What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

'misc said:
Hi Jeff,Should I do any change? Recently just dropped Hartley and got Carpenter. Can I also ask you who I should start for week 1? 12 team, standard scoring, non-pprQB Eli Manning WR Mike Williams (TB) WR Brandon Lloyd RB Michael Turner RB Maurice Jones-Drew TE Marcedes Lewis W/R Daniel Thomas K Dan Carpenter D NYG BN Mike ThomasBN Brandon JacobsBN Sam BradfordBN Hines WardBN Jared CookBN Greg Little
You have a good team and I agree with the starters. I might consider dropping Ward for a RB with upside since you can start 3 RBs.

'oscarz said:
Hi JeffStandard PPR league which RB would you start in week #1?1. Ingram (NO)@ Green Bayor2. McGahee (Den)vs OaklandThanks in advance
This is a tougher one than it looks. I like Ingram more but LOVE him in future weeks when the assumption is that the Saints will score tons of touchdowns. Willis will get most of his fantasy points on short TDs and the Raider defense could give him one. I would still go with Ingram, but not a gimme with Denver playing Oakland.

You have a good team and I agree with the starters. I might consider dropping Ward for a RB with upside since you can start 3 RBs.
Thanks Jeff. I'm going to pick up Hardesty as an insurance to Hillis. And I just found out that Brandon Jacobs and A. Bradshaw are sharing carries. Do you recommend starting Jacobs instead of D. Thomas? Appreciate the advice

I give:

Dallas Clark

Lee Evans

2012 2nd rd rookie (late most likely)

I receive:

Witten

2012 3rd rd rookie (mid to late)

16 team PPR DYNASTY league (1.5 PPR for TE)

I'm leaning towards yes

Thanks Jeff. I'm going to pick up Hardesty as an insurance to Hillis. And I just found out that Brandon Jacobs and A. Bradshaw are sharing carries. Do you recommend starting Jacobs instead of D. Thomas? Appreciate the advice
Jacobs vs Thomas will be a difficult call week to week. Harrison, Hunter, Ward/Tate, etc

HEY JEFF!

Can't believe my LSU TIGERS grabbed that victory last night! GEAUX DEFENSE!

PPR LEAGUE

QB Heavy PTS

What do you think is the best format?

RB-QB-WR-WR-RB

QB-WR-RB-RB-WR

Looking for you thoughts on top 5 scenario Jeff!!!! Glad we are all back for some football!!!!!!!

natalie

Hey Jeff,

How does this team look and what do I need to do for improvements? This is a 1 player keeper league with standard scoring (QB gets 6 pts per TD), and we start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/TE/K/DST. I kept Vick and drafted 3rd.

Vick

Flacco

Stafford

Mendenhall

F.Jones

B.Jacobs

Sproles

Bernard Scott

Bryant

Harvin

Manningham

James Jones

Graham

Kendricks

Folk

Lions DST

I thought about trying to send a QB (not Vick) to the Manning owner. Alex Smith is his other QB and he has players like R.Rice, McFadden, Benson, and Britt.

trade help

10 team league, .5 ppr

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Mark Ingram, Brandon Jacobs, Joseph Addai

WR: Calvin J., Santonio Holmes, Brandon lloyd, Austin Collie, Greg little, Arrelius Benn

TE: Jimmy Graham

K Mason Crosby

D Giants

trade is

Arian foster and austin collie

for

miles austin and rashard mendenhall

HEY JEFF!

Can't believe my LSU TIGERS grabbed that victory last night! GEAUX DEFENSE!

PPR LEAGUE

QB Heavy PTS

What do you think is the best format?

RB-QB-WR-WR-RB

QB-WR-RB-RB-WR

Looking for you thoughts on top 5 scenario Jeff!!!! Glad we are all back for some football!!!!!!!

natalie
welcome back. I would say to take 1 QB and 2 RBs through the first three rounds, with best player available at RB/WR for the next 3-4 rounds before addressing TE. I would only target Brees, Brady, Rodgers, or Rivers at QB, with Romo as an emergency play. In your league, QBs make a difference.

Hey Jeff,How does this team look and what do I need to do for improvements? This is a 1 player keeper league with standard scoring (QB gets 6 pts per TD), and we start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/TE/K/DST. I kept Vick and drafted 3rd.VickFlaccoStaffordMendenhallF.JonesB.JacobsSprolesBernard ScottBryantHarvinManninghamJames JonesGrahamKendricksFolkLions DST I thought about trying to send a QB (not Vick) to the Manning owner. Alex Smith is his other QB and he has players like R.Rice, McFadden, Benson, and Britt.
Since you could use WR more than RB, imo, I would look to move Flacco for Britt even if you have to throw in James Jones. I would ask a lot more for Stafford than Flacco.

trade help 10 team league, .5 ppr QB: Matt RyanRB: Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Mark Ingram, Brandon Jacobs, Joseph AddaiWR: Calvin J., Santonio Holmes, Brandon lloyd, Austin Collie, Greg little, Arrelius BennTE: Jimmy GrahamK Mason CrosbyD Giantstrade isArian foster and austin collieformiles austin and rashard mendenhall
If redraft, I would do it in a heartbeat with Collie hurt and Foster ?able.If Keeper/dynasty, I would ask for more since your are stacked at WR and are taking the downgrade at RB

How are you Jeff,...

Ok here's the first installment for who to start in this ppr league 1qb,2rb,3wr's,1te/rb/wr,1te,1def,1k

Romo is a given

Campbell

Foster,Jackson,Ingram,F. Jackson,Scott, Ward, Washington ///// need two or three if putting one in flex.(kind of worried on foster)

Need Three: Wallace,Thomas,L. Moore,Ford,Little, Roberts,Moore

Gronk and Cook......need one.....leaning Gronk

Thanks,

VERY MUCH

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff

This is a Non-ppr league, with standard scoring.

I'm having a hard time deciding which 3 WR's to start between these 4:

1. Andre Johnson WR HOU

2. Mike Wallace WR PIT

3. Steve Johnson WR BUF

4. Kenny Britt WR TEN

At first I was leaning towards A. Johnson, S. Johnson, & Wallace. However, I noticed that Wallace is going against BAL and Britt agains Jacksonville. So now I'm thinking about going with A. Johnson, S. Johnson, & Britt.

Who do you think are the 3 I should roll with this week?

Thank you for taking the time to help with tuff lineup decisions like this throughout the season.

How are you Jeff,...Ok here's the first installment for who to start in this ppr league 1qb,2rb,3wr's,1te/rb/wr,1te,1def,1kRomo is a givenCampbellFoster,Jackson,Ingram,F. Jackson,Scott, Ward, Washington ///// need two or three if putting one in flex.(kind of worried on foster)Need Three: Wallace,Thomas,L. Moore,Ford,Little, Roberts,Moore Gronk and Cook......need one.....leaning GronkThanks,VERY MUCH
I think you start Romo, Gronk, two WRs (Wallace and Thomas, with Moore ailing) and three RBs (Jackson, Ingram, and either Foster or Ward depending on if Foster plays. If he does play, he is a better move than the WRs you have avail. Good luck

Hi JeffThis is a Non-ppr league, with standard scoring.I'm having a hard time deciding which 3 WR's to start between these 4:1. Andre Johnson WR HOU2. Mike Wallace WR PIT3. Steve Johnson WR BUF4. Kenny Britt WR TENAt first I was leaning towards A. Johnson, S. Johnson, & Wallace. However, I noticed that Wallace is going against BAL and Britt agains Jacksonville. So now I'm thinking about going with A. Johnson, S. Johnson, & Britt. Who do you think are the 3 I should roll with this week?Thank you for taking the time to help with tuff lineup decisions like this throughout the season.
I would roll with the better players in better offenses with better QBs, and that means sit Britt. I just do not have a strong feel for Hasselbeck and the Titans which the other three were elite last year. Also, Britt has been dealing with the hammy issue.

How are you Jeff,...Ok here's the first installment for who to start in this ppr league 1qb,2rb,3wr's,1te/rb/wr,1te,1def,1kRomo is a givenCampbellFoster,Jackson,Ingram,F. Jackson,Scott, Ward, Washington ///// need two or three if putting one in flex.(kind of worried on foster)Need Three: Wallace,Thomas,L. Moore,Ford,Little, Roberts,Moore Gronk and Cook......need one.....leaning GronkThanks,VERY MUCH
I think you start Romo, Gronk, two WRs (Wallace and Thomas, with Moore ailing) and three RBs (Jackson, Ingram, and either Foster or Ward depending on if Foster plays. If he does play, he is a better move than the WRs you have avail. Good luck
Ford for moore......need one more wr......start 3

Ford vs Roberts is a tough one for me since I think both could be decent. Moore having a short week makes me uneasy.

Ford vs Roberts is a tough one for me since I think both could be decent. Moore having a short week makes me uneasy.
And to be clear ...i have both jacksons......but Ingram over F. Jackson...?

One more Jeff,

Holmes,Britt or Harvin to start along side AJ.\\

Felix or Hightower......or one of the above in flex position

Graham or Gronk.

Also.....what about Starks this week as i have him o my bench.

Thanks.

Ok Jeff......Big Money Draft is over.......now I need to hear your truth!

PPR LEAGUE

1 QB - 2 RB - 3 WR - 1 TE - 1 FLEX WR/TE - 1 K - 1 DEF

QBs

Tony Romo

Sam Bradford

RBs

C Johnson

L Blount

DeAngelo Williams

Jerome Harrrison

WRs

Calvin Johnson

Santonio Holmes

Mike Sims-Walker

Robert Meachem

Antonio Brown

TEs

A Hernandez

B Celek

K

N Folk

D Buehler

DEF

Saints

Cowboys

===================================================

I can DROP 1 Kicker and 1 DEF

ON the Waiver Wire NOW.....

WRs

Greg Little - Bernard Berrian - Harry Douglas - P Crayton

RBs

CJ Spiller - LT - James Starks - Deji Karim - Stevan Ridley - Delone Carter - Joique Bell -------(many of these are future options----obviously!)

TEs

Lance Kendricks - Evan Moore

==========================================

So......my options are

CHOOSE

2 RBs

2 WRs

1 RB & 1 WR

! WR & 1 TE

! RB & ! TE

All I know is I need to say bye bye to a kicker and a Defense......

Which ones would you drop and for who?

SORRY for the incredible long question!

Hey Jeff:I'm in a 1 player keeper that starts QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, DST. Standard scoring, but QBs get 6 per TD and -1 per intro, and the roster is only 13 players. This year there is no position limit, so I drafted a bunch of RBs and WRs. I'll have to let at least 2 go before week 1 to get a K and DST. Who should get chopped, or should I be trying to use depth to trade for better starters? And how does the team look overall? QB:Rivers RB:Gore, Forte, Grant, F.Jackson, Tolbert, B.JacobsWR: M.Williams (Bucs), Manningham, M.Thomas, L.Moore, A.J.GreenTE:GrahamTIA
dump Green with the way Cincy is playing. I would then try to move either Thomas &/or Moore for another piece or combine for a WR upgrade, freeing up a roster spot. I like your RBs and would keep intact if possible
Thanks for the feedback. Since I had to pick up a K and DEF, I dropped Moore and M.Thomas and picked up Lions DST and Tate. I then traded Grant and M.Williams for V.Jackson. So now it's:RiversGoreForteF.JacksonTolbert JacobsTateV.JacksonManninghamGreenGrahamLions DSTIs that better? I'm also thinking of trading Tate to the Foster owner for Spiller.

And to be clear ...i have both jacksons......but Ingram over F. Jackson...?
I think so

One more Jeff,Holmes,Britt or Harvin to start along side AJ.\\Felix or Hightower......or one of the above in flex positionGraham or Gronk.Also.....what about Starks this week as i have him o my bench.Thanks.
I like Holmes a lot this week. Felix is a strong play even vs NYJ. I want to see Hightower do it in reg season. At TE, go with Gronk.

PPR LEAGUE

QBs

Tony Romo

Sam Bradford

RBs

C Johnson

L Blount

DeAngelo Williams

Jerome Harrrison

WRs

Calvin Johnson

Santonio Holmes

Mike Sims-Walker

Robert Meachem

Antonio Brown

TEs

A Hernandez

B Celek

K

N Folk

D Buehler

DEF

Saints

Cowboys

WRs

Greg Little - Bernard Berrian - Harry Douglas - P Crayton

RBs

CJ Spiller - LT - James Starks - Deji Karim - Stevan Ridley - Delone Carter - Joique Bell -------(many of these are future options----obviously!)

TEs

So......my options are

CHOOSE

2 RBs

2 WRs

1 RB & 1 WR

! WR & 1 TE

! RB & ! TE

All I know is I need to say bye bye to a kicker and a Defense......

SORRY for the incredible long question!
You did well. You will fight the WR3 and TE spots all season. I would dump Celek, k and def for Evan Moore and start him this week if Watson is out, and two RBs of the following: Spiller, Starks, or Carter. I would lean Starks and Carter for now. What other WRs are available? Jacoby Ford, Denarius Moore, Emmanuel Sanders, Davone Bess, Amendola, etc. But, definitely pick up Starks and Moore.

Hey Jeff:I'm in a 1 player keeper that starts QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, DST. Standard scoring, but QBs get 6 per TD and -1 per intro, and the roster is only 13 players. This year there is no position limit, so I drafted a bunch of RBs and WRs. I'll have to let at least 2 go before week 1 to get a K and DST. Who should get chopped, or should I be trying to use depth to trade for better starters? And how does the team look overall? QB:Rivers RB:Gore, Forte, Grant, F.Jackson, Tolbert, B.JacobsWR: M.Williams (Bucs), Manningham, M.Thomas, L.Moore, A.J.GreenTE:GrahamTIA
dump Green with the way Cincy is playing. I would then try to move either Thomas &/or Moore for another piece or combine for a WR upgrade, freeing up a roster spot. I like your RBs and would keep intact if possible
Thanks for the feedback. Since I had to pick up a K and DEF, I dropped Moore and M.Thomas and picked up Lions DST and Tate. I then traded Grant and M.Williams for V.Jackson. So now it's:RiversGoreForteF.JacksonTolbert JacobsTateV.JacksonManninghamGreenGrahamLions DSTIs that better? I'm also thinking of trading Tate to the Foster owner for Spiller.
That is a strong lineup. I would look at adding a WR if Spiller is not available.

PPR LEAGUE

QBs

Tony Romo

Sam Bradford

RBs

C Johnson

L Blount

DeAngelo Williams

Jerome Harrrison

WRs

Calvin Johnson

Santonio Holmes

Mike Sims-Walker

Robert Meachem

Antonio Brown

TEs

A Hernandez

B Celek

K

N Folk

D Buehler

DEF

Saints

Cowboys

WRs

Greg Little - Bernard Berrian - Harry Douglas

RBs

TEs

So......my options are

CHOOSE

2 RBs

2 WRs

1 RB & 1 WR

! WR & 1 TE

! RB & ! TE

All I know is I need to say bye bye to a Kicker, replacing 1 TE and a Defense......

SORRY for the incredible long question! I really need your attention my friend!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST HERE IS YOUR UPDATE ON GUYS YOU ASKED ABOUT

You did well. You will fight the WR3 and TE spots all season. I would dump Celek, k and def for Evan Moore and start him this week if Watson is out, and two RBs of the following: Spiller(GONE), Starks, or Carter. I would lean Starks and Carter for now. What other WRs are available? Jacoby Ford (GONE), Denarius Moore (GONE), Emmanuel Sanders, Davone Bess(GONE), Amendola (GONE), etc. But, definitely pick up Starks and Moore.

So, listed above are all the updates on the guys you asked about!

======================================================================================================================================

Jeff, I know its a lot to read but as all FF questions go this seems so important...please if you can take your time and help your New Orleans buddy out!

======================================================================================================================================

WRS

I already have the Steelers Antonio Brown do I drop him for Emmanuel Sanders?

Greg Little--Bernard Berrian--and Mohamed Massaquoi are available.......

WHO DO YOU LIKE BEST?

Davone Bess and his QB situation make me nervous.

PLEASE LIST MY WR OPTIONS IN ORDER PLEASE! Dropping Nick Folk or David Buehler for this WR pick?

==================================================================================================================

RBs-----SO,SO MANY OPTIONS AT WR.....HELP ME BROTHER!

Do I really want to get involved in the Packers RB mess? Starks is available but so are:

Delane Carter(Addai is fragile)--Kendall Hunter (another solid handcuff for GORE)--Deji Karim (Handcuff for MJD)

Do you think Delone Carter has long term upside with the Colts and Addais constant health issues?

What about CJ Spiller?

==================================================================================================================

LIST MY RB OPTIONS IN ORDER PLEASE! Dropping the Saints or the Cowboys for this RB pick?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to drop Brent Celek for KENDRICKS!

Should I stay with Hernandez? Is he the right TE option for the PATS? I think so, but do you think I should drop him and take a chance on EVAN MOORE ans a new Browns QB?

I think dropping CELEK for KENDRICKS is the smarter move for now!

I am just leaning towards dropping Celek for KENDRICKS as the smarter move for now!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE!!!!!!!

Please help on starting roster at TE and Flex

12 team league, non PPR normal scoring w/ 3pt 100yd game bonuses

Roster is

QB: Big Ben, Sanchez

RB: J. Charles, Bradshaw, Bush, Addai

WR: V. Jackson, Manningham, Andre Roberts, Antonio Brown

TE: Hernandez, O. Daniels, J. Graham

D/ST: NE

K: Bironis

format is 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, Defense, K

am starting Charles, Bradshaw, VJax, and Manningham, but who do I start at TE and my Flex?

thanks,

Chad

Struggling a bit with my TE start for week 1 (and it will likely be the same every week!)

Scoring is:

0.1 points for every 1 ReYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ ReYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 3+ Recpt

Plus 5 points for a ReTD of 40+ Yds

I have Gronk & Olsen and Cook / Moore are on the wire. (10 teams / 19 man roster - I drafted Cook in the 19th round and dropped him as it's a keeper league.)

Potential drops: Taylor Price (homer!)

Just given a espn team that is seriously one of the worst I've seen. Here it goes:

QB (1): Flacco, Campbell

RB (2/3): Benson, Starks, Fred Jackson, Thomas Jones, Ben Tate*, Deji Karim*

WR (2/3): Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Dez Bryant, Jacoby Ford*

TE (1): Gates

K (1): Cundiff

D (1): Browns* and Texans*

I dropped thus far Roy Williams, Raiders D, Mike Goodson, Jordy Nelson, and Bernard Berrian for those marked in *.

QBs get 6 pts a TD, so having Flacco and Campbell really hurts. But I think I need to focus on RB. Benson/Jackson/Starks should form a #2, but I need a better top RB. I normally don't advocate 2 D/ST, but in this case I think I need it.

Any ideas on how to address the RB situation or should I wait and see what happens in the season and jump on waiver wires.

I want to add Cam Newton, but I don't think I should carry 3 QBs with my need at RB so desperate.

PPR LEAGUE

QBs

Tony Romo

Sam Bradford

RBs

C Johnson

L Blount

DeAngelo Williams

Jerome Harrrison

WRs

Calvin Johnson

Santonio Holmes

Mike Sims-Walker

Robert Meachem

Antonio Brown

TEs

A Hernandez

B Celek

K

N Folk

D Buehler

DEF

Saints

Cowboys

WRs

Greg Little - Bernard Berrian - Harry Douglas

RBs

TEs

So......my options are

CHOOSE

2 RBs

2 WRs

1 RB & 1 WR

! WR & 1 TE

! RB & ! TE

All I know is I need to say bye bye to a Kicker, replacing 1 TE and a Defense......

SORRY for the incredible long question! I really need your attention my friend!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST HERE IS YOUR UPDATE ON GUYS YOU ASKED ABOUT

You did well. You will fight the WR3 and TE spots all season. I would dump Celek, k and def for Evan Moore and start him this week if Watson is out, and two RBs of the following: Spiller(GONE), Starks, or Carter. I would lean Starks and Carter for now. What other WRs are available? Jacoby Ford (GONE), Denarius Moore (GONE), Emmanuel Sanders, Davone Bess(GONE), Amendola (GONE), etc. But, definitely pick up Starks and Moore.

So, listed above are all the updates on the guys you asked about!

Jeff, I know its a lot to read but as all FF questions go this seems so important...please if you can take your time and help your New Orleans buddy out!

WRS

I already have the Steelers Antonio Brown do I drop him for Emmanuel Sanders?

Greg Little--Bernard Berrian--and Mohamed Massaquoi are available.......

WHO DO YOU LIKE BEST?

Davone Bess and his QB situation make me nervous.

PLEASE LIST MY WR OPTIONS IN ORDER PLEASE! Dropping Nick Folk or David Buehler for this WR pick? drop a kicker (Buehler) for sanders

RBs-----SO,SO MANY OPTIONS AT WR.....HELP ME BROTHER!

Do I really want to get involved in the Packers RB mess? Starks is available but so are:

Delane Carter(Addai is fragile)--Kendall Hunter (another solid handcuff for GORE)--Deji Karim (Handcuff for MJD)

Do you think Delone Carter has long term upside with the Colts and Addais constant health issues?

What about CJ Spiller?

Like Starks and Carter, the other two are fine, too, but thinking upside

LIST MY RB OPTIONS IN ORDER PLEASE! Dropping the Saints or the Cowboys for this RB pick?

I would drop the Saints def considering the matchups.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to drop Brent Celek for KENDRICKS!

Should I stay with Hernandez? Is he the right TE option for the PATS? I think so, but do you think I should drop him and take a chance on EVAN MOORE ans a new Browns QB?

I think dropping CELEK for KENDRICKS is the smarter move for now!

I am just leaning towards dropping Celek for KENDRICKS as the smarter move for now! I love getting Evan Moore as long as Watson is out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE!!!!!!!

Please help on starting roster at TE and Flex12 team league, non PPR normal scoring w/ 3pt 100yd game bonusesRoster isQB: Big Ben, SanchezRB: J. Charles, Bradshaw, Bush, AddaiWR: V. Jackson, Manningham, Andre Roberts, Antonio BrownTE: Hernandez, O. Daniels, J. GrahamD/ST: NEK: Bironisformat is 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, Defense, Kam starting Charles, Bradshaw, VJax, and Manningham, but who do I start at TE and my Flex?thanks,Chad
Hey Chad, I like Addai with Peyton out. I liek Addai more at home but the colts will need to run the ball. At TE, I like Graham, and he has more upside, but Daniels is safer and has been awesome in preseason. It is very close between the two.

Struggling a bit with my TE start for week 1 (and it will likely be the same every week!)Scoring is:0.1 points for every 1 ReYdPlus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ ReYdPlus a 5 point bonus @ 3+ Recpt Plus 5 points for a ReTD of 40+ YdsI have Gronk & Olsen and Cook / Moore are on the wire. (10 teams / 19 man roster - I drafted Cook in the 19th round and dropped him as it's a keeper league.)Potential drops: Taylor Price (homer!)
I like Olsen for the week. He and Gronk are both decent starts. I think the NE/MIA game will be lower scoring than most think. I would only roster two TEs in that league ... but I do not think Price is worth a roster space in a league that only rosters 190. Who else is available?

Just given a espn team that is seriously one of the worst I've seen. Here it goes:QB (1): Flacco, CampbellRB (2/3): Benson, Starks, Fred Jackson, Thomas Jones, Ben Tate*, Deji Karim*WR (2/3): Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Dez Bryant, Jacoby Ford*TE (1): GatesK (1): CundiffD (1): Browns* and Texans*I dropped thus far Roy Williams, Raiders D, Mike Goodson, Jordy Nelson, and Bernard Berrian for those marked in *.QBs get 6 pts a TD, so having Flacco and Campbell really hurts. But I think I need to focus on RB. Benson/Jackson/Starks should form a #2, but I need a better top RB. I normally don't advocate 2 D/ST, but in this case I think I need it.Any ideas on how to address the RB situation or should I wait and see what happens in the season and jump on waiver wires.I want to add Cam Newton, but I don't think I should carry 3 QBs with my need at RB so desperate.
If a dynasty league, I would dump Campbell and a defense just to free up spots for upside RBs. You could always pick up a backup when needed. For a RB, I might pick up D Ward (to pair with Tate for upside in HOU), Mike Bush, etc. The team has enough strengths that you can turn it around fairly quickly, but I would streamline as much as possible just to take some chances.

So keep Sanders and Antonio Brown?

Denarius Moore just became avaialable and I think Mike Wallace may be as well......thoughts????????

If I can should I grab Starks first then Delone Carter if I can grab both Jeff?

So keep Sanders and Antonio Brown?

Denarius Moore just became avaialable and I think Mike Wallace may be as well......thoughts????????

If I can should I grab Starks first then Delone Carter if I can grab both Jeff?
Mike Wallace>>>>> all the othersSanders>Moore>Brown

Starks definitely over Carter.

Just given a espn team that is seriously one of the worst I've seen. Here it goes:QB (1): Flacco, CampbellRB (2/3): Benson, Starks, Fred Jackson, Thomas Jones, Ben Tate*, Deji Karim*WR (2/3): Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Dez Bryant, Jacoby Ford*TE (1): GatesK (1): CundiffD (1): Browns* and Texans*I dropped thus far Roy Williams, Raiders D, Mike Goodson, Jordy Nelson, and Bernard Berrian for those marked in *.QBs get 6 pts a TD, so having Flacco and Campbell really hurts. But I think I need to focus on RB. Benson/Jackson/Starks should form a #2, but I need a better top RB. I normally don't advocate 2 D/ST, but in this case I think I need it.Any ideas on how to address the RB situation or should I wait and see what happens in the season and jump on waiver wires.I want to add Cam Newton, but I don't think I should carry 3 QBs with my need at RB so desperate.
If a dynasty league, I would dump Campbell and a defense just to free up spots for upside RBs. You could always pick up a backup when needed. For a RB, I might pick up D Ward (to pair with Tate for upside in HOU), Mike Bush, etc. The team has enough strengths that you can turn it around fairly quickly, but I would streamline as much as possible just to take some chances.
I wish it was a dynasty, but its a redraft.

Struggling a bit with my TE start for week 1 (and it will likely be the same every week!)Scoring is:0.1 points for every 1 ReYdPlus a 5 point bonus @ 50+ ReYdPlus a 5 point bonus @ 3+ Recpt Plus 5 points for a ReTD of 40+ YdsI have Gronk & Olsen and Cook / Moore are on the wire. (10 teams / 19 man roster - I drafted Cook in the 19th round and dropped him as it's a keeper league.)Potential drops: Taylor Price (homer!)
I like Olsen for the week. He and Gronk are both decent starts. I think the NE/MIA game will be lower scoring than most think. I would only roster two TEs in that league ... but I do not think Price is worth a roster space in a league that only rosters 190. Who else is available?
Thanks. The wire is suprisingly thin. It's backups, handcuffs and the dregs.QB - Orton / Campbell / Dalton / Henne / HassRB - Sproles / Karim / Hardesty / Scott / CarterWR - Gibson / Benn / Bennett / Moore / Berrian / RobertsOf the bunch I like Berrian / Roberts / Gibson best. There are also +5 bonuses for WR @ 6 catches and 100 yards. I think I'm best served adding Hardesty, though, as I have Hillis. It's just that I have a raging homer for Price and think he'll surprise this year. Ocho & Branch really aren't doing much for me and I think we'll see more of Price than anyone suspects.

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for doing this another season. Couldn't wait to get your advice again!

12 team PPR, Need at least 4 RB and 4 WR, last spot an be either.

QB - Vick, Flacco

RB - ADP, Foster, Gore, DThomas

WR - VJax, MWallace, Nelson, Breaston, TO

TE - Daniels, Graham

DEF - NO, Houston

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 DEF

With the news that Foster may or may not play, right now my flex options would be Thomas, Nelson, Breaston and perhaps Graham/Daniels. Not too much on the FA wire. Looking to maybe make a move for this weekend, and keeping the rest of the season in mind as well. Figure Breaston and TO can easily get dropped. Free moves this week so trying to take advantage of it (FABB).

With the following available, would you pick up any (if so, for who?) and would you start them this week over what I have? Drop Breaston and/or TO? OR am I okay to be patient. Thanks!

RBs avail: Ward, Redman, KWilliams, Torain/Helu, Caddy, Scott, Hardesty, Choice/Murray, Karim, Carter, Thomas Jones, Barber, Ringer, Stephens-Howling/Taylor

WRs avail: Meachem, Ward, Driver(have Nelson), Roberts, Burleson, A Brown (have Wallace), RWilliams

Sorry for the info overload. Thanks again!

Oh well, I couldn't get Mike Wallace.

Out of what was available I took a chance on Bernard Berrian....who knows?

I did grab your boy Starks and I hope that works bc Delone Carter got the scoop.

I also dropped Celek for your TE wonder boy Lance Kendricks (Love em')

-------------------------------------------------------------

So her is my team as is currently stands...........PPR LEAGUE

1QB

Romo @ NYJ

Bradford v PHI

2RB

CJohnson @ JAX

LBlount v DET

DWilliams @ ARI

JHarrison @ TB

James Starks v NEW ORLEANS

3WR

Megatron @ TB

SHolmes v DAL

MSims-Walker v PHI

Antonio Brown @ BAL

BBerrian @ SD

Robert Meachem @ GREEN BAY

1 TE

AHernandez @ MIA

LKendricks @ PHI

1 FLEX WR or TE

K

NFolk v DAL

DEF

ARI v CAR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**My questions for tonight are do I start ROBERT MEACHEM (Leaning towards YEP!)

***James Starks is more of a risk to me, I guess I want to see

how the Packers plan on using him, plus I think I have a lot of other options at RB to consider this weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MY DECISION TONITE?

WHO WOULD YOU START JEFF, THANKS!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a good amount of guys on the wire, I don't want to just jump I want to see what people can do.

Is there any one in particular I should keep a look out for this weekend?

Hey Jeff,

Hightower vs. Wells this year in redraft. Who do you like better? I have hightower, but the wells owner doesn't like wells.

Should I just let it play out a few weeks? or make an offer....

Thanks,..

Hey Jeff,

12 team H2H redraft league

Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 def, 1 k

6 pts all TD's

1 pt/10 yards receiving

1 pt/15 yards rushing

I had the number 11 pick. I really wish I went with a WR3 with my fourth pick as there was still plenty of RB's on the board.

QB- Big Ben, Cutler

RB- Mendenhall, Ingram, Deangelo Williams, Beanie Wells

WR- Calvin Williams, Mike Williams(TB), Steve Smith(CAr), Pierre Garcon, Jacoby Ford, Andre Roberts

TE- Greg Olsen

DEF- Atlanta

K- Baltimore Kicker

Again, my only regret was taking Ingram in the 4th when I could have taken Manningham as my WR3. What do you think of my team? I was going to go Calvin, Roddy with my first two picks but Mendenhall somehow fell to me. Since Ingram and Mendenhall have the same bye weeks I am glad I have two capable backups for that week

Oh well, I couldn't get Mike Wallace.

Out of what was available I took a chance on Bernard Berrian....who knows?

I did grab your boy Starks and I hope that works bc Delone Carter got the scoop.

I also dropped Celek for your TE wonder boy Lance Kendricks (Love em')

-------------------------------------------------------------

1QB

Romo @ NYJ

Bradford v PHI

2RB

CJohnson @ JAX

LBlount v DET

DWilliams @ ARI

JHarrison @ TB

James Starks v NEW ORLEANS

3WR

Megatron @ TB

SHolmes v DAL

MSims-Walker v PHI

Antonio Brown @ BAL

BBerrian @ SD

Robert Meachem @ GREEN BAY

1 TE

AHernandez @ MIA

LKendricks @ PHI

1 FLEX WR or TE

K

NFolk v DAL

DEF

ARI v CAR

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**My questions for tonight are do I start ROBERT MEACHEM (Leaning towards YEP!)

***James Starks is more of a risk to me, I guess I want to see

how the Packers plan on using him, plus I think I have a lot of other options at RB to consider this weekend.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MY DECISION TONITE?

WHO WOULD YOU START JEFF, THANKS!!!!

There are a good amount of guys on the wire, I don't want to just jump I want to see what people can do.

Is there any one in particular I should keep a look out for this weekend?
I would sit both guys tonight. For this week, check out the HOU RBs, the Pitt WRs, and SEA RBs

Hey Jeff,Hightower vs. Wells this year in redraft. Who do you like better? I have hightower, but the wells owner doesn't like wells.Should I just let it play out a few weeks? or make an offer....Thanks,..
I really do not like either, but Wells is the better play just since you never know with Shanny. Also, Wells is primed for a great week one while Hightower plays NYG

Hey Jeff,12 team H2H redraft leagueStart 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 def, 1 k6 pts all TD's1 pt/10 yards receiving1 pt/15 yards rushingI had the number 11 pick. I really wish I went with a WR3 with my fourth pick as there was still plenty of RB's on the board.QB- Big Ben, CutlerRB- Mendenhall, Ingram, Deangelo Williams, Beanie WellsWR- Calvin Williams, Mike Williams(TB), Steve Smith(CAr), Pierre Garcon, Jacoby Ford, Andre RobertsTE- Greg OlsenDEF- AtlantaK- Baltimore KickerAgain, my only regret was taking Ingram in the 4th when I could have taken Manningham as my WR3. What do you think of my team? I was going to go Calvin, Roddy with my first two picks but Mendenhall somehow fell to me. Since Ingram and Mendenhall have the same bye weeks I am glad I have two capable backups for that week
you did well. I might drop Cutler for another WR. But, you are ok for wr3 each week with playing matchups. Might go with Ford this week as wr3.

Hey Jeff,

QB - Vick, Flacco

TE - Daniels, Graham

DEF - NO, Houston

With the news that Foster may or may not play, right now my flex options would be Thomas, Nelson, Breaston and perhaps Graham/Daniels. Not too much on the FA wire. Looking to maybe make a move for this weekend, and keeping the rest of the season in mind as well. Figure Breaston and TO can easily get dropped. Free moves this week so trying to take advantage of it (FABB).

With the following available, would you pick up any (if so, for who?) and would you start them this week over what I have? Drop Breaston and/or TO? OR am I okay to be patient. Thanks!

RBs avail: Ward, Redman, KWilliams, Torain/Helu, Caddy, Scott, Hardesty, Choice/Murray, Karim, Carter, Thomas Jones, Barber, Ringer, Stephens-Howling/Taylor

WRs avail: Meachem, Ward, Driver(have Nelson), Roberts, Burleson, A Brown (have Wallace), RWilliams

Missed one ;) When you get a chance, thanks!

Hey Jeff,

QB - Vick, Flacco

TE - Daniels, Graham

DEF - NO, Houston

Missed one ;) When you get a chance, thanks!
I apologize for missing this ....I would easily dump Breaston for Karim or Carter and might hang onto TO for another week or two until we see when/where he will come back

Jeff,

What would you offer for Starks, or is it too late? And would you recommend dropping anybody for Meacham? Also, Pierre Thomas was just dropped.

My yahoo, redraft, non-ppr, team:

QB(1): Ryan

RB(2): Mendenhall, DMC

WR(3): Holmes, Lloyd, Steve Johnson

Flex(2): Moreno, Harvin

Bench: Ingram, McGahee, J Ford, Ringer, Stafford

K: Bryant

D: Eagles

ESPN scoring...would you drop Campbell for Newton? My first QB is Flacco :bag:

WHO WOULD U START?

1QB

Romo @ NYJ

Bradford v PHI

2RB

CJohnson @ JAX

LBlount v DET

DWilliams @ ARI

JHarrison @ TB

James Starks v NEW ORLEANS ( Looked ok but I sat him )

3WR

Megatron @ TB

SHolmes v DAL

MSims-Walker v PHI

Antonio Brown @ BAL

BBerrian @ SD

Robert Meachem @ GREEN BAY (Started him and he did well with points for me)

**So I only need 2 WR options this week unless you like someone as my flex

1 TE

AHernandez @ MIA

LKendricks @ PHI

1 FLEX WR or TE

WHO? Leaning towards both TE's?

K

NFolk v DAL

DEF

ARI v CAR (Do u like any other matchup better)

THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread