What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Walmart sucks (1 Viewer)

Tom Skerritt

Footballguy
I work nights, so on weekends I am up by 3am. Went to Walmart this morning to try and get some Christmas shopping done. Obviously the only place open at 3am is Walmart. And this is great because there is practically nobody there, and I can meander about very easily.

If there is a specific item that one needs, I'm sure this store is as good or better than any other. But in this case when I am looking for general things that I want to give as gifts, I walked around for an hour and couldn't find anything that looked like a good product. They have lots of low quality products, useless crap and junk.

Am I preaching to the choir, or do you guys disagree on this one?

Walmart sucks for many reasons. It has helped to destroy many American businesses, lower wages, and help to destroy traditional holidays. Yep, it sucks.

I disagree. Walmart has done more to put money in the pocket of poor Americans than anything else I can think of. Those low prices mean that poor Americans have more money to spend on other things. Are they a perfect organization? Of course not. Do they sell stuff with the quality of Lexus or Oscar de la Renta? Of course not. But you can walk around Walmart in the comfort of your upper middle class existence and sneer at the stuff that poor people buy. You're welcome to do so.

I disagree. Walmart has done more to put money in the pocket of poor Americans than anything else I can think of. Those low prices mean that poor Americans have more money to spend on other things. Are they a perfect organization? Of course not. Do they sell stuff with the quality of Lexus or Oscar de la Renta? Of course not. But you can walk around Walmart in the comfort of your upper middle class existence and sneer at the stuff that poor people buy. You're welcome to do so.
:lmao:

You could have gone title alone with no explanation and that would have been all that was needed.

Walmart sucks for many reasons. It has helped to destroy many American businesses, lower wages, and help to destroy traditional holidays. Yep, it sucks.
Every new business that is opened, ultimately hurts another business. If you do not like what they pay, and the chance you may need to work on a holiday, then do not apply to work their.

Walmart rocks!!

I drop a good chunk of money there each month. It saves my family money vs my local supermarket bottom line. Their selection is better and I don't have to go hunting for coupons (like I do at my local supermarket) to get deals.

If the complaint is the types of people that shop there, I go early on Sunday mornings to do my major shops and if I need anything during the week, I go before work at 6:30 am. Plus with the advent of shopping on-line and picking up in store, there is no excuse to complain about something not being in stock. And my local Walmart has this option to scan as you go, (I haven't tried it yet because there is no point since I am there early) which enables you to skip the checkout lines altogether.

The OP could have made the same point about not finding a good gift at Target, the mall, or any retail store. Buy gift cards if you are stuck for what to buy.

It depends where you live. In some areas, Walmart moves in, local businesses suffer and people hate them. In other areas, it's just one more option and they're no worse than anywhere else. I lived in a small town that Walmart affected terribly, but I now live in a far larger area where there's been virtually no impact. It just depends.

Walmart rocks!!

I drop a good chunk of money there each month. It saves my family money vs my local supermarket bottom line. Their selection is better and I don't have to go hunting for coupons (like I do at my local supermarket) to get deals.

If the complaint is the types of people that shop there, I go early on Sunday mornings to do my major shops and if I need anything during the week, I go before work at 6:30 am. Plus with the advent of shopping on-line and picking up in store, there is no excuse to complain about something not being in stock. And my local Walmart has this option to scan as you go, (I haven't tried it yet because there is no point since I am there early) which enables you to skip the checkout lines altogether.

The OP could have made the same point about not finding a good gift at Target, the mall, or any retail store. Buy gift cards if you are stuck for what to buy.
You sound like my dad.

Tom Skerritt said:
I work nights, so on weekends I am up by 3am. Went to Walmart this morning to try and get some Christmas shopping done. Obviously the only place open at 3am is Walmart. And this is great because there is practically nobody there, and I can meander about very easily.

If there is a specific item that one needs, I'm sure this store is as good or better than any other. But in this case when I am looking for general things that I want to give as gifts, I walked around for an hour and couldn't find anything that looked like a good product. They have lots of low quality products, useless crap and junk.

Am I preaching to the choir, or do you guys disagree on this one?
You obviously missed the As Seen on TV aisle.

sports_fan said:
You must have been drunk as #### to think that gift shopping at Walmart would be a good idea
Depends on how much you like the person you're buying for.

Yeah, that place is nasty, but they do have some good values. You have to know what you want and get in and get out. Don't expect to get any assistance. They pay their employees crap and it shows. I got my kids trampoline from there and the above ground pool. Definitely my go to for household items. I've gotten a lot of clothing for my young kids that I know I'd only need for a few months before they grew out of it. Recently got a lawn tractor battery at a great price. Will probably only last a few seasons but who cares.

currently wearing a 15 dollar pair of starter brand sneakers from Walmart very lightweight and comfy

Yeah, that place is nasty, but they do have some good values. You have to know what you want and get in and get out. Don't expect to get any assistance. They pay their employees crap and it shows. I got my kids trampoline from there and the above ground pool. Definitely my go to for household items. I've gotten a lot of clothing for my young kids that I know I'd only need for a few months before they grew out of it. Recently got a lawn tractor battery at a great price. Will probably only last a few seasons but who cares.
Never ceasing effort to improve property values.

I've got my eye on the shiny mirror ball and pedestal - just waiting for the Spring sale.

Binky The Doormat said:
Never ceasing effort to improve property values.

I've got my eye on the shiny mirror ball and pedestal - just waiting for the Spring sale.
:hifive:

I hooked up with a lady I met in the garden section at a Walmart. She was asking me where to plant certain annuals and I offered to come by and help her design her landscape. She stared into my eyes and said that would be so great. I followed her home and drilled the crap out of her for like 3 hours. She was a little on the chunky side but in all the right places, and knew how to position herself to best show off her assets. Walmart isn't so bad.

I hooked up with a lady I met in the garden section at a Walmart. She was asking me where to plant certain annuals and I offered to come by and help her design her landscape. She stared into my eyes and said that would be so great. I followed her home and drilled the crap out of her for like 3 hours. She was a little on the chunky side but in all the right places, and knew how to position herself to best show off her assets. Walmart isn't so bad.
An error occurredYou have reached your quota of positive votes for the day
I'm too lazy to keep count but the amount of these seems just right.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, the IDEA of Walmart is almost exclusively why I think the wage scale is so off balance now. Fiorina talks about it some, but by essentially taking out all of the competition, you have taken out thousands of CEOs and other high level jobs from other smaller companies. As government gets bigger, so do companies. Creates a pyramid level of income instead of a flatter, more balanced scale.

what were you wearing?

Gottatellya not a big fan myself.

I like to shop local, I'm not sure why I need to go to WM.

And I say ol' sport, the riffraff is quite odiferous...

This should be a commercial.

I've got to admit that I do the Walmart.  :ph34r:

I do respect the idea of supporting my locally owned businesses, and do so where and when I can. But honestly, I operate on a tight budget, and just can't pass on some of the deals available there.

I've yet to hook up there, but now that I see the potential, hell...cologne time for the big WM!  :yes:

I've been seeing TV ads for free 2 day shipping. Now you can be a Wal-Mart shopper without ever going to a Wal-Mart.

Users who are viewing this thread