What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

'oscarz said:
Hey JeffI am in a standard ppr leagueHaving some trouble deciding who to play as my RB#2 and in my 2 flex spots. Here are the players on my team that I can choose from:1. Need RB#2: McGahee vs GB, Graham vs Indy, Ingram vs Jax2. Need to flex players: Can choose from above RB's and WR's Burleson vs Dallas, Brown vs Hous or TE Olsen vs ChigagoThanks for your help
I think I would go with Graham at RB2 since Moreno is healthy and NO spreads the carries around.At Flex, Burleson and Brown. Just like the upside for both over McGahee

'glipp12 said:
Who do I start question. I am in a .5 PPR league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF. I am 0-3 and going up against the lineup below: I feel I need upside. Your thoughts?

Schaub

A. Johnson

B. Marshall

D. McFadden

A. Bradshaw

T. Hightower

Winslow

Bears D

Here are my options, with who I currently have starting bolded:

Roesthlisberger, Romo

Mendenhall, F. Jones, J. Starks, M. Tolbert, D. Williams, M. Hardesty

C. Johnson, S. Holmes, D. Moore, P. Harvin, L. Moore

J. Graham

Baltimore
You have a decent chance to win. Lance Moore is the only one who I think might have a decent game on your bench. But, dont know who I would start him over. I like your chances as is. Felix (due to health) might be the one I would consider sitting for Moore.

Hey Jeff,

#1 PPR/Return league

Need a flex option this week. Who do I go with between:

D Moore, J Nelson, O Daniels, F Gore

Leaning Gore but partially because I'm a niner fan. I also have Foster and Vick, so if all three of these guys go down early I'm done. I think I would go with Moore just because Gore seems iffy to play a ton.

#2 PPR League

Need WR help

have : Jennings, Nicks, Dez, D Moore, McCluster

We start 3 and of course the first three are a given. With Nicks and Dez both questionable, if either are ruled out do I go Moore or McCluster?

I like Moore this week against a beat up Patriot secondary

Thanks

'glipp12 said:
Who do I start question. I am in a .5 PPR league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF. I am 0-3 and going up against the lineup below: I feel I need upside. Your thoughts?

Schaub

A. Johnson

B. Marshall

D. McFadden

A. Bradshaw

T. Hightower

Winslow

Bears D

Roesthlisberger, Romo

J. Graham

Baltimore
You have a decent chance to win. Lance Moore is the only one who I think might have a decent game on your bench. But, dont know who I would start him over. I like your chances as is. Felix (due to health) might be the one I would consider sitting for Moore.
I am actually starting Moore, he is the other receiver bolded above. Did you mean sit F. Jones for S. Holmes?

'glipp12 said:

Schaub

A. Johnson

B. Marshall

D. McFadden

A. Bradshaw

T. Hightower

Winslow

Bears D

Roesthlisberger, Romo

J. Graham

Baltimore
I am actually starting Moore, he is the other receiver bolded above. Did you mean sit F. Jones for S. Holmes?
I apologize if I misread it, but I thought you were starting Denarius Moore and sitting Lance Moore. I see New Orleans to have a decent day through the air tomorrow .. while I am unsure about Felix Jones' health.

'glipp12 said:

Schaub

A. Johnson

B. Marshall

D. McFadden

A. Bradshaw

T. Hightower

Winslow

Bears D

Roesthlisberger, Romo

J. Graham

Baltimore
I apologize if I misread it, but I thought you were starting Denarius Moore and sitting Lance Moore. I see New Orleans to have a decent day through the air tomorrow .. while I am unsure about Felix Jones' health.
O.K. I need to be more clear. I am starting Denarius Moore and Calvin Johnson as my WR's with Mendenhall, F. Jones and J. Starks as my RB's. Would you start S. Holmes or L. Moore over F. Jones? Thanks for being patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
'glipp12 said:

Schaub

A. Johnson

B. Marshall

D. McFadden

A. Bradshaw

T. Hightower

Winslow

Bears D

Roesthlisberger, Romo

J. Graham

Baltimore
O.K. I need to be more clear. I am starting Denarius Moore and Calvin Johnson as my WR's with Mendenhall, F. Jones and J. Starks as my RB's. Would you start S. Holmes or L. Moore over F. Jones? Thanks for being patient.
I think I would stay with Felix as long as he plays. Just dont love the matchup against the tough Detroit defense

Hey GB,

PPR dilemma, with Return TD's counted.

RB2 -> Turner or Addai

WR (Pick 2) Bowe, Den. Moore, Branch

TIA!

Jeff,

I'm now 1-3 in a 10 team league. Thankfully 6 teams make the playoffs, but I need to quickly turn things around (see sig).

How much of my waiver budget should I spend on Ridley, Redman, Torain, or Jordy Nelson and who should I drop. I'm thinking Moreno, Manningham, and Harvin but not sure how much to spend and in what order I should focus.

FWIW, I have $91 out of $100 remaining.

***edit***forgot that an owner dropped BJGE for Hunter (Gore owner).

Hey Jeff, PPR LEAGUE

My RB situation still stinks! By now you know I am referring to DeAngelo Williams!

Chris Johnson showed a bit of life today

James Starks did okay

DeAngelo Williams 82 yards no catches still the thorn in my side!

Ryan Torain was a pleasant surprise but will Shanny let him have a shot to repeat?

L Blount is riding the pine this week the Indy D looks ready to stop the run!

I am still battling whether or not to DROP DeAngelo Williams for Stevan Ridley.

He may not have another day like today but he has the best shot too i think plus I think he is the best RB the Pats have.

Would you do it? Can I say goodbye to all things Carolina and go with Ridley and the Pats?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to cover for Romo's bye this week, here are my "options" below. I am looking for the best match up to get me through week 5:

-Kyle Orton v SD

-Andy Dalton @ JAX

-McNabb v ARI

-Painter v KC

-Gabbert v CIN

-v Young @ BUF

==================================================================================================

I still miss Hernandez :( but Fred Davis has been a disappointment!

These are the guys on the WW....anyone look promising?

-Jared Cook

-Clay Harbor

-Jake Ballard

-Daniel Fells

THANKS!

Jeff,

What did you think about Morgan and Cook,Casey this week? I know I will need another TE in the next couple weeks, and Morgan looked good this weekend. Jacoby JOnes??? johnson hurt

Scott vs Torrain?

Who to drop? ....

All these are just looking at ways to improve.

Thanks,!!!

Jeff,I'm now 1-3 in a 10 team league. Thankfully 6 teams make the playoffs, but I need to quickly turn things around (see sig).How much of my waiver budget should I spend on Ridley, Redman, Torain, or Jordy Nelson and who should I drop. I'm thinking Moreno, Manningham, and Harvin but not sure how much to spend and in what order I should focus.FWIW, I have $91 out of $100 remaining.***edit***forgot that an owner dropped BJGE for Hunter (Gore owner).
I think I might bid most on jordy ... 25%, then 10% each on BJGE and Ridley.

Hey Jeff, PPR LEAGUE

My RB situation still stinks! By now you know I am referring to DeAngelo Williams!

Chris Johnson showed a bit of life today

James Starks did okay

DeAngelo Williams 82 yards no catches still the thorn in my side!

Ryan Torain was a pleasant surprise but will Shanny let him have a shot to repeat?

L Blount is riding the pine this week the Indy D looks ready to stop the run!

I am still battling whether or not to DROP DeAngelo Williams for Stevan Ridley.

He may not have another day like today but he has the best shot too i think plus I think he is the best RB the Pats have.

Would you do it? Can I say goodbye to all things Carolina and go with Ridley and the Pats?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to cover for Romo's bye this week, here are my "options" below. I am looking for the best match up to get me through week 5:

-Kyle Orton v SD

-Andy Dalton @ JAX

-McNabb v ARI

-Painter v KC

-Gabbert v CIN

-v Young @ BUF

==================================================================================================

I still miss Hernandez :( but Fred Davis has been a disappointment!

These are the guys on the WW....anyone look promising?

-Jared Cook

-Clay Harbor

-Jake Ballard

-Daniel Fells

THANKS!
Add ridley and drop DWill, I think Orton this week (most upside), and I would wait until you know whether Hernandez is back this week before making a TE move.

Jeff,What did you think about Morgan and Cook,Casey this week? I know I will need another TE in the next couple weeks, and Morgan looked good this weekend. Jacoby JOnes??? johnson hurtScott vs Torrain?Who to drop? ....All these are just looking at ways to improve.Thanks,!!!
going on situation, I would keep Scott over Torain since you will be lucky to get 10-12 carries/wk from him. At WR, drop Little for Jacoby Jones.

Jeff,I'm now 1-3 in a 10 team league. Thankfully 6 teams make the playoffs, but I need to quickly turn things around (see sig).How much of my waiver budget should I spend on Ridley, Redman, Torain, or Jordy Nelson and who should I drop. I'm thinking Moreno, Manningham, and Harvin but not sure how much to spend and in what order I should focus.FWIW, I have $91 out of $100 remaining.***edit***forgot that an owner dropped BJGE for Hunter (Gore owner).
You agree on what players to drop?

You agree on what players to drop?
yes, with Harvin least desirable drop

Jeff , Standard league

Guys offering me Manningham for Hunter/ I have Gore. He has wells

my other rb's are Drew,Starks, Hightower,Felix,Scott,Mcluster.

Thought about countering hightower/hunter for Wells/Manningham....not sure about manningham....course AJ's out most likely who i have

Thanks,

Jeff , Standard leagueGuys offering me Manningham for Hunter/ I have Gore. He has wellsmy other rb's are Drew,Starks, Hightower,Felix,Scott,Mcluster. Thought about countering hightower/hunter for Wells/Manningham....not sure about manningham....course AJ's out most likely who i haveThanks,
Manningham got benched yesterday so do not assume he is startable until further notice. Now, I would do that deal with Wells in it ... but not Hunter for Manningham

12 team redraft league standard scoring PPR starters 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4 WR's, 1 Flex ( Rb or WR), 2 TE's, 1 K, 1 DEFQB's J. Campbell, K. Collins, R. Grossman, M. Hasselbeck RB's P. Hillis, F. Jones, MJD, D. McCluster, T. Choice, B. Leonard, L. McClain, M. Reece, L. Tomlinson, WR's D. Bowe, B. Lloyd, B. Marshall, S. Moss, R. White, G. Tate, K. Walter TE's E. Dickson, D. Keller, J. King, H. Miller K R. Bironas, S. Janikowski DEF Green Bay, New Orleans So would you trade F. Jones, B. Marshall & T. Choice for L. McCoy, Jacoby Jones & J. Morgan. Am I giving up too much for getting a stud in McCoy in a PPR league. My Starters would end up being Hillis, McCoy, MJD, McCluster, Bowe, Llyod, Marshall, Moss & White. This trade would leave me thin during my bye weeks so don't know if I should do it.
I think i would do that deal EASILY to upgrade starters, then look to upgrade the reserve WRs via the waiver wire.
This trade was revoked before I could accept it but now have been offered A. Foster & A. Collin for Hillis and Bowe so would you do this trade or go back to the McCoy owner and try that trade again because he did say he wanted to wait a week to see how his team did this week.

12 team redraft league standard scoring PPR starters 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4 WR's, 1 Flex ( Rb or WR), 2 TE's, 1 K, 1 DEFQB's J. Campbell, K. Collins, R. Grossman, M. Hasselbeck RB's P. Hillis, F. Jones, MJD, D. McCluster, T. Choice, B. Leonard, L. McClain, M. Reece, L. Tomlinson, WR's D. Bowe, B. Lloyd, B. Marshall, S. Moss, R. White, G. Tate, K. Walter TE's E. Dickson, D. Keller, J. King, H. Miller K R. Bironas, S. Janikowski DEF Green Bay, New Orleans So would you trade F. Jones, B. Marshall & T. Choice for L. McCoy, Jacoby Jones & J. Morgan. Am I giving up too much for getting a stud in McCoy in a PPR league. My Starters would end up being Hillis, McCoy, MJD, McCluster, Bowe, Llyod, Marshall, Moss & White. This trade would leave me thin during my bye weeks so don't know if I should do it.
I think i would do that deal EASILY to upgrade starters, then look to upgrade the reserve WRs via the waiver wire.
This trade was revoked before I could accept it but now have been offered A. Foster & A. Collin for Hillis and Bowe so would you do this trade or go back to the McCoy owner and try that trade again because he did say he wanted to wait a week to see how his team did this week.
I have McCoy and Foster similar, but would give Felix over Hillis and Marshall over Bowe

I have McCoy and Foster similar, but would give Felix over Hillis and Marshall over Bowe
Ok he changed it a little bit now it is McCoy, A. Brown and J. Morgan for F. Jones, B. Marshall and S. Moss so would you take this one instead of the Foster trade now.

Finally got my first win this week. Very happy with that. 1-3 now. Anyway here is my team as it is currently constructed. I am looking at dropping either M. Hardesty or D. Williams (leaning towards Williams) for R. Torain. Or as a Mendenhall owner, do you think I should be picking up Redman?

Roesthlisberger, Romo

J. Graham

Baltimore

Hi Jeff

I am in a standard head to head 14 team league and am currently 3-1. My team is:

Stafford, Cutler

Jackson, Ingram, D. Williams, McGahee, Graham, Torain

A.J (hurt with hammy), Nicks, Burleson, Brown,

Daniels, Olsen

Houston

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex,1 TE and 1 Defence

Seeing that my WR 1 A.J. was injured this week with a hammy issue with ? miss time I thought I should add another WR. I see Crabtree from SanFran is on waivers. Would you add him and if so who would you drop?

Thanks

Jeff, PPR

I have some lineup questions, but one thing I noticed is M. Thomas has gotten Lots of targets and in this ppr league seems to be doing Ok.

Which Three do you like of this week and with s. Jackson on bye I'm figuring to plug Ingram in this week:

Wallace,L.MOORE,D MOORE, M. Thomas,Cobb,Ford and D. Jones. need 3

Trying to drop Little for Jacoby Jones....but may not get him.

Do you expect Slaton to do much this year?

Also....the R. White owner is 1-3 Thought about making offer for him maybe two wr's. Last time I offered he wouldn't bite. I'm 3-1 tied for 1st, but about 4th in points scored.

THANKS

Ok he changed it a little bit now it is McCoy, A. Brown and J. Morgan for F. Jones, B. Marshall and S. Moss so would you take this one instead of the Foster trade now.
This is asking for a ton. I think I would take the Foster one if you think he is back to 2010 form. If so, this is cheap. The McCoy offer is way too rich, asking for three very solid starters.

'Fantasyfollow1 said:
Finally got my first win this week. Very happy with that. 1-3 now. Anyway here is my team as it is currently constructed. I am looking at dropping either M. Hardesty or D. Williams (leaning towards Williams) for R. Torain. Or as a Mendenhall owner, do you think I should be picking up Redman? Roesthlisberger, RomoMendenhall, F. Jones, J. Starks, M. Tolbert, D. Williams, M. HardestyC. Johnson, S. Holmes, D. Moore, P. Harvin, L. MooreJ. GrahamBaltimore
I would drop Hardesty for Redman. Not sold Torain is startable any given week.

'oscarz said:
Hi JeffI am in a standard head to head 14 team league and am currently 3-1. My team is:Stafford, CutlerJackson, Ingram, D. Williams, McGahee, Graham, TorainA.J (hurt with hammy), Nicks, Burleson, Brown, Daniels, OlsenHoustonWe start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex,1 TE and 1 DefenceSeeing that my WR 1 A.J. was injured this week with a hammy issue with ? miss time I thought I should add another WR. I see Crabtree from SanFran is on waivers. Would you add him and if so who would you drop?Thanks
I would leave Crabtree alone and look for Mark Clayton in a week or so. StL expects him back soon or he would have been on the PuP

'bighead2000 said:
Jeff, PPRI have some lineup questions, but one thing I noticed is M. Thomas has gotten Lots of targets and in this ppr league seems to be doing Ok.Which Three do you like of this week and with s. Jackson on bye I'm figuring to plug Ingram in this week:Wallace,L.MOORE,D MOORE, M. Thomas,Cobb,Ford and D. Jones. need 3Trying to drop Little for Jacoby Jones....but may not get him.Do you expect Slaton to do much this year?Also....the R. White owner is 1-3 Thought about making offer for him maybe two wr's. Last time I offered he wouldn't bite. I'm 3-1 tied for 1st, but about 4th in points scored.THANKS
Wallace, DMoore, MThomas. I did notice Thomas' targets/catches evaporated as game went along. I do not like Slaton at all. No upside. I would offer Thomas and either LMoore or DMoore (prefer to give LMoore)

'oscarz said:
Hi JeffI am in a standard head to head 14 team league and am currently 3-1. My team is:Stafford, CutlerJackson, Ingram, D. Williams, McGahee, Graham, TorainA.J (hurt with hammy), Nicks, Burleson, Brown, Daniels, OlsenHoustonWe start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex,1 TE and 1 DefenceSeeing that my WR 1 A.J. was injured this week with a hammy issue with ? miss time I thought I should add another WR. I see Crabtree from SanFran is on waivers. Would you add him and if so who would you drop?Thanks
I would leave Crabtree alone and look for Mark Clayton in a week or so. StL expects him back soon or he would have been on the PuP
I see Crabtree is ranked this week higher than my available WR fill ins for AJ (Burleson and Brown)Seeing that AJ will be out about 4 weeks if I was to drop someone for Crabtree which player would you drop? Burleson, Graham, D. Williams or Cutler (look for bye QB when needed?)?Also Titus Young and Jacoby Jones are available. Do you like any of these?Thanks

This is asking for a ton. I think I would take the Foster one if you think he is back to 2010 form. If so, this is cheap. The McCoy offer is way too rich, asking for three very solid starters.
I rejected this trade and countered with F. Jones, B. Marshall & T. Choice for L. McCoy, B. Lafell & J. Morgan he accepted this one since I told him that I had the other offer on the table and would accept that offer over his other one.

Hey Jeff,

PPR League

Running Back

Have Ray Ray on a bye. Need an RB2 to pair with MJD. Of the following, this week only, who would you roll with?

S Greene, R Bush, J Addai, Hunter, Ridley, M Bush, Lynch, Scott, Graham, LT, TJones

I currently have Greene and Reggie, the rest are FA's. Is it time to cut both Reggie and Greene loose? Reggie definitely. Who would you advise for this week only and for the rest of the season?

Wide Receiver

Have Dez also on a bye. Need a WR3 to go with Nicks and Jenning. Of the following, this week only, who would you roll with?

DMoore, McCluster, Garcon, JJones/Walters, Gaffney, Cruz, Jenkins, A Brown, Breaston, Doucet

I currently have DMoore and McCluster, the rest are FA's. Who would you advise for this week only and for the rest of the season? I'd cut McCluster for the FA.

THANKS!

'oscarz said:
I see Crabtree is ranked this week higher than my available WR fill ins for AJ (Burleson and Brown)Seeing that AJ will be out about 4 weeks if I was to drop someone for Crabtree which player would you drop? Burleson, Graham, D. Williams or Cutler (look for bye QB when needed?)?Also Titus Young and Jacoby Jones are available. Do you like any of these?Thanks
I would trust Brown more than Crabtree, but that is just me. I would drop Cutler with the thought that you can pick up a QB later on if you dump him for Crabtree. I like Jacoby ok, but hard to know what to expect.

Hey Jeff,

PPR League

Running Back

Have Ray Ray on a bye. Need an RB2 to pair with MJD. Of the following, this week only, who would you roll with?

S Greene, R Bush, J Addai, Hunter, Ridley, M Bush, Lynch, Scott, Graham, LT, TJones

I currently have Greene and Reggie, the rest are FA's. Is it time to cut both Reggie and Greene loose? Reggie definitely. Who would you advise for this week only and for the rest of the season?

Wide Receiver

Have Dez also on a bye. Need a WR3 to go with Nicks and Jenning. Of the following, this week only, who would you roll with?

DMoore, McCluster, Garcon, JJones/Walters, Gaffney, Cruz, Jenkins, A Brown, Breaston, Doucet

I currently have DMoore and McCluster, the rest are FA's. Who would you advise for this week only and for the rest of the season? I'd cut McCluster for the FA.

THANKS!
I think I would dump Bush for Addai and start him this week. I like DMoore and Garcon this week, but like ABrown as a longer term option. In general, I think the Colts get a win this week and play well (Addai and Garcon)

Hey Jeff-Hope you had a great weekend.

So happy to get your blessings to say say bye bye to Williams even if they start using him....NO REGRETS!

I know with the cash he received this off-season he could care less!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still miss Hernandez especially since Fred Davis has been a disappointment!

But, I like your idea about Hernandez's possible return week 5!

If he doesn't return what do you think about dumping Fred for this guy JAMES CASEY (HOU) he is listed as a RB / TE could be a SNEAKY play if Hernandez can't go week 5.

Take a look and let me know what you think brother!

======================================================================

(BIGGEST PROBLEM)

-Kyle Orton v SD

-Andy Dalton @ JAX

-McNabb v ARI

-T Jackson @ NYG

-Alex Smith v TB

-Painter v KC

-Gabbert v CIN

-v Young @ BUF

==============================================================

The last item on my WW list this week is a Wide Receiver: Here are the options.......

-Brandon LaFell (CAR)

-Darrius Heyward-Bey (OAK)

-Laurent Robinson (DAL) *Bye Week but I don't need him this week anyway!

**Or I can wait and be on the lookout for someone who has to drop a WR!

As always THANKS SO. SO MUCH!

Jeff, Redraft ppr

Someone Dropped Nelson,eagles s. smith,henderson I put in a waiver for Nelson(he's got more points than most of my WR's)_ in this league where it's just not much out there most of the time.

I dropped Little if it goes thru.......Thoughts on that?

So happy to get your blessings to say say bye bye to Williams even if they start using him....NO REGRETS!

If he doesn't return what do you think about dumping Fred for this guy JAMES CASEY (HOU) he is listed as a RB / TE could be a SNEAKY play if Hernandez can't go week 5.

(BIGGEST PROBLEM)

-Kyle Orton v SD

-Andy Dalton @ JAX

-McNabb v ARI

-T Jackson @ NYG

-Alex Smith v TB

-Painter v KC

-Gabbert v CIN

-v Young @ BUF

The last item on my WW list this week is a Wide Receiver: Here are the options.......

-Brandon LaFell (CAR)

Hernandez is expected back this week. I like Davis, but like Casey this week if Hernandez is out. At QB, I do not love any of them, but would go with Orton or Painter just because those are likely high scoring games. Of the WW receivers, I do not like any. Also, remember that Miles Austin is expected back after the bye which makes Laurent Robinson worthless. You might look for Jacoby Ford if he is available. Should be coming off injury soon.

Jeff, Redraft pprSomeone Dropped Nelson,eagles s. smith,henderson I put in a waiver for Nelson(he's got more points than most of my WR's)_ in this league where it's just not much out there most of the time.I dropped Little if it goes thru.......Thoughts on that?
I like the move and the BUF passing game should have a big week vs Philly this Sunday. Dont love the other two at this time

Jeff, Redraft pprSomeone Dropped Nelson,eagles s. smith,henderson I put in a waiver for Nelson(he's got more points than most of my WR's)_ in this league where it's just not much out there most of the time.I dropped Little if it goes thru.......Thoughts on that?
I like the move and the BUF passing game should have a big week vs Philly this Sunday. Dont love the other two at this time
My only question may be if I should keep Jones and Nelson from the same team. I want find out until saturday morning on this waiver.I could always drop him or someone for my week 7 te while Gronk is out. Boss is one on the wire.

so much volatility week to week that I do not sweat backup QB, TE, K, or Def ... maybe just meMy only question may be if I should keep Jones and Nelson from the same team. I want find out until saturday morning on this waiver.I could always drop him or someone for my week 7 te while Gronk is out. Boss is one on the wire.

Jeff,

My team includes

RB McFadden, Hillis, Best

WR SSmith (Car), Bowe, Britt (dropped), Finley, SMoss, LMoore

I've been getting skunked by playing the matchups with my WRs and picking the wrong guy each week. We start 1 RB/ 1 WR/2 flex each week, so I've typically been playing 3 RBs and one WR each week. It looks like 3 or 4 of my WRs are going to get to 8 TDs/1000yds, but each week I've picked the one guy who laid an egg. I've used Bowe week 1 (1 pt), Britt week 2 (19 pts), Britt & SSmith week 3 (1 pt each; Hillis out), and Finley week 4 (2 pts). I know I'm whining, but I'm just trying to figure out how to get the right guy in the lineup, and playing the hot hand from the previous week has backfired big time.

In general...should I stick with 3 RBs and SSmith on a regular basis? Should I play 2 or 3 WRs and use Best or Hillis less (FBGs cheatsheets almost always has my RBs ranked ahead of the WRs, even when I have a bad feeling about the RBs, like I do with Best vs Chicago this week)? Any guiding thoughts?

For my lineup this week...

McFadden and SSmith are must starts. Out of Bowe, Finley and Best, which two are in and who sits? I've gotta get it right sometime...

No PPR. As always, thanks for your input.

4ize

Jeff,My team includesRB McFadden, Hillis, BestWR SSmith (Car), Bowe, Britt (dropped), Finley, SMoss, LMooreI've been getting skunked by playing the matchups with my WRs and picking the wrong guy each week. We start 1 RB/ 1 WR/2 flex each week, so I've typically been playing 3 RBs and one WR each week. It looks like 3 or 4 of my WRs are going to get to 8 TDs/1000yds, but each week I've picked the one guy who laid an egg. I've used Bowe week 1 (1 pt), Britt week 2 (19 pts), Britt & SSmith week 3 (1 pt each; Hillis out), and Finley week 4 (2 pts). I know I'm whining, but I'm just trying to figure out how to get the right guy in the lineup, and playing the hot hand from the previous week has backfired big time.In general...should I stick with 3 RBs and SSmith on a regular basis? Should I play 2 or 3 WRs and use Best or Hillis less (FBGs cheatsheets almost always has my RBs ranked ahead of the WRs, even when I have a bad feeling about the RBs, like I do with Best vs Chicago this week)? Any guiding thoughts?For my lineup this week...McFadden and SSmith are must starts. Out of Bowe, Finley and Best, which two are in and who sits? I've gotta get it right sometime...No PPR. As always, thanks for your input.4ize
I like Bowe best of the group against the Colts. Finley vs Best is a tough one since ATL has a horrible pass defense and Best gets a great matchup. In general, I would start Best over Finley since he has best chance for 100 total yards and a td. So, Bowe and Best hesitantly

(BIGGEST PROBLEM)

-Kyle Orton v SD

-Andy Dalton @ JAX

-McNabb v ARI

-T Jackson @ NYG

-Alex Smith v TB

-Painter v KC

-Gabbert v CIN

-v Young @ BUF

-Brandon LaFell (CAR)

Hernandez is expected back this week. I like Davis, but like Casey this week if Hernandez is out. At QB, I do not love any of them, but would go with Orton or Painter just because those are likely high scoring games. Of the WW receivers, I do not like any. Also, remember that Miles Austin is expected back after the bye which makes Laurent Robinson worthless. You might look for Jacoby Ford if he is available. Should be coming off injury soon.
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

LOVE THE ADVICE!

Hernandez---if not I will roll with CASEY this week

PAINTER at QB I like because I like his options and their matchup so I feel set at QB & TE

Next question coming is WDIS at RB & WR along with my 1 FLEX WR/TE (Which only comes into play at TE if Hernandez can go and then I can play Casey at FLEX.

WR(3)

SO, It's either 4 WRs or Hernandez and the sneaky CASEY (Davis is on his bye week) play if you like him over my WR options

MEGATROM V CHI

MEACHEM @ CAR

Denarius MOORE @ HOU

S HOLMES @ NE

E DECKER v SD

RB (2)

C JOHNSON @ PIT

L BLOUNT @ SF

S RIDLEY v NYJ

J STARKS @ ATL

**TORAIN (BYE)

I have the Dallas kicker Bailey he has been all beast would you keep him and pick up one of the following guys to cover for his bye this week. Especially the way the Cowboys offense has been performing?

K

-Shaun Suisham v TEN

-Nick Folk @ NE

-Ryan Lindell v PHI

-L TYNES v SEA

-C Barth @ SF

THANKS AGAIN BUDDY! Good Luck to you this weekend!

(BIGGEST PROBLEM)

-Kyle Orton v SD

-Andy Dalton @ JAX

-McNabb v ARI

-T Jackson @ NYG

-Alex Smith v TB

-Painter v KC

-Gabbert v CIN

-v Young @ BUF

-Brandon LaFell (CAR)

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

LOVE THE ADVICE!

Hernandez---if not I will roll with CASEY this week

PAINTER at QB I like because I like his options and their matchup so I feel set at QB & TE

Next question coming is WDIS at RB & WR along with my 1 FLEX WR/TE (Which only comes into play at TE if Hernandez can go and then I can play Casey at FLEX.

WR(3)

SO, It's either 4 WRs or Hernandez and the sneaky CASEY (Davis is on his bye week) play if you like him over my WR options

MEGATROM V CHI

MEACHEM @ CAR

Denarius MOORE @ HOU

S HOLMES @ NE

E DECKER v SD

RB (2)

C JOHNSON @ PIT

L BLOUNT @ SF

S RIDLEY v NYJ

J STARKS @ ATL

**TORAIN (BYE)

I have the Dallas kicker Bailey he has been all beast would you keep him and pick up one of the following guys to cover for his bye this week. Especially the way the Cowboys offense has been performing?

K

-Shaun Suisham v TEN

-Nick Folk @ NE

-Ryan Lindell v PHI

-L TYNES v SEA

-C Barth @ SF

Keep Bailey and pick up either Folk or Tynes

THANKS AGAIN BUDDY! Good Luck to you this weekend!

Hi Jeff,

I have a trade proposal offered to me. On the surface I would not make the deal, but considering the depth that I have I am giving it a second look, because I think it could improve my startinglineup, and I have enough depth to cover the loses.

12 team league, that we keep 6 (max 3 per position)

TD heavy, with bonuses for longer TDs

I give:

Beanie Wells

Mike Williams (TB)

Jermichael Finley

I get:

Steve Smith (Car)

Jimmy Graham

Kendal Hunter

Please let me know your thoughts? I know that I am dealing from a position of strength, as I believe that I have an exceptionally strong team, but I am always looking to improve.

Also, would it change your mind if it was Beanie and Decker for Smith and Hunter?

Roster:

QB- Brees, Freeman

RB- ADP, Rice, McFadden, B Wells, McGahee, Torain

WR- VJax, Nicks, MWilliams (TB), Decker, L Moore, M Thomas

TE- Finley, Cook

K_ Rackers

Def- Lions

Hey Jeff -

need to pick three RBs from this list: B. Jacobs, R. Grant, M. Ingram and Ridley. Leaning Grant, Ingram and Ridley, but I don't know.

Standard scoring, some bonus points for long runs, etc., but not enough to really be a factor. non-ppr

Users who are viewing this thread