What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

Jeff,

Are there any strategy articles for help starting up a new dynasty league that address things like number of teams and players?
not that I know of. I would happy to help in any way. I play in a variety of different leagues and can give input. I would also lok at the thread started by GregR about how to set up a league.
Can you link me to that thread? I have played in a keeper league for a couple of seasons now and would like to try a dynasty league. I saw myfantasyleague.com allows you to sign up free midseason as a tryout and was thinking of starting up a league there. But, I don't know how many teams I need or how large the rosters need to be.
it might be tough/interesting to start a dynasty league midseason .... Jeter23 on this board is the commish of a few of my leagues. Here are the rules: http://football17.myfantasyleague.com/2009...=12580&O=26here is the link: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...0&hl=league

I have Dallas but thay are playing Phi

Which Def is a better play or should i stick with Dallas

this is what on WW

CHI vs ARI

MAI @ NE

CAR @ NO

SF vs TEN

HOU @ IND

Jax vs KC

Jeff,

I drafted K. Smith by mistake and really not sure if he will hold value and has a rough schedule coming up for the rest of this year. This is a PPR dynasty league that starts 2-3 RB and 2-4 WR.

Would you trade K. Smith for Boldin?

I would still have AD, Lynch and Stewart at RB, also love Boldins playoff schedule this year. It comes down to will Boldin bounce back and how much value will Smith have in the next few years.

My RB's & WR's

Forsett, Justin SEA RB

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

McGahee, Willis BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Smith, Kevin DET RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR

Garcon, Pierre IND WR

Harvin, Percy MIN WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Smith, Steve NYG WR

I have Dallas but thay are playing Phi Which Def is a better play or should i stick with Dallasthis is what on WWCHI vs ARIMAI @ NECAR @ NOSF vs TENHOU @ INDJax vs KC
I like SF this week. Tenn comes to SF and Singletary will have them playing well. The 49ers played great against Manning last week.

Jeff,I drafted K. Smith by mistake and really not sure if he will hold value and has a rough schedule coming up for the rest of this year. This is a PPR dynasty league that starts 2-3 RB and 2-4 WR. Would you trade K. Smith for Boldin? I would still have AD, Lynch and Stewart at RB, also love Boldins playoff schedule this year. It comes down to will Boldin bounce back and how much value will Smith have in the next few years.My RB's & WR'sForsett, Justin SEA RB Lynch, Marshawn BUF RBMcGahee, Willis BAL RB Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Ringer, Javon TEN RB Smith, Kevin DET RB Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR Garcon, Pierre IND WR Harvin, Percy MIN WR Jones, Jacoby HOU WR Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR Smith, Steve CAR WR Smith, Steve NYG WR
I like Smith a lot, but would choose Boldin every time. Both are nicked up now, but Boldin is a monster in PPR> He led all receivers in points/game last yr.

Jeff,

I drafted K. Smith by mistake and really not sure if he will hold value and has a rough schedule coming up for the rest of this year. This is a PPR dynasty league that starts 2-3 RB and 2-4 WR.

I would still have AD, Lynch and Stewart at RB, also love Boldins playoff schedule this year. It comes down to will Boldin bounce back and how much value will Smith have in the next few years.

My RB's & WR's

Forsett, Justin SEA RB

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

McGahee, Willis BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Smith, Kevin DET RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Garcon, Pierre IND WR

Harvin, Percy MIN WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Smith, Steve NYG WR
I like Smith a lot, but would choose Boldin every time. Both are nicked up now, but Boldin is a monster in PPR> He led all receivers in points/game last yr.
Thanks JeffJust listened to the Retired Rookie podcast you were on, Great Job- loved all the dynasty talk!

dmac37 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
dmac37 said:
Jeff,

My RB's & WR's

Forsett, Justin SEA RB

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

McGahee, Willis BAL RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Ringer, Javon TEN RB

Smith, Kevin DET RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Garcon, Pierre IND WR

Harvin, Percy MIN WR

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Smith, Steve NYG WR
Thanks JeffJust listened to the Retired Rookie podcast you were on, Great Job- loved all the dynasty talk!
Thanks. Steve and I are in a couple of leagues together. If you ever get a chance to call in, ask him about being Shiancoe-d last year in the finals. He had a huge lead on me from the Saturday games, and I came back with Shiancoe lading the way. I enjoy the conversations with Steve since our styles are so different. I like to learn from others. He is a good dynasty owner.

Hey Jeff, Our League Trade deadline has come and gone. 12:Pm to be exact and 2 trades were done, none by the way involving me :lmao: there has been a total of 27 trades this year in our league between 10 teams crazy huh? but anyways i tried to get Mcnabb but with about 10 minutes to go before 12 he decided slaton was too much of a risk and he wanted my welker. (who scored over 29 points in my league within the past 3 games he played) so i said up his. then i tried to buy low on eli manning, but the owner wasnt available. and then i went down to try and get hasslebeck. it didnt work out either in time for the deadline so i was forced to pick up Terrible Trent Edwards. Now its the home stretch and everyone is on their own now. i'm gonna give you some of the rosters of teams and if you can evaluate them and just give your opinions.

1st place team and my Rival (personally in everything, basketball, madden, video games, girls etc lolz but he's my right hand man though) and his only lost was against me.

He's running with

7-1 with 15 trades

QB: Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Donovan Mcnabb

RB: Adrian Peterson, Kevin Smith, Brian westbrook, Jonathon Stewart,

WR: Steve Smith NYG, Santana Moss, Johnny Knox, Anquan boldin, Donald Driver, Malcom Floyd

TE: VShancoe, Heath Miller

D/St: Colts, Ravens

2nd place and i predicted to actually win the league

QB: Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Matt Hasslebeck

RB:Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Correl Buckhalter, Chester Taylor, Lawrence Maroney

WR:Reggie Wayne, Chad Ochocinco, Andre Johnson, Antonio Bryant, Sidney Rice, Mike Wallace

TE: Jeremy Shockey, Jason Witten

D/St:Eagles, Vikings

The team tied for third and who i'm playing this week 5-3

QB: Drew Brees, Matt Shaub,

RB: DWilliams, ray rice, Mike Bell,Knowshaun moreno, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis

WR:Greg Jennings, Dwane Bowe, Sean Breaston, Torry Holt, Steve Smith (Car) Kevin Walter

TE: Owen Daniels (not anymore) Tony Scheffler, Dustin Keller

D/St: Packers Redskins

And Finally me cuz the other teams really don't matter to me and i don't wanna make you read too much (too late)

I'm At 4-4 tied for 5th but in 6th due to the head to head tie breaker this is my team i plan on rolling into the playoffs and win the 4th championship in this league

QB: Rivers, Vince Young, Matthew Stafford, Trent Edwards

RB: Chris Johnson, Steve Slaton, Pierre Thomas, Lynch, Mccoy, moats

WR: Roddy white, Welker, Fitzgerald, Cotchery, Collie,

TE: Celek, Olsen

D: Jets,

K: Keading

Just want to know what do you think about the teams and there chances in the league despite the records so far, and theres 5 games left in the regular season. with only 7 spots for the playoffs and 1st place bye. also who do you think i should keep for next year (i know early) but i'm thinking of keeping Vince Young, mccoy and celek (all my starters are ineligible for keeper)

Hey Jeff, Our League Trade deadline has come and gone. 12:Pm to be exact and 2 trades were done, none by the way involving me :shrug: there has been a total of 27 trades this year in our league between 10 teams crazy huh? but anyways i tried to get Mcnabb but with about 10 minutes to go before 12 he decided slaton was too much of a risk and he wanted my welker. (who scored over 29 points in my league within the past 3 games he played) so i said up his. then i tried to buy low on eli manning, but the owner wasnt available. and then i went down to try and get hasslebeck. it didnt work out either in time for the deadline so i was forced to pick up Terrible Trent Edwards. Now its the home stretch and everyone is on their own now. i'm gonna give you some of the rosters of teams and if you can evaluate them and just give your opinions.1st place team and my Rival (personally in everything, basketball, madden, video games, girls etc lolz but he's my right hand man though) and his only lost was against me.He's running with7-1 with 15 tradesQB: Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Donovan McnabbRB: Adrian Peterson, Kevin Smith, Brian westbrook, Jonathon Stewart, WR: Steve Smith NYG, Santana Moss, Johnny Knox, Anquan boldin, Donald Driver, Malcom FloydTE: VShancoe, Heath MillerD/St: Colts, Ravens2nd place and i predicted to actually win the leagueQB: Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Matt HasslebeckRB:Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Correl Buckhalter, Chester Taylor, Lawrence MaroneyWR:Reggie Wayne, Chad Ochocinco, Andre Johnson, Antonio Bryant, Sidney Rice, Mike WallaceTE: Jeremy Shockey, Jason WittenD/St:Eagles, VikingsThe team tied for third and who i'm playing this week 5-3QB: Drew Brees, Matt Shaub, RB: DWilliams, ray rice, Mike Bell,Knowshaun moreno, Jamal Lewis, Clinton PortisWR:Greg Jennings, Dwane Bowe, Sean Breaston, Torry Holt, Steve Smith (Car) Kevin WalterTE: Owen Daniels (not anymore) Tony Scheffler, Dustin KellerD/St: Packers RedskinsAnd Finally me cuz the other teams really don't matter to me and i don't wanna make you read too much (too late)I'm At 4-4 tied for 5th but in 6th due to the head to head tie breaker this is my team i plan on rolling into the playoffs and win the 4th championship in this leagueQB: Rivers, Vince Young, Matthew Stafford, Trent EdwardsRB: Chris Johnson, Steve Slaton, Pierre Thomas, Lynch, Mccoy, moatsWR: Roddy white, Welker, Fitzgerald, Cotchery, Collie,TE: Celek, OlsenD: Jets, K: KeadingJust want to know what do you think about the teams and there chances in the league despite the records so far, and theres 5 games left in the regular season. with only 7 spots for the playoffs and 1st place bye. also who do you think i should keep for next year (i know early) but i'm thinking of keeping Vince Young, mccoy and celek (all my starters are ineligible for keeper)
I like your team and the 2nd place team best. Team1 could be hurting with 3 injury-prone QBs and iffy RBs. Team 2 has great WRs and two hot Qbs. Hist team will depend on Turner/SJax. All four are close. You are stacked at RB and need QB2 to get hot. You should be ok just playing matchups each week. Team3 is carried by the QBs. He will be in trouble if one goes down. I do not like the rest of the roster other than Rice. His WRs are slumping and probably killing him each week. You have a decent chance. Just need to get hot at right time.For keepers, I would keep Stafford (if you can) over VY. I do not think he will be in Tenn for 2010. I like McCoy a lot going forward. If you can keep Lynch or Pierre I would do it. Even though Celek has been productive, I do not think the Eagles love him/appreciate his abilities.

Hey Jeff, Our League Trade deadline has come and gone. 12:Pm to be exact and 2 trades were done, none by the way involving me :tumbleweed: there has been a total of 27 trades this year in our league between 10 teams crazy huh? but anyways i tried to get Mcnabb but with about 10 minutes to go before 12 he decided slaton was too much of a risk and he wanted my welker. (who scored over 29 points in my league within the past 3 games he played) so i said up his. then i tried to buy low on eli manning, but the owner wasnt available. and then i went down to try and get hasslebeck. it didnt work out either in time for the deadline so i was forced to pick up Terrible Trent Edwards. Now its the home stretch and everyone is on their own now. i'm gonna give you some of the rosters of teams and if you can evaluate them and just give your opinions.1st place team and my Rival (personally in everything, basketball, madden, video games, girls etc lolz but he's my right hand man though) and his only lost was against me.He's running with7-1 with 15 tradesQB: Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Donovan McnabbRB: Adrian Peterson, Kevin Smith, Brian westbrook, Jonathon Stewart, WR: Steve Smith NYG, Santana Moss, Johnny Knox, Anquan boldin, Donald Driver, Malcom FloydTE: VShancoe, Heath MillerD/St: Colts, Ravens2nd place and i predicted to actually win the leagueQB: Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Matt HasslebeckRB:Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Correl Buckhalter, Chester Taylor, Lawrence MaroneyWR:Reggie Wayne, Chad Ochocinco, Andre Johnson, Antonio Bryant, Sidney Rice, Mike WallaceTE: Jeremy Shockey, Jason WittenD/St:Eagles, VikingsThe team tied for third and who i'm playing this week 5-3QB: Drew Brees, Matt Shaub, RB: DWilliams, ray rice, Mike Bell,Knowshaun moreno, Jamal Lewis, Clinton PortisWR:Greg Jennings, Dwane Bowe, Sean Breaston, Torry Holt, Steve Smith (Car) Kevin WalterTE: Owen Daniels (not anymore) Tony Scheffler, Dustin KellerD/St: Packers RedskinsAnd Finally me cuz the other teams really don't matter to me and i don't wanna make you read too much (too late)I'm At 4-4 tied for 5th but in 6th due to the head to head tie breaker this is my team i plan on rolling into the playoffs and win the 4th championship in this leagueQB: Rivers, Vince Young, Matthew Stafford, Trent EdwardsRB: Chris Johnson, Steve Slaton, Pierre Thomas, Lynch, Mccoy, moatsWR: Roddy white, Welker, Fitzgerald, Cotchery, Collie,TE: Celek, OlsenD: Jets, K: KeadingJust want to know what do you think about the teams and there chances in the league despite the records so far, and theres 5 games left in the regular season. with only 7 spots for the playoffs and 1st place bye. also who do you think i should keep for next year (i know early) but i'm thinking of keeping Vince Young, mccoy and celek (all my starters are ineligible for keeper)
I like your team and the 2nd place team best. Team1 could be hurting with 3 injury-prone QBs and iffy RBs. Team 2 has great WRs and two hot Qbs. Hist team will depend on Turner/SJax. All four are close. You are stacked at RB and need QB2 to get hot. You should be ok just playing matchups each week. Team3 is carried by the QBs. He will be in trouble if one goes down. I do not like the rest of the roster other than Rice. His WRs are slumping and probably killing him each week. You have a decent chance. Just need to get hot at right time.For keepers, I would keep Stafford (if you can) over VY. I do not think he will be in Tenn for 2010. I like McCoy a lot going forward. If you can keep Lynch or Pierre I would do it. Even though Celek has been productive, I do not think the Eagles love him/appreciate his abilities.
Wow thats really scary that you like stafford over vy just because i've heard talks about the lions maybe going to bradford or another qb and trading stafford. and celek yes thats exactly my thoughts on celek that they don't appreciate him but eagles are always on there pass first stuff and with some hope being seen with Kolb maybe starting kolb would be incredible to celek. I see vy still playing in tenn though. i think they'll find him weapons and he'll do alright to finish the season. but no matter where he goes this guy is an athlete and he has skill. do you really see him being picked up by another team and then benched?And yea i really liked the 2nd place team. In my espn league we do league polls (im commish) and they are just random questions that the managers answer every week and i'd say weeks ago, like around week 3 or 4, 5 i asked them which teams do they think they'll see in the championship and our two teams got the most votes. i do say that its good to hear you agree even at week 8 and with my wack record. And yea i need my 2nd qb to be hot but thats only if my rb situation doesn't worsen with slatons fumbleitis. then i'd start thomas but he's splitting with bell and less importantly bush. either way the two running backs schedules are really nice. and their offenses are the 2 most potent offenses in the game.also heres my uncles team. i didn't mention his team before but i just thought you should see it. I've been helping him get the ropes of fantasy football this whole year. teaching him alot of things and even sacrificing adding players on my own team for his benefit. he started off the season 0-5 and got hot within the past 3 weeks and is 3-5. he beat the then 1st place team (which is the current 2nd place team we like) But pretty much you might shake your head in shame to see this team, but he really blew the draft and i had to work hard to get him to even 3 wins.His Team is As followsQB: Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, Josh Freeman, Daunte Cullpepper (Dropable but he hasnt dropped him yet very deep rosters so he has the space sorta)RB: Lt, Thomas Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Ryan Grant, Reggie Bush, Jerome HarrisonWR:Marques Colston, Hines Ward, Mark Clayton, Kenny Brit, Julian Edleman (yea i know he'll only start 2 recievers the rest of the year with the exception of edleman when hes backTE: Jermichael Finley, Marcedes LewisD/St: We use the fa pool every week for this position its been the falcons some times, Miami dolphins but this week we havent decided yetK: TynesAnyways, for his team he's really struggling at the te position and i believe he has a team full of players that need to be really hot to win. what do you think of his team. i pick him as our leagues cinderella but he's sitting at 8th cuz of his tie breaker with someone else at 7th. what are his chances who should he go with. I don't know if you remember, Start 2 qb, 2 rb, 1 rb/wr 2 wr's 1 te a few idps

Hi Jeff.

I’m thinking about taking a flyer to upgrade at QB and WR.

This owner is 3-4. I’m only 5-3, and my QB and WR2 play is fairly weak.

I’m toying with offering Ronnie Brown and Hasselbeck for Brady and Welker.

Of course I’m not sure he’d even consider trading his number 1 QB, but he is weak at RB, and this way he’d have a possible upgrade at RB, while dropping at QB to either Eli or Matt.

I’d finally have a decent QB, and Welker teamed with Roddy White could be fun.

Is this a reasonable effort to improve my team, or “not so much”? My real targets here are a QB and WR, and Brady is by far the best option out there as far as QBs on teams that might consider a trade. I’d prefer Colston on the WR side, but figure that’s “no way”, and that of the other WRs on his squad, Welker is probably the most consistent. Is there anything here that piques your interest, or is this about as good as I could do?

Thanks again.

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster.

Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving.

Thanks again.

My Team:

QB: Hasselbeck, Garrard

RB: AP, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Lynch, Chester Taylor

WR: Roddy White, B Edwards, Berrian, Mark Clayton, Bobby Wade (bye wks 9!)

TE: Vernon Davis

DEF: Phil, GB

K: Tynes

His Team:

QB: Brady, Eli Manning

RB: DeAngelo, LJ, FWP, Lendale, Coffee, E Graham, Maurice Morris

WR: Colston, Welker, Driver, Crabtree, Earl Bennett

TE: Gonzalez

DEF: Ravens, Bills

K: Folk

Hi Jeff, i'm back again here after 4 weeks because i need once again you FF Wisdom.

I Play in a 16 Teams Dynasty League (with 85.0 Millions Salary Cap and 38 Total Contract Years) which is more a Keeper League (I cannot give to a Player a contract Longer than 3 Years) than a Standard Dynasty League.

Roster is: 2QB / 2TE / 2PK / 3DL / 3LB / 3DB + 8 Total Players for WR & RB Position (Minimum 2 for position, so i can have 6/2, 5/3 or 4/4)

Starting: 1QB / 1RB / 1WR / 1 TE / 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) / 2DL / 2 LB / 2DB / 1 DEFENSIVE FLEX (DL/LB/DB)

My Roster is:

QB - M. Ryan - 3.0 M / 2 CY (Contract Years)

QB - M. Vick - 2.5 M / 2 CY

RB - F. Jones - 4.0 M / 2 CY

RB - L. McCoy - 8.0 M / 3 CY

RB - J. Davis - 5.5 M / 2 CY

RB - J. Lewis - 4.0 M / 1 CY

WR - M. Sims-Walker - 5.0 M / 3CY

WR - P. Harvin - 4.0 M / 3CY

WR - M. Austin - 3.5 M / 2CY

WR - E. Royal - 0.5 M / 3CY

TE - T. Heap - 2.0 M / 1CY

TE - T. Beckum - 0.5 M / 3CY

PK - DL - LB - DB (All of them at minimum Salary and with 1CY, since i'm rebuilding).

When a Contract Expires i can:

-Put a Franchise Tag on the player or on the two player i want to keep (I will keep him for an additional year with the highest Salary, then i will lose him).

-Use a Rookie Option (can be used only on Players Drafted during Draft Day) and keep him fort 2 additional years with the highest Salary in his same Position.

Theese are My Questions:

1) Matt Ryan and Felix Jones are Very Good Players but they aren't Studs. Will you move them for an equal or weaker player whith a less expensive 3 Years Contract, or will you put on them the "Rookie Option"? (Approx Ryan will cost me 15.0 M and Felix 25.0 M, which seems to much to me).

2) I Can Relase Travis Beckum and Pick Up Jermicheal Finley? Do you See any benefit in doing this? Is NYG Passing Attack going to have a new Jeremy Shockey? Is Beckum going to be the starter within next year?

3) The Owner of a weak them is offering me his First Round Pick (Could Be Between 1.03 and 1.04) for Miles Austin. Will You Do This Trade? Or will you Try to Move Austin & Ryan in exchange for the 1st Round Pick and Matt Schaub (wich has a 4.0 M 3 Years Contract)?

Thank you for your kind Help!

Hey Jeff, Our League Trade deadline has come and gone. 12:Pm to be exact and 2 trades were done, none by the way involving me :thumbdown: there has been a total of 27 trades this year in our league between 10 teams crazy huh? but anyways i tried to get Mcnabb but with about 10 minutes to go before 12 he decided slaton was too much of a risk and he wanted my welker. (who scored over 29 points in my league within the past 3 games he played) so i said up his. then i tried to buy low on eli manning, but the owner wasnt available. and then i went down to try and get hasslebeck. it didnt work out either in time for the deadline so i was forced to pick up Terrible Trent Edwards. Now its the home stretch and everyone is on their own now. i'm gonna give you some of the rosters of teams and if you can evaluate them and just give your opinions.

1st place team and my Rival (personally in everything, basketball, madden, video games, girls etc lolz but he's my right hand man though) and his only lost was against me.

He's running with

7-1 with 15 trades

QB: Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Donovan Mcnabb

RB: Adrian Peterson, Kevin Smith, Brian westbrook, Jonathon Stewart,

WR: Steve Smith NYG, Santana Moss, Johnny Knox, Anquan boldin, Donald Driver, Malcom Floyd

TE: VShancoe, Heath Miller

D/St: Colts, Ravens

2nd place and i predicted to actually win the league

QB: Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Matt Hasslebeck

RB:Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, Correl Buckhalter, Chester Taylor, Lawrence Maroney

WR:Reggie Wayne, Chad Ochocinco, Andre Johnson, Antonio Bryant, Sidney Rice, Mike Wallace

TE: Jeremy Shockey, Jason Witten

D/St:Eagles, Vikings

The team tied for third and who i'm playing this week 5-3

QB: Drew Brees, Matt Shaub,

RB: DWilliams, ray rice, Mike Bell,Knowshaun moreno, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis

WR:Greg Jennings, Dwane Bowe, Sean Breaston, Torry Holt, Steve Smith (Car) Kevin Walter

TE: Owen Daniels (not anymore) Tony Scheffler, Dustin Keller

D/St: Packers Redskins

And Finally me cuz the other teams really don't matter to me and i don't wanna make you read too much (too late)

I'm At 4-4 tied for 5th but in 6th due to the head to head tie breaker this is my team i plan on rolling into the playoffs and win the 4th championship in this league

TE: Celek, Olsen

Just want to know what do you think about the teams and there chances in the league despite the records so far, and theres 5 games left in the regular season. with only 7 spots for the playoffs and 1st place bye. also who do you think i should keep for next year (i know early) but i'm thinking of keeping Vince Young, mccoy and celek (all my starters are ineligible for keeper)
Wow thats really scary that you like stafford over vy just because i've heard talks about the lions maybe going to bradford or another qb and trading stafford. and celek yes thats exactly my thoughts on celek that they don't appreciate him but eagles are always on there pass first stuff and with some hope being seen with Kolb maybe starting kolb would be incredible to celek. I see vy still playing in tenn though. i think they'll find him weapons and he'll do alright to finish the season. but no matter where he goes this guy is an athlete and he has skill. do you really see him being picked up by another team and then benched?

Tenn owes VY something like $15 MILL next yr, so that is why I doubt they will pay it .. Tenn is a cheap franchise.

And yea i really liked the 2nd place team. In my espn league we do league polls (im commish) and they are just random questions that the managers answer every week and i'd say weeks ago, like around week 3 or 4, 5 i asked them which teams do they think they'll see in the championship and our two teams got the most votes. i do say that its good to hear you agree even at week 8 and with my wack record. And yea i need my 2nd qb to be hot but thats only if my rb situation doesn't worsen with slatons fumbleitis. then i'd start thomas but he's splitting with bell and less importantly bush. either way the two running backs schedules are really nice. and their offenses are the 2 most potent offenses in the game.

also heres my uncles team. i didn't mention his team before but i just thought you should see it. I've been helping him get the ropes of fantasy football this whole year. teaching him alot of things and even sacrificing adding players on my own team for his benefit. he started off the season 0-5 and got hot within the past 3 weeks and is 3-5. he beat the then 1st place team (which is the current 2nd place team we like) But pretty much you might shake your head in shame to see this team, but he really blew the draft and i had to work hard to get him to even 3 wins.

His Team is As follows

QB: Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, Josh Freeman, Daunte Cullpepper (Dropable but he hasnt dropped him yet very deep rosters so he has the space sorta)

RB: Lt, Thomas Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Ryan Grant, Reggie Bush, Jerome Harrison

WR:Marques Colston, Hines Ward, Mark Clayton, Kenny Brit, Julian Edleman (yea i know he'll only start 2 recievers the rest of the year with the exception of edleman when hes back

TE: Jermichael Finley, Marcedes Lewis

D/St: We use the fa pool every week for this position its been the falcons some times, Miami dolphins but this week we havent decided yet

Anyways, for his team he's really struggling at the te position and i believe he has a team full of players that need to be really hot to win. what do you think of his team. i pick him as our leagues cinderella but he's sitting at 8th cuz of his tie breaker with someone else at 7th. what are his chances who should he go with.

I don't know if you remember, Start 2 qb, 2 rb, 1 rb/wr 2 wr's 1 te a few idps

At TE, I would suggest Fred Davis of Washington, who will be decent for 3-4 weeks covering for the injured Cooley. I think his chances hinge on the QBs (which are very inconsistent) and Tomlinson. He has some good players. He should make playoffs, but would be hard-pressed to win a few in a row for title.

Hey, I like it for you, upgrading QB/WR. I would try this deal, even if you have to add Edwards to the deal. Upgrades starters at QB/WR and you have good depth at RB. I would try and see. If rejected, ask what you have to add.

Hi Jeff. I’m thinking about taking a flyer to upgrade at QB and WR.This owner is 3-4. I’m only 5-3, and my QB and WR2 play is fairly weak. I’m toying with offering Ronnie Brown and Hasselbeck for Brady and Welker. Of course I’m not sure he’d even consider trading his number 1 QB, but he is weak at RB, and this way he’d have a possible upgrade at RB, while dropping at QB to either Eli or Matt.I’d finally have a decent QB, and Welker teamed with Roddy White could be fun. Is this a reasonable effort to improve my team, or “not so much”? My real targets here are a QB and WR, and Brady is by far the best option out there as far as QBs on teams that might consider a trade. I’d prefer Colston on the WR side, but figure that’s “no way”, and that of the other WRs on his squad, Welker is probably the most consistent. Is there anything here that piques your interest, or is this about as good as I could do?Thanks again.12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving.Thanks again.My Team:QB: Hasselbeck, GarrardRB: AP, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Lynch, Chester Taylor WR: Roddy White, B Edwards, Berrian, Mark Clayton, Bobby Wade (bye wks 9!)TE: Vernon DavisDEF: Phil, GBK: TynesHis Team:QB: Brady, Eli Manning RB: DeAngelo, LJ, FWP, Lendale, Coffee, E Graham, Maurice Morris WR: Colston, Welker, Driver, Crabtree, Earl Bennett TE: Gonzalez DEF: Ravens, BillsK: Folk

Hi Jeff, i'm back again here after 4 weeks because i need once again you FF Wisdom.

I Play in a 16 Teams Dynasty League (with 85.0 Millions Salary Cap and 38 Total Contract Years) which is more a Keeper League (I cannot give to a Player a contract Longer than 3 Years) than a Standard Dynasty League.

Roster is: 2QB / 2TE / 2PK / 3DL / 3LB / 3DB + 8 Total Players for WR & RB Position (Minimum 2 for position, so i can have 6/2, 5/3 or 4/4)

Starting: 1QB / 1RB / 1WR / 1 TE / 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) / 2DL / 2 LB / 2DB / 1 DEFENSIVE FLEX (DL/LB/DB)

My Roster is:

PK - DL - LB - DB (All of them at minimum Salary and with 1CY, since i'm rebuilding).

-Put a Franchise Tag on the player or on the two player i want to keep (I will keep him for an additional year with the highest Salary, then i will lose him).

-Use a Rookie Option (can be used only on Players Drafted during Draft Day) and keep him fort 2 additional years with the highest Salary in his same Position.

Theese are My Questions:

1) Matt Ryan and Felix Jones are Very Good Players but they aren't Studs. Will you move them for an equal or weaker player whith a less expensive 3 Years Contract, or will you put on them the "Rookie Option"? (Approx Ryan will cost me 15.0 M and Felix 25.0 M, which seems to much to me). I would put rookie option on Ryan. Some love the guy (way more than I do) and I would trade Felix Jones for a player I liked better who is cheaper.

2) I Can Relase Travis Beckum and Pick Up Jermicheal Finley? Do you See any benefit in doing this? Is NYG Passing Attack going to have a new Jeremy Shockey? Is Beckum going to be the starter within next year? I like Beckum a ton, but would prefer Finley easily

3) The Owner of a weak them is offering me his First Round Pick (Could Be Between 1.03 and 1.04) for Miles Austin. Will You Do This Trade? Or will you Try to Move Austin & Ryan in exchange for the 1st Round Pick and Matt Schaub (wich has a 4.0 M 3 Years Contract)? I think Austin is worth far more than the pick (esp since he is cheap) so it is up to the QBs. I still would pass.

Let me know if I missed anything. Good luck. I would still look at trading Austin, I just would want more. He was traded for a high first and MBarber in one of my leagues to give you an idea.

Hey thanks for the responses another question what is a redraft league? And where do I find them? Also when doing a keeper league I just started on espn and wondered how do they enforce the keeper leagues usually I know that you lose a draft pick before or two picks before where the keeper was picked up. So how are these enforced? I'm guessing it's all manually and I have to force the team to pick up their keeper when they need to.

Hey thanks for the responses another question what is a redraft league? And where do I find them? Also when doing a keeper league I just started on espn and wondered how do they enforce the keeper leagues usually I know that you lose a draft pick before or two picks before where the keeper was picked up. So how are these enforced? I'm guessing it's all manually and I have to force the team to pick up their keeper when they need to.
a redraft league is one that you draft all players each yearthere are a few types of keeper leagues: a. keep 2-4 players, give up the round the player was picked (or some make you give up two rounds earlier). For example, if you drafted Benson in the 8th, he would cost a 6th to keep. In these leagues, most players kept are RBs. b. keep 2-5 players without regard to where picked in draft. In some, you give up a pick per player kept, you can keep 2 and lose first two rounds' picks or keep 4 and lose first four rounds picks.I do not know how ESPN or Yahoo handle it.

Hello again Jeff!

I see that Dodds has Kolby Smith rated quite highly this week. Is he back from the PUP and worth taking a flyer on this weekend? I have five players on bye this week, and would love to find a RB that might get half a dozen points somehow. Is Kolby the choice?

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster.

Thanks again.

My Team:

Hello again Jeff!I see that Dodds has Kolby Smith rated quite highly this week. Is he back from the PUP and worth taking a flyer on this weekend? I have five players on bye this week, and would love to find a RB that might get half a dozen points somehow. Is Kolby the choice?12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving.Thanks again.My Team:QB: Hasselbeck, GarrardRB: AP, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Lynch, Chester Taylor WR: Roddy White, B Edwards, Berrian, Mark Clayton, Bobby Wade (bye wks 9!)TE: Vernon DavisDEF: Phil, GBK: Tynes
I see a lot of the Chiefs, and do not like Smith much. He averages 3 yards a carry. Yes, he may get some carries, but you have to hope for a TD. I think Moats is a much better option.

Thanks again Jeff. Moats got swallowed up right away on our WW, so I'm sorta paddling in circles again. My choices for my final roster spot (WR/RB) probably come down to either Kolby Smith, or maybe WR Bobby Wade. It's a cold, cruel world out there!

Hmmm - just noticed that Malcolm Floyd and Devin Thomas are available too. Do you get a strong sense for any one of these guys?

Thanks again.

My Team:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again Jeff. Moats got swallowed up right away on our WW, so I'm sorta paddling in circles again. My choices for my final roster spot (WR/RB) probably come down to either Kolby Smith, or maybe WR Bobby Wade. It's a cold, cruel world out there!Hmmm - just noticed that Malcolm Floyd and Devin Thomas are available too. Do you get a strong sense for any one of these guys?12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving.Thanks again.My Team:QB: Hasselbeck, GarrardRB: AP, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Lynch, Chester Taylor WR: Roddy White, B Edwards, Berrian, Mark Clayton, Bobby Wade (bye wks 9!)TE: Vernon DavisDEF: Phil, GBK: Tynes
I like Floyd ok and Wade will be decent if Chambers does not play. Both have decent matchups. Also, keep an eye on Kevin Smith's injury. If he is limited, Maurice Morris could be very playable.

Hey Jeff,

I just wanted to get your opinion on my WR's--I start 3 weekly in my PPR league

Calvin Johnson

Derrick Mason

Roddy White

Sidney Rice

Hakeem Nicks

Should I stand pat or consider dropping Nicks for Michael Crabtree?

I lost Owen Daniels which this season was like losing a top WR :thumbup:

Thanks!

Jeff having a had time picking 2 more wr this week and qb

Pick one

Garrard vs KC

Cutler vs ARI

pick two ( to go along side Wes walker and DeSean jackson)

Hester vs ARI

S Smith (nyg) vs SD

JJ Maclin vs DAL

Jeff having a had time picking 2 more wr this week and qbPick one Garrard vs KCCutler vs ARI pick two ( to go along side Wes walker and DeSean jackson)Hester vs ARIS Smith (nyg) vs SDJJ Maclin vs DAL
Cutler versus Garrard is a tough one. Both are great options. I think i would lean toward Cutler because my fear w/ Jax is that they will get the lead and pound the ball where Chicago/Arizona could be a shootout. The Cardinal pass defense actually made Delhomme look decent last week.At WR, I would choose Hester for sure. Between the other two, I think Smith gets more receptions, but Maclin as the better (even if remote) chance at a big game.

Hey Jeff,

I just wanted to get your opinion on my WR's--I start 3 weekly in my PPR league

Calvin Johnson

Derrick Mason

Roddy White

Sidney Rice

Hakeem Nicks

Should I stand pat or consider dropping Nicks for Michael Crabtree?

I lost Owen Daniels which this season was like losing a top WR :lmao:

Thanks!
Roddy White is a gimme. Minny is off this week so we need three others. I think I would sit Calvin just because he is still a game time decision. If he was full strength I would say start him. So, Mason and Nicks starting at the other two spots. Right now, I like Nicks over Crabs ... just better situation. If looking for a backup TE, and pickings are slim, you might consider Fred Davis

Hey Jeff. Back for some more good advice.

14 Team, PPR, 3 player keeper league

QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / TE

I currently am rolling with Carlson and Winslow at TE and reliably start the wrong one on a given week.

I'm shoring up my team with some trades as we approach the deadline for a playoff run (I'm currently 1st in the division) and am looking to make an offer for Tony Gonzalez from an owner who is out of the playoffs.

Do you think Gonzalez is enough of an upgrade to warrant giving up a decent pick for next year? I offered a 7th round pick (again 3 player keeper league) and he rejected it. I was thinking of upping my offer to a 6th (FWIW, I no longer have my 5th from a previous trade for Jacobs) but don't think I want to go higher than that.

I know Winslow is a crap shoot at this point depending on how Freeman does but he seems a risk to count on going forward.

Thanks for the advice, Jeff.

Hey Jeff quick question. i did pick up trent edwards in my desperate qb times. Do you really like trent more than trent edwards more than vince young? Or is that just a non trust of vince young? how many games would it take for me to be able to trust him considering her really does have a tough matchup against the "we're gonna go out and punch people in the mouth" Singletary 49ers. This might be a battle of possesion considering the Gore/Johnson factor but i guess we're seeing now that the 9ers actually do have something with mr. Crabtree. so its may just take one game for anyone to put their trust in VY but if he "gets punched in the mouth" how comfortable could one feel starting trent edwards even over matt stafford

TE: Celek, Olsen`

Hey Jeff quick question. i did pick up trent edwards in my desperate qb times. Do you really like trent more than trent edwards more than vince young? Or is that just a non trust of vince young? how many games would it take for me to be able to trust him considering her really does have a tough matchup against the "we're gonna go out and punch people in the mouth" Singletary 49ers. This might be a battle of possesion considering the Gore/Johnson factor but i guess we're seeing now that the 9ers actually do have something with mr. Crabtree. so its may just take one game for anyone to put their trust in VY but if he "gets punched in the mouth" how comfortable could one feel starting trent edwards even over matt staffordQB: Rivers, Vince Young, Matthew Stafford, Trent EdwardsRB: Chris Johnson, Steve Slaton, Pierre Thomas, Lynch, Mccoy, moatsWR: Roddy white, Welker, Fitzgerald, Cotchery, Collie,TE: Celek, Olsen`D: Jets, K: Keading
I would keep all four for now, but would think about starting Stafford over VY this week. He outscored him last week even with VY having a juicy matchup against Jax. Stafford gets a great matchup this week while VY has a tough one.

Hey Jeff. Back for some more good advice.

14 Team, PPR, 3 player keeper league

QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / TE

I currently am rolling with Carlson and Winslow at TE and reliably start the wrong one on a given week.

I'm shoring up my team with some trades as we approach the deadline for a playoff run (I'm currently 1st in the division) and am looking to make an offer for Tony Gonzalez from an owner who is out of the playoffs.

Do you think Gonzalez is enough of an upgrade to warrant giving up a decent pick for next year? I offered a 7th round pick (again 3 player keeper league) and he rejected it. I was thinking of upping my offer to a 6th (FWIW, I no longer have my 5th from a previous trade for Jacobs) but don't think I want to go higher than that.

I know Winslow is a crap shoot at this point depending on how Freeman does but he seems a risk to count on going forward.

Thanks for the advice, Jeff.
I would give the 6th and maybe ask for 10th rounder coming back. I wonder if you could trade Winslow straight up for Heath Miller or Celek and keep the pick.

Hey jeff i was looking at the numbers. and sanfranciscos pass defense is ranked a lot lower than seattles is. so with staff facing sea and vy facing san fran why did you pick staff? idk maybe im looking too into the numbers but now with the talks of kevin smith being injured. how does that affect stafford.

Whose got the best chance to score?

3 pts per catch, 1pt per YARD, 60 per td, bonus for length.

PICK 2

OchoCinco vs Baltimore

Bowe @ JAX

Marshall vs Pitt

I'm starting Jennings @ TB

I'd like 100 pts or more - 6 for 80 = 98pts....

JBig Daddy said:
Hey jeff i was looking at the numbers. and sanfranciscos pass defense is ranked a lot lower than seattles is. so with staff facing sea and vy facing san fran why did you pick staff? idk maybe im looking too into the numbers but now with the talks of kevin smith being injured. how does that affect stafford.
I look at how SF contained Indy last week. They held Peyton pretty well in check which having the lead most of the game. VY will do ok, I see last week as his high side. For SEA, I think back just a week where Dallas chewed them up. These two QBs are close enough that it is not huge either way. I will say that if Calvin is out (Game Time Decision), I would start VY. I do think Calvin and Smith play, but far from certain.

Whose got the best chance to score?3 pts per catch, 1pt per YARD, 60 per td, bonus for length.PICK 2OchoCinco vs Baltimore Bowe @ JAX Marshall vs Pitt I'm starting Jennings @ TBI'd like 100 pts or more - 6 for 80 = 98pts....
I think I would go with Chad. The Bengals are coming off the bye week and catch BAL after a tough win. My second choice would be Bowe just due to matchup.

Hi Jeff

Which QB should I start this week in a Non-ppr league?. Pts are TD=6 and 1 pt for every 10 yards passing / rushing.

1. Schaub @ Indy

2. Cutler vs Arizona

3. Alex Smith vs Tenn

Also which RB would you go with this week

1. Ronnie Brown @ New England

or

2. Hightower @ Chicago

Thanks...

My Roster is:

Theese are My Questions:

1) Matt Ryan and Felix Jones are Very Good Players but they aren't Studs. Will you move them for an equal or weaker player whith a less expensive 3 Years Contract, or will you put on them the "Rookie Option"? (Approx Ryan will cost me 15.0 M and Felix 25.0 M, which seems to much to me). I would put rookie option on Ryan. Some love the guy (way more than I do) and I would trade Felix Jones for a player I liked better who is cheaper.

2) I Can Relase Travis Beckum and Pick Up Jermicheal Finley? Do you See any benefit in doing this? Is NYG Passing Attack going to have a new Jeremy Shockey? Is Beckum going to be the starter within next year? I like Beckum a ton, but would prefer Finley easily

3) The Owner of a weak them is offering me his First Round Pick (Could Be Between 1.03 and 1.04) for Miles Austin. Will You Do This Trade? Or will you Try to Move Austin & Ryan in exchange for the 1st Round Pick and Matt Schaub (wich has a 4.0 M 3 Years Contract)? I think Austin is worth far more than the pick (esp since he is cheap) so it is up to the QBs. I still would pass.

Let me know if I missed anything. Good luck. I would still look at trading Austin, I just would want more. He was traded for a high first and MBarber in one of my leagues to give you an idea.
Easy Question for you Jeff.I can Cut Beckhum and Jamal Lewis (Total 4 CY) and add Finley + Moats giving them 2 CY each or i can Simply Put James Davis on IR and then adding Moats for one Year.

What do you think of Moats? Could he be the lead back in Houston for the next 2 Years or he is fool's gold?

Thank you

Hi JeffWhich QB should I start this week in a Non-ppr league?. Pts are TD=6 and 1 pt for every 10 yards passing / rushing.1. Schaub @ Indy2. Cutler vs Arizona3. Alex Smith vs TennAlso which RB would you go with this week 1. Ronnie Brown @ New Englandor2. Hightower @ ChicagoThanks...
on teh RBs, easily Brown since he gets TDs. AT QB, I would not use Smith. Between Cutler and Schaub, I think I would go with Cutler since Daniels is hurt ... and the run game is a mess in Houston.

My Roster is:

Theese are My Questions:

Easy Question for you Jeff.I can Cut Beckhum and Jamal Lewis (Total 4 CY) and add Finley + Moats giving them 2 CY each or i can Simply Put James Davis on IR and then adding Moats for one Year.

What do you think of Moats? Could he be the lead back in Houston for the next 2 Years or he is fool's gold?

Thank you
I am not high on Moats long term but like him for rest of season. I still like Finley over Beckum for future. I think the move is to cut Lewis/Beckum, give Moats/Finley contracts ... then trade Moats after another big game. He might be able to fetch a ton.

Hey jeff i thought i'd conversate with you outside of my fantasy team. me and my buddies have bets that we come up with alot during the nfl season and thought i'd just fill you in.

some of the bets Include

Brett favre top 5 fantasy qb yes or no? Standard or my league scoring (1 per completion, 5 per td, 1 per 10 yards. he's currently sitting at 5th herres the rest of that list in my league

Peyton Manning, Ind QB 463

Matt Schaub, Hou QB 462

Tom Brady, NE QB 429.5

Drew Brees, NO QB 402

Brett Favre, Min QB 400.5

Ben Roethlisberger, 379.5

Joe Flacco, Bal QB 378.5

Kurt Warner, Ari QB 374

Aaron Rodgers, GB 371.5

Tony Romo, Dal QB 358

Philip Rivers, SD QB 357

Another includes

Michael Turner a top 12 fantasy back? with my league scoring he's currently sitting at 19th (rb's do average about 20 per game and just to give you a feeling of my scoring its 1.5 per 10yds. 1.5 per reception, 1.5 per 10 reception yards. 5 per td. Chris johnsons week 2 performance got 69 points) but your average 100 rusher for a td will get you around 20 points or more

I say he does he says he doesn't

Last one includes. Matt Forte being better than Michael Turner. Currently as i am writing this he hit me back up saying that he doesn't wanna do this one any more but at first it was moe fatasy points between the 2. i picked turner he picked forte. than it was changed to more rushing yards and he said forte but then he backed out again.

Care to weigh in??

I'm currently 0-1 with the board bets considering i said packers would win the favre bowl rematch.

Hi Jeff, thanks again for answering all these questions as well as mine, I got another one coming at you.

Pretty simple, Sims-Walker or Burleson for my WR3 (starting Ochocinco and R.Moss in the other two slots) in a PPR league?

I was leaning towards Burleson because I already have MJD going at RB so I didn't want to lean to heavy on JAcksonville for production. They both have great matchups ups though, thank you!

CentralPA said:
Hi Jeff, thanks again for answering all these questions as well as mine, I got another one coming at you.Pretty simple, Sims-Walker or Burleson for my WR3 (starting Ochocinco and R.Moss in the other two slots) in a PPR league?I was leaning towards Burleson because I already have MJD going at RB so I didn't want to lean to heavy on JAcksonville for production. They both have great matchups ups though, thank you!
Both have great matchup and I would roll with Burleson just for the better QB. Hard to predict Jax. But, Hasselebck could have a big game against Detroit.

JBig Daddy said:
Hey jeff i thought i'd conversate with you outside of my fantasy team. me and my buddies have bets that we come up with alot during the nfl season and thought i'd just fill you in. some of the bets IncludeBrett favre top 5 fantasy qb yes or no? Standard or my league scoring (1 per completion, 5 per td, 1 per 10 yards. he's currently sitting at 5th herres the rest of that list in my leaguePeyton Manning, Ind QB 463 Matt Schaub, Hou QB 462 Tom Brady, NE QB 429.5 Drew Brees, NO QB 402 Brett Favre, Min QB 400.5 Ben Roethlisberger, 379.5 Joe Flacco, Bal QB 378.5 Kurt Warner, Ari QB 374 Aaron Rodgers, GB 371.5 Tony Romo, Dal QB 358 Philip Rivers, SD QB 357 Another includesMichael Turner a top 12 fantasy back? with my league scoring he's currently sitting at 19th (rb's do average about 20 per game and just to give you a feeling of my scoring its 1.5 per 10yds. 1.5 per reception, 1.5 per 10 reception yards. 5 per td. Chris johnsons week 2 performance got 69 points) but your average 100 rusher for a td will get you around 20 points or moreI say he does he says he doesn'tLast one includes. Matt Forte being better than Michael Turner. Currently as i am writing this he hit me back up saying that he doesn't wanna do this one any more but at first it was moe fatasy points between the 2. i picked turner he picked forte. than it was changed to more rushing yards and he said forte but then he backed out again. Care to weigh in??I'm currently 0-1 with the board bets considering i said packers would win the favre bowl rematch.
The easy one is Favre. I would say no way to finish as top 5. Hard with Peterson getting his, plus injury risk for Favre. His bye week coming up will allow several to pass him. Now, on to Turner. I think it is close. The one thing from MNF is that I did not think he ran with the burst of last yr. It will be tough for him to climb up to Top 12 unless others get injured. Forte vs Turner should be slanted toward Turner just because the Bear OL stinks. Forte cannot get a crease to score from the goal line. I do not have the stats handy, but I know he has lost several opportunities at short TDs

Jeff a guy in my league just drop Chi def

My def is ARI should i hold on to ARI def and play them or i could drop Garrard and pick up Chi def

one more think my other team i got SF def do you like them better than CHI def ?

JBig Daddy said:
Hey jeff i thought i'd conversate with you outside of my fantasy team. me and my buddies have bets that we come up with alot during the nfl season and thought i'd just fill you in. some of the bets IncludeBrett favre top 5 fantasy qb yes or no? Standard or my league scoring (1 per completion, 5 per td, 1 per 10 yards. he's currently sitting at 5th herres the rest of that list in my leaguePeyton Manning, Ind QB 463 Matt Schaub, Hou QB 462 Tom Brady, NE QB 429.5 Drew Brees, NO QB 402 Brett Favre, Min QB 400.5 Ben Roethlisberger, 379.5 Joe Flacco, Bal QB 378.5 Kurt Warner, Ari QB 374 Aaron Rodgers, GB 371.5 Tony Romo, Dal QB 358 Philip Rivers, SD QB 357 Another includesMichael Turner a top 12 fantasy back? with my league scoring he's currently sitting at 19th (rb's do average about 20 per game and just to give you a feeling of my scoring its 1.5 per 10yds. 1.5 per reception, 1.5 per 10 reception yards. 5 per td. Chris johnsons week 2 performance got 69 points) but your average 100 rusher for a td will get you around 20 points or moreI say he does he says he doesn'tLast one includes. Matt Forte being better than Michael Turner. Currently as i am writing this he hit me back up saying that he doesn't wanna do this one any more but at first it was moe fatasy points between the 2. i picked turner he picked forte. than it was changed to more rushing yards and he said forte but then he backed out again. Care to weigh in??I'm currently 0-1 with the board bets considering i said packers would win the favre bowl rematch.
The easy one is Favre. I would say no way to finish as top 5. Hard with Peterson getting his, plus injury risk for Favre. His bye week coming up will allow several to pass him. Now, on to Turner. I think it is close. The one thing from MNF is that I did not think he ran with the burst of last yr. It will be tough for him to climb up to Top 12 unless others get injured. Forte vs Turner should be slanted toward Turner just because the Bear OL stinks. Forte cannot get a crease to score from the goal line. I do not have the stats handy, but I know he has lost several opportunities at short TDs
Hey jeff thanks for the response but yea favre was a very easy one but the thing is for turner. hes 19th. he's only 20 points away from the number 12 guy. which is funny its Steve Slaton. but all he needs is 1 or 2 solid games and tampa bay, buffalo, washington and carolina are coming up. to begin with i wasn't 100 percent solid on taking that board bet but no guts no glory. heres the ranking in my league for rbsThe sad thing is seing sproles and fred jackson still as high as they are but we get return points and they started off the season really solid.1Adrian Peterson, Min RB 204 2Ray Rice, Bal RB LOXH 200.5 3Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB 200 4Darren Sproles, SD RB 190 5Chris Johnson, Ten RB 186.5 6Steven Jackson, StL RB 168.5 7DeAngelo Williams, Car RB 158 8Cedric Benson, Cin RB 153 9Thomas Jones, NYJ RB 152.5 10Fred Jackson, Buf RB 149.5 Tim Hightower, Ari RB 144.5 12Steve Slaton, Hou RB 140.5 Joseph Addai, Ind RB 139.5 Ricky Williams, Mia RB 135.5 15.Matt Forte, Chi RB 133 Kevin Smith, Det RB 133 Ronnie Brown, Mia RB 132 Ryan Grant, GB RB 126 19Michael Turner, Atl RB 120.5 turner is only 20 points away. i mean in our rankings i think top 12 is a battle but i think its very very do-able.

Jeff a guy in my league just drop Chi def My def is ARI should i hold on to ARI def and play them or i could drop Garrard and pick up Chi def one more think my other team i got SF def do you like them better than CHI def ?
If you have AZ & SF, I would hold tight. Each should have some great matchups coming up against the division while Chicago is getting into division play against stiffer comp

JBig Daddy said:
Hey jeff thanks for the response but yea favre was a very easy one but the thing is for turner. hes 19th. he's only 20 points away from the number 12 guy. which is funny its Steve Slaton. but all he needs is 1 or 2 solid games and tampa bay, buffalo, washington and carolina are coming up. to begin with i wasn't 100 percent solid on taking that board bet but no guts no glory. heres the ranking in my league for rbsThe sad thing is seing sproles and fred jackson still as high as they are but we get return points and they started off the season really solid.1Adrian Peterson, Min RB 204 2Ray Rice, Bal RB LOXH 200.5 3Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB 200 4Darren Sproles, SD RB 190 5Chris Johnson, Ten RB 186.5 6Steven Jackson, StL RB 168.5 7DeAngelo Williams, Car RB 158 8Cedric Benson, Cin RB 153 9Thomas Jones, NYJ RB 152.5 10Fred Jackson, Buf RB 149.5 Tim Hightower, Ari RB 144.5 12Steve Slaton, Hou RB 140.5 Joseph Addai, Ind RB 139.5 Ricky Williams, Mia RB 135.5 15.Matt Forte, Chi RB 133 Kevin Smith, Det RB 133 Ronnie Brown, Mia RB 132 Ryan Grant, GB RB 126 19Michael Turner, Atl RB 120.5 turner is only 20 points away. i mean in our rankings i think top 12 is a battle but i think its very very do-able.
Turner produce more than Forte the rest of the way. But, Turner to be Top 12 will be tougher. He has a decent chance since some of those in the teens will slow down. To me, the RBs from 1-9 look solid and will have a good chance to make it. So, can Turner jump over the next ten for one of the three remaining spots is the question. He definitely has a chance. It is close to 50/50 in my mind.

Hey Jeff,

I'm going to start with my Defense options for the week. The Vikes are on their Bye, I was happy to start the Colts vs Houston but Sanders is out and so are a couple of other guys. So I checked out what teams were available on the WW.

I would have to drop the Colts to pick up one of the teams below.

Would you pick up and start either of these 2 teams over the Colts D?

49ers v TEN

or

SEA v DET?

WR (3) PPR LEAGUE

RWhite v WAS

DMason @ CIN

CJohnson @ SEA

HNicks v SD

THANKS AGAIN!

Hey Jeff,

I'm going to start with my Defense options for the week. The Vikes are on their Bye, I was happy to start the Colts vs Houston but Sanders is out and so are a couple of other guys. So I checked out what teams were available on the WW.

I would have to drop the Colts to pick up one of the teams below.

Would you pick up and start either of these 2 teams over the Colts D?

49ers v TEN

or

SEA v DET?

WR (3) PPR LEAGUE

RWhite v WAS

DMason @ CIN

CJohnson @ SEA

HNicks v SD

THANKS AGAIN!
For defense, I would go with SF and hope for Vince Young meltdown. At WR, I think White and Mason are gimmes. If Calvin is playing, I would start him. If not, go with Nicks.

Users who are viewing this thread