What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waukesha WI - Christmas Parade Attacked by Driver (Darrell Brooks Jr) in an SUV (1 Viewer)

Direct Headline: UPDATE: San Jose Homicide Suspects Released Without Posting Bail; Cops Tweet ‘The System Has Failed

“Suspects Anzures and Castillo were arrested for homicide 29. The DA filed charges on both. They are no longer in jail. The criminal justice system believes they are fine out of custody without bail.”

“Yes you read that correctly, two homicide suspects, charged, out of custody,” the post continued. “Our community deserves better, the victim’s family deserve better. The taking of someone’s life is the ultimate crime. The system has failed.”

San Jose News December 1, 2021 at 8:56 am

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2021/12/01/san-jose-homicide-suspects-released-without-posting-bail-the-system-has-failed/

Direct Headline: Gun sales have skyrocketed in California

Californians are on a gun-buying spree. In 2020, 1.26 million guns were purchased in the state, a 56% increase from the previous year, and the most since at least 2000. Sales data through May show gun purchases in California remain well above pre-pandemic levels. Research suggests this increased circulation of firearms could foreshadow more gun violence.

Abhinanda Bhattacharyya June 22, 2021 1:19 p.m

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local/article/Over-a-million-guns-were-sold-in-California-last-16247714.php

No time for your jokes.

The type of bail "reform" that allowed Darrell Brooks back onto the streets is still ongoing in large Blue strongholds all over the country.

When the "system fails", then civilians have no choice but to rely on themselves. Unchecked criminals let loose to hunt down innocent hard working law abiding tax paying Americans and their children as prey and record numbers of firearms being sold to first time gun owners. Does no one see this combination as having a completely tragic and lethally inevitable collision course on a mass scale?

Doesn't anyone see the ugly repugnant irony of many of these completely woke elected officials pushing for these insane policies are likely to be living in posh gated communities and having their own personal armed private security?

Everything is "all a joke" until it's your own kids or the kids of someone here being bracketed by these newly released violent criminals.
Please don’t quote me again.  Your shtick is  tired. Feel free to make what ever point you want you want to make without involving me.  Thanks. 

They want headlines that suggest intent, even though it’s unclear, and blame the crime on failed liberal policy and/or BLM. Plus an official apology for not painting Kyle Rittenhouse in a favorable light.

Direct Headline: New York man robs woman at knifepoint, is released without bail, steals from another woman hours later: police

After one of the arrests, he reportedly boasted to cops that he knew he'd be released. 

"I know I’m getting out," Garcia told officers at the Fifth Precinct station house, according to the Post. "I have no record."

By Paul Best 11/30/21

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-man-robs-woman-at-knifepoint-is-released-without-bail-steals-from-another-woman-hours-later-police

The second woman who was victimized in New York, when she had a knife pointed at her to threaten her life and to rob her, what do you believe her views are on the clear leftist identity politics driven public policy that let a criminal back out to hunt her down?

Do you think she would call it a "failure"?

There is a clear widespread pattern of this idiotic woke bail "reform" public policy that threatens everyday American citizens, especially in Big Blue strongholds. It inflicted itself upon Waukesha and deep ugly question now is what community is going to be targeted next?

Point to note - No one here on either side of the aisle is going to trade the safety of their children in exchange for your flailing intersectional tribalistic passive aggressive defense of the indefensible.

Direct Headline: New York man robs woman at knifepoint, is released without bail, steals from another woman hours later: police

After one of the arrests, he reportedly boasted to cops that he knew he'd be released. 

"I know I’m getting out," Garcia told officers at the Fifth Precinct station house, according to the Post. "I have no record."

By Paul Best 11/30/21

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-man-robs-woman-at-knifepoint-is-released-without-bail-steals-from-another-woman-hours-later-police

The second woman who was victimized in New York, when she had a knife pointed at her to threaten her life and to rob her, what do you believe her views are on the clear leftist identity politics driven public policy that let a criminal back out to hunt her down?

Do you think she would call it a "failure"?

There is a clear widespread pattern of this idiotic woke bail "reform" public policy that threatens everyday American citizens, especially in Big Blue strongholds. It inflicted itself upon Waukesha and deep ugly question now is what community is going to be targeted next?

Point to note - No one here on either side of the aisle is going to trade the safety of their children in exchange for your flailing intersectional tribalistic passive aggressive defense of the indefensible.

Please don’t quote me again.  Your shtick is  tired. Feel free to make what ever point you want you want to make without involving me.  Thanks. 
Ditto. Especially after you fail to acknowledge /respond to my evidence-based rebuttal of your prior diatribe. Pretty much your SOP, with a sprinkling of survival-of-fittest, end-days non-sequiturs.

"While the shooter was the one who entered the high school and pulled the trigger, there are other individuals who contributed to the events on November 30 and it is my intention to hold them accountable as well," McDonald told reporters during a press conference. "It’s imperative we prevent this from happening again. No other parent or community should have to live through this nightmare."  

The above is associated with the WI shooting, and the parents being charged with involuntary manslaughter. 

The people who let Brooks out on cheap parol, who allowed him to buy a vehicle, who knew the dangers ..... why can't they be charged with involuntary manslaughter as well ? 

"While the shooter was the one who entered the high school and pulled the trigger, there are other individuals who contributed to the events on November 30 and it is my intention to hold them accountable as well," McDonald told reporters during a press conference. "It’s imperative we prevent this from happening again. No other parent or community should have to live through this nightmare."  

The above is associated with the WI shooting, and the parents being charged with involuntary manslaughter. 

The people who let Brooks out on cheap parol, who allowed him to buy a vehicle, who knew the dangers ..... why can't they be charged with involuntary manslaughter as well ? 
His mother should be charged if this is how we are doing it now. She owned the vehicle and she let him drive it and she knew he had a suspended license. 

The parents of the Oxford shooter were charged with involuntary manslaughter. The people who let Brooks out should be charged with the same. 

People are dead and horribly injured. Start holding people accountable for their actions.  

One guy is 39 the other is 15

I’m guessing that the parents of a 39 year old have much less control over his life and actions than they would a 15 year old
One had a lengthy criminal record and 21 years of proving he was a terrible person. And the moment she let him use the car she knew he was breaking the law. 

I find it interesting that the Mass Shootings Thread was locked as well as was a thread started about the Oxford shootings (which has been dominating the news and something people here really wanted to discuss) yet this thread remains open. 

I find it interesting that the Mass Shootings Thread was locked as well as was a thread started about the Oxford shootings (which has been dominating the news and something people here really wanted to discuss) yet this thread remains open. 
It’s not that much of a mystery. This thread has had less personal insults and complaints to the mods. 

These random attacks get lot of publicity and rightly so. In the Ruggs thread it was shown that an average of 30 people die per day from a dui driver.  I'm still going about my day as before, attending parades, art events, getting free donuts and latkes, without worrying about rare random events. I am a little cautious about driving at night on the weekends.

I think so. Do you think she had a reasonable expectation that he would go mow down dozens of people?

Seems outrageous to extend any culpability to her in this instance. At least from the facts that I am aware of. 
She bailed him out of jail. He was there for running somebody over with her car. She let him use it even after that. And she knew he didn't have a license. 

You asked what law he was breaking by driving without a license. Do you live in a country where it is legal to drive without a license? 

One had a lengthy criminal record and 21 years of proving he was a terrible person. And the moment she let him use the car she knew he was breaking the law. 
If a 15-year-old doesn’t get enough food or proper shelter, his/her parents can be charged with child endangerment. If the 15-year-old doesn’t go to school the parents can be hit with a truancy fine.

None of those things apply to the parents of a 39-year-old. A 39-year-old is a grown ### man and his parents are no way responsible for his actions

(except for maybe extreme cases where the 39-year-old is special needs)

I can’t believe I had to actually type this

If a 15-year-old doesn’t get enough food or proper shelter, his/her parents can be charged with child endangerment. If the 15-year-old doesn’t go to school the parents can be hit with a truancy fine.

None of those things apply to the parents of a 39-year-old. A 39-year-old is a grown ### man and his parents are no way responsible for his actions

(except for maybe extreme cases where the 39-year-old is special needs)

I can’t believe I had to actually type this
The kid is being tried as an adult.

So the scenario is no different. In fact it is actually worse in the brooks case since she knew he was a criminal. She knew he liked to run people over. She knew he was going to be committing an illegal act.

He didn't steal the car out of the garage. 

"I can't believe I have to type this."

So the scenario is no different. In fact it is actually worse in the brooks case since she knew he was a criminal. She knew he liked to run people over. She knew he was going to be committing an illegal act.

Trying the 15-year-old as an adult does not absolve his parents from their parental responsibilities. Let’s say the 15-year-old somehow beats this charge, then his parents stop providing him food and shelter. They would be facing the child endangerment charges.

The 39-year old’s parents parental responsibilities ended 21 years ago.

I suppose that the 39 year old’s mother could be charged as an accessory but those charges wouldn’t have anything to do with parental responsibilities.

She bailed him out of jail. He was there for running somebody over with her car. She let him use it even after that. And she knew he didn't have a license. 

You asked what law he was breaking by driving without a license. Do you live in a country where it is legal to drive without a license? 
I asked and answered that question myself. 

Listen this guy is obviously a POS and his mom may be not much better, but I think it is a bit too out there for me to want to convict her for giving her car to him. 

And it seems ludicrous to me to compare it to the parents of the 15 year old shooter. 

Trying the 15-year-old as an adult does not absolve his parents from their parental responsibilities. Let’s say the 15-year-old somehow beats this charge, then his parents stop providing him food and shelter. They would be facing the child endangerment charges.

The 39-year old’s parents parental responsibilities ended 21 years ago.

I suppose that the 39 year old’s mother could be charged as an accessory but those charges wouldn’t have anything to do with parental responsibilities.
I think the case centers on allowing access to a gun that they reasonably should have believed he would do harm with. I don't think there is any law at play here that is centered on parental responsibilities. 

I asked and answered that question myself. 

Listen this guy is obviously a POS and his mom may be not much better, but I think it is a bit too out there for me to want to convict her for giving her car to him. 

And it seems ludicrous to me to compare it to the parents of the 15 year old shooter. 
I think it is ludicrous to give people a free pass for aiding and abetting just because of the age of the perp. 

Well it's technically illegal for him to own a handgun so what they did was technically illegal?

And I hope they run brooks over with an SUV for his sentence

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's technically illegal for him to own a handgun so what they did was technically illegal?

And I hope they run brooks over with an SUV for his sentence
I am not sure I understand this. Didn't the kid go get the gun out of the parents bedroom? Or are you saying the dad was a felon or something and couldn't own a firearm? 

parasaurolophus said:
I am not sure I understand this. Didn't the kid go get the gun out of the parents bedroom? Or are you saying the dad was a felon or something and couldn't own a firearm? 
Are there any safe storage laws in WI that they were negligent with? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to be surprised there are people debating which of these heinous acts is worse, but it's baked into the expectation in our current climate. Anyone picking a side in this battle is part of our perpetual problem.
Nobody was comparing the severity of the attacks. 

But you knew that. 

Letter from Brooks Parents has been put out to the press. 

https://www.cbs58.com/news/we-believe-what-has-happened-is-because-he-was-not-given-the-help-and-resources-he-needed-family-of-darrell-brooks-writes-in-letter-to-the-media

"The Lord spoke to my heart this morning and said to me it is time to speak.

I've been contacted by numerous media outlets for a statement and have until now been reluctant to speak. Because of the way that my family and I have been and attacked in the media and whatever I say will be taken out of content.

It is my hope that what I am about to say dose not get edited and will be made public in it's entirety.

We the family of Darrell Brooks want to give our condolence to the families of those who lives were so tragically taken and all of those who were injured as well as the community of Waukesha. We are deeply saddened and our hearts are torn to pieces over what happened on a day set aside for a community to come together and celebrate. What was meant to be a joyous day became a day of tragedy and heart ache. A day that we wish with all our heart would have never happened.

Darrell did not come from a bad family like many people have said. He came from a loving christian family and is the grandson of ministers. Darrell has suffered from mental health issues since he was very young. In those years he received counseling and was on medication. When he became an adult a decision was made that he no longer suffered from a mental illness. That decision left him with no insurance or financial means to pay for medication and when determind necessary counseling. Mental illness is not cheap to treat but what's more important dollars spent on treatment and recouses or lives lost.

Instead of offering help and resources to combat the problem a jail cell was given. Over and over again. When mental illness is not properly treated the person becomes sicker and sicker. It doesn't go away once a person becomes an adult.

We are not making excuses but we believe what has happened is because he was not given the help and resources he needed. Institutions that are equipped and have trained staff is what was needed as well as resources in the communities where people who suffer with mental illness live.

Jail is not the answer, because they get released back in society sicker than what they were when they entered . We all see what a tragedy that can turn out to be.

We as a society must take mental illness seriously by fixing a broken system or suffer the consequences,

sad as it is to say what happened in Waukesha will keep happening all over this country, in one form or another with more innoncent lives lost and grieving families and communities.

Mental illness is real and the system is broken it can and must be fixed NOW, not next year or with a new legislation NOW. So many like Darrell that have fallen through the cracks because of a broken system that no one cared to address, can get the help they so desperately need.

Mental illness affects every walk of life and dwells in every community.

It's lives in our homes, it lives next door, it's in our school's, the grocery store, shopping malls, movie theater and other places of entertainment, and places of worship, and many other places in our communities even at parades.

What next you say, first our hearts have to heal and we have to come together roll up our sleeves and get to work and do what ever is necessary to fix a system that has for far too long been broken. Myself and my family pray that our Lord and Savior Jesus comfort and strength each of you, and give you all peace that is beyond understanding.

I also ask respectfully that the media please to not invade my home, not to call or send emails, myself and my family need out time to grieve as well.

May Bless each and everyone of you.

Dawn Woods and family"

This trial is being televised on courttv. The judge in the case has been incredibly patient with him with his behavior and constant interruptions and unfounded claims. He is arguing he is a sovereign citizen and therefore the court has no power over him. He's also questioned how the plaintiff (the State of Wisconsin) can charge him when the plaintiff isn't an actual person. The judge has had him removed from the courtroom several times to an adjacent courtroom and participate via video due to his behavior. At one point he sat there shirtless with his back to the camera. God bless that judge

Brooks is complaining daily why the plaintiff (the State of Wisconsin) isn't in court. Objects that the court is referring to him by his name. I have no idea what that is about.
After just about every question Brooks is objecting. The judge is beginning to lose her patience. Brooks only plan seems to be delay delay delay.

Brooks is complaining daily why the plaintiff (the State of Wisconsin) isn't in court. Objects that the court is referring to him by his name. I have no idea what that is about.
After just about every question Brooks is objecting. The judge is beginning to lose her patience. Brooks only plan seems to be delay delay delay.
I think it's twofold: he's trying to delay as long as possible and it's a public display so they can go back on appeal and point to this behavior and claim he was "insane".

Users who are viewing this thread