What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Washington vs Pittsburgh -6(43.5)*** (2 Viewers)

I don't think it's classless. 
Then let's disagree. I think it's a lame circle-jerk that makes them look petty and foolish.

Records are meant to be broken, and while I think they should be actively supporting and rooting for the new generation to continue to raise the bar in the sport they all love, at the very least they should not act like dbags in toasting teams' failure.

Here is some context - what would it look like if Brady went on Tik Tok and chugged liquor and puffed big fat cigars in celebration of Brees likely not beating his career passing TD record this year?

Then let's disagree. I think it's a lame circle-jerk that makes them look petty and foolish.

Records are meant to be broken, and while I think they should be actively supporting and rooting for the new generation to continue to raise the bar in the sport they all love, at the very least they should not act like dbags in toasting teams' failure.

Here is some context - what would it look like if Brady went on Tik Tok and chugged liquor and puffed big fat cigars in celebration of Brees likely not beating his career passing TD record this year?
Oh, come on man.

Those guys accomplished something pretty incredible that hasn't been broken in 48 years! 

Football is all about the team - you win as a team and lose as a team. And when those guys toast, they are toasting to their team and what they accomplished. They are toasting the guys no longer with them and recognizing that what they did was pretty special.

And let's be honest - they are  competitors too. And if they want to gloat and claim a little victory....well.....they absolutely earned the right to do that. 

Oh, come on man.

Those guys accomplished something pretty incredible that hasn't been broken in 48 years! 

Football is all about the team - you win as a team and lose as a team. And when those guys toast, they are toasting to their team and what they accomplished. They are toasting the guys no longer with them and recognizing that what they did was pretty special.

And let's be honest - they are  competitors too. And if they want to gloat and claim a little victory....well.....they absolutely earned the right to do that. 
Bully for them, and for you. I disagree, not sure why you want to change my mind on this.

I don't see Ernie Nevers' family celebrating his record that's stood for 91 years by tweeting out about it. 

Don't recall **** Nightrain Lane celebrating his unbreakable record of INTs in a season by throwing a yearly party.

I could go on. Point is the Dolphins publicly celebrating their own achievement is the exception, not the norm.

Records speak for themselves.

Bully for them, and for you. I disagree, not sure why you want to change my mind on this.

I don't see Ernie Nevers' family celebrating his record that's stood for 91 years by tweeting out about it. 

Don't recall **** Nightrain Lane celebrating his unbreakable record of INTs in a season by throwing a yearly party.

I could go on. Point is the Dolphins publicly celebrating their own achievement is the exception, not the norm.

Records speak for themselves.
I used to agree with you. Now, as they get older, it sort of seems inoffensive and harmless. A bunch of old codgers reliving old times when they were fab. I can't get down on a bunch of people who are staring mortality in the face from getting together to celebrate every year. For some, it's a last gasp to remember their youth.  

rockaction said:
I used to agree with you. Now, as they get older, it sort of seems inoffensive and harmless. A bunch of old codgers reliving old times when they were fab. I can't get down on a bunch of people who are staring mortality in the face from getting together to celebrate every year. For some, it's a last gasp to remember their youth.  
What can I say, I am moving the opposite way and getting more crotchety in my old age.

Note to self: be more Zen like rockaction in the New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread