What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waukesha WI - Christmas Parade Attacked by Driver (Darrell Brooks Jr) in an SUV (2 Viewers)

Jihad squad?  You think all she did was that?

She is most definitely a radical.

Rep. Boebert Calls for Fair Application of Justice With Respect to Rioters

https://boebert.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-boebert-calls-fair-application-justice-respect-rioters

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/16/kamala-harris-minnesota-bail-fund-accused-sexual-assault-child/

MFF (Minnesota Freedom Fund) helped bail out man who allegedly stomped on his victim’s head

Deshaun Jermain Boyd, 33, was (arrested and then) released from jail on $70,000 bail in early July (2020) after he was (formally) charged with 1st-degree aggravated robbery, court records show. He has since pleaded guilty and (now) faces a maximum of 20 years (total) in prison, according to the records.

(Suspect/Repeat Offender) Boyd, without warning, allegedly assaulted and robbed a(n elderly) man who was leaning on a cane on May 25. Boyd and another suspect (then) knocked their (elderly) victim to the ground, then proceeded to repeatedly kick and punch him (towards the face and head), according to a statement of probable cause filed by Minnesota prosecutors.

As the (elderly) victim “attempted to shield his face and body from the repeated blows,” Boyd and his accomplice (then) “started to stomp” on his head, according to the statement.

Following the (unprovoked and vicious) assault, Boyd and his (criminal) associate returned to the (elderly) victim and (then) stole the contents from his pockets, the statement reads. They were (finally) arrested by police a short distance from the scene.

Using Lauren Boebert as a way to derail the thread away from the reality that the sweeping bail "reform" pushed by the current administration and demanded of complicit activist district attorneys in Big Blue strongholds all across America simply let criminals like Darrell Brooks out to terrorize average Americans to fit a specific political agenda.

As in the case of Deshaun Boyd. A career criminal who was bailed out for beating down and robbing an elderly man.

A truly ugly story and narrative that will be routinely suppressed in the left leaning activist complicit MSM. And for Boebert, she started asking the ugly questions about why career criminals are being bailed out but those during J6 were routinely held without bail. You can't just pick what part of due process you want to cook. I don't agree with many of the inciteful things Boebert has said in the past, but she's got a point.

Bail "reform" under this current administration was a ticking time bomb. Darrell Brooks was part of the end result of that. No logical fallacy bombing on your part is going to change that reality.

And that makes Boebert what? What Omar said was wrong…it does not excise the other.   

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/16/kamala-harris-minnesota-bail-fund-accused-sexual-assault-child/

MFF (Minnesota Freedom Fund)-supported defendant violated bail one week after release

(Suspect/Repeat Offender) Richard Raynell Kelley, 53, (currently) faces 20 years in prison on a charge of burglary and 1st-degree assault for allegedly breaking (and entering) into the home a 71-year-old woman ( his own biological mother) in April in violation of an active order of protection, court records show.

After the (elderly) woman, who identified herself to police as the alleged assailant’s mother, confronted Kelley about why he was (criminally trespassing)  at her home, he allegedly grabbed her shoulders, (and then violently) pulled her down from her stairs and (viciously) began “punching and kicking her in the ribs, back, and right eye,” according to a statement of probable cause.

Kelley then allegedly taped the (elderly) woman’s ankles and wrists together at the foot of the stairs and “proceeded to run (his own mother) up and down the stairs multiple times, stepping on Victim ('s body) each time he passed her,” the statement read.

Next, Kelley allegedly told the (elderly) woman he was going to kill her, but instead, he proceeded to make food ( for himself) inside her house and sat on a couch “where he could keep an eye on (his mother), who was still laying, duct-taped, at the bottom of the stairs,” according to the statement.

Ah, more thread derailment attempts.

The question begins to formulate - Was the methodology under which Darrell Brooks released on bail, despite being a career criminal with a history of trying to run people over with his SUV normalized? ( Point to note - the previous incident was with the mother of his child, he literally tried to run over the mother of his own child)

Did this widespread pattern of idiotic bail "reform" operate with such a casual disregard for the public's safety that it actually became "normalized" in our current legal system?

It starts to look like a pattern when a career criminal breaks into his own mother's house, then beats her, then duct tapes her and binds her and drags her up and down the stairs, only stopping long enough to stomp on her, then decides he wants to stop to cook himself some food and just watch her being bound and gagged in her own home for days.

If you have public policy based on pure identity politics driven from the current administration, is it any surprise that there aren't actually more Brooks/Waukesha incidents out there?

Why address the public policy behind the Waukesha massacre when you can try to surgically split hairs as a means to cheap and dirty diversion as a long running bad faith actor?

It appears the corrupted leftist media is done with this story. Nothing on the morning shows, NYT and WaPo .coms zero stories. NBC, CBS and ABC .coms aren’t the least bit curious why a violent career criminal was let out on 1k cash bail. CNN and MSNBC have no interest in digging into the killers background. 

It appears the corrupted leftist media is done with this story. Nothing on the morning shows, NYT and WaPo .coms zero stories. NBC, CBS and ABC .coms aren’t the least bit curious why a violent career criminal was let out on 1k cash bail. CNN and MSNBC have no interest in digging into the killers background. 

To be fair I don't think any of the old ladies and kids that got run over were felons. 

Why would they? It was a car! They put out this tweet just now

CNN

@CNN

·1h

Waukesha will hold a moment of silence today, marking one week since a car drove through a city Christmas parade, killing six people and injuring scores of others.

Coach Morris Buttermaker said:

CNN

@CNN

·1h

Waukesha will hold a moment of silence today, marking one week since a car drove through a city Christmas parade, killing six people and injuring scores of others.
Just trash.

Anybody still defending the legacy media is either on board with the propaganda or not smart enough to see it. 

Not sure about the rest of you but I can’t wait for GG to take his no derailment policy to every single other thread on the board.  NO SIDE TALK ALLOWED!!!   Any talk about anything other then the specific topic means your a radical leftists and MUST be stopped.  Sure sounds like fun to me.  

CNN

@CNN

·1h

Wow.  The horror! 

Would you have felt better if they had said "a man driving a car".  But I think everyone could infer that.

Wow.  The horror! 

Would you have felt better if they had said "a man driving a car".  But I think everyone could infer that.
That’s funny. I thought they were bent because the automobile was identified as a car, rather than an SUV. I didn’t even consider the possibility an autonomous vehicle was the culprit.

That’s funny. I thought they were bent because the automobile was identified as a car, rather than an SUV. I didn’t even consider the possibility an autonomous vehicle was the culprit.
I was confused myself - I assumed the same as you that folks were upset about it being called a car.

CNN

@CNN

·1h

I'll hold my breath waiting for this headline

Waukesha will hold a moment of silence today, marking one week since a knife stabbed people at a city Christmas parade, killing six people and injuring scores of others.

I'll hold my breath waiting for this headline

Waukesha will hold a moment of silence today, marking one week since a knife stabbed people at a city Christmas parade, killing six people and injuring scores of others.
I agree that CNN is very biased and garbage at times but this seems like a silly example to use.  That’s the exact type of language that I’ve seen used numerous times about incidents like this.  I think a better example is them not mentioning the race of the individual when they frequently do for other stories.

I agree that CNN is very biased and garbage at times but this seems like a silly example to use.  That’s the exact type of language that I’ve seen used numerous times about incidents like this.  I think a better example is them not mentioning the race of the individual when they frequently do for other stories.
What better way to not have to name the race....if you don't even include a human in the headline?

What better way to not have to name the race....if you don't even include a human in the headline?
I’m not going to spend any more time defending CNN - I’ll just say I think it’s off base implying they were trying to make people think a driver wasn’t involved.  Can you clarify if that’s what you are implying?  Maybe I’m misreading it.

I’m not going to spend any more time defending CNN - I’ll just say I think it’s off base implying they were trying to make people think a driver wasn’t involved.  Can you clarify if that’s what you are implying?  Maybe I’m misreading it.
I'm implying that the headline would read differently if it was a white person with a similar background.  But yah, I'm not too worked up about it either.

Not sure about the rest of you but I can’t wait for GG to take his no derailment policy to every single other thread on the board.  NO SIDE TALK ALLOWED!!!   Any talk about anything other then the specific topic means your a radical leftists and MUST be stopped.  Sure sounds like fun to me.  

Pretty much SOP in this place.  I can't tell you how many times I have upset the thread police by taking a discussion down a path which went against the narrative of the thread starter. 

I'm implying that the headline would read differently if it was a white person with a similar background.  But yah, I'm not too worked up about it either.
I don’t disagree that that’s very, very likely.  I try to be as objective as possible and reading that headline didn’t give me any pause.  Like I said, I thought people were taking issue with “car” vs. “SUV” which I thought was weird.  It didn’t even register the angle of not mentioning the driver. 

BLM accused of launching bail fund for Waukesha massacre suspect

November 28, 2021

byLaw Officer

MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee branch of Black Lives Matter is accused of trying to raise millions of dollars for Waukesha mass murder suspect Darrell Brooks, whose bail is set at $5 million. A previous GoFundMe account was shut down last week after the platform said that it violated its terms of service.

Days after the original fundraising effort for the alleged massacre suspect was deleted by GoFundMe, a new effort was launched by Holly Zoller, who stated that donations will benefit The Bail Project, a national nonprofit organization that “provides free bail assistance to thousands of low-income Americans every year, reuniting families and restoring the presumption of innocence.”

The Post Millennial reports that the Bail Project is a registered nonprofit on GoFundme. Donations are typically 100 percent tax deductible in the United States, according to GoFundMe.

The new fundraiser states that “we believe that paying bail for someone in need is an act of resistance against a system that criminalizes race and poverty and an act of solidarity with local communities and movements for decarceration.”

ETA - I didn't intend to drag you back into this I just read your post first and responded. 

I dont think people are calling it out because they think a autonomous car was driving, I think they're upset because they didn't say the truth which was that a crazed maniac ran down old ladies and kids. In an era of clickbait titles its even more strange that they didnt hype up the headline for more clicks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t disagree that that’s very, very likely.  I try to be as objective as possible and reading that headline didn’t give me any pause.  Like I said, I thought people were taking issue with “car” vs. “SUV” which I thought was weird.  It didn’t even register the angle of not mentioning the driver. 
Of course it didn't give you pause. Your knee jerk reaction is to defend CNN without even understanding the criticism. 

At least Wapo had the good sense to delete their dumb tweet that was basically the same. 

Of course it didn't give you pause. Your knee jerk reaction is to defend CNN without even understanding the criticism. 

At least Wapo had the good sense to delete their dumb tweet that was basically the same. 
I’ve had two posts in the last page and years of putting down CNN - you are off base.

I’ve had two posts in the last page and years of putting down CNN - you are off base.
He's doubling down.  It's what he does.  

Some posters don't differentiate between posters they consider non-Trump supporters.  If he had just read this page he could have seen that you aren't a CNN fan, but just thought that there was an over reaction to this tweet.

He's doubling down.  It's what he does.  

Some posters don't differentiate between posters they consider non-Trump supporters.  If he had just read this page he could have seen that you aren't a CNN fan, but just thought that there was an over reaction to this tweet.
Para’s a good dude - I’m not offended that he may think I’m defending CNN.  If you posted that Tweet with zero context I wouldn’t bat an eye.  Like I said before, I thought the controversy was about car vs. SUV.

Pretty much SOP in this place.  I can't tell you how many times I have upset the thread police by taking a discussion down a path which went against the narrative of the thread starter. 
Jon I highly doubt you were called a radical leftist who is trying to derail a thread because you responded to someone’s football comment.  

This guy, Brooks, is likely irate that the "white supermacist" in Charlottesville only ran over one person and was all over the news for months, and yet he manages to take out a handful and barely gets any mention.

This guy, Brooks, is likely irate that the "white supermacist" in Charlottesville only ran over one person and was all over the news for months, and yet he manages to take out a handful and barely gets any mention.
Barely gets any mention?  He has been all over even the local news here in Nashville.  They talked about it again last night here.  Including talking about him.

And yes...when one is clearly done to mow down a protester...in a highly inflamed racial situation...its going to get more play than so far what we know of this guy.  If it turns out he really was going after people for being white...its going to get a ton more play even than it already has.

Seems nothing new has really come out on this...what do you expect news to keep reporting?  The same things we already know?

also...joking about coverage when discussing deaths...seems a bit out there.

Wait...the headline called it a car attack...how can a car attack?

Also...yes calling it terrorism is going to be a matter of what was the motivation.  That motivation seemed clearly political which is a big part of the definition of terrorism.

the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/terrorism-2002-2005#:~:text=Terrorism is defined in the,Section 0.85).

Wait...the headline called it a car attack...how can a car attack?
:rolleyes: I guess the nuance is that they label it terrorism and go into detail how the attacker is a white supremacist where as Brooks is identified as "the alleged driver". 

The distinction is reporting seems to be to mute what Mr. Brooks has done, whereas when the racial makeup fits the right mold, we hear about it endlessly....almost as if the act itself is measured based on the race of the people involved vs the act itself.   :no:
That article is measured based on the act.  Based on the actual definition of terrorism.

If Brooks is determined to have done this intentionally based on political/social "objectives" then, by all means, label him a terrorist.

:rolleyes: I guess the nuance is that they label it terrorism and go into detail how the attacker is a white supremacist where as Brooks is identified as "the alleged driver". 
They labeled it terrorism because the definition was clearly met.

But I was getting a bit in there about the headlines people have complained about in this instance.

They labeled it terrorism because the definition was clearly met.

But I was getting a bit in there about the headlines people have complained about in this instance.
Ok here then. All of these within 3 days of the attack. 

Charlottesville suspect may have been sending a message, DOJ official says

Teacher, ex-classmate describe Charlottesville suspect as Nazi sympathizer

Charlottesville killing was an act of domestic terrorism

A Hate Crime? How the Charlottesville Car Attack May Become a Federal Case

The first is straight from the FBI.  What is your issue with how that is reported?

2nd...similar to what we have seen from right leaning sites about Brooks?  Seems yes...CNN is the left equivalent of Fox.  Not sure anyone is really denying that?

3rd...even they use "allegedly" there...a complaint some had about this one with Brooks too?  Again...by the definition of terrorism...it appears that is the right term there.  That seemed to be the motivation and seemed clear there.

4th...not paying for the article...but its an opinion of how it may become a federal case...do you have an opposition to that?

Do you not see the difference in plowing through a crowd at a political type rally/protest vs what Brooks did?

And again...seems many of the headlines of it being a car crash, or a car running into the people...all very similar.  Were there the same complaints of that then that we are seeing now with people complaining about WashPo and others using such terminology in headlines?

BLM accused of launching bail fund for Waukesha massacre suspect

November 28, 2021

byLaw Officer

MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee branch of Black Lives Matter is accused of trying to raise millions of dollars for Waukesha mass murder suspect Darrell Brooks, whose bail is set at $5 million. A previous GoFundMe account was shut down last week after the platform said that it violated its terms of service.

Days after the original fundraising effort for the alleged massacre suspect was deleted by GoFundMe, a new effort was launched by Holly Zoller, who stated that donations will benefit The Bail Project, a national nonprofit organization that “provides free bail assistance to thousands of low-income Americans every year, reuniting families and restoring the presumption of innocence.”

The Post Millennial reports that the Bail Project is a registered nonprofit on GoFundme. Donations are typically 100 percent tax deductible in the United States, according to GoFundMe.

The new fundraiser states that “we believe that paying bail for someone in need is an act of resistance against a system that criminalizes race and poverty and an act of solidarity with local communities and movements for decarceration.”
lovely people that BLM group.

That article is measured based on the act.  Based on the actual definition of terrorism.

If Brooks is determined to have done this intentionally based on political/social "objectives" then, by all means, label him a terrorist.

If you do not see the distinction in how these events are being communicated, and I think you likely do, not sure we can find common ground.

If you do not see the distinction in how these events are being communicated, and I think you likely do, not sure we can find common ground.
I see the distinction in that one was a clear case of terrorism.   Do you disagree?

And Brooks…its not yet clear.

They should be reported differently as they were different situations from the start.

This is weird, because Sho continues to insist he's a right-leaning "independent".  Can't believe you can't find any common ground.

This is weird, because Sho continues to insist he's a right-leaning "independent".  Can't believe you can't find any common ground.
Not at all what I insist.  You really should read what I actually say if you want to comment about me.

Common ground is great.  I cant find common ground with those who refuse to admit a difference in situations will lead to a difference in reporting.

Had Brooks rammed  through a tense situation at a march or life of 2nd Amendment parade…it would have been labeled terrorism pretty quick.  It may still be if his motivations were political/social.  Unlike Charlottesville…where that was abundantly clear from the start… we dont yet know that.

I see the distinction in that one was a clear case of terrorism.   Do you disagree?

And Brooks…its not yet clear.

They should be reported differently as they were different situations from the start.

I am not really all that concerned with what people use as a descriptor.

Did a moron run over someone? Yes. We have laws for that.   Their color, religion, political tilt, gender.....not of that really matters.

I would prefer we stop trying to categorize.

I am not really all that concerned with what people use as a descriptor.

Did a moron run over someone? Yes. We have laws for that.   Their color, religion, political tilt, gender.....not of that really matters.

I would prefer we stop trying to categorize.
Ok...cool.  I think we should categorize things by the definition.  In one case...even the FBI called it terrorism as it met the criteria in their definition.

Does not mean it was unwarranted in doing so...or calling Brooks a terrorist now is warranted (as there is yet to be evidence to suggest it was).

Ok...cool.  I think we should categorize things by the definition.  In one case...even the FBI called it terrorism as it met the criteria in their definition.

Does not mean it was unwarranted in doing so...or calling Brooks a terrorist now is warranted (as there is yet to be evidence to suggest it was).

I do not see Brooks as a "terrorist" I think that is pointless.  He is a career criminal who recently committed more crime.

I do not see Brooks as a "terrorist" I think that is pointless.  He is a career criminal who recently committed more crime.
I agree with you.  So he should be reported on differently than a guy who committed what is, by the FBI's admission, and act of terrorism.

The first is straight from the FBI.  What is your issue with how that is reported?

2nd...similar to what we have seen from right leaning sites about Brooks?  Seems yes...CNN is the left equivalent of Fox.  Not sure anyone is really denying that?

3rd...even they use "allegedly" there...a complaint some had about this one with Brooks too?  Again...by the definition of terrorism...it appears that is the right term there.  That seemed to be the motivation and seemed clear there.

4th...not paying for the article...but its an opinion of how it may become a federal case...do you have an opposition to that?

Do you not see the difference in plowing through a crowd at a political type rally/protest vs what Brooks did?

And again...seems many of the headlines of it being a car crash, or a car running into the people...all very similar.  Were there the same complaints of that then that we are seeing now with people complaining about WashPo and others using such terminology in headlines?
It’s odd that you’re always defending criminals. 

I agree with you.  So he should be reported on differently than a guy who committed what is, by the FBI's admission, and act of terrorism.

How and why?

Why is one death from terrorism more worthy of coverage than multiple by a non-terrorist?  

You already know the answer, but continue to pretend its not true.

Users who are viewing this thread