raced to the podium for. Doubled down on the injury risk but it's worth it IMO. There are very few opportunities where it is possible to get 2 RBs with such obvious paths to overall RB1 outcomes.

Mark Andrews: I couldn't have loved this start more. Someone ahead of me got cute and took Pitts before Andrews. That very well may pay off but I am happy to get Andrews. He was a beast last year and it looks like once again the Ravens offense will need to lean on him.

This is where my draft turned and I found myself repeatedly missing out on my targets and having to compromise with players I don't love or who I thought I have waited longer for. Loved my start but the rest of the draft was rough imo.

Dionte Johnson: I don't know why but I have never been into him. It is probably more of an aesthetic thing-so many dumpoffs, drops and it seems like he gets banged up every week (happened again Sunday). I do have to acknowledge that the QB situation can't be any worse than last year and he was 3rd in the NFL in targets last year, 6th the year before.

5.04 Gabe Davis: Major boom/bust pick. After tying my WR1 spot to someone on such a sad offense, I wanted to make sure my WR2 had a lot of TD upside. I think he is a good complement to Dionate. One is consistent, the other will likely be a spike week guy.

6.09 Adam Thielen: At this point my risk is off the charts- so I am just leaning all the way in. 24 TDs in his last 28 games.

7.04 Elijah Moore: IDK here. Love the talent, hate the situation. People say 2nd year WRs tend to be the best value so I rolled the dice. In retrospect, I wish I had taken someone safer like Christian Kirk.

8.09 Russell Wilson: I am not ecstatic about this either. He doesn't run anymore. I know he will have huge games but it seems like in recent years he comes to a major slow down the 2nd half the season. No QB went off the board for another 30 picks either. I feel like I may have botched this.

Finished the draft with a lot of rookies. It seems like they have so much more upside than veterans. If those veterans had upside, they wouldn't be going so late. Plus I know I will be churning the back 1/4 of my roster I can get an early peak at the rookies and if they aren't getting playing time, it is easy to move on.

Chris Olave, George Pickens, Romeo Doubs.

Rachaad White, Tyrion Davis Price, Mark Ingram.

Kirk Cousins-
I know in 1 QB leagues they say you shouldn't take a 2nd QB but this league can be annoying as so many people do take a 2nd QB that if yours gets hurt or struggles, it can a challenge to replace them. My concern with Wilson is high enough I decided to take a back up this year. Cousins is both steady and has some upside with the new HC from the Rams.
This is not bad at all, if you don't mind I'll break some of this down myself.

CMC went No 3 overall in my league, getting him at 4 is too much to pass up. Saquon was gone by the time it came back to me in the 2nd, I would have possibly thought about him vs Adams at WR. By going RB-RB early you made a decision you were going to hammer away at WR which isn't a bad theory. Before you start mowing down WRs you make a decision to either fill the TE spot or fill the QB spot, you decided to get a Top 3 TE on every website you can get a link to, you'll have an edge at the TE spot most weeks and against most teams. It's easy for those of us to just say Zac Ertz 6 rounds later but that's not on the same level in any way as Andrews being the focal point in Baltimore. RB1-RB2-TE(elite) and then you go WR 4x in a row, think that's how FBG used to draw it up when it was all Stud RB talk. Things have a changed a little over the last 25 years but this can still be a powerful way to build your team. Running backs worth their salt dry up fast.

Johnson in Pittsburgh should see a lot of targets. 1,000 yds and 8 TDs has been about his avg last 2 years as he enters Year 4, his stock is on the rise. Davis is a hot name and paired with a steady hand like Thielen who might be on the downside but still very reliable and probably healthy going into '22, he battled injuries a lot last year. I love Elijah Moore, drafted him myself about the same area as you did. Olave, Pickens and Doubs makes a lot of rookie WRs but the trend is changing where Rookies come into the NFL and play right away. I usually don't like more than 1 rookie WR on my roster but you only need to hit on 1 of these. Like White in Tampa, think he will see more action than folks realize as he learns the nuances of "Blitz Pick-up"

Wilson/Cousins is efficient if nothing else. 55+TDs between the two of them don't you think? Maybe several more. You locked up TE early, hard to do that and still take a QB before Round 7 at least so you were going to end up around this pick, nothing to be ashamed of here, just might not always be the weekly pop of a Josh Allen or perhaps even a Joe Burrow but the NFC West means Shootouts all year.

Good luck and Cheers!

The Conner pick is mostly about situation over talent. I did a lot of mocks where I went 3WRs or 2WR+Te with one hero RB. If I had landed a Mixon or Harris at 1.11 would have gone that way, feel less confident about Kamara being the lynchpin of my season.

As mentioned above, will likely replace Watson with one of the four on the WW. Winston at 14.02 would have been the obvious place to take a decent QB instead of going DST/K. I wanted Tua or Lawrence but they went after my Herbert/Pickens turn so no regrets there.
Palmer in the 18th was golden. I really wanted him, went 12th round in ours. I was not happy about that!

As for Conner, I totally get the situation. I just can't buy into him as a player. He better score a lot of TDs because he is very inefficient. Just seems to me like the classic RB who gets taken in round 2 or 3 based on situation and ends up being a disaster.

Last edited:
My latest 10 team PPR league was conducted over the weekend and I am pretty over the moon. I think a lot of great players fell to me and I did have a few sniped just before I could get them. I picked out of the 10 hole, which every mock draft I had done left me absolutely hating that spot.

Dalvin Cook Min, RB​
11Davante Adams LV, WR
30Mark Andrews Bal, TE
31Jaylen Waddle Mia, WR
50Ezekiel Elliott Dal, RB
51Brandin Cooks Hou, WR
70Elijah Moore NYJ, WR
71Rhamondre Stevenson NE, RB
90DeVonta Smith Phi, WR
91Antonio Gibson Wsh, RB
110Trey Lance SF, QB
111Derek Carr LV, QB
130Treylon Burks Ten, WR
131Zach Ertz Ari, TE
150Steelers D/ST Pit, D/ST
151Nick Folk NE, K

My dislikes are:

1. I went WR heavy and ran out of viable RB's.

2. Antonio Gibson - he was the last back available who seemed to have value in the 10th round. It was either Pollard, Mattison or Gibson and I took Gibson hoping they can find a spot for him on the field.

3. Tom Brady was sniped from me at pick 109 as a backup, which I didn't see coming and was forced into a panic Trey Lance/Derek Carr at the turn. I really think Carr would have gone in the 12th if I didn't take him and I was just cared to death of having Lance as my only viable QB.

4. I took Treylon Burks over Skyy Moore - absolutely panicked as time was running out in the round and didn't realize Moore was still there, but don't regret the decision too much.

This is not bad at all, if you don't mind I'll break some of this down myself.

CMC went No 3 overall in my league, getting him at 4 is too much to pass up. Saquon was gone by the time it came back to me in the 2nd, I would have possibly thought about him vs Adams at WR. By going RB-RB early you made a decision you were going to hammer away at WR which isn't a bad theory. Before you start mowing down WRs you make a decision to either fill the TE spot or fill the QB spot, you decided to get a Top 3 TE on every website you can get a link to, you'll have an edge at the TE spot most weeks and against most teams. It's easy for those of us to wit and just say Zac Ertz but that's not on the same level in any way as Andrews being the focal point in Baltimore. RB1-RB2-TE(elite) and then you go WR 4x in a row, think that's how FBG used to draw it up when it was all Stud RB talk. Things have a changed a little over the last 25 years but this can still be a powerful way to build your team. Running backs worth a salt dry up fast.

Johnson in Pittsburgh should see a lot of targets. 1,000 yds and 8 TDs has been about his avg last 2 years as he enters Year 4, his stock is on the rise. Davis is a hot name and paired with a steady hand like Thielen who might be on the downside but still very reliable and probably healthy going into '22, he battled injuries a lot last year. I love Elijah Moore, drafted him myself about the same area as you did. Olave, Pickens and Doubs makes a lot of rookie WRs but the trend is changing where Rookies come into the NFL and play right away. I usually don't like more than 1 rookie WR on my roster but you only need to hit on 1 of these. Like White in Tampa, think he will see more action than folks realize as he learns the nuances of "Blitz Pick-up"

Wilson/Cousins is efficient if nothing else. 55+TDs between the two of them don't you think? Maybe several more. You locked up TE early, hard to do that and still take a QB before Round 7 at least so you were going to end up around this pick, nothing to be ashamed of here, just might not always be the weekly pop of a Josh Allen or perhaps even a Joe Burrow but the NFC West means Shootouts all year.

Good luck and Cheers!

Thanks, makes me feel a little better. Ultimately, it will come down to the health of those first 2 picks. If they are both averaging around 17 ppg as they are more than capable of doing, then everything else will just fall into place. I generally don't take this kind of old school stud RB approach but I also can't ever think of a time that I have had the opportunity to get 2 RBs this good with such a clear 3 down workhorse roles. It was too tempting to pass up. As for the rookies, I agree that it is too many. I am honestly hoping 1 of them pops. I am very active on waivers so almost surely Doubs and TDP end up being dropped soon. Possibly even before week 1.

12-team auction in a WR premium league (full PPR, and can start up to 4 of them)...

Most notable moments were that several owners saved money for Sutton and Gabe Davis. Late stage bidding wars ensued for both, pushing their prices well ahead of other higher ADP WRs that came out much earlier. In each case, there were at least 2-3 losing owners left grumbling holding money bags but without their target. These two were by far the highest-priced players of the middle portion of the auction.

My latest 10 team PPR league was conducted over the weekend and I am pretty over the moon. I think a lot of great players fell to me and I did have a few sniped just before I could get them. I picked out of the 10 hole, which every mock draft I had done left me absolutely hating that spot.

Dalvin Cook Min, RB​
11Davante Adams LV, WR
30Mark Andrews Bal, TE
31Jaylen Waddle Mia, WR
50Ezekiel Elliott Dal, RB
51Brandin Cooks Hou, WR
70Elijah Moore NYJ, WR
71Rhamondre Stevenson NE, RB
90DeVonta Smith Phi, WR
91Antonio Gibson Wsh, RB
110Trey Lance SF, QB
111Derek Carr LV, QB
130Treylon Burks Ten, WR
131Zach Ertz Ari, TE
150Steelers D/ST Pit, D/ST
151Nick Folk NE, K

My dislikes are:

1. I went WR heavy and ran out of viable RB's.

2. Antonio Gibson - he was the last back available who seemed to have value in the 10th round. It was either Pollard, Mattison or Gibson and I took Gibson hoping they can find a spot for him on the field.

3. Tom Brady was sniped from me at pick 109 as a backup, which I didn't see coming and was forced into a panic Trey Lance/Derek Carr at the turn. I really think Carr would have gone in the 12th if I didn't take him and I was just cared to death of having Lance as my only viable QB.

4. I took Treylon Burks over Skyy Moore - absolutely panicked as time was running out in the round and didn't realize Moore was still there, but don't regret the decision too much.
I'm not big on Trey Lance but that's what you do when you take Trey Lance, you pair him with the Vet-Derek Carr and if Lance takes a few weeks to start clicking you have back up. Adams has to improve Carr's production and increase his number of weapons to move the ball down the field.
Cook/Zeke(5/6 turn) you should be happy you got what you got. Firepower at WR and you already know I like Andrews and you will have the advantage there most weeks.
Thanks for sharing this

Standard picked 4th out of 12.

Cook: I view him as the RB with the highest chance to be rb1 after the top 3 rbs

Javonte Williams: don't like many ppl late 2nd besides Williams. Really happy I got him here.

Pittman: was best receiver left. Love his upside this year

Sutton: love his upside with Wilson

Edmonds: was the best rb3 available. Like him over mostert because he's made of glass.

Singletary: still think he will be the guy to own this year.

Cooper: wr1 for his team and will get lots of targets

Trey Lance: he's my guy this year. Looking to grab him in every draft(2/3 atm, he went the pick before me in one draft)

Robinson Jr: sadness

Njoku: all in on him as my late te this year. Just paid, explosive, no competition, brissett loves te.

Allegier: one of my favorite rookie rbs. Patterson is not holding down the rb1 this year. He looked bad at the end of the year.

Chark: one of my favorite late wrs. Should have a good amount of targets this year.

Osborn: thielen is made of glass and should have a little stand alone value.

This league has set rosters or slots, 2QB-5RB-6WR-2TE-2D/ST-2PKs so no matter how much value falls there's a limit to what you can pick up.
I had the 5th pick and was taking the next RB off the board but my son made a phone call into the war room...love the younger generation's lack of respect for what has worked to this point.
We start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FLEX
PPR with TE at 1.5

1st-Cooper Kupp WR, won with him last year and I prefer the Rams offense over the Vikes but that's me.
2nd-DeVante Adams WR, one of the few that stepped out and went WR-WR to start with. Someone on the 1-2 turn went B2B TE with Kelce/Andrews which I thought was overkill, 1st season we upped the scoring for the Tight Ends to add a little more to the draft strategy. I was happy someone tried it, gets boring watching the same teams constructed every year.

Can't start much better than for PPR. Interesting about the team going bully TE. It is very viable with TE premium scoring. Kelce and Andrew scored on par with guys like Jefferson and Mixon last year with these settings. The only issue with that is the scarcity at RB and WR. That 3rd WR spot or 2nd RB spot could get pretty ugly as the season goes on.
For a guy that prides himself on RBs, I went another way early. As I look back I think I probably made a mistake not taking a ADP/Preseason Ranked RB like Henry/Cook/Mixon but I felt I could swing thru the next 2-3 rounds and find some other RBs I would be alright with. Najee Harris went 2nd overall and I was prepared at No 5 to grab him, it surprised me and triggered me to try and find another path.

3rd-Aaron Jones RB, Needed to stabilize my backfield and despite Aaron Jones sharing with another Top 20 candidate I revert back to the hole left when Adams jumped to Vegas. They can lighten up Jones workload but I predict he has a career year catching the football and of course I would because I drafted him.
4th-AJBrown WR, The drop off was coming and IMO he was the last in my tier before we started looking at Receivers that have questions plus I like the explosiveness AJB brings to this team. Pittman, Sutton, Williams, Mclaurin, Bob Woods and Cooks would all come off the board before I would pick again in the 5th, that's usually a good thing when you get ahead of the WR2 and WR3 runs in the draft. I felt like Brown was still a potential Top 10-12 type and locking that into the WR3 role should give me a huge advantage vs a lot of other teams on Sundays.
Jones in the 3rd is great value, huge get for you after starting with 2 WRs. I feel like a couple people in your league f'd up letting you get that start. Then AJ Brown is the icing on the cake. Nobody will be able to mess with your WR group.

5th-Elijah Mitchell, RB, As I wrote in the RB thread, TPiR Double Showcase Winner!!! I like RBs that are entering Year 2 and Javonte Williams went in the early 2nd because someone got my cheatsheets and sniped a lot of the RBs I had on a short list for later in the draft including Cam Akers(2.12) Dev Singletary(4/5 turn) and I could feel Pierce was going to go before I could likely get him. I was going to have show some flexibility and still lock down my RBs. I understand if not everyone is as excited as I am for drafting Mitchell but it allowed me to focus and not panic because I still felt my starting 5 was strong and the real drafting once the big names evaporate was just beginning.
6th-Joe Burrow, QB, I didn't get to write about QBs in a dedicated thread but will do so prior to Week 1. I admit there are many great ones. Allen went in the 3rd, Herbert(4/5 turn) and then Mahomes went right before me and I wanted to get ahead of the QB run. I won't go on and on about Burrow but not long after this Jalen Hurts comes off the board. I wanted to drop anchor and was feeling pretty good about my team at this point. I would lose out on Pierce who went 2 picks after and I had him on my Draft que button but just could not pull the trigger when I thought about how easy Joe Burrow makes it look. I wanted Joe Mixon had I drafted a RB in the 1st, just the consistency and ability for me to hammer at WR for a few rounds was my thinking, instead I started off WR-WR. Brady and Prescott would soon follow my Burrow selection, had Brady last 2 years and it's been a fun ride but I distanced myself from most Bucs this year at the draft. No science behind it, at least I admit it. Also with Burrow I won't be taking a back up QB until every other team has theirs so essentially I am done.
I am less enthusiastic about these picks. Mitchell's health worries me. I don't know about him staying healthy all year, he is already recovering from a hamstring injury. I love Burrow but like with Wilson, I worry if it's a QB dead zone we both ended up in. High enough where we are passing on valuable positional players but not high enough that we are getting an actual difference maker at the position. No rushing upside either. Still with his WRs, Burrow could have a 40 TD season.
7th-Christain Kirk WR, This is likely going to be one of my weekly Flex options. not much value at RB so instead of taking a RB3 I'm not thrilled about starting or using often, I open up the Flex spot and start filling it with potential breakout WRs. Behind the 3-headed monster I am putting together at WR, Kirk should fill in nicely.
8th-Chase Edmonds RB, Not a sexy pick and Mostert seems like he is in line for touches in a RBBC, both Chase and Raheem have injuries that have plagued them so I think Miami will try and mix it up but Edmonds has the best hands and will be out there often in pass situations, don't think he will even break 200 carries if Miami can manage his workload. I know Miami has many mouths to feed at WR but the Head Coach is not going to run the offense according to everyone's FF team. Waddle is going to see a dip in targets is my belief and Gesicki too, might even be traded before Long.
Love these 2 picks. Two guys I was absolutely targeting and was disappointed to have missed out on.

TE is a weakness but other than that you should be able to hold serve at QB and RB while leaning on a really strong core of 5 WRs to win weeks for you.

I'm usually very active in our Weekly DST thread and traditionally I've done really, really well rotating defenses. But that used to be easier when you had gun slinging turnover machines starting at several spots on super weak *** teams. Having two to pair with (regular FBGs feature for years) is a very solid strategy. Thing with DSTs is good ones emerge every single year. We had five teams double up, and I'm sure good FF defenses will emerge from the other 15. CAR PIT TEN WAS are out there now and playing in a average to weak offense division is def a factor.
The day’s of picking a great D and riding them is over. There are so many talented QB’s these days. I like taking good D’s with good matchups early. This gives me a chance to figure out which D’s are legit on the waiver wire and make my rest of season plan.

If there was ever a year to start at the back and work your way forward it's this one - figure out what you intend to do in rounds 7+ cause that's going to impact what you do early. For me I don't want to deal with a TE outside of the top 5, I do not want to fill out my WR depth chart too early, and I expect my late fliers to primarily be RB. 10 team (4 divisions - 40 total) start 2 qb/2 rb/3 wr/te/2 w-r-t flex/7 bench, non-ppr but with yardage bonuses

1.7 Travis Kelce - I wanted Ekeler or Cook but the QB run didn't start until pick 8 so I pivoted. I figured I'd get a RB from the same tier on the way back, but I wasn't too crazy about eliminating Andrews, Kittle, and Waller from my board.
2.4 Joe Mixon - I was correct as I don't have a strong opinion between him, Henry, and Barkley. I didn't know which one would fall, but I expected to get one. I preferred Barkley though.
3.7 Nick Chubb - this was a pleasant surprise, but this is how I talked myself into Kelce as my round 1 contingency plan. I did not want to start RB-RB because then I'd have been tempted to pass on value at RB here.
4.4 Davante Adams - another pleasant surprise, but while the QB's didn't start falling off the board until pick 8 they've been going one after another since (up to 13 now) so some value was going to fall. My pre-draft plan was to secure one top 12 WR, but I expected lesser.
5.7 Eli Mitchell - I knew I wasn't going to like this selection after picking Kelce and that's how it played out. I expected a tier drop at QB (best available Lawrence, Fields, Tua) and did not want to double up on WR, so pick your poison at RB. I like his risk:reward slightly more than Conner, Dobbins, Akers, Hall, ETN, Dillon, and Monty but I'd have rather been on the end of the tier.
6.4 Allen Robinson - I was hoping for a Charger WR (they were both still available at 5.7) but him, DJ Moore, and Gabe Davis also still being available made it easier to justify getting to the bottom of the tier.
7.7 Trevor Lawrence - this is why I was comfortable bypassing QB the last time around. I didn't think there would be zero QB's picked between 5.2 and 7.7, but I liked my chances of one of those 3 mentioned before falling. The Urban stink is gone and I think he's in for a big year.
8.4 Juju Smith-Schuster - week 14 is a part of our playoffs, which is why I passed on Michael Thomas at 7.7 but me thinks I still may regret that decision. I was content with any of him, Thielen, and Bateman as WR3 though.
9.7 Chris Godwin - with hind sight I should have picked him at 8.4. I never considered him falling this far, so he wasn't even on my radar until immediately after making my last pick.
10.4 Matt Ryan - didn't want to make the him or Mac Jones decision and the week 14 bye weighed on me, but I opted to trust my board and had zero confidence either would make it back.
11.7 DeAndre Hopkins - this turn is playing out very similar as the last one. I'm going to have lineup problems the first 6 weeks, but if I can get to that point 3-3 my lineup is going to be loaded for the home stretch.
12.4 DeShaun Watson - he became necessary after picking Ryan and the Watson vs Nuk decision was more than a little difficult. Sweated this one out on the way back as I didn't want anything to do with any other QB still available. I was betting on my competition still being preoccupied with their starting lineup and not looking at their bench and thankfully that's how it played out. I'm expecting rust, but at a QB21 price I don't care.
13.7 Darrell Henderson - since 3 of my last 4 picks will be starting the season suspended or on IR I'm going to need some lineup filler early on. Akers slow start to camp may open up some touches (if he's healthy himself anyway).
14.4 George Pickens - probably should have opted for a veteran I can start in September here, but the WR cliff had arrived.
15.7 Khalil Herbert - the Bears lack of weaponry is abundantly clear, so I think there is room for some touches here short term even with Monty around. I'm hoping to just start Henderson though.
16.4 Russell Gage - cause I picked an injured guy as my WR4, suspended guy as my WR5, and a rookie as my WR6. That WR4 being someone he's effectively cuffed to is just a coincidence. I actively avoid cuffing.
17.7 Zamir White - I may hang onto him even if Jacobs is still on the team come week's end, but this pick was made primarily with the 5% (?) chance he's elsewhere.

The day’s of picking a great D and riding them is over. There are so many talented QB’s these days. I like taking good D’s with good matchups early.

This is the way @Mongidig
Yep - I don't even look past week 1 anymore. I've got BAL (AT NYJ) and NO (AT ATL) in my 2 so far and the only others on my auction list are IND (AT HOU), SF (AT CHI), DEN (AT SEA), and CLE (AT CAR). I'm much more comfortable with the first 3 than the last 3 though. I'll worry about week 2 Tuesday evening Sep 13. There's a time and a place to consider juggling 2 defenses, but late summer isn't it.

12 Team PPR 1 QB/2RB/3WR/Flex/K/Def, 7 bench spots, Draft slot 2, snake draft

1.02: CMC - Too much upside to pass up in a PPR. Everyone has risks so I figured I would go for the home run.
2.11: Saquon Barkely - He was my target for this pick from the get go. WR's available that went off soon after were Lamb, K. Allen, Evans. I like Saquon over all of them in this format.
3.02: Javonte Williams - I am not as high on him as most of the fantasy community but he was hard to pass up at this spot. Other possibles that I considered were Zeke, Conner, K. Allen, Higgins, PItts. Lamb was taken right after I took Barkley
4.11: Allen Robinson - He was my target at this spot. I believe he is in line for a huge year. I really didn't consider anybody else but other WR's that went soon after were Waddle (next pick), D. Johnson, M. Brown, Gabe Davis.
5.01: Brandin Cooks - I thought about Gabe Davis and Godwin at this spot. Also thought about Kittle but liked some other TE's later. Went with the safe floor in Cooks.
6.11: Chris Godwin - Happy to see him make it all the way back but disappointed that Gabe Davis didn't. Overall happy with the value here on Godwin
7.02: Adam Thielen: I liked the combo of Thielen and Godwin. I figured if Godwin isn't quite ready for Week 1 then Thielen is a nice WR3 to bridge the gap with some upside. I figure to start 3 WR's as the flex will likely be Williams until Barkley/CMC get injured....hahaha
8.11: AJ Dillon - I just couldn't pass up this value here and really think he will have high end RB2 type season. Another decent hedge against injury to my first two picks with upside.
9.02: Chris Olave - I went upside here as my top 4 WR's seem solid enough that I can take some flyers. Hurts was still on the board after 10 QB's had already been taken. In hindsight I probably should have taken Hurts at this point. I hadn't really realized so many QB's had been taken.
10.11: Kirk Cousins - I was extremely happy with Cousins making it back as he ended up being the 16th (yes 16th) QB off the board in a 12 team 1 QB league. I was the last team to take my first QB. Craziness here as I would have him about QB10.
11.02: Zach Ertz - Finally pulling the trigger on a TE. I liked him the best as a solid floor TE which I wanted as I think the rest of starters to this point can reach for the upside. Was between Ertz, Kmet, Muth, and Knox at that point.
12.11: Skyy Moore - Another full upside pick here. I felt I was solid at RB and starting WR's so wanted another upside reach. I like Moore and he should have some upside. Other thoughts were Nico Collins (but I already had Cooks), Josh Palmer, or Pickens. Was close with Pickens but I like Mahomes better than Trubisky/Pickett.
13.02: Brian Robinson - I was really happy with this value until the dreaded news that hit about 5 minutes after this draft ended.
14.11: Isaiah Pacheco - I was shooting for upside here. If he hits great. If not an easy cut for waiver wire pickups that flash.
15.02: Justin Fields - I generally don't take a 2nd QB in a 1QB league but since most every team has taken two to this point and with position limits I couldn't take another RB or WR I decided to just go with an upside dart throw here to keep him from someone else.

Last two picks were kicker (Bass) and defense (Tennessee - they play NYG week 1).

I am very happy with the RB/WR room and if they play to potential I should be in contention. I don't really see much of a weakness as much as just not having a true WR1. I think my depth there makes up for it there a bit. Rolling out A-Rob, Cooks, Godwin/Thielen should be solid enough to keep me winning most weeks.

ETA: @Hot Sauce Guy will this dog hunt?

Last edited:
I'm in two leagues, one an auction the other redraft.

Comparatively speaking though, I think redraft has gotten boring to the point of if you properly rank your players, you can auto-draft. I think it's because there is just so much information and access to information out there, whether it's intel/tools, you name it that everything pretty much goes according to plan.

To be fair, that's going to make for a more competitive league. At the same time, it almost makes advance study worthless.

Auction on the other hand, especially in SuperFlex has so much strategy and gamesmanship, it's not even funny.

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson
I realize this is a 10-team league, but 4.04 should never have happened. It makes no sense that a guy with an ADP 11 on draftsharks made it to you at 44. That's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Then the Robinson pick saved you from taking Mitchell in the 5th. As a Niner fan, I believe he's the epitome of a dead zone back this year. He could work out, but you got ARob at 64, his ADP is 55. Not as crazy as Adams, but still a great value.

Congrats on winning this league this year. Any idea why Adams fell 33 picks past his ADP? I've never seen him make it out of the 2nd.

Someone on the 1-2 turn went B2B TE with Kelce/Andrews which I thought was overkill, 1st season we upped the scoring for the Tight Ends to add a little more to the draft strategy. I was happy someone tried it, gets boring watching the same teams constructed every year.
I don't see this as a viable strategy, even in TE-P. My 16 team IDP league has must-start 2 + TE-P and I still wouldn't go Kelce/Andrews 1-2.

Maybe he's hoping to deal one, but at that point in the draft that's kind of silly since most of the NFL is right there for the taking.

Weird.

1.02: CMC - Too much upside to pass up in a PPR. Everyone has risks so I figured I would go for the home run.
2.11: Saquon Barkely - He was my target for this pick from the get go. WR's available that went off soon after were Lamb, K. Allen, Evans. I like Saquon over all of them in this format.
3.02: Javonte Williams - I am not as high on him as most of the fantasy community but he was hard to pass up at this spot. Other possibles that I considered were Zeke, Conner, K. Allen, Higgins, PItts. Lamb was taken right after I took Barkley
4.11: Allen Robinson - He was my target at this spot. I believe he is in line for a huge year. I really didn't consider anybody else but other WR's that went soon after were Waddle (next pick), D. Johnson, M. Brown, Gabe Davis.
5.01: Brandin Cooks - I thought about Gabe Davis and Godwin at this spot. Also thought about Kittle but liked some other TE's later. Went with the safe floor in Cooks.
6.11: Chris Godwin - Happy to see him make it all the way back but disappointed that Gabe Davis didn't. Overall happy with the value here on Godwin
7.02: Adam Thielen: I liked the combo of Thielen and Godwin. I figured if Godwin isn't quite ready for Week 1 then Thielen is a nice WR3 to bridge the gap with some upside. I figure to start 3 WR's as the flex will likely be Williams until Barkley/CMC get injured....hahaha
8.11: AJ Dillon - I just couldn't pass up this value here and really think he will have high end RB2 type season. Another decent hedge against injury to my first two picks with upside.
9.02: Chris Olave - I went upside here as my top 4 WR's seem solid enough that I can take some flyers. Hurts was still on the board after 10 QB's had already been taken. In hindsight I probably should have taken Hurts at this point. I hadn't really realized so many QB's had been taken.
10.11: Kirk Cousins - I was extremely happy with Cousins making it back as he ended up being the 16th (yes 16th) QB off the board in a 12 team 1 QB league. I was the last team to take my first QB. Craziness here as I would have him about QB10.
11.02: Zach Ertz - Finally pulling the trigger on a TE. I liked him the best as a solid floor TE which I wanted as I think the rest of starters to this point can reach for the upside. Was between Ertz, Kmet, Muth, and Knox at that point.
12.11: Skyy Moore - Another full upside pick here. I felt I was solid at RB and starting WR's so wanted another upside reach. I like Moore and he should have some upside. Other thoughts were Nico Collins (but I already had Cooks), Josh Palmer, or Pickens. Was close with Pickens but I like Mahomes better than Trubisky/Pickett.
13.02: Brian Robinson - I was really happy with this value until the dreaded news that hit about 5 minutes after this draft ended.
14.11: Isaiah Pacheco - I was shooting for upside here. If he hits great. If not an easy cut for waiver wire pickups that flash.
15.02: Justin Fields - I generally don't take a 2nd QB in a 1QB league but since most every team has taken two to this point and with position limits I couldn't take another RB or WR I decided to just go with an upside dart throw here to keep him from someone else.

Last two picks were kicker (Bass) and defense (Tennessee - they play NYG week 1).

I am very happy with the RB/WR room and if they play to potential I should be in contention. I don't really see much of a weakness as much as just not having a true WR1. I think my depth there makes up for it there a bit. Rolling out A-Rob, Cooks, Godwin/Thielen should be solid enough to keep me winning most weeks.

Hold on.....Lamb lasted to the end of round 2? Wow.

Great draft, Gally! You still got 4 solid WRs and Olave with a ton of upside after going RB-RB-RB. But I have to ask......who was taken in Round 2 that allowed Barkley to slide all the way to pick 23?

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson
I realize this is a 10-team league, but 4.04 should never have happened. It makes no sense that a guy with an ADP 11 on draftsharks made it to you at 44. That's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Then the Robinson pick saved you from taking Mitchell in the 5th. As a Niner fan, I believe he's the epitome of a dead zone back this year. He could work out, but you got ARob at 64, his ADP is 55. Not as crazy as Adams, but still a great value.

Congrats on winning this league this year. Any idea why Adams fell 33 picks past his ADP? I've never seen him make it out of the 2nd.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Heck, even Chubb in the mid-late 3rd seems pretty late too.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Heck, even Chubb in the mid-late 3rd seems pretty late too.
I've seen Chubb slide to the 3rd in 12-team leagues a bunch of times, so in a 10-teamer it's not crazy. Not like Adams in at 4.04. Wow that's a bargain.

Great draft, Gally! You still got 4 solid WRs and Olave with a ton of upside after going RB-RB-RB. But I have to ask......who was taken in Round 2 that allowed Barkley to slide all the way to pick 23?
I'm also dying to see picks 13 through Adams. Please and thank you. :)
You are mixing up drafts. Adams went 2.01 (13th overall) in my draft.
Oh, indeed I am. I meant to type Cooks, my apologies. You still shouldn't have been able to get either of Cooks or Godwin there. I could see Cooks in the 4th, Godwin in the 5th and ARob in the 6th, so yeah - you got hecka lucky, or those around you drafted very strangely.

Last edited:
Hold on.....Lamb lasted to the end of round 2? Wow.
Here are the first two rounds:

Round 1
  1. Taylor
  2. CMC
  3. Ekeler
  4. Cook
  5. Chase
  6. Jefferson
  7. Kupp
  8. Mahomes (i have no idea?)
  9. Mixon
  10. Harris
  11. Henry
  12. Swift
Round 2
  1. Adams
  2. Kamara
  3. Fournette
  4. Chubb
  5. Diggs
  6. Deebo
  7. Andrews
  8. Josh Allen
  9. Aaron Jones
  10. Tyreek
  11. Barkley
  12. Lamb

Aside from the two QB's (and maybe Andrews) it's not totally out of whack as a whole. Some guys could shift up or down a few but in general in the ballpark of most values

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson

2 qb league. 13 were gone when Adams went off the board and 10 at Chubb, so those were more like picks 21 and 17. Still an unexpected value on Adams, but robbery? Nah. That possibility is why I kicked the can on wr as long as I did though. I was prepared to go to round 5 before picking one and Eli is why. I knew I wasn't going to be thrilled with QB and RB options and that's exactly how it played out.

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson

2 qb league. 13 were gone when Adams went off the board and 10 at Chubb, so those were more like picks 21 and 17. Still an unexpected value on Adams, but robbery? Nah. That possibility is why I kicked the can on wr as long as I did though. I was prepared to go to round 5 before picking one and Eli is why. I knew I wasn't going to be thrilled with QB and RB options and that's exactly how it played out.
PPR I still find it shocking. I've seen a bunch of PPR drafts this year & Adams is still a 3rd round pick. Nice catch though and congrats.

Oh, indeed I am. I meant to type Cooks, my apologies. You still shouldn't have been able to get either of Cooks or Godwin there I could see Cooks in the 4th, Godwin in the 5th and ARob in the 6th, so yeah - you got hecka lucky, or those around you drafted very strangely.
I have A-Rob over Brandin Cooks and Godwin (because of his injury) so I don't see that order as being off. I almost took Godwin at 5.02 instead of Cooks but went with the safer pick. I was surprised Godwin made it back. But guys like Gabe Davis did not make it back. So they "reached" for Davis a bit (5.06)

WR's taken between 5.02 (my pick of Cooks) and Godwin getting back to me at 6.11 were:

• D. Johnson (5.03)
  • Marquise Brown (5.04)
  • Gabe Davis (5.06)
  • Jeudy (5.09)
  • ARSB (5.10)
  • Renfrow (5.12)
  • Mooney (6.04)

1. Lamb

Aside from the two QB's (and maybe Andrews) it's not totally out of whack as a whole. Some guys could shift up or down a few but in general in the ballpark of most values
It's not as insane as I expected, but Lamb usually goes near the turn, once Diggs is off the board. 2.12 is crazy. I'm a little surprised you didn't grab him there, but as we now know that worked out ok for you.

I have A-Rob over Brandin Cooks and Godwin (because of his injury) so I don't see that order as being off. I almost took Godwin at 5.02 instead of Cooks but went with the safer pick. I was surprised Godwin made it back. But guys like Gabe Davis did not make it back. So they "reached" for Davis a bit (5.06)
Yes, but I know you're a very ADP-oriented person. As such, I'm a little shocked you didn't take Cooks, knowing ARob would likely make it back. Godwin was a nice bonus as well.

Jokes aside, you crushed that draft. Your WRs look like you started RB-RB. That you were able to do that with 3 straight RBs (boomer style) is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread