What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

Rate my roster and how would I go about improving it.16 team dynasty league (1 PPR for RB/WR and 1.5 PPR for TE)QB: Stafford/VY/BrohmRB: ADP/Gerhart/Anthony Dixon/McFadden/K Smith/Rankin/Sutton/Hilliard/BJGE/BuckhalterWR: Brandon Marshall/Driver/Evans/Holmes/Nelson/Aromashodu/Collie/G Tate/Mike Williams (TB)/Marko MTE: Dallas Clark/O Daniels/D Pitta/D Thomas/SperryDT: R Miller/D Muir/S RodgersDE: Umenyiora/C Williams/R Smith/E Hood/V AbiriamiLB: M Boley/Dansby/Durant/Goff/Hawthorne/G HayesCB: Bailey/W Gay/Hayden/M JenkinsS: Atogwe/M Bullitt/J Butler/M Griffin/C Hope/W MooreStarting Lineup:1QB2 RB3 WR1 TE1 RB/WR/TE1 DT1 DE3 LB1 CB1 S1 CB/S/DT/DE
Admittedly, I am not an IDP guy. There are several around here that are much stronger on IDP than I am. On offense, I like the strength at WR/TE. They will carry your team most weeks. You need McFadden to step up and emerge. The injury to KSmith hurt. I assume you might be starting Buckhalter some weeks. In large leagues, it is difficult to have depth and quality at QB and RB just due to scarcity. Stafford and VY are more than adequate. I would always be on the lookout for cheap depth at QB. Overall, I like your team a lot (on offense). I would look to move Kevin Smith once he is healthy. Maybe the Best owner would be interested. I think you are in great shape at WR and TE. Marko Mitchell was cut by Washington. Any other options out there? At RB, is Maurice Morris available? Many are down on him, but would make a cheap combo in case Best has durability issues. Not a guy I would trade for, but would pick up off waivers.You have drafted well. I would continue to look for QB/RB depth.

Hey Jeff, this is also an IDP Dynasty league but I will only post the offensive side of things because that is probably only where I am looking for advice

Scoring

PPR

6 all TDs

Return yards and TDs added

Starting requirements

QB-RB-RB-Flex-WR-WR-TE-Offensive Position-Offensive Position

Current squad

QB - Palmer-Quinn

RB - Rice-Mendenhall-Felix-Barber-McGahee-Harrison

WR - DeSean Jackson (3rd overall WR last year, only 1 point off AJ and 3 off Welker)-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-James Jones-Jacoby Jones-Garcon-Tate

TE - Cooley-Lewis-Cook-Bennett

Obviously I have the potential to start 3 QBs, but atm I am struggling to justify starting one. Last few years I have finished .500 exactly, despite being the best in my division last year and starting 5-0 in the first year (After which I had a masive roster turnover). Most weeks It was an easy choice who to start, and pray Palmer was satisfactory (Rice-Mendenhall-Jackson-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-X player).

Last year I traded my 1.07 for another owners 2010 first, which became 1.02. Last year I traded my 2010 1st (1.06) for Mendenhall. So I pretty much have the choice of either of my favourite player from the draft (Bryant and Best, trying to find a way to get both) or Bradford probably, who would be the single biggest need for my roster. ATM I am also trying to trade for Wells, trading away Sims Walker and the depth RB pieces, which may or may not go through atm. (Total trade atm is Harrison-Sims Walker-Barber-Dumervil (Rostered as a DE, 6th overall)-2nd round rookie pick for Wells, which I think would be a win for me, but all those pieces would be starters for him)

Either way, was just asking what you think I should do in the draft. Either of Bryant or Best, and I love both of their talents (ie BPA) or just go for Bradford, who I still quite like? Is it made easier if the Wells trade goes through (In which case I won't have Sims Walker)?

A general overview of my roster wouldn't be too bad either :thumbup:

Either way, thanks, Kree.

Hey Jeff.

12 Team PPR dynasty/contract league

Start QB / 1-2 RB / 2-3 WR / TE

The guy with the 1.01 pick in this league is looking to move it for a WR.

I love me some Boldin but thinking this may be a good time to trade him and get some good value.

Thinking about offering: 1.06 and Boldin

For: 1.01 and Addai

He's RB rich and I could use some RB depth (have two studs at the position already). I'm OK at WR (Steve Smith (Carolina version), Harvin, Bowe and Holmes for my top 4) but if I could flip Boldin for Bryant...

So pretty much, I think the trade is something like:

He gets: Boldin + Demaryius Thomas or Hardesty or Tate

I get: Bryant and Addai

What do you think?

Good for me?

Terrible offer?

Thanks!

Hey Jeff, this is also an IDP Dynasty league but I will only post the offensive side of things because that is probably only where I am looking for adviceScoringPPR6 all TDsReturn yards and TDs addedStarting requirementsQB-RB-RB-Flex-WR-WR-TE-Offensive Position-Offensive PositionCurrent squadQB - Palmer-Quinn RB - Rice-Mendenhall-Felix-Barber-McGahee-HarrisonWR - DeSean Jackson (3rd overall WR last year, only 1 point off AJ and 3 off Welker)-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-James Jones-Jacoby Jones-Garcon-TateTE - Cooley-Lewis-Cook-BennettObviously I have the potential to start 3 QBs, but atm I am struggling to justify starting one. Last few years I have finished .500 exactly, despite being the best in my division last year and starting 5-0 in the first year (After which I had a masive roster turnover). Most weeks It was an easy choice who to start, and pray Palmer was satisfactory (Rice-Mendenhall-Jackson-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-X player).Last year I traded my 1.07 for another owners 2010 first, which became 1.02. Last year I traded my 2010 1st (1.06) for Mendenhall. So I pretty much have the choice of either of my favourite player from the draft (Bryant and Best, trying to find a way to get both) or Bradford probably, who would be the single biggest need for my roster. ATM I am also trying to trade for Wells, trading away Sims Walker and the depth RB pieces, which may or may not go through atm. (Total trade atm is Harrison-Sims Walker-Barber-Dumervil (Rostered as a DE, 6th overall)-2nd round rookie pick for Wells, which I think would be a win for me, but all those pieces would be starters for him) Either way, was just asking what you think I should do in the draft. Either of Bryant or Best, and I love both of their talents (ie BPA) or just go for Bradford, who I still quite like? Is it made easier if the Wells trade goes through (In which case I won't have Sims Walker)? A general overview of my roster wouldn't be too bad either :goodposting:Either way, thanks, Kree.
Take talent over need. For this reason I would take Bryant and not look back. It is easier to trade for a Henne-type than a stud WR ... and hard to say if Bradford will be any better than Henne in fantasy. I think you take Bryant without regard for the trade. Also, I do not know if that trade is all that great for you since you would be giving up your best asset ... strong depth. You might be selling MSW too early. I like your team and think you can address QB on the cheap. I would see what Whitehurst, Campbell, etc would cost.

Hey Jeff.12 Team PPR dynasty/contract leagueStart QB / 1-2 RB / 2-3 WR / TEThe guy with the 1.01 pick in this league is looking to move it for a WR.I love me some Boldin but thinking this may be a good time to trade him and get some good value.Thinking about offering: 1.06 and BoldinFor: 1.01 and AddaiHe's RB rich and I could use some RB depth (have two studs at the position already). I'm OK at WR (Steve Smith (Carolina version), Harvin, Bowe and Holmes for my top 4) but if I could flip Boldin for Bryant...So pretty much, I think the trade is something like:He gets: Boldin + Demaryius Thomas or Hardesty or TateI get: Bryant and AddaiWhat do you think?Good for me?Terrible offer?Thanks!
Love the deal for you getting Dez. Supreme talent. While I love Boldin as well, he may struggle for targets with Mason still in Baltimore. Addai is a free agent after the season so I might look to move him after a good game. Indy usually does not re-sign RBs, preferring to draft one.

10 team dynasty, Standard scocing no PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 Flex

My team

QB - McNabb, Kolb, C. Henne

RB- M. Barber, M. Forte, J. Best, A. Bradshaw, K. Faulk, J. Norwood

WR- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, J. Cotchery, C. Chambers, N. Washington, D. Thomas, M. Thomas

TE- T. Heap & S. Nelson

Would you trade Best for A. Gates at first I was thinking yes but can I afford to give up Best since I need a running back.

10 team dynasty, Standard scocing no PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 FlexMy teamQB - McNabb, Kolb, C. HenneRB- M. Barber, M. Forte, J. Best, A. Bradshaw, K. Faulk, J. NorwoodWR- R. Wayne, B. Edwards, J. Cotchery, C. Chambers, N. Washington, D. Thomas, M. ThomasTE- T. Heap & S. NelsonWould you trade Best for A. Gates at first I was thinking yes but can I afford to give up Best since I need a running back.
Since your team is prob a year away, I would keep Best and try to pick up Moeaki or Zach Miller (either one) on the cheap. I still like Nelson, but Heap is likely done with the Ravens drafting two TEs

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Kree said:
Hey Jeff, this is also an IDP Dynasty league but I will only post the offensive side of things because that is probably only where I am looking for adviceScoringPPR6 all TDsReturn yards and TDs addedStarting requirementsQB-RB-RB-Flex-WR-WR-TE-Offensive Position-Offensive PositionCurrent squadQB - Palmer-Quinn RB - Rice-Mendenhall-Felix-Barber-McGahee-HarrisonWR - DeSean Jackson (3rd overall WR last year, only 1 point off AJ and 3 off Welker)-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-James Jones-Jacoby Jones-Garcon-TateTE - Cooley-Lewis-Cook-BennettObviously I have the potential to start 3 QBs, but atm I am struggling to justify starting one. Last few years I have finished .500 exactly, despite being the best in my division last year and starting 5-0 in the first year (After which I had a masive roster turnover). Most weeks It was an easy choice who to start, and pray Palmer was satisfactory (Rice-Mendenhall-Jackson-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-X player).Last year I traded my 1.07 for another owners 2010 first, which became 1.02. Last year I traded my 2010 1st (1.06) for Mendenhall. So I pretty much have the choice of either of my favourite player from the draft (Bryant and Best, trying to find a way to get both) or Bradford probably, who would be the single biggest need for my roster. ATM I am also trying to trade for Wells, trading away Sims Walker and the depth RB pieces, which may or may not go through atm. (Total trade atm is Harrison-Sims Walker-Barber-Dumervil (Rostered as a DE, 6th overall)-2nd round rookie pick for Wells, which I think would be a win for me, but all those pieces would be starters for him) Either way, was just asking what you think I should do in the draft. Either of Bryant or Best, and I love both of their talents (ie BPA) or just go for Bradford, who I still quite like? Is it made easier if the Wells trade goes through (In which case I won't have Sims Walker)? A general overview of my roster wouldn't be too bad either :confused:Either way, thanks, Kree.
Take talent over need. For this reason I would take Bryant and not look back. It is easier to trade for a Henne-type than a stud WR ... and hard to say if Bradford will be any better than Henne in fantasy. I think you take Bryant without regard for the trade. Also, I do not know if that trade is all that great for you since you would be giving up your best asset ... strong depth. You might be selling MSW too early. I like your team and think you can address QB on the cheap. I would see what Whitehurst, Campbell, etc would cost.
Thanks Jeff. Just quickly though, if you like my depth, would you still possibly do a deal like Barber + Harrison for Best if possible?BTW Whitehurst is a FA, but would probably have to reach for him with my second round pick (If I don't do that trade) given I don't have a third

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Kree said:
Hey Jeff, this is also an IDP Dynasty league but I will only post the offensive side of things because that is probably only where I am looking for advice

Scoring

PPR

6 all TDs

Return yards and TDs added

Starting requirements

QB-RB-RB-Flex-WR-WR-TE-Offensive Position-Offensive Position

Current squad

QB - Palmer-Quinn

RB - Rice-Mendenhall-Felix-Barber-McGahee-Harrison

WR - DeSean Jackson (3rd overall WR last year, only 1 point off AJ and 3 off Welker)-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-James Jones-Jacoby Jones-Garcon-Tate

TE - Cooley-Lewis-Cook-Bennett

Obviously I have the potential to start 3 QBs, but atm I am struggling to justify starting one. Last few years I have finished .500 exactly, despite being the best in my division last year and starting 5-0 in the first year (After which I had a masive roster turnover). Most weeks It was an easy choice who to start, and pray Palmer was satisfactory (Rice-Mendenhall-Jackson-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-X player).

Last year I traded my 1.07 for another owners 2010 first, which became 1.02. Last year I traded my 2010 1st (1.06) for Mendenhall. So I pretty much have the choice of either of my favourite player from the draft (Bryant and Best, trying to find a way to get both) or Bradford probably, who would be the single biggest need for my roster. ATM I am also trying to trade for Wells, trading away Sims Walker and the depth RB pieces, which may or may not go through atm. (Total trade atm is Harrison-Sims Walker-Barber-Dumervil (Rostered as a DE, 6th overall)-2nd round rookie pick for Wells, which I think would be a win for me, but all those pieces would be starters for him)

Either way, was just asking what you think I should do in the draft. Either of Bryant or Best, and I love both of their talents (ie BPA) or just go for Bradford, who I still quite like? Is it made easier if the Wells trade goes through (In which case I won't have Sims Walker)?

A general overview of my roster wouldn't be too bad either :doh:

Either way, thanks, Kree.
Thanks Jeff. Just quickly though, if you like my depth, would you still possibly do a deal like Barber + Harrison for Best if possible? definitelyBTW Whitehurst is a FA, but would probably have to reach for him with my second round pick (If I don't do that trade) given I don't have a third I think I would prefer Tebow in 2nd to Whitehurst. Either one is a decent value. Both have had their teams commit serious resources for and will get an opportunity.

Trade advice needed - 16 team dynasty league

Give:

Stafford

2011 4th round rookie pick

Receive:

P Rivers

having a really tough time deciding this - Is Rivers definitely better than Stafford dynastywise? Stafford has Calvin Johnson for the next 3+ years however, Vincent Jackson is a FA next year possibly leaving a vacant #1 WR position open in San Diego with many questions who it could be. Rivers, in my opinion, has already peaked but Stafford could be better than him.

Unwrittenlaw said:
Trade advice needed - 16 team dynasty leagueGive:Stafford2011 4th round rookie pickReceive:P Rivershaving a really tough time deciding this - Is Rivers definitely better than Stafford dynastywise? Stafford has Calvin Johnson for the next 3+ years however, Vincent Jackson is a FA next year possibly leaving a vacant #1 WR position open in San Diego with many questions who it could be. Rivers, in my opinion, has already peaked but Stafford could be better than him.
I like stafford a lot, but that is a steal for rivers

Hey, Jeff.

12 team PPR dynasty/contract league

Start QB / 1-2 RB / 2-3 WR / TE

QBs: Rivers, Freeman

RBs: Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson (Min), Bernard Scott

WRs: Boldin, Bowe, Harvin, Steve Smith (Car), Holmes, Floyd, Schilens

TEs: Witten, Cook, Shockey

A bit of a follow up to an earlier question I had about trading Boldin but I though I'd generalize it a bit.

I think this might be a good time to trade Boldin. I'm a big fan but I think expectations may exceed his production and with his injury history, he may start to decline earlier than the average 29 year old receiver.

I see a big drop in talent after the top 4 rookie picks (Bryant, Matthews, Spiller, Best) and I'm sitting at 1.06 so ideally I want to move that pick for a player or up in the draft. I'm making some offers (made an offer of 1.06 + Boldin for 1.01 + Addai... not so patiently awaiting response) but overall, given my roster, would you give him up, in some sort of package for anywhere in the top 4 rookie picks?

Thanks again!

Hey, Jeff.12 team PPR dynasty/contract leagueStart QB / 1-2 RB / 2-3 WR / TEQBs: Rivers, FreemanRBs: Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson (Min), Bernard ScottWRs: Boldin, Bowe, Harvin, Steve Smith (Car), Holmes, Floyd, Schilens TEs: Witten, Cook, ShockeyA bit of a follow up to an earlier question I had about trading Boldin but I though I'd generalize it a bit.I think this might be a good time to trade Boldin. I'm a big fan but I think expectations may exceed his production and with his injury history, he may start to decline earlier than the average 29 year old receiver.I see a big drop in talent after the top 4 rookie picks (Bryant, Matthews, Spiller, Best) and I'm sitting at 1.06 so ideally I want to move that pick for a player or up in the draft. I'm making some offers (made an offer of 1.06 + Boldin for 1.01 + Addai... not so patiently awaiting response) but overall, given my roster, would you give him up, in some sort of package for anywhere in the top 4 rookie picks? Thanks again!
I think I would move Boldin and Bowe. There is a strong chance that both see their numbers drop off. I sold Boldin in the two leagues I had him. I see numbers similar to Houshy his last year in Cincy. I would look to move Boldin and the pick to get a stud WR and a lower first/higher second

Jeff, I need help with an upcoming rookie pick. We are in round 4 of a 6 round, 12 team rookie draft. The league is a 12 team , 53 man roster, non-ppr, IDP. My team is dreadful. THis is my first pick. Early round picks used for D Willy and Santonio.

QB-Stafford Henne

RB- Deangelo Willaims, LenDale White, Kevin Smith , Bernard Scott

WR-Welker, Santonio Holmes, Jericho Cotchery, Josh Morgan, DHB, Roy Williams , Harry Douglas, Troy Williamson

TE- Health Miller , John Carlson

LB- Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Morrison , Session

Scoring is standard except for non-ppr. Tackles are a point, assists half a point sacks 3 points. Normal lineups are 1-qb, 3-rb, 3-wr 3-lb.

Top RB left- Joe mcKnight

Top WR left- Taylor Price-Shippley

Top LB left-Butler

I think I am solid at LB. I think Price is the better talent but with the 3-starting RB deal, Running backs are really important.

Hey Jeff,Just providing some closure with the deal that went through.I gave: Palmer, Driver, 1.11I got: MBIII, Evans, 2.08, 2011 First RoundI am considering ways to crack the top 3 of this year's round, and was wondering if offering MBIII+1.08 (or 1.06 if necessary) for 1.03 makes sense? Each of the owners with top 3 picks are not too willing to move out of their position. I don't want to break the bank to get 1.03, but those three could make a significant upgrade from MB3. Would that deal be worthwhile for both sides?
i would definitely give 1.06/mb3 for 1.03, but no more
Hey Jeff,I'm considering a trade for 1.02 now instead of 1.03 (since it's not completely possible). Can you tell me if giving Maroney, Anthony Gonzalez, 1.06 and 2.08 would be too much for 1.02 and 1st round next year? I tried to add his Slaton into the deal but no dice. I think I might be trying too hard here. His 1st next year could be fairly low, and I'm trying to acquire these picks since I know next year's crop is going to be solid.We have to cut 5 and I've repasted my roster below.QB: Cutler, HenneRB: R. Brown, Barber, McCoy, Greene, Maroney, Larry Johnson, CoffeeWR: Calvin Johnson, Crabtree, Britt, A. Bryant, A. Gonzalez, Evans, Schilens, KellyTE: Finely, Gates, Cook Thanks again.

Jeff, I need help with an upcoming rookie pick. We are in round 4 of a 6 round, 12 team rookie draft. The league is a 12 team , 53 man roster, non-ppr, IDP. My team is dreadful. THis is my first pick. Early round picks used for D Willy and Santonio. QB-Stafford HenneRB- Deangelo Willaims, LenDale White, Kevin Smith , Bernard ScottWR-Welker, Santonio Holmes, Jericho Cotchery, Josh Morgan, DHB, Roy Williams , Harry Douglas, Troy WilliamsonTE- Health Miller , John CarlsonLB- Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Morrison , Session Scoring is standard except for non-ppr. Tackles are a point, assists half a point sacks 3 points. Normal lineups are 1-qb, 3-rb, 3-wr 3-lb. Top RB left- Joe mcKnightTop WR left- Taylor Price-ShippleyTop LB left-ButlerI think I am solid at LB. I think Price is the better talent but with the 3-starting RB deal, Running backs are really important.
At this point, just take the best talent without regard to position. Price vs Butler is close. Both are good options. I like Price a lot and would probably lean that way. Keep an eye on Sanders, Easley, Mitchell, and Armanti Edwards at WR and Hernandez, Graham, and Moeaki at TE. All should be good value.

Hey Jeff,

Just providing some closure with the deal that went through.

I gave: Palmer, Driver, 1.11

I got: MBIII, Evans, 2.08, 2011 First Round

I am considering ways to crack the top 3 of this year's round, and was wondering if offering MBIII+1.08 (or 1.06 if necessary) for 1.03 makes sense? Each of the owners with top 3 picks are not too willing to move out of their position. I don't want to break the bank to get 1.03, but those three could make a significant upgrade from MB3. Would that deal be worthwhile for both sides?
Hey Jeff,I'm considering a trade for 1.02 now instead of 1.03 (since it's not completely possible). Can you tell me if giving Maroney, Anthony Gonzalez, 1.06 and 2.08 would be too much for 1.02 and 1st round next year? I tried to add his Slaton into the deal but no dice. I think I might be trying too hard here. His 1st next year could be fairly low, and I'm trying to acquire these picks since I know next year's crop is going to be solid.

We have to cut 5 and I've repasted my roster below.

QB: Cutler, Henne

RB: R. Brown, Barber, McCoy, Greene, Maroney, Larry Johnson, Coffee

WR: Calvin Johnson, Crabtree, Britt, A. Bryant, A. Gonzalez, Evans, Schilens, Kelly

TE: Finely, Gates, Cook

Thanks again.
I think that is a steal for you:Give 1.06, 2.08, Maroney, and AGonzo for 1.02 and 2011 1st? Maroney and Gonzo are not worth much. Gret deal for you. Plus 1.02 gives you either Dez or Mathews.

Jeff, I need help with an upcoming rookie pick. We are in round 4 of a 6 round, 12 team rookie draft. The league is a 12 team , 53 man roster, non-ppr, IDP. My team is dreadful. THis is my first pick. Early round picks used for D Willy and Santonio. QB-Stafford HenneRB- Deangelo Willaims, LenDale White, Kevin Smith , Bernard ScottWR-Welker, Santonio Holmes, Jericho Cotchery, Josh Morgan, DHB, Roy Williams , Harry Douglas, Troy WilliamsonTE- Health Miller , John CarlsonLB- Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Morrison , Session Scoring is standard except for non-ppr. Tackles are a point, assists half a point sacks 3 points. Normal lineups are 1-qb, 3-rb, 3-wr 3-lb. Top RB left- Joe mcKnightTop WR left- Taylor Price-ShippleyTop LB left-ButlerI think I am solid at LB. I think Price is the better talent but with the 3-starting RB deal, Running backs are really important.
At this point, just take the best talent without regard to position. Price vs Butler is close. Both are good options. I like Price a lot and would probably lean that way. Keep an eye on Sanders, Easley, Mitchell, and Armanti Edwards at WR and Hernandez, Graham, and Moeaki at TE. All should be good value.
Thanks Jeff. The TE's you mentioned were mostly gone so I went with Price.

Thanks Jeff. The TE's you mentioned were mostly gone so I went with Price.
he is great value

Jeff,

I am in a dynasty, standard scoring, 18 player roster, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def lineup requirement. The rookie draft is coming up in couple weeks. This draft also includes veteran free agents. I noticed that Heath Miller is available. I already have Gates and Celek on my roster. I have picks #11 and #16 in the first two rounds. With limited roster space, do I use one of these picks on Miller if he is avaiable?

THanks

Jeff,I am in a dynasty, standard scoring, 18 player roster, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def lineup requirement. The rookie draft is coming up in couple weeks. This draft also includes veteran free agents. I noticed that Heath Miller is available. I already have Gates and Celek on my roster. I have picks #11 and #16 in the first two rounds. With limited roster space, do I use one of these picks on Miller if he is avaiable?THanks
Normally I would say "definitely", not with your team and the short rosters. I like Miller and do not understand him being on the waiver wire, but you should not carry three TEs on a 18-player roster.

Jeff,I am in a dynasty, standard scoring, 18 player roster, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def lineup requirement. The rookie draft is coming up in couple weeks. This draft also includes veteran free agents. I noticed that Heath Miller is available. I already have Gates and Celek on my roster. I have picks #11 and #16 in the first two rounds. With limited roster space, do I use one of these picks on Miller if he is avaiable?THanks
Normally I would say "definitely", not with your team and the short rosters. I like Miller and do not understand him being on the waiver wire, but you should not carry three TEs on a 18-player roster.
Is it ever a good idea to draft with the intention to trade?

Is it ever a good idea to draft with the intention to trade?
sure, depending if your league is one that will trade. I read it as if Miller made it to the waivers and stayed there, not many in the league valued him highly. Now, if he makes it to pick 16, and is still available, you will know that none of the other owners value him high enough to trade for. But, if he is there in the late 2nd, early 3rd, then he could be a valuable asset to trade.

10 team 10 player keeper league Standard scoring No PPR 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE

My current keepers

RB-Addai, R. Brown, D. Brown, S. Jackson, J. Stewart

WR-G. Jennigs, B. Marshall, J. Maclin, M. Crabtree

TE- T. Gonzalez

Trade J. Stewart and 1.03 for F. Gore or is this to much to give up for Gore.

Rate my roster and how would I go about improving it.16 team dynasty league (1 PPR for RB/WR and 1.5 PPR for TE)QB: Stafford/VY/BrohmRB: ADP/Gerhart/Anthony Dixon/McFadden/K Smith/Rankin/Sutton/Hilliard/BJGE/BuckhalterWR: Brandon Marshall/Driver/Evans/Holmes/Nelson/Aromashodu/Collie/G Tate/Mike Williams (TB)/Marko MTE: Dallas Clark/O Daniels/D Pitta/D Thomas/SperryDT: R Miller/D Muir/S RodgersDE: Umenyiora/C Williams/R Smith/E Hood/V AbiriamiLB: M Boley/Dansby/Durant/Goff/Hawthorne/G HayesCB: Bailey/W Gay/Hayden/M JenkinsS: Atogwe/M Bullitt/J Butler/M Griffin/C Hope/W MooreStarting Lineup:1QB2 RB3 WR1 TE1 RB/WR/TE1 DT1 DE3 LB1 CB1 S1 CB/S/DT/DE
Admittedly, I am not an IDP guy. There are several around here that are much stronger on IDP than I am. On offense, I like the strength at WR/TE. They will carry your team most weeks. You need McFadden to step up and emerge. The injury to KSmith hurt. I assume you might be starting Buckhalter some weeks. In large leagues, it is difficult to have depth and quality at QB and RB just due to scarcity. Stafford and VY are more than adequate. I would always be on the lookout for cheap depth at QB. Overall, I like your team a lot (on offense). I would look to move Kevin Smith once he is healthy. Maybe the Best owner would be interested. I think you are in great shape at WR and TE. Marko Mitchell was cut by Washington. Any other options out there? At RB, is Maurice Morris available? Many are down on him, but would make a cheap combo in case Best has durability issues. Not a guy I would trade for, but would pick up off waivers.You have drafted well. I would continue to look for QB/RB depth.
With my roster, should I trade a WR like Collie or Holmes for Bradshaw if the owner of Bradshaw wanted either one? Kinda hesitant in trading Santonio for him so I'm not sure.

10 team 10 player keeper league Standard scoring No PPR 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TEMy current keepersRB-Addai, R. Brown, D. Brown, S. Jackson, J. StewartWR-G. Jennigs, B. Marshall, J. Maclin, M. CrabtreeTE- T. GonzalezTrade J. Stewart and 1.03 for F. Gore or is this to much to give up for Gore.
Way too much. Many consider Stewart worth more than gore straight up

Collie for AB is a good deal. Keep holmes

With my roster, should I trade a WR like Collie or Holmes for Bradshaw if the owner of Bradshaw wanted either one? Kinda hesitant in trading Santonio for him so I'm not sure.

I'm in a 12 team Dynasty PPR league, Start 3 WR possibly 4 with a flex.

My WR's

Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Boldin, Devin Thomas, D. Avery, E. Royal, P. Harvin, L. Evans (then depth)

Should I trade Boldin for Crabtree straight up or sit? or maybe a package of some sorts.

I'm in a 12 team Dynasty PPR league, Start 3 WR possibly 4 with a flex.

My WR's

Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Boldin, Devin Thomas, D. Avery, E. Royal, P. Harvin, L. Evans (then depth)

Should I trade Boldin for Crabtree straight up or sit? or maybe a package of some sorts.
in a heartbeat

Hey Jeff,

12 team H2H Keeper Auction League

$200

3 Keepers allowed for max of 3 years

5 man rookie squad. Can keep rookie squad members as well(doesn't count towards 3 keepers) and their salary is based on round taken in rookie draft(seperate from auction draft, order based on prior years standings)

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

My Keepers are:

Rodgers$3(2 years left)

Chris Jonhson$10(3 years left)

Calvin Johnson $20(2 years left)

Sidney Rice $2(3 years left)

I don't have many picks in the rookie draft that has started. I could trade pick 13 and 30 for pick 10. So far the picks have been Matthews, J. Best, D. Bryant, B. Tate, D. Thomas, CJ Spiller, M. Hardesty, A. Benn, G. Tate. Would you make that trade and who should I select. I was thinking Bradford so he could maybe replace Rodgers when his contract is up. LeFell, McCluster and Gerhart are other options too I guess. I think I should make the trade and go with Bradford.

10 team 10 player keeper league Standard scoring No PPR 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE

My current keepers

RB-Addai, R. Brown, D. Brown, S. Jackson, J. Stewart

WR-G. Jennigs, B. Marshall, J. Maclin, M. Crabtree

TE- T. Gonzalez

Would you trade Maclin, Crabtree & 2.08 for V. Jackson & D. Jackson.

10 team 10 player keeper league Standard scoring No PPR 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TEMy current keepersRB-Addai, R. Brown, D. Brown, S. Jackson, J. StewartWR-G. Jennigs, B. Marshall, J. Maclin, M. CrabtreeTE- T. GonzalezWould you trade Maclin, Crabtree & 2.08 for V. Jackson & D. Jackson.
I think so, but vjax suspension looms. Should help your wr3/4

I would pass on the offer and select mike Williams

Hey Jeff,12 team H2H Keeper Auction League$2003 Keepers allowed for max of 3 years5 man rookie squad. Can keep rookie squad members as well(doesn't count towards 3 keepers) and their salary is based on round taken in rookie draft(seperate from auction draft, order based on prior years standings) Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE, 1 DEF, 1 KMy Keepers are:Rodgers$3(2 years left)Chris Jonhson$10(3 years left)Calvin Johnson $20(2 years left)Sidney Rice $2(3 years left)I don't have many picks in the rookie draft that has started. I could trade pick 13 and 30 for pick 10. So far the picks have been Matthews, J. Best, D. Bryant, B. Tate, D. Thomas, CJ Spiller, M. Hardesty, A. Benn, G. Tate. Would you make that trade and who should I select. I was thinking Bradford so he could maybe replace Rodgers when his contract is up. LeFell, McCluster and Gerhart are other options too I guess. I think I should make the trade and go with Bradford.

Hey Jeff,

I am considering ways to crack the top 3 of this year's round, and was wondering if offering MBIII+1.08 (or 1.06 if necessary) for 1.03 makes sense? Each of the owners with top 3 picks are not too willing to move out of their position. I don't want to break the bank to get 1.03, but those three could make a significant upgrade from MB3. Would that deal be worthwhile for both sides?
Hey Jeff,I'm considering a trade for 1.02 now instead of 1.03 (since it's not completely possible). Can you tell me if giving Maroney, Anthony Gonzalez, 1.06 and 2.08 would be too much for 1.02 and 1st round next year? I tried to add his Slaton into the deal but no dice. I think I might be trying too hard here. His 1st next year could be fairly low, and I'm trying to acquire these picks since I know next year's crop is going to be solid.

WR: Calvin Johnson, Crabtree, Britt, A. Bryant, A. Gonzalez, Evans, Schilens, Kelly

Thanks again.
I think that is a steal for you:Give 1.06, 2.08, Maroney, and AGonzo for 1.02 and 2011 1st? Maroney and Gonzo are not worth much. Gret deal for you. Plus 1.02 gives you either Dez or Mathews.
Hey jeff, there has been a counter offer.I give maroney, 1.06 and 2.06

I get 1.02

I'm 95% sure Mathews goes #1 so that gives me Dez or Best.

Thoughts?

Picking 1.1 in a PPR 12 team league. and 2.2, 2.10 Start qb, 3wr, 2rb, te, flex

Roster:

Rivers, Big Ben, Sanchez, Leinart, then junk.

Ray Rice, Dwilliams, J.Stewart, Moreno, Mendenhall, Sproles (shop?) Lynch, Freddy Jackson

Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Jennings, Boldin, Harvin, Royal, Avery, Devin Thomas, L. Evans.

V. Davis, Winslow, M.Lewis,

So at 1.1 do I take Dez Bryant? or Spiller since I have Lynch/Jackson

Also at 2.2 Shoot for Dwyer? since I have Mendenhall?

or a TE since I only have Davis/Winslow.

Also owner shot down Boldin for Crabtree straight up, wants my 2.10 pick as well. 22nd, I could a swap for his 24th...

Hey Jeff,

Thanks again.
Hey jeff, there has been a counter offer.I give maroney, 1.06 and 2.06

I get 1.02

I'm 95% sure Mathews goes #1 so that gives me Dez or Best.

Thoughts?
I like it on value alone. You will be able to sell the pick (if you even care to) for much, much more when it is on the clock. Great value

Picking 1.1 in a PPR 12 team league. and 2.2, 2.10 Start qb, 3wr, 2rb, te, flex Roster: Rivers, Big Ben, Sanchez, Leinart, then junk. Ray Rice, Dwilliams, J.Stewart, Moreno, Mendenhall, Sproles (shop?) Lynch, Freddy Jackson Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Jennings, Boldin, Harvin, Royal, Avery, Devin Thomas, L. Evans. V. Davis, Winslow, M.Lewis, So at 1.1 do I take Dez Bryant? or Spiller since I have Lynch/Jackson Also at 2.2 Shoot for Dwyer? since I have Mendenhall? or a TE since I only have Davis/Winslow. Also owner shot down Boldin for Crabtree straight up, wants my 2.10 pick as well. 22nd, I could a swap for his 24th...
1.1 Dez Bryant, talent over situation2.2 I like Mike Williams. Dwyer is not bad, but it seems expensive for a handcuff taken in 6th roundLove the deal for you getting Crabtree, even giving the 2.10. You are ok at TE, but if wanting a rookie, look at Hernandez in 3rd or Graham in late 3rd/early 4th

A win again ov said:
Flacco, 1.7, McGahee for 2.2, Big Ben, Sproles wHAT SIDE
I think the majority would say Flacco>Ben much less the picks. I prefer Ben so I lke Ben side, plus Sproles, assuming you can get Mike Williams at 2.02. He is in tier with the 1.07 tier.

Hey Jeff, this is also an IDP Dynasty league but I will only post the offensive side of things because that is probably only where I am looking for adviceScoringPPR6 all TDsReturn yards and TDs addedStarting requirementsQB-RB-RB-Flex-WR-WR-TE-Offensive Position-Offensive PositionCurrent squadQB - Palmer-Quinn RB - Rice-Mendenhall-Felix-Barber-McGahee-HarrisonWR - DeSean Jackson (3rd overall WR last year, only 1 point off AJ and 3 off Welker)-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-James Jones-Jacoby Jones-Garcon-TateTE - Cooley-Lewis-Cook-BennettThanks
Sorry to bother again Jeff, but the current offer revolving around Wells could possibly be my 2011 first (Around the middle of the round I am guessing) + Harrison and some bit pieces (Jacoby Jones possibly - Did come 37th over all WRs last year surprisingly enough) for Wells. It sounds like an easy accept, but is it? Might have to offer my 2nd as well, would this tip the scales too much one way or the other?

since Jacoby is not the hou returner this yr, I love the deal fr you. After this deal, I would look how to upgrade qb on the cheap

Hey Jeff, this is also an IDP Dynasty league but I will only post the offensive side of things because that is probably only where I am looking for adviceScoringPPR6 all TDsReturn yards and TDs addedStarting requirementsQB-RB-RB-Flex-WR-WR-TE-Offensive Position-Offensive PositionCurrent squadQB - Palmer-Quinn RB - Rice-Mendenhall-Felix-Barber-McGahee-HarrisonWR - DeSean Jackson (3rd overall WR last year, only 1 point off AJ and 3 off Welker)-White-Jennings-Sims Walker-James Jones-Jacoby Jones-Garcon-TateTE - Cooley-Lewis-Cook-BennettThanks
Sorry to bother again Jeff, but the current offer revolving around Wells could possibly be my 2011 first (Around the middle of the round I am guessing) + Harrison and some bit pieces (Jacoby Jones possibly - Did come 37th over all WRs last year surprisingly enough) for Wells. It sounds like an easy accept, but is it? Might have to offer my 2nd as well, would this tip the scales too much one way or the other?

Jeff,

As an AD owner should I trade Lynch for Gerhart?

I'm not a big handcuff guy but......

Gerhart seems like the safer value linked with AD but Lynch could return to being a top RB??

My main RB's start 2-3 PPR:

AD

Stewart

McCoy

Lynch

Forsett

I would go with whichever you like more. But, if leaning toward the deal, I would hold off to see what happens with lynch

dmac37 said:
Jeff,As an AD owner should I trade Lynch for Gerhart?I'm not a big handcuff guy but......Gerhart seems like the safer value linked with AD but Lynch could return to being a top RB??My main RB's start 2-3 PPR:ADStewartMcCoyLynchForsett

Jeff, need some more advice. I have Chris Johnson in 3 dynasty leagues. In 2 of those leagues, my team is stacked and will compete for the championship, so he is not available. On one team, I went 4-9 despite his 2009 campaign. Very little around him. Only QB is Stafford, only other RB is Grant. Receivers are Austin, Dev. Arom. , Jacoby Jones and Devin THomas. Seems like a one for 2-3 swap is in play.

53 man, non-ppr, idp league. Trade out there is

I give Chris Johnson, RInger and my 2011 1st

I get 2010 1.1 ( Matthews) 1.7 ( Bradford/Hardesty) and Sidney Rice.

I view thw 2010 1.7 and 2011 1st as a wash. So its CJ for Mathews and Rice. Not sure this makes me better.

two things:with a poor team, your 2011 1st is worth more than1.07. Keep the pickalso, that is not enough, IMO. Maybe it is ok without ringer and your firstwith threat of a holdout, keep ringer. He could be worth a mint in august.

Jeff, need some more advice. I have Chris Johnson in 3 dynasty leagues. In 2 of those leagues, my team is stacked and will compete for the championship, so he is not available. On one team, I went 4-9 despite his 2009 campaign. Very little around him. Only QB is Stafford, only other RB is Grant. Receivers are Austin, Dev. Arom. , Jacoby Jones and Devin THomas. Seems like a one for 2-3 swap is in play. 53 man, non-ppr, idp league. Trade out there is I give Chris Johnson, RInger and my 2011 1stI get 2010 1.1 ( Matthews) 1.7 ( Bradford/Hardesty) and Sidney Rice. I view thw 2010 1.7 and 2011 1st as a wash. So its CJ for Mathews and Rice. Not sure this makes me better.

two things:with a poor team, your 2011 1st is worth more than1.07. Keep the pickalso, that is not enough, IMO. Maybe it is ok without ringer and your firstwith threat of a holdout, keep ringer. He could be worth a mint in august.

Jeff, need some more advice. I have Chris Johnson in 3 dynasty leagues. In 2 of those leagues, my team is stacked and will compete for the championship, so he is not available. On one team, I went 4-9 despite his 2009 campaign. Very little around him. Only QB is Stafford, only other RB is Grant. Receivers are Austin, Dev. Arom. , Jacoby Jones and Devin THomas. Seems like a one for 2-3 swap is in play. 53 man, non-ppr, idp league. Trade out there is I give Chris Johnson, RInger and my 2011 1stI get 2010 1.1 ( Matthews) 1.7 ( Bradford/Hardesty) and Sidney Rice. I view thw 2010 1.7 and 2011 1st as a wash. So its CJ for Mathews and Rice. Not sure this makes me better.
Many thanks Jeff. What i have found in trying to ship CJ and DeAngelo out from bad teams is that it is hard to get value for them. Seems to be better to hold them.

I agree but stud rbs hold value come august after injuries

Many thanks Jeff. What i have found in trying to ship CJ and DeAngelo out from bad teams is that it is hard to get value for them. Seems to be better to hold them.

Hate to bother you with this AGAIN Jeff, but the bloke took the trade off the table as soon as I was going to put it in and instead countered with this offer.

Felix/Barber/Jacoby Jones (37th overall WR last year with return yards)

for

Wells

I sort of see the Dallas Boys as a single entity in most cases and would rarely start both anyway. Jacoby Jones, although valuable in a total points sense, is my 7th WR and will probably be my 8th come our draft.

Starting positions that matter - RB/RB/Flex/WR/WR/TE/Offensive player/Offensive player

PPR league, return yards as mentioned

My current RBs are: Ray Rice/Rashard Mendenhall/Felix Jones/Marion Barber/Jerome Harrison/Willis McGahee

My current WRs are: DeSean Jackson/Roddy White/Greg Jennings/Mike Sims Walker/Hakeem Nicks/Pierre Garcon/Jacoby Jones/Brandon Tate

With the 1.02 this year (Traded for it last year) I will have the chance to draft either Mathews, Best or Bryant, I think Mathews will go 1.01 so therefore I should get Bryant.

Obviously the depth @ RB will be lacking, but most weeks I should only be starting 2 RBs, none of their byes overlap either, and have a starting lineup of Rice/Wells/Jackson/White/Jennings/Cooley/MSW/Nicks, with Garcon, Bryant and Mendenhall all swap in if required.

So, do I go for this deal or try and hold onto a small aspect of depth @ RB and hope Felix stays healthy? Or go for (IMO) the BPA?

That is a steal for Wells. The Texans drafted Holliday to handle return duties. That dude is quick. Wells is worth much, much more than this deal. On the draft pick, I would take Mathews or Dez. Don't let short-term need sway you away from long-term talent

Hate to bother you with this AGAIN Jeff, but the bloke took the trade off the table as soon as I was going to put it in and instead countered with this offer.Felix/Barber/Jacoby Jones (37th overall WR last year with return yards)forWellsI sort of see the Dallas Boys as a single entity in most cases and would rarely start both anyway. Jacoby Jones, although valuable in a total points sense, is my 7th WR and will probably be my 8th come our draft.Starting positions that matter - RB/RB/Flex/WR/WR/TE/Offensive player/Offensive playerPPR league, return yards as mentionedMy current RBs are: Ray Rice/Rashard Mendenhall/Felix Jones/Marion Barber/Jerome Harrison/Willis McGaheeMy current WRs are: DeSean Jackson/Roddy White/Greg Jennings/Mike Sims Walker/Hakeem Nicks/Pierre Garcon/Jacoby Jones/Brandon Tate With the 1.02 this year (Traded for it last year) I will have the chance to draft either Mathews, Best or Bryant, I think Mathews will go 1.01 so therefore I should get Bryant.Obviously the depth @ RB will be lacking, but most weeks I should only be starting 2 RBs, none of their byes overlap either, and have a starting lineup of Rice/Wells/Jackson/White/Jennings/Cooley/MSW/Nicks, with Garcon, Bryant and Mendenhall all swap in if required.So, do I go for this deal or try and hold onto a small aspect of depth @ RB and hope Felix stays healthy? Or go for (IMO) the BPA?

Users who are viewing this thread