What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

Jeff,

I've got EDge and K. SMith , Mjd to choose from....need one. Already starting Graham.

Also Calvin Johnson or Steve SMith? Vinny's back, but Johnson has a nice matchup.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Jeff,I've got EDge and K. SMith , Mjd to choose from....need one. Already starting Graham.Also Calvin Johnson or Steve SMith? Vinny's back, but Johnson has a nice matchup.Thanks!!!!!!!
These are tough choices. All three RBs are decent plays this week. I think I would go with Edge if I needed a solid game and MJD if I needed a huge game, but with some risk. I would start Edge against the Browns, though, it is a good matchup. On the WRs, I would lean to Smith. Vinny is back. Also, I read where the Lions will try to get Roy the ball, maybe at the expense of the rookie

Which one should i play for my flex spot . I have graham in my lineup but i saw in the skark pool he was a bad play what do you think ?

E Graham @ NO

S Smith vs SF

One more

I have Fargas in my line so far but i keep looking at Chatman what do you think ?

pick one

J Chatman vs NYJ

J Fargas vs DEN

K Smith vs SD

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one should i play for my flex spot . I have graham in my lineup but i saw in the skark pool he was a bad play what do you think ?

E Graham @ NO

S Smith vs SF

I like Graham this week

One more

I have Fargas in my line so far but i keep looking at Chatman what do you think ?

pick one

J Chatman vs NYJ

J Fargas vs DEN

K Smith vs SD

I do not like Chatman or Kolby as much as Fargas

E Graham @ NO

S Smith vs SF

I like Graham this week

One more

pick one

J Chatman vs NYJ

J Fargas vs DEN

K Smith vs SD

League threePick two

K Smith vs SD

T henry @ OAK

R Bush vs TB

E Graham @ NO

Jeff,

Which 1 QB (6/td, 1/25yd): Warner (vs. CLE) or Anderson (@ ARI) (Thinking Anderson b/c worried about Warner's injury-history)

and 3 WRs (6/td, 1/10yd): Boldin (vs. CLE), Housh (@ PIT), Welker (@ BAL), or Colston (vs. TB) (Boldin and Welker have good matchups and Housh has to play on ketchup field)

also, 2 RBs: Tomlinson (@ KC), SJax (vs. ATL), Addai (vs. Jac) or Graham (@ NO)? (LT's a gimme, Addai has the tough matchup)

I already sat out Grant @ DAL and am regretting the 24pts I lost... (but I also sat out Favre, so win some lose some)

Thanks in advance!

E Graham @ NO

S Smith vs SF

I like Graham this week

One more

pick one

J Chatman vs NYJ

J Fargas vs DEN

K Smith vs SD

League threePick two

K Smith vs SD

T henry @ OAK

R Bush vs TB

E Graham @ NO
Bush and either Graham or Henry depending on your risk preference (in relation to Henry). Henry should share the load while Graham will get all of the carries, and the offense might rely on him if Garcia is out.

Jeff,Which 1 QB (6/td, 1/25yd): Warner (vs. CLE) or Anderson (@ ARI) (Thinking Anderson b/c worried about Warner's injury-history)and 3 WRs (6/td, 1/10yd): Boldin (vs. CLE), Housh (@ PIT), Welker (@ BAL), or Colston (vs. TB) (Boldin and Welker have good matchups and Housh has to play on ketchup field)also, 2 RBs: Tomlinson (@ KC), SJax (vs. ATL), Addai (vs. Jac) or Graham (@ NO)? (LT's a gimme, Addai has the tough matchup)I already sat out Grant @ DAL and am regretting the 24pts I lost... (but I also sat out Favre, so win some lose some)Thanks in advance!
Anderson is safer and has a higher upside, imoRBs: LT and SJax. I agree on the Addai matchupWRs: Boldin (esp with the Fitz injury), Colston (has been playing well), and Welker. Hard to bench Houshy. He is one of my favorite players, but the field could be a mess and a tough matchup. But, no one could fault you for making any of the choices.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Leo2228 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Leo2228 said:

E Graham @ NO

S Smith vs SF

I like Graham this week

One more

pick one

J Chatman vs NYJ

J Fargas vs DEN

K Smith vs SD

League threePick two

K Smith vs SD

T henry @ OAK

R Bush vs TB

E Graham @ NO
Bush and either Graham or Henry depending on your risk preference (in relation to Henry). Henry should share the load while Graham will get all of the carries, and the offense might rely on him if Garcia is out.
Last flex spotK Smith vs SD

or

S Smith vs SF

Receiving TD 6 points

Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Rushing TD 6 points

Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Leo2228 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Leo2228 said:

E Graham @ NO

S Smith vs SF

I like Graham this week

One more

pick one

J Chatman vs NYJ

J Fargas vs DEN

K Smith vs SD

League threePick two

K Smith vs SD

T henry @ OAK

R Bush vs TB

E Graham @ NO
Last flex spotK Smith vs SD

or

S Smith vs SF

Receiving TD 6 points

Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Rushing TD 6 points

Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds
man, that is a tough one. I think Kolby is a pretty solid bet for 6-10 points. Smith will have a tough time hitting 100 yards and has to rely on getting a TD. For that reason, I would lean to Kolby

Hi Jeff,

Could use some help on a lineup where no one choice stands out.

Standard scoring, 4pts. passing TD, no PPR.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR (or 1RB, 3WR)

Cutler vs. Hasselbeck (inj. and bad weather, new sod in Philly?-Pitts/MNF redeux-the horror)

K. Smith, C. Taylor, K. Jones, A. Peterson (CHI)

Holt, Colston, S. Smith

My thoughts were Hass, K. Smith, C. Taylor, Holt and Colston.

Any insight?

Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

I have another.

Standard scoring, no PPR.

I planned to use J. Galloway as a flex, but I'm concerned about his QB and he hasn't done well on the road.

Should I consider one of F. Taylor, S. Alexander, K. Keith or L. Coles, J. Jurevicius instead?

Thanks.

Hey Jeff,

Just got home from one of the saddest Saints games EVER! The only upside is that my LSU TIGERS are in the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME...sweeeet!

Berrian gave me nada today....Chicago's AP did pretty good....I want to drop Berrian for Gage who is clearly the number 1 option for Young....what do you think?

Thanks

Hey Jeff,

Just got home from one of the saddest Saints games EVER! The only upside is that my LSU TIGERS are in the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME...sweeeet!

Berrian gave me nada today....Chicago's AP did pretty good....I want to drop Berrian for Gage who is clearly the number 1 option for Young....what do you think?

Thanks
I think it is a close decision either way. Peterson had some great yardage and receptions. Hope you won both today.

Hi Jeff,Could use some help on a lineup where no one choice stands out.Standard scoring, 4pts. passing TD, no PPR.1QB, 2RB, 2WR (or 1RB, 3WR)Cutler vs. Hasselbeck (inj. and bad weather, new sod in Philly?-Pitts/MNF redeux-the horror)K. Smith, C. Taylor, K. Jones, A. Peterson (CHI)Holt, Colston, S. SmithMy thoughts were Hass, K. Smith, C. Taylor, Holt and Colston. Any insight?Thanks.
sorry, i am not around on Sunday mornings.

Hello Jeff, I do you feel about this trade. I'm a little hesitant but would like to know what you think. This will make me somewhat thin at WR I have Holt as my #1 and /Calvin Johson/Berriran/Cotchery/B. Johnson/James Jones.

This #1 is not guaranteed to be the #1 as that will be deteremined with the play off system but at worse it'll be #4.

Dynasty, standard scoring.

Team A receive (Me)

QB Brees, NO

TE Gonzo

WR Wesley, NE

2008 Draft Pick - Round 1

Team B receive

WR Randy Moss, NE

WR Anthony Gonzalez, IND

TIA,

Tex

Hello Jeff, I do you feel about this trade. I'm a little hesitant but would like to know what you think. This will make me somewhat thin at WR I have Holt as my #1 and /Calvin Johson/Berriran/Cotchery/B. Johnson/James Jones.This #1 is not guaranteed to be the #1 as that will be deteremined with the play off system but at worse it'll be #4.Dynasty, standard scoring.Team A receive (Me)QB Brees, NOTE GonzoWR Wesley, NE2008 Draft Pick - Round 1Team B receiveWR Randy Moss, NEWR Anthony Gonzalez, INDTIA,Tex
Hey Tex, Are you in the playoffs? Who is your other QB? TE? I ask because I am trying to get a gauge of your team and its needs/where its going.Overall, I like the deal if you are in need of a QB and TE upgrade. Moss has been huge, but upgrading the QB and TE could make more of a difference than the los of Moss versus Welker. In general, I like buying picks at this time of the season. They are worth much more in a few months. In some leagues, that pick could buy a top 4-5 WR.

Hello Jeff, I do you feel about this trade. I'm a little hesitant but would like to know what you think. This will make me somewhat thin at WR I have Holt as my #1 and /Calvin Johson/Berriran/Cotchery/B. Johnson/James Jones.This #1 is not guaranteed to be the #1 as that will be deteremined with the play off system but at worse it'll be #4.Dynasty, standard scoring.Team A receive (Me)QB Brees, NOTE GonzoWR Wesley, NE2008 Draft Pick - Round 1Team B receiveWR Randy Moss, NEWR Anthony Gonzalez, INDTIA,Tex
Hey Tex, Are you in the playoffs? Who is your other QB? TE? I ask because I am trying to get a gauge of your team and its needs/where its going.Overall, I like the deal if you are in need of a QB and TE upgrade. Moss has been huge, but upgrading the QB and TE could make more of a difference than the los of Moss versus Welker. In general, I like buying picks at this time of the season. They are worth much more in a few months. In some leagues, that pick could buy a top 4-5 WR.
Hello Jeff, I'm really not in the need for a TE but Gonzo is currently #4 in our league and yes I'm in the playoffs (10-2).My TEs: Gates/Heap/O. Daniels/J. KingMy QBs: Bulger/McNabb/T. JacksonETA: Getting Gonzo will allow me to make another move for either another player or draft pick.

Hello Jeff, I'm really not in the need for a TE but Gonzo is currently #4 in our league and yes I'm in the playoffs (10-2).My TEs: Gates/Heap/O. Daniels/J. KingMy QBs: Bulger/McNabb/T. JacksonETA: Getting Gonzo will allow me to make another move for either another player or draft pick.
Unless I thought my team was the even money favorite as is, I would do the deal. It is amazing what Moss is doing, but Welker is not far behind. Your team looks like it might need a QB for the playoffs depending on if McNabb comes back next week. YoI think you are coming out ahead in the deal.

Unless I thought my team was the even money favorite as is, I would do the deal. It is amazing what Moss is doing, but Welker is not far behind. Your team looks like it might need a QB for the playoffs depending on if McNabb comes back next week. YoI think you are coming out ahead in the deal.
I've been lucky enough to win inspite of struggling QBs (Leinart was the other but I dropped him for T. Jackson). The unknown factor is the draft pick which will range from 1-4. If it's #1 then I like the deal as McFadden is my target.Thanks again my friend.

Hey Jeff,

I did win in both leagues and I am happy to say that I am in the playoffs! Thanks again for all of your advice!

Justin Gage, Bryant Johnson (Who did well yesterday and will take over for Fitzgerald & Boldin is hurt now too, I think)

Sidney Rice or Brandon Stokely......do ANY of these guys have a better upside than Berrian over the next 3 weeks?

I know I asked about Gage yesterday and I do like him but Bryant Johnson is in a very favorable position with Warner who loves to throw.

B Johnson @ SEA @ NO v ATL v STL

Gage v SD @ KC v JET @ INDY

Rice @ SF v CHI v WAS @ DEN

Stokely v KC @ HOU @ SD v MIN

BERRIAN @ WASH @ MIN v GB V NO

I'll be back to talk rb's later....right now I am really focused on Bryant Johnson, Berrian and what you think!

I hope you won this weekend as well.

Hey Jeff,

I did win in both leagues and I am happy to say that I am in the playoffs! Thanks again for all of your advice!

Justin Gage, Bryant Johnson (Who did well yesterday and will take over for Fitzgerald & Boldin is hurt now too, I think)

Sidney Rice or Brandon Stokely......do ANY of these guys have a better upside than Berrian over the next 3 weeks?

I know I asked about Gage yesterday and I do like him but Bryant Johnson is in a very favorable position with Warner who loves to throw.

I'll be back to talk rb's later....right now I am really focused on Bryant Johnson, Berrian and what you think!

I think I still like Berrian best. BJohnson is still not very startable, imo. he did well, but that was against Cleveland.

Hey Jeff,

I think I still like Berrian best. BJohnson is still not very startable, imo. he did well, but that was against Cleveland.
Okay Jeff, I will stay pat. Playoff anxiety :popcorn: I forgot to ask what you thought about my LSU Tigers.

Hey Jeff,

Okay Jeff, I will stay pat. Playoff anxiety :own3d: I forgot to ask what you thought about my LSU Tigers.
My issue with Bryant Johnson is that he has not been a great start in the past even when Boldin or Fitz were out. On your Tigers, I love the team. I like the receivers, but think Early is not the prospect everyone does. I like the speed on defense. I really like the team, but do not like Les Miles. Good recruiter, bad character guy.

Hey Jeff...here we go week 14...

TEAM 1

MUST WIN for better playoff spot, I do not want to face the top team in the first week. This is why I am so worried about my WR's, they have been my strength because my RB's have been up and down.

RB (2)

Bush @ ATL --- Hasn't been himself for weeks

KJones v DAL --- Tough D

Maroney v PITT --- Tougher D

APeterson (CHI) @ WASH --- Tough D @ tough loss

WW Options = Jerious Norwood v my Saints is he better than Reggie this week? It won't take a lot of touches to run big on us.

WR(3)

Wayne @ BAL --- Tough D but he's Reggie

Housh v STL --- Nice matchup

Berrian @ WASH --- Always a worry for me

Crayton @ DET --- Last week 2td's will this be another down week

WW options = Gage v SD / SRice @ SF / Stokely @ OAK

TE (1)

Gonzo @ DEN --- Huard hurt again

H Miller @ NE --- Better weather....better option

DEF (1)

Indy @ BAL --- Ravens offense was a freaky surprise last night

Dallas @ DET --- Can Kitna find himself again vs a shaky secondary

TEAM 2

RB (2)

S Jackson @ CIN

R Grant v OAK

S Young v KC (Henry is available but his suspension seems likely, right?)

K Jones v DAL

M Lynch v MIA

WR (3)

Wayne @ BAL

D Branch v ARI

P Crayton @ DET

Welker @ PITT

RWhite v NO

DEF (1)

Vikings @ SF

Steelers @ NE

Thanks again for the time and the advice :D

TEAM 1

MUST WIN for better playoff spot, I do not want to face the top team in the first week. This is why I am so worried about my WR's, they have been my strength because my RB's have been up and down.

RB (2)

KJones v DAL --- Tough D

Kevin Jones (I expect them to run more) and Bush (It is Atlanta afterall).

WR(3)

Wayne and Housh for sure. The other two have great matchups. I might lean toward Crayton with the Lion secondary so bad this year.

TE (1)

Gonzo if Huard starts, Miller if not.

DEF (1)

Dallas Defense

TEAM 2

RB (2)

S Jackson @ CIN

R Grant v OAK

K Jones v DAL

M Lynch v MIA

SJax and Grant have GREAT matchups.

WR (3)

Wayne @ BAL

D Branch v ARI

P Crayton @ DET

Welker @ PITT

RWhite v NO

Wayne is easy choice. I would also go with Crayton and either Roddy or Welker.

DEF (1)

Vikings @ SF

Steelers @ NE

Vikings

Thanks again for the time and the advice :goodposting:

Hey Jeff,

I lost Schaub this week, and Kitna is the only other Qb on my roster. I can pick up Garrard,Edwards,Campbell,Boller, Jackson to name a few. Playoffs are in weeks 15 and 16. THanks....

TEAM 1

RB (2)

KJones v DAL --- Tough D

Jerious Norwood is available, they play my Saints which can only unfortunately mean good things...would you let go of Jones or Peterson for him?

WR(3)

Wayne and Housh for sure. The other two have great matchups. I might lean toward Crayton with the Lion secondary so bad this year.

TE (1)

DEF (1)

Dallas Defense

TEAM 2

RB (2)

S Jackson @ CIN

R Grant v OAK

K Jones v DAL

M Lynch v MIA

WR (3)

Wayne @ BAL

D Branch v ARI

P Crayton @ DET

Welker @ PITT

RWhite v NO

I forgot to ask about my Flex WR/RB who do you like?

DEF (1)

Vikings @ SF

Steelers @ NE

Vikings

Thanks again for the time and the advice :mellow:

In my dynasty league Caddy has been on the WW for a few weeks and next week is our last week for FA pickups. Do you like him next year over C. Taylor and M. Turner. If I pick him up I have to drop one of the 2 and right now I am thinking Taylor.
I would order them: Turner>Caddy>ChesterI do not know if you could pull it off, but Chester might be tradeable to another owner for a future pick. Then, pick up Caddy. But, at the minimum, I would drop Chester for Caddy ... sooner than later because someone else will have the same idea.
Would you take F. Taylor over caddy for next year.I am in the playoffs and my starting RB's are Gore & McGahee so I am looking more towards next year.

Hey Jeff,I lost Schaub this week, and Kitna is the only other Qb on my roster. I can pick up Garrard,Edwards,Campbell,Boller, Jackson to name a few. Playoffs are in weeks 15 and 16. THanks....
Garrard is the only one I like. For next week (15) and beyond, consider Sage if Schaub is out. But, Garrard has a better matchup this week.

TEAM 1

RB (2)

KJones v DAL --- Tough D

Jerious Norwood is available, they play my Saints which can only unfortunately mean good things...would you let go of Jones or Peterson for him?

WR(3)

TE (1)

DEF (1)

Dallas Defense

TEAM 2

RB (2)

S Jackson @ CIN

R Grant v OAK

K Jones v DAL

M Lynch v MIA

WR (3)

Wayne @ BAL

D Branch v ARI

P Crayton @ DET

Welker @ PITT

RWhite v NO

DEF (1)

Vikings @ SF

Steelers @ NE

Vikings

Thanks again for the time and the advice :D
Keep your RBs over Norwood.Kevin jones as Flex

Also, I would pick up Travis Henry and drop Selvin now that he is not suspended.

In my dynasty league Caddy has been on the WW for a few weeks and next week is our last week for FA pickups. Do you like him next year over C. Taylor and M. Turner. If I pick him up I have to drop one of the 2 and right now I am thinking Taylor.
I would order them: Turner>Caddy>ChesterI do not know if you could pull it off, but Chester might be tradeable to another owner for a future pick. Then, pick up Caddy. But, at the minimum, I would drop Chester for Caddy ... sooner than later because someone else will have the same idea.
Would you take F. Taylor over caddy for next year.I am in the playoffs and my starting RB's are Gore & McGahee so I am looking more towards next year.
I am not a Caddy fan by any means, but he is more valuable with more upside for future than Fred Taylor.

Which one has the best matchup this week (pick one)

Kolby Smith @ DEN

Justin Fargas @ GB

Ryan Grant vs OAK

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Pick one

Last week i took DET and got big fat -1

BAL vs IND

IND @ BAL

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

this is what on WW

Tennessee vs SD

Arizona @ SEA

Jacksonville vs CAR - hurt me last week vs IND

New Orleans @ATL

SF

ATL

DEN

CLE

MIA

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the help again last week. Got the win and am in. Most of what we covered worked great even Curtis who i didn't have the guts to start did well.

Round 1 of playoffs playing a really good team. Got to get to the final four with a win.

Scoring: rb/wr/te 1 point/20yds (goes up to 2 per 20 at 100 yds) NO PPR

6 pts all td's (except: 9pts for non normal td ie qb rush, rb catch/throw, wr run/throw)

QB (start 1)

Romo @ DET ***

Campbell v CHI

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson @ TEN ***

Kevin Jones v DAL

Fred Taylor v CAR

Chester Taylor @ SF

Gado @ BUF

WR (start 2)

Wayne @ BAL ***

Marshall v KC

Holmes @ NE (health?)

C. Henry v STL

K. Curtis v NYG

R White v NO

TE (start 1)

Shockey @ PHI

D. Lee v OAK

(START 1 FLEX rb/wr/te also)

K

Elam v KC

D/Special Teams (start 1)

Packers v OAK

Broncos v KC

(D - 1 pt per: fumble,INT,sack, 6 pts per TD, -3 30 pts allowed, -6 40pts allowed, -12 50pts allowed.)

I can't rule anyone out this week. with the matchups and the way some of these guys are playing lately,

It's becoming a real crap shoot.

Thanks in advance again for any and all help/advice you can give me!!!

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the help again last week. Got the win and am in. Most of what we covered worked great even Curtis who i didn't have the guts to start did well.

Round 1 of playoffs playing a really good team. Got to get to the final four with a win.

6 pts all td's (except: 9pts for non normal td ie qb rush, rb catch/throw, wr run/throw)

QB (start 1)

Romo @ DET ***

Campbell v CHI

Romo has a GREAT matchup. High Expectations.

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson @ TEN ***

Kevin Jones v DAL

Fred Taylor v CAR

Chester Taylor @ SF

Gado @ BUF

LT and KJ would be my top two. If you are uneasy about KJ, I would look at Chester.

WR (start 2)

Wayne @ BAL ***

Marshall v KC

Holmes @ NE (health?)

C. Henry v STL

K. Curtis v NYG

R White v NO

Wayne is a must start. For me, this comes down to RWite (great atchup) or Curtis

TE (start 1)

Shockey @ PHI

D. Lee v OAK

Lee. Has not done much last two games, but I expect a better game.

Chester, Curtis, or maybe CHenry. I think I would go with Chester here if he is not starting at RB. If you are not comfortable with KJ, then I would go with Curtis.

K

Elam v KC

Packers v OAK

Broncos v KC

(D - 1 pt per: fumble,INT,sack, 6 pts per TD, -3 30 pts allowed, -6 40pts allowed, -12 50pts allowed.)

Packers defense. They will crush Oak, imo

I can't rule anyone out this week. with the matchups and the way some of these guys are playing lately,

good luck.

Which one has the best matchup this week (pick one)

Kolby Smith @ DEN

Justin Fargas @ GB

Ryan Grant vs OAK

Smith and Grant are great matchups. I think I would go with Grant since he is on the better offense and OAK is giving up points in droves. They gave up 150 rush and two TDs to Kolby a few weeks back.

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Pick one

Last week i took DET and got big fat -1

BAL vs IND

IND @ BAL

I think I would go with Indy only because I do not think Bal will play that well for two games straight.

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

this is what on WW

Tennessee vs SD

Arizona @ SEA

Jacksonville vs CAR - hurt me last week vs IND

New Orleans @ATL

SF

ATL

DEN

CLE

MIA

Jeff we start 2 rb and i have 5 ,K Smith, J Fargas, Westbrook, R Grant and J Chatman

what is Chatman value ? Should i drop him and pick up Byyant Johnson? my wr are

we start 3 wr

B Edward- starter

CJ - starter

S Holmes ? inj

J walker- ?

S Rice - Flex

I don"t need Johnson but i don"t want any body to have him . what do you think ?

TEAM 1

RB (2)

KJones v DAL --- Tough D

WR(3)

TE (1)

DEF (1)

Dallas Defense

TEAM 2

RB (2)

S Jackson @ CIN

R Grant v OAK

K Jones v DAL

M Lynch v MIA

WR (3)

Wayne @ BAL

D Branch v ARI

P Crayton @ DET

Welker @ PITT

RWhite v NO

DEF (1)

Vikings @ SF

Steelers @ NE

Vikings

Thanks again for the time and the advice :wall:

Also, I would pick up Travis Henry and drop Selvin now that he is not suspended.
I already grabbed Henry for Selvin :wub: Don't you think he makes a better start than Kevin Jones this week at the flex?

TEAM 1

RB (2)

KJones v DAL --- Tough D

WR(3)

TE (1)

DEF (1)

Dallas Defense

TEAM 2

RB (2)

S Jackson @ CIN

R Grant v OAK

K Jones v DAL

M Lynch v MIA

WR (3)

Wayne @ BAL

D Branch v ARI

P Crayton @ DET

Welker @ PITT

RWhite v NO

DEF (1)

Vikings @ SF

Steelers @ NE

Vikings

Thanks again for the time and the advice :goodposting:

I already grabbed Henry for Selvin :lmao: Don't you think he makes a better start than Kevin Jones this week at the flex?
you are probably right, but I am usually skiddish when I do not know how the situation will play out. It is a great matchup, and Henry appears healthy. The only question is how much Selvin will play. But, Henry is a good start this week. The Chiefs are horrible against the run.

Leo2228 said:
Jeff we start 2 rb and i have 5 ,K Smith, J Fargas, Westbrook, R Grant and J Chatmanwhat is Chatman value ? Should i drop him and pick up Byyant Johnson? my wr are we start 3 wr B Edward- starterCJ - starterS Holmes ? injJ walker- ?S Rice - FlexI don"t need Johnson but i don"t want any body to have him . what do you think ?
I would drop Chatman for BJohnson. The only issue is whether or not Chatman may be used by a competitor. But, with your injuries at WR (and Rice being a rookie), you might find yourself needing Johnson to start one week. Chatman will never start for your team, imo.

which QB this week?

My Gut - Big Ben at Patriots, (assuming PIT will have to score a lot to win)

or

My Head - Brees at Falcons, (Mon night shootout?)

They are both hot right now, and I know Brees has an "easier" matchup for whatever that means in terms of FF points. But I can't seem to seperate my PIT team loyalty enough to go with Brees.

Can you see any reason not to start Brees?

which QB this week?

My Gut - Big Ben at Patriots, (assuming PIT will have to score a lot to win)

or

My Head - Brees at Falcons, (Mon night shootout?)

They are both hot right now, and I know Brees has an "easier" matchup for whatever that means in terms of FF points. But I can't seem to seperate my PIT team loyalty enough to go with Brees.

Can you see any reason not to start Brees?
The only thing I like about Ben is Holmes coming back (probably). But, I would go with Brees just because of the matchup and the lack of a running game. I see the Falcons starting Redman this week because they know they will have to score to keep up with the Saints. The screams of a shootout.

Jeff,

Playoff time vs. #1 team in league (who has Brady, Owens, Wayne but no RBs, which is partly why I'm stashing them).

However, I have an embarrassment of riches at RB as a result:

Pick two (6/TD, 1/10yd):

LT @ TEN

SJax @ CIN

MJD vs. CAR

Graham @ HOU

Grant vs. OAK

Addai @ BAL

Seems to me that Addai is out because of the matchup, and Grant's matchup is particularly tasty. But can I possibly bench LT (semi-tough matchup) or SJax (good matchup) to start Grant?

Also, I've been skating by on waiver-wire TEs. I have Davis now vs. MIN. Should I pick up someone like Lee, Pope, Daniels, or Lewis off of free agency?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff,Playoff time vs. #1 team in league (who has Brady, Owens, Wayne but no RBs, which is partly why I'm stashing them).However, I have an embarrassment of riches at RB as a result:Pick two (6/TD, 1/10yd):LT @ TENSJax @ CINMJD vs. CARGraham @ HOUGrant vs. OAKAddai @ BALSeems to me that Addai is out because of the matchup, and Grant's matchup is particularly tasty. But can I possibly bench LT (semi-tough matchup) or SJax (good matchup) to start Grant?Also, I've been skating by on waiver-wire TEs. I have Davis now vs. MIN. Should I pick up someone like Lee, Pope, Daniels, or Lewis off of free agency?Thanks in advance!
Wow, that is a tough decision. I think you start LT and Grant. I say that because I think the Rams will be passing to keep up with the Bengals. It pains me to say not to start Sjax, and no one could fault you either way. On TEs, I am a big fan of Daniels and Lee. I like each over Davis, for the offensive teams if nothing else. good luck.

Hello Jeff,

QB (start 1)

Romo @ DET ***

Campbell v CHI

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson @ TEN ***

Kevin Jones v DAL

Fred Taylor v CAR

Chester Taylor @ SF

Gado @ BUF

LT and KJ would be my top two. If you are uneasy about KJ, I would look at Chester.

WR (start 2)

Wayne @ BAL ***

Marshall v KC

Holmes @ NE (health?)

C. Henry v STL

K. Curtis v NYG

R White v NO

Wayne is a must start. For me, this comes down to RWite (great atchup) or Curtis

TE (start 1)

Shockey @ PHI

D. Lee v OAK

Chester, Curtis, or maybe CHenry. I think I would go with Chester here if he is not starting at RB. If you are not comfortable with KJ, then I would go with Curtis.

K

Elam v KC

Packers v OAK

Broncos v KC

good luck.
Hey Jeff,I just wanted to touch base with you on your thinking behind(looking at flex spot):

K.Jones- Do you think he'll actually get to carry the ball enough now with Roy out?

F. Taylor- Not enough chances to score or Car D or combo of both?

Curtis - Giants killed Mcnabb last time and Mcnabb's first game back will he be productive

C. Henry - 3rd option to Housh Chad enough production??

Gado, Marshall??

Looking at TE

Also Alge Cumpler is available (was cut last week) would this be a better option than Lee/Shockey or stick with where I am

I could cut the Denver D to get him its more of a should I get and play him or not bother. (I like R. White this week too.)

Just really want to get by this week (nervous) because LT's schedule gets easy and that could roll me all the way through to the title. If i can find a way to win this weekend.

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks

Pick one

Bryant Johnson @ SEA

Sidney Rice @SF

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Jeff, trying to decide between Warner and Redman for this week. As of now I'm thinking if Fitz is good to go I will play Warner if not play Redman with the good matchup. This could be the super bowl for Atlanta and I can see a breakout performance on MNF for Redman, just a hunch.

I'm also the underdog and looking for the highest upside, so I don't see the Warner with much upside between the matchup and without Fitz and Boldin.

What do you think?

Leo2228 said:
Pick one Bryant Johnson @ SEASidney Rice @SFRushing Yards (10 yards per point)Rushing Touchdowns (6)Reception Yards (10 yards per point)Reception Touchdowns (6)
Johnson only because I fail to believe Tarvaris can have three straight good games.

dmac37 said:
Jeff, trying to decide between Warner and Redman for this week. As of now I'm thinking if Fitz is good to go I will play Warner if not play Redman with the good matchup. This could be the super bowl for Atlanta and I can see a breakout performance on MNF for Redman, just a hunch.I'm also the underdog and looking for the highest upside, so I don't see the Warner with much upside between the matchup and without Fitz and Boldin.What do you think?
This is jus a gut feeling, but I think I would go with Redman. He looked good last week.

eddie077 said:
Hello Jeff,

QB (start 1)

Romo @ DET ***

Campbell v CHI

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson @ TEN ***

Kevin Jones v DAL

Fred Taylor v CAR

Chester Taylor @ SF

Gado @ BUF

WR (start 2)

Wayne @ BAL ***

Marshall v KC

Holmes @ NE (health?)

C. Henry v STL

K. Curtis v NYG

R White v NO

TE (start 1)

Shockey @ PHI

D. Lee v OAK

K

Elam v KC

Packers v OAK

Broncos v KC

good luck.
Hey Jeff,I just wanted to touch base with you on your thinking behind(looking at flex spot):

K.Jones- Do you think he'll actually get to carry the ball enough now with Roy out?

F. Taylor- Not enough chances to score or Car D or combo of both?

Curtis - Giants killed Mcnabb last time and Mcnabb's first game back will he be productive

C. Henry - 3rd option to Housh Chad enough production??

Gado, Marshall??

I like KJ (I just expect them to run because they did not last week. I know that sounds odd, but I have a feeling the Lions will want to establish the run ... if they can ... ala Thanksgiving)

I do not really like Curtis or Fred. I do like Marshall. He or Henry would be fine if you were not sold on KJ.

Looking at TE

Also Alge Cumpler is available (was cut last week) would this be a better option than Lee/Shockey or stick with where I am I think Lee or Shockey will do fine

I could cut the Denver D to get him its more of a should I get and play him or not bother. (I like R. White this week too.) I like White more than Alge this week

Just really want to get by this week (nervous) because LT's schedule gets easy and that could roll me all the way through to the title. If i can find a way to win this weekend.

Sorry to be a pain. No sweat. You are no bother at all. That is what I am here for.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread