What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

dmac37 said:
Jeff, trying to decide between Warner and Redman for this week. As of now I'm thinking if Fitz is good to go I will play Warner if not play Redman with the good matchup. This could be the super bowl for Atlanta and I can see a breakout performance on MNF for Redman, just a hunch.I'm also the underdog and looking for the highest upside, so I don't see the Warner with much upside between the matchup and without Fitz and Boldin.What do you think?
This is jus a gut feeling, but I think I would go with Redman. He looked good last week.
Thanks for confirming what I have been thinking.

Jeff,Playoff time vs. #1 team in league (who has Brady, Owens, Wayne but no RBs, which is partly why I'm stashing them).However, I have an embarrassment of riches at RB as a result:Pick two (6/TD, 1/10yd):LT @ TENSJax @ CINMJD vs. CARGraham @ HOUGrant vs. OAKAddai @ BALSeems to me that Addai is out because of the matchup, and Grant's matchup is particularly tasty. But can I possibly bench LT (semi-tough matchup) or SJax (good matchup) to start Grant?Also, I've been skating by on waiver-wire TEs. I have Davis now vs. MIN. Should I pick up someone like Lee, Pope, Daniels, or Lewis off of free agency?Thanks in advance!
Wow, that is a tough decision. I think you start LT and Grant. I say that because I think the Rams will be passing to keep up with the Bengals. It pains me to say not to start Sjax, and no one could fault you either way. On TEs, I am a big fan of Daniels and Lee. I like each over Davis, for the offensive teams if nothing else. good luck.
Thanks for the advice!Do you think LT is still going to put up numbers vs. TEN with Haynesworth back? They're awfully tough vs. the run with him in the lineup.

1st round of the 'offs

Pick 1, Pass TDs = 4, 1 pt. per 25 yards passing

QB - Hass at home vs. ARZ or Big Ben @ NE

Pick 1, 1 pt per 10 yards receiving

WR - KCurtis vs.NYG, Engram vs. ARZ, Crayton @DET

Jeff,Playoff time vs. #1 team in league (who has Brady, Owens, Wayne but no RBs, which is partly why I'm stashing them).However, I have an embarrassment of riches at RB as a result:Pick two (6/TD, 1/10yd):LT @ TENSJax @ CINMJD vs. CARGraham @ HOUGrant vs. OAKAddai @ BALSeems to me that Addai is out because of the matchup, and Grant's matchup is particularly tasty. But can I possibly bench LT (semi-tough matchup) or SJax (good matchup) to start Grant?Also, I've been skating by on waiver-wire TEs. I have Davis now vs. MIN. Should I pick up someone like Lee, Pope, Daniels, or Lewis off of free agency?Thanks in advance!
Wow, that is a tough decision. I think you start LT and Grant. I say that because I think the Rams will be passing to keep up with the Bengals. It pains me to say not to start Sjax, and no one could fault you either way. On TEs, I am a big fan of Daniels and Lee. I like each over Davis, for the offensive teams if nothing else. good luck.
Thanks for the advice!Do you think LT is still going to put up numbers vs. TEN with Haynesworth back? They're awfully tough vs. the run with him in the lineup.
I hear you, but I see LT getting yards, whether on the ground or throught he air. He usually gets his. The only question is how many TDs.

1st round of the 'offsPick 1, Pass TDs = 4, 1 pt. per 25 yards passingQB - Hass at home vs. ARZ or Big Ben @ NEPick 1, 1 pt per 10 yards receivingWR - KCurtis vs.NYG, Engram vs. ARZ, Crayton @DET
I like Hass better with Holmes' status in doubt. Even if Santonio plays, it looks like he will be limited. Also, I do not think Ben can have a huge game, but it is possible for Hass. With the Seahawk RBs struggling, esp SA, I see the Seahawks winning through the air. On the WRs, I like Crayton this week. He has a great matchup and the other two have tough matchups. Curtis has some upside, but Crayton is in a good spot for a good game against the Lions.

Need 3 WR's please. Going up against the top team in the league in the first round of the playoffs and I know Johnson is a given, but I'm unsure whether to start Gage, Holmes, Walker or Toomer.

Justin Gage @ SD

Santonio Holmes @ NE

Javon Walker @ KC

Andre Johnson @ TB

Amani Toomer @ PHI

10 yards = 1 point

1 point per reception

1 TD = 6 points

Last edited by a moderator:
Need 3 WR's please. Going up against the top team in the league in the first round of the playoffs and I know Johnson is a given, but I'm unsure whether to start Gage, Holmes, Walker or Toomer.Justin Gage @ SDSantonio Holmes @ NEJavon Walker @ KCAndre Johnson @ TBAmani Toomer @ PHI10 yards = 1 point1 point per reception1 TD = 6 points
I would start Gage for sure and AJ is a given. The hard one for me is whether you trust Javon Walker against the Chiefs or a nicked up Santonio or take the safe route with Toomer. Holmes is a tough guy to start in a tight game. He will play the Patriots. That is a tough matchup anyway. If you need a solid, safe game I would go with Toomer. I know he is less than sexy buthe might see more targets with Plax nicked up. Starting either of the other two is risky. Holmes probably has the most upside if you are looking for a home run receiver of the three.

Hi Jeff, looking for some lineup help. some decent matchups with mediocre rbs.

Pick 3, no ppr.

Rudi Johnson vs STL

Kolby Smith @ DEN

Fred Taylor vs CAR

Kevin Jones vs DAL

Aaron Stecker @ ATL

Kenny Watson vs STL

Selvin Young vs KC

Bryant Johnson @ SEA

Chris Henry(wr cin) vs STL

Thanks, for the help this year

Week 15

Jeff I won my league today

But ARI Def got me a big fat 0

What do you think the best matchup for week 15 ?

IND @ Oak

TEN @ KC

CIN @ SF

JAX @ PITT

Hou vs DEN

OAK vs IND

BAl @ MIA

CLE vs BUF

NO ve ARI

ARI @ NO

MIA vs BAL

Hi Jeff, looking for some lineup help. some decent matchups with mediocre rbs.

Pick 3, no ppr.

Rudi Johnson vs STL

Kolby Smith @ DEN

Fred Taylor vs CAR

Kevin Jones vs DAL

Aaron Stecker @ ATL

Kenny Watson vs STL

Selvin Young vs KC

Bryant Johnson @ SEA

Chris Henry(wr cin) vs STL

Thanks, for the help this year
Hey Dave, sorry I was not around yesterday. Hoep you won. Jeff

Leo2228 said:
Week 15Jeff I won my league todayBut ARI Def got me a big fat 0What do you think the best matchup for week 15 ?IND @ OakTEN @ KCCIN @ SFJAX @ PITTHou vs DENOAK vs INDBAl @ MIACLE vs BUFNO ve ARIARI @ NOMIA vs BAL
Congrats on the win. The three defenses I like this week are:Cincy if Dilfer is out and Shaun Hill under center. That could be uglyIndy depending who is starting at QB for OAKBalt only if one of the two CBs (Rolle or McAllister) are back and Beck is starting at QB. I expect Balt to show some pride next week.

Leo2228 said:
Week 15Jeff I won my league todayBut ARI Def got me a big fat 0What do you think the best matchup for week 15 ?IND @ OakTEN @ KCCIN @ SFJAX @ PITTHou vs DENOAK vs INDBAl @ MIACLE vs BUFNO ve ARIARI @ NOMIA vs BAL
Congrats on the win. The three defenses I like this week are:Cincy if Dilfer is out and Shaun Hill under center. That could be uglyIndy depending who is starting at QB for OAKBalt only if one of the two CBs (Rolle or McAllister) are back and Beck is starting at QB. I expect Balt to show some pride next week.
If you have to grap one now who would it be? and i will check back with you later in the week on the other two and to see who play and not playingone more i have Rice and B Johnson on my team who do you like this week ?S Ricc vs CHIB Johnson @ NO or WW WR Are Brandon Stokley @ HOUArnez Battle vs CIN

Leo2228 said:
If you have to grap one now who would it be? and i will check back with you later in the week on the other two and to see who play and not playingone more i have Rice and B Johnson on my team who do you like this week ?S Ricc vs CHIB Johnson @ NO or WW WR Are Brandon Stokley @ HOUArnez Battle vs CIN
Cincy defense just because they will make the game into a shootout and the 49ers cannot keep up. Stokely at WR is who I like of the group.

Leo2228 said:
Cincy defense just because they will make the game into a shootout and the 49ers cannot keep up. Stokely at WR is who I like of the group.
Would you drop Rice ? and hear my def scoring system . We start out with 10 point and then if the other team score a lot of point it goes down or up with sack or int or ....... still like CIN ?Sack (1)Interception (2)Fumble Recovery (2)Touchdown (6)Safety (2)Block Kick (2)Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)Points Allowed 0 points (10)Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Leo2228 said:
Would you drop Rice ? and hear my def scoring system . We start out with 10 point and then if the other team score a lot of point it goes down or up with sack or int or ....... still like CIN ?Sack (1)Interception (2)Fumble Recovery (2)Touchdown (6)Safety (2)Block Kick (2)Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)Points Allowed 0 points (10)Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
I would drop BJohnson. On the defense, my thinking is that the 9ers will score 13ish points and give you turnovers. Indy would be my second choice.

Leo2228 said:
I would drop BJohnson. On the defense, my thinking is that the 9ers will score 13ish points and give you turnovers. Indy would be my second choice.
I will drop B Johnson and pick up Stokley and pick up CIN . And then i wll get back with you on this one wed/ Thr

Hey Jeff

My boy Reggie is done for the season, I am headed to the playoffs next week with...

Maroney

Peterson (Chi)

Norwood

I can pick up Kevin Jones (Don't want to he has horrible matchups coming and yesterday was a crazy fluke,,,right?

the week before he went 3 rushes for 1 yd) He is on waivers until the 11th

Fred Jackson has my attention...nice matchups and he will continue to share w Marshawn Lynch--he is available now & I think he will go soon...I am not the only desperate team

Then there is the 3 headed monster who may replace Reggie.......Stecker-Pierre Thomas-Mike Karney?

Should i wait and see how or who shows up in the game vs the Falcons tonight and grab up the best man?

Gado is out there along with Chris Brown

At WR...I am sick of the Crayton rollercoaster...how do you like Gaffney? 7/122/1 he is getting targeted a lot more than stallworth.

would u say bye bye to crayton for him?

I am going to face a guy w Brady

I hope you check in soon buddy!

Greetings Jeff, Playoffs week 15 and 16

I have Kitna, Garrard, Rosenfels,Schaub. Is Edwards or Orton worth anything these next two weeks.

Wayne,Holmes,S. Moss,Henry,Branch,Burress,Furrey are my wr's starting three. Gaffney, Cotchery are on wire.

Any worries about a backup te for Witten?

STart two: Jackson, AP,Lewis for running backs. Hopefully AP's good to go. Do you see Gado or Duckett doing much damage for anyone? .....on wire currently.

Thanks for all the help this year. I may check later in the week for input on who to play. THese next two weeks tell the Tale.

Hey Jeff

My boy Reggie is done for the season, I am headed to the playoffs next week with...

Maroney

Peterson (Chi)

Norwood

I can pick up Kevin Jones (Don't want to he has horrible matchups coming and yesterday was a crazy fluke,,,right?

Fred Jackson has my attention...nice matchups and he will continue to share w Marshawn Lynch--he is available now & I think he will go soon...I am not the only desperate team

Then there is the 3 headed monster who may replace Reggie.......Stecker-Pierre Thomas-Mike Karney?

Should i wait and see how or who shows up in the game vs the Falcons tonight and grab up the best man?

At WR...I am sick of the Crayton rollercoaster...how do you like Gaffney? 7/122/1 he is getting targeted a lot more than stallworth.

Sorry, I lost my power for most of the day due to an ice storm. Ok, I think I would try to pick up two RBs if I could. The two I would go with are Kevin Jones and either Fred Jackson or Darius Walker (Hou). Walker will start Thurs night for the Texans against the Broncos. I would keep Crayton over Gaffney at this point. Hard to rely on any Pat WR other than Welker and Moss.

Greetings Jeff, Playoffs week 15 and 16I have Kitna, Garrard, Rosenfels,Schaub. Is Edwards or Orton worth anything these next two weeks.Wayne,Holmes,S. Moss,Henry,Branch,Burress,Furrey are my wr's starting three. Gaffney, Cotchery are on wire.Any worries about a backup te for Witten?STart two: Jackson, AP,Lewis for running backs. Hopefully AP's good to go. Do you see Gado or Duckett doing much damage for anyone? .....on wire currently.Thanks for all the help this year. I may check later in the week for input on who to play. THese next two weeks tell the Tale.
Congrats on making the playoffs. I would not trust Edwards or Orton. May have to roll with matchups. No worries at tight end as long as waivers are open each week. Neither free agent RB is startable for your team. Two of your RBs have good matchups. And SJax plays the Packers. I would go with Peterson for sure. He plays against the Bears. Lewis versus the Bills and SJax against the Packers is close.

Hey Jeff

Maroney

Peterson (Chi)

Norwood

Sorry, I lost my power for most of the day due to an ice storm. Ok, I think I would try to pick up two RBs if I could. The two I would go with are Kevin Jones and either Fred Jackson or Darius Walker (Hou). Walker will start Thurs night for the Texans against the Broncos. I would keep Crayton over Gaffney at this point. Hard to rely on any Pat WR other than Welker and Moss.
I picked up Stecker and he ran pretty well tonight, he has some nice match-ups the next 2 weeks. Let's hope I get past week 1!I am obviously want to drop Norwood, I still don't get why they don't use this guy more. Kevin Jones is gone.

Jackson is at Cleveland sharing carries, but looks great. I can't lie Walker is still part of a scary Houston RB situation.

Not much else left, I am hoping for some crazy sleeper candidate.

Okay, let me make my final case for dismissing Crayton for Gaffney. Gaffney is being targeted more and more, the Pats face the Jets this week. To be fair my opponent has Romo so I guess I am helping you make your point. :thumbup:

How do you see Berrian doing with his latest QB Orton this week?

I will post my teams and my opponents very soon.

Thanks again!

Jeff hear my team for the playoff and the other guy team how do i look ?

My team

Matt Hasselbeck

Braylon Edwards

CJ

Brandon Stokley

Westbrook

Ryan Grant

Jason Witten

Stephen Gostkowski

Cincinnati

His Team

Drew Brees

Wes Welker

Lee Evans

Joseph Addai

Steven Jackson

Chris Cooley

Chris Henry

Josh Brown

Green Bay

My bench

Rice

K Smith

Fargas

S Holmes

J Chatman

IND- def

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the help once again. My team won easily over a very good squad.

Everything worked fantastic (even guys on my bench had huge games too: not complaining)

Just hoping they can keep it up.

Round 2 of playoffs playing an extremely good team(Manning & AP(min) & Housh especially).

Win gets me to the finals, This week is HUGE!!!

Scoring: rb/wr/te 1 point/20yds (goes up to 2 per 20 at 100 yds) NO PPR

6 pts all td's (except: 9pts for non normal td ie qb rush, rb catch/throw, wr run/throw)

QB (start 1)

Romo v PHI ***

Campbell @ NYG (injured: I should consider getting a backup)

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson v DET ***

Kevin Jones @ SD

Fred Taylor @ PIT

Chester Taylor v CHI

Gado v BAL

WR (start 2)

Wayne @ OAK ***

Marshall @ HOU

Holmes v JAX (health?)

C. Henry @ SF

K. Curtis @ DAL

R White @ TB

TE (start 1)

Shockey v WAS

D. Lee @ STL

(START 1 FLEX rb/wr/te also)

K

Elam @ HOU

J Brown @ CAR

D/Special Teams (start 1)

Packers @ STL

(D - 1 pt per: fumble,INT,sack, 6 pts per TD, -3 30 pts allowed, -6 40pts allowed, -12 50pts allowed.)

Not looking forward to my opponent having ADP(Min) at home v CHI on Monday night. I need to have a good lead and/or if I play Chester hope he can keep up.

Thanks in advance again (and as usual) for any and all help/advice you can give me!!!

Its been great and greatly appreciated.

eddie077 said:
Hello Jeff,

Everything worked fantastic (even guys on my bench had huge games too: not complaining)

Round 2 of playoffs playing an extremely good team(Manning & AP(min) & Housh especially).

6 pts all td's (except: 9pts for non normal td ie qb rush, rb catch/throw, wr run/throw)

QB (start 1)

Romo v PHI ***

Keep Campbell for now.

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson v DET ***

Kevin Jones @ SD

Fred Taylor @ PIT

Chester Taylor v CHI

Gado v BAL

LT and KJ. I think you need the big game (potentially) from KJ

WR (start 2)

Wayne @ OAK ***

Marshall @ HOU

Holmes v JAX (health?)

C. Henry @ SF

K. Curtis @ DAL

R White @ TB

Wayne and Marshall ... easily as long as BM is healthy. Double-check the injury report

TE (start 1)

Shockey v WAS

D. Lee @ STL

DLee

Chester, Curtis or Roddy. I think I would gamble on Chester.

K

Elam @ HOU

J Brown @ CAR

Brown (coinflip either way)

Packers @ STL

Packers, especially if Berlin starts.

(D - 1 pt per: fumble,INT,sack, 6 pts per TD, -3 30 pts allowed, -6 40pts allowed, -12 50pts allowed.)

Not looking forward to my opponent having ADP(Min) at home v CHI on Monday night. I need to have a good lead and/or if I play Chester hope he can keep up.

Thanks in advance again (and as usual) for any and all help/advice you can give me!!!

Leo2228 said:
Jeff hear my team for the playoff and the other guy team how do i look ?My teamMatt Hasselbeck Braylon EdwardsCJBrandon Stokley WestbrookRyan Grant Jason Witten Stephen Gostkowski Cincinnati His TeamDrew Brees Wes Welker Lee Evans Joseph Addai Steven JacksonChris Cooley Chris Henry Josh BrownGreen Bay My benchRiceK SmithFargasS HolmesJ ChatmanIND- def
You have a great shot. Only have to hope against Addai and Sjax going off. Other than that, you look great. You have good RBs, too. It just has the feel of a battle of the backs.

puddy said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hey Jeff

Maroney

Peterson (Chi)

Norwood

I picked up Stecker and he ran pretty well tonight, he has some nice match-ups the next 2 weeks. Let's hope I get past week 1!I am obviously want to drop Norwood, I still don't get why they don't use this guy more. Kevin Jones is gone.

Jackson is at Cleveland sharing carries, but looks great. I can't lie Walker is still part of a scary Houston RB situation.

Not much else left, I am hoping for some crazy sleeper candidate.

Okay, let me make my final case for dismissing Crayton for Gaffney. Gaffney is being targeted more and more, the Pats face the Jets this week. To be fair my opponent has Romo so I guess I am helping you make your point. :rolleyes:

How do you see Berrian doing with his latest QB Orton this week?

I will post my teams and my opponents very soon.

Thanks again!

Berrian is tough to gauge. Good news is that the Viking secondary is horrible. You know I am not a huge Crayton lover, but Gaffney will be tough to rely on ... even moreso than Crayton. Also, the Pats/Jets game will be more of a run-fest than Brady, imo. But who knows. Belichek might want to run it up on the guy that told on him about the spying stuff.I still like Darius Walker over Fred Jackson in PPR. Dayne is not playing. SO, it is Echemandu and Walker only.

eddie077 said:
Hello Jeff,

QB (start 1)

Romo v PHI ***

Keep Campbell for now.

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson v DET ***

Kevin Jones @ SD

Fred Taylor @ PIT

Chester Taylor v CHI

Gado v BAL

WR (start 2)

Wayne @ OAK ***

Marshall @ HOU

Holmes v JAX (health?)

C. Henry @ SF

K. Curtis @ DAL

R White @ TB

Wayne and Marshall ... easily as long as BM is healthy. Double-check the injury report

TE (start 1)

Shockey v WAS

D. Lee @ STL

DLee

K

Elam @ HOU

J Brown @ CAR

Packers @ STL

I think i agree with everything you have there.Another question though.

My opponent had been playing Dayne as his Flex

i have first waivers choice by 8pm tonight then its first come first serve

but we only get one move per week now in the postseason

Should i pick up Darius Walker as a block type move (then i wouldn't have any move left for an emergency) but

He'd probably have to play S. Rice, V jackson, Dangelo Williams or someone he'd pick up (not that theres much available) this week? (HOU v DEN) or am I overthinking this? (Echemandu is also a FA)

eddie077 said:
Hello Jeff,

QB (start 1)

Romo v PHI ***

Keep Campbell for now.

RB (start 2)

Tomlinson v DET ***

Kevin Jones @ SD

Fred Taylor @ PIT

Chester Taylor v CHI

Gado v BAL

WR (start 2)

Wayne @ OAK ***

Marshall @ HOU

Holmes v JAX (health?)

C. Henry @ SF

K. Curtis @ DAL

R White @ TB

TE (start 1)

Shockey v WAS

D. Lee @ STL

DLee

K

Elam @ HOU

J Brown @ CAR

Packers @ STL

I think i agree with everything you have there.Another question though.

My opponent had been playing Dayne as his Flex

i have first waivers choice by 8pm tonight then its first come first serve

but we only get one move per week now in the postseason

Should i pick up Darius Walker as a block type move (then i wouldn't have any move left for an emergency) but

He'd probably have to play S. Rice, V jackson, Dangelo Williams or someone he'd pick up (not that theres much available) this week? (HOU v DEN) or am I overthinking this? (Echemandu is also a FA)
I like Walker only in PPR leagues. He might be doing you a favor starting Walker over Rice (vs Bears) or VJax.

Jeff, what are your feelings for this upcoming rookie draft? I'll likely have the 7th and 13th picks in a rookie draft for a PPR dynasty league.

From a pure value stance (vs. looking at my teams needs), should I use these picks to take players, or trade for some vets.

Thanks!

Hey Wannabe! It's that time of year when all the hard work involved in getting this far often leads to pangs of self doubt when it's all on the line...

:unsure:

QB: Hasselbeck, Warner, Kitna

RB1: Westbrook

RB2: Portis, Gore

WR1: Edwards

WR2: Fitgerald, Galloway, Harrison

TE: Winslow

K: Gostkowski, Graham

D: Giants, Eagles

Bold red indicates sweet matchups, black- just plain old good ones, aaand blue dosen't bode well for my stud RBs

I won my division, got the 1st round bye, and now play the Brady/LT owner for a trip to the big show.

As of now my lineup is as you see it, starters listed first. Your :lol: on this squad?

TIA

:hophead:

Jeff, what are your feelings for this upcoming rookie draft? I'll likely have the 7th and 13th picks in a rookie draft for a PPR dynasty league.From a pure value stance (vs. looking at my teams needs), should I use these picks to take players, or trade for some vets. Thanks!
I will look at it from a different angle:1.07 - RB6, QB1/2, or WR1/2 ..... I think you can get a better veteran. For instance, a WR like Jennings or Roddy White might be better than the WRs in the draft. Also, you might be able to address the QB situation easier via trade for a vet. I will say that unless you can get a top 5-7 QB, you might as well draft a QB. The reasoning is that most QBs outside of that range are all jumbled together and should be cheaper. For instance, why give the 1.07 for a Yince Young when you can get a guy like Schaub for the 1.13. 1.13 - RB8, QB2/3, or WR3/4 ... I would hold this pick unless I got a good fofer. This is the spot in the draft where most will give you little to nothing early on ... until a player slips ... then you can trade. For example, last year because of a trade, I had the 2.01 (13 overall) pick and no one would give me squat for it. But, Brady Quinn slipped to the pick and I was offered Laveranues Coles for the pick. I took it because of what I said above. Unless you can get a top QB, most perform similarly. The 13th pick is probably a QB or WR in most drafts just because that is what slips.Hope this helps.

Hey Wannabe! It's that time of year when all the hard work involved in getting this far often leads to pangs of self doubt when it's all on the line...

:lmao:

QB: Hasselbeck, Warner, Kitna

RB1: Westbrook

RB2: Portis, Gore

WR1: Edwards

WR2: Fitgerald, Galloway, Harrison

TE: Winslow

K: Gostkowski, Graham

D: Giants, Eagles

Bold red indicates sweet matchups, black- just plain old good ones, aaand blue dosen't bode well for my stud RBs

I won my division, got the 1st round bye, and now play the Brady/LT owner for a trip to the big show.

As of now my lineup is as you see it, starters listed first. Your :lol: on this squad?

TIA

:goodposting:
You have a good team. Your studs will get theirs no matter what. You have a few good matchups. I think you have a good shot. Good luck.

Jeff I have a couple of Ques to ask you First

I just pick up Stokley i saw Jabar Gaffney on ww is he a better play than Stokley ?

Jabar Gaffney vs JET

B Stokley @ NO

I have McNabb and Warner i was going to start Warner but i saw Trent Edward on ww who do you like better?

McNabb @ Dal

Warner @ NO

T Edward @ CLE

# I know this i crazy but I have Hassebeck and i saw T Edward on ww who do you like

T Edward@ CLE

Hassebeck @ CAR

I know i keep bring up Edward but CLE give up a lot of point to QB i think the most in the league

Jeff I have a couple of Ques to ask you First I just pick up Stokley i saw Jabar Gaffney on ww is he a better play than Stokley ?Jabar Gaffney vs JETB Stokley @ NO#2 I have McNabb and Warner i was going to start Warner but i saw Trent Edward on ww who do you like better?McNabb @ DalWarner @ NOT Edward @ CLE# I know this i crazy but I have Hassebeck and i saw T Edward on ww who do you like T Edward@ CLEHassebeck @ CARI know i keep bring up Edward but CLE give up a lot of point to QB i think the most in the league
Edwards had one touchdown and five interceptions going into last week's game. I would not consider him with your good options.Warner over McNabb, imo. Starting Gaffney is riskier than Stokely, but with a much higher ceiling. Gaffney has scored in three straight weeks. The more I think on it, I would roll the dice on the ex-Gator Gaffney.

Jeff I have a couple of Ques to ask you First I just pick up Stokley i saw Jabar Gaffney on ww is he a better play than Stokley ?Jabar Gaffney vs JETB Stokley @ NO#2 I have McNabb and Warner i was going to start Warner but i saw Trent Edward on ww who do you like better?McNabb @ DalWarner @ NOT Edward @ CLE# I know this i crazy but I have Hassebeck and i saw T Edward on ww who do you like T Edward@ CLEHassebeck @ CARI know i keep bring up Edward but CLE give up a lot of point to QB i think the most in the league
Edwards had one touchdown and five interceptions going into last week's game. I would not consider him with your good options.Warner over McNabb, imo. Starting Gaffney is riskier than Stokely, but with a much higher ceiling. Gaffney has scored in three straight weeks. The more I think on it, I would roll the dice on the ex-Gator Gaffney.
So should i drop Stokley for Gaffney or i could drop J Chatman this is do or die for me this week ( playoff)I saw Gus Frerotte on ww what do you think of him ?

So should i drop Stokley for Gaffney or i could drop J Chatman this is do or die for me this week ( playoff)I saw Gus Frerotte on ww what do you think of him ?
Drop Stokely and avoid Gus ... Keep Chatman in case you are alice lext week and he is playing

I picked up Mr Darius Walker! Would you drop Maroney for Jackson?

I forgot to ask whether or not you would go with Selvin Young or Travis Henry for the playoff run?

My #3 WR options are a real concern...after Reggie Wayne & Housh I am currently looking at Crayton (rollercoaster) and Berrian (rollercoaster QB's)

Kyle Orton? He is the deep option for the team but I keep coming back to Kyle Orton!

Crayton has Romo, but Romo has T.O., Witten, Barber and they play Philly who will bring everything they can to this game.

This is it week one of the playoffs--if you don't pull off the win this week it's hello consolation game :confused:

The only name other than Gaffney that I see popping up on all the sites is Urbane (AZ) he has a nice matchup vs my Saints

He also has Warner and no matter how many INTS he puts up he keeps throwing the ball

so...help me out here Jeff!

Thanks

I forgot to ask whether or not you would go with Selvin Young or Travis Henry for the playoff run?

My #3 WR options are a real concern...after Reggie Wayne & Housh I am currently looking at Crayton (rollercoaster) and Berrian (rollercoaster QB's)

Kyle Orton? He is the deep option for the team but I keep coming back to Kyle Orton!

Crayton has Romo, but Romo has T.O., Witten, Barber and they play Philly who will bring everything they can to this game.

This is it week one of the playoffs--if you don't pull off the win this week it's hello consolation game :goodposting:

The only name other than Gaffney that I see popping up on all the sites is Urbane (AZ) he has a nice matchup vs my Saints

He also has Warner and no matter how many INTS he puts up he keeps throwing the ball

Thanks
I would keep Maroney at least for now. Crayton, Berrian, and Gaffney are all hit and miss. Gaffney has three straight games with a touchdown. I think I would avoid Berrian for now. It would be between Crayton and Gaffney. That is a tough one.

Pick two

Rudi @ SF

S Young @ HOU

Edge @ NO

K Smith vs TEN

Receiving TD 6 points

Receiving Yards 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Rushing TD 6 points 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Pick one def

IND @ OAK

BAL @ MIA

TB vs ATL

Week 15

IND @ Oak

TEN @ KC

CIN @ SF

JAX @ PITT

Hou vs DEN

OAK vs IND

BAl @ MIA

CLE vs BUF

NO ve ARI

ARI @ NO

MIA vs BAL
Congrats on the win. The three defenses I like this week are:Cincy if Dilfer is out and Shaun Hill under center. That could be ugly

Indy depending who is starting at QB for OAK

Balt only if one of the two CBs (Rolle or McAllister) are back and Beck is starting at QB. I expect Balt to show some pride next week.
If you have to grap one now who would it be? and i will check back with you later in the week on the other two and to see who play and not playingone more i have Rice and B Johnson on my team who do you like this week ?

S Ricc vs CHI

B Johnson @ NO

or WW WR Are

Brandon Stokley @ HOU

Arnez Battle vs CIN
Do still like (CIN @ SF)def the best overIND @ Oak

BAl @ MIA

Heya Jeff! I need your help this week man, playoffs are here and I am currently in 4th barely scratched in with a loss last week thanks to AD. 10 team redraft, scoring and team is in my signature and I need help at QB, WR and Def.

Rosenfels is my starter over garrard, and in a heated moment I dropped Mcnabb...but will pick him back up for next week vs NO. Cutler is on the WW as well as Tavarius Jackson. Would it be worth dropping anyone else for one of them?

At WR I have quite a few. I am starting Colston, Galloway and Gaffney. This is where I need the points. I also have Ward, Holmes, Driver and Gonzalez, (Ind). I know others on my bench are better players but I can't leave anyone with more points on the bench this week. Both Johnson and Urban are on waivers along with a slew of others.

I have Chicago, Dallas, and Tennessee for Def. Gonna start Tenn. Right choice? Jax, Car, Hou still on WW Cin gone though :D

Really need a win this week man, going up against:

Tony Romo

Kevin Curtis

Chad Johnson

Bernard Berrian

LaDainian Tomlinson

Willis McGahee

Owen Daniels

Phil Dawson

New York

Thanks in advance Jeff for all your hard work this season, I know we all appreciate it!!

Pick two

Rudi @ SF

S Young @ HOU

Edge @ NO

K Smith vs TEN

I do not like Edge this week. I think I owuld risk it with Rudi and Selvin ...

Receiving TD 6 points

Pick one def

IND @ OAK

BAL @ MIA

TB vs ATL

I like all three. But, I think I like Indy against josh mccown/russell.

Week 15

IND @ Oak

TEN @ KC

CIN @ SF

JAX @ PITT

Hou vs DEN

OAK vs IND

BAl @ MIA

CLE vs BUF

NO ve ARI

ARI @ NO

MIA vs BAL
Congrats on the win. The three defenses I like this week are:Cincy if Dilfer is out and Shaun Hill under center. That could be ugly

Indy depending who is starting at QB for OAK

Balt only if one of the two CBs (Rolle or McAllister) are back and Beck is starting at QB. I expect Balt to show some pride next week.
If you have to grap one now who would it be? and i will check back with you later in the week on the other two and to see who play and not playingone more i have Rice and B Johnson on my team who do you like this week ?

S Ricc vs CHI

B Johnson @ NO

or WW WR Are

Brandon Stokley @ HOU

Arnez Battle vs CIN
Do still like (CIN @ SF)def the best overIND @ Oak

BAl @ MIA
Close between Indy and Cincy. Both should be good options,.

def2noiz said:
Heya Jeff! I need your help this week man, playoffs are here and I am currently in 4th barely scratched in with a loss last week thanks to AD. 10 team redraft, scoring and team is in my signature and I need help at QB, WR and Def.Rosenfels is my starter over garrard, and in a heated moment I dropped Mcnabb...but will pick him back up for next week vs NO. Cutler is on the WW as well as Tavarius Jackson. Would it be worth dropping anyone else for one of them?At WR I have quite a few. I am starting Colston, Galloway and Gaffney. This is where I need the points. I also have Ward, Holmes, Driver and Gonzalez, (Ind). I know others on my bench are better players but I can't leave anyone with more points on the bench this week. Both Johnson and Urban are on waivers along with a slew of others. I have Chicago, Dallas, and Tennessee for Def. Gonna start Tenn. Right choice? Jax, Car, Hou still on WW Cin gone though :bye:Really need a win this week man, going up against:Tony RomoKevin CurtisChad JohnsonBernard BerrianLaDainian TomlinsonWillis McGaheeOwen DanielsPhil DawsonNew YorkThanks in advance Jeff for all your hard work this season, I know we all appreciate it!!
I like Cutler just a little over Sage, but both are decent options. At WR, Gaffney is a tough one. He has scored three straight games, but still splits time with Stallworth at WR3/4. I like the Tenn defense because I think Croyle stinks. The Bears defense is risky because of Hester and playing against TJax. They could either be huge or stink ....I think you have a legit chance at winning.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Leo2228 said:
Pick two

Rudi @ SF

S Young @ HOU

Edge @ NO

K Smith vs TEN

I do not like Edge this week. I think I would risk it with Rudi and Selvin ...

Receiving TD 6 points

Pick one def

IND @ OAK

BAL @ MIA

TB vs ATL

I like all three. But, I think I like Indy against josh mccown/russell.
Just read where Selvin should be starter in Denver this week.

This is it week one of the playoffs--if you don't pull off the win this week it's hello consolation game :D

Thanks
I would keep Maroney at least for now. Crayton, Berrian, and Gaffney are all hit and miss. Gaffney has three straight games with a touchdown. I think I would avoid Berrian for now. It would be between Crayton and Gaffney. That is a tough one.
A follow up ...Crayton looks to be nicked up with an ankle injury. Here is the link.

def2noiz said:
Heya Jeff! I need your help this week man, playoffs are here and I am currently in 4th barely scratched in with a loss last week thanks to AD. 10 team redraft, scoring and team is in my signature and I need help at QB, WR and Def.Rosenfels is my starter over garrard, and in a heated moment I dropped Mcnabb...but will pick him back up for next week vs NO. Cutler is on the WW as well as Tavarius Jackson. Would it be worth dropping anyone else for one of them?At WR I have quite a few. I am starting Colston, Galloway and Gaffney. This is where I need the points. I also have Ward, Holmes, Driver and Gonzalez, (Ind). I know others on my bench are better players but I can't leave anyone with more points on the bench this week. Both Johnson and Urban are on waivers along with a slew of others. I have Chicago, Dallas, and Tennessee for Def. Gonna start Tenn. Right choice? Jax, Car, Hou still on WW Cin gone though :rolleyes:Really need a win this week man, going up against:Tony RomoKevin CurtisChad JohnsonBernard BerrianLaDainian TomlinsonWillis McGaheeOwen DanielsPhil DawsonNew YorkThanks in advance Jeff for all your hard work this season, I know we all appreciate it!!
I like Cutler just a little over Sage, but both are decent options. At WR, Gaffney is a tough one. He has scored three straight games, but still splits time with Stallworth at WR3/4. I like the Tenn defense because I think Croyle stinks. The Bears defense is risky because of Hester and playing against TJax. They could either be huge or stink ....I think you have a legit chance at winning.
So the guys in the forum think Driver vs STL will do better than Gaffney, but I have had him all year. He has been quite a disappointment so far. Think that will continue?Also snow storm gonna limit Gaffney?

Users who are viewing this thread