What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Washington was down! (1 Viewer)

Ray

Footballguy
I'm not sure if this has already been covered, but (imo)...it's clear that caddy kicks Washington on the leg in the pile while Washington's knee was still down.Anyone else see that? Why even have replay if you aren't going to make reversals like that?*...and, what's MUCH worse, refs sometimes now just let plays run for fear of killing a play too early (and making it un-reviewable). tentative refs cause even more calls to be missed.*Yes, i realize it's better than nothing.

They didn't have enough proof that Caddy hit him with his leg. With that said, my Bucs would've lost anyways.

I'm not sure if this has already been covered, but (imo)...

it's clear that caddy kicks Washington on the leg in the pile while Washington's knee was still down.

Anyone else see that? Why even have replay if you aren't going to make reversals like that?*

...and, what's MUCH worse, refs sometimes now just let plays run for fear of killing a play too early (and making it un-reviewable). tentative refs cause even more calls to be missed.

*Yes, i realize it's better than nothing.
You're a little late on this one, it was covered in detail yesterday during the game, but yes they blew that call. It was one of the worst officiated payoff games I can recall (I don't care about either team) with many missed/blown calls and unfortunately for TB most of them went against the Bucs.

I don't understand how is it not enough proof? We could see from two different angles that Washington was touched by Caddy's foot.

I don't understand how is it not enough proof? We could see from two different angles that Washington was touched by Caddy's foot.
The ref didn't see it that way and he doesn't have all the angles we see. Check out the game thread for details.And Arrington fumbled the ball at the 5 and the Bucs recovered it but that call was blown too. 2 bad calls, 2 TDs, no chance for the Bucs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Skins homer, so take this for what its worth, but I honestly could not see definitively that a leg touched him. I saw a leg right near his body, but I couldn't tell if it was one centimeter away or if it actually touched him.

Nobody can hop out of a pile like that without being touched. Not to mention i take issue fumbling the ball forward for a td. Lame, terrible call and a terrible game. Not a fan of either team.

I'm a Skins homer, so take this for what its worth, but I honestly could not see definitively that a leg touched him. I saw a leg right near his body, but I couldn't tell if it was one centimeter away or if it actually touched him.
Most of the angles were inconclusive, probably the ones that the refs had access to. But the field cam overhead in the center of the field you can clearly see Caddy's leg (who should've gottena tripping call for it) reaching out to him and sliding down Washington's body as he stands up.

Let me present to you the Redskins take on this. "Well, we got robbed on the instant replay regarding that 2 point conversion in the first game. So what goes around, comes around."

There are better quotes from the Bucs players themselves:

"I thought, 'Here we go again,' " Bucs tackle Kenyatta Walker said when asked what went through his mind as the officials headed off to look at Shepherd's play. He smiled. "It's kind of been falling our way this year, but it didn't fall our way tonight."Or as Tampa Bay cornerback Ronde Barber said more succinctly, "We can't expect to live by the replay and not expect to die by it."
Washington Post article

I didn't care one bit who won the game, but I didn't see a single angle that showed Caddy's foot touching him. I saw angles that showed he might have, I saw angles that showed that he at least came close, but I saw nothing definitive.If the call on the field would've been that he was down, it wouldn't have overturned either.Arrington's fumble, on the other hand...

Users who are viewing this thread