What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waukesha WI - Christmas Parade Attacked by Driver (Darrell Brooks Jr) in an SUV (1 Viewer)

How is this tragedy political?

1.  The guy was at least partially driven by a lot of the anti-white rhetoric pushed by the woke liberals.

2.  BLM has pushed for bail reform with lower bails.  This guy is released on a ridiculously low bail for his crimes.  He should have been locked up instead of being out killing people. 

Wow you are really a cynical person. Unreal man. 
I was simply responding to a poster who was commenting on the Rams Green Bay game this weekend.  2 human beings having a normal side conversation about an upcoming game.  No sinister plot, no political  motivations. Just normal people having a normal quick football conversation on a, ya know, football message board. Relax bro, there no boogie man round the corner here. 

Direct Headline: NYC subway thief thanks Democrats after his 139th arrest, release: 'Bail reform, it’s lit!'

By Danielle Wallace February 16, 2020

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-bail-reform-law-nyc-subway-thief-thanks-democrats-139th-arrest

(Suspect/Repeat Offender) Charles Barry, 56, has been (previously) arrested six times since the start of this year. He’s been released each (and every) time without having to post bail under New York’s new (changed) bail reform law since his alleged offenses were (considered) nonviolent, the New York Daily News (has) reported. In the past, Barry’s served several stints in (New York) state prison and has a lengthy (criminal) record, including six felonies, 87 misdemeanors and 21 missed court hearings, the newspaper reported, citing (official) court records.

“Bail reform, it’s lit!” Barry yelled to (multiple) reporters Thursday outside the NYPD Transit District 1 headquarters in the Columbus Circle station before (NYPD) officers transported him to Manhattan Central Booking. “It’s the Democrats! The Democrats know me and the Republicans fear me. You can’t touch me! I can’t be stopped!

“I’m famous! I take $200, $300 a day of your money, cr----r! ( re:cracker)You can’t (ever) stop me!” Barry shouted to (present) reporters.  “It’s a great thing. (i.e. NY's new bail policy) It’s a beautiful thing. They punk’ed people out for bullsh-- crimes.”

A high-ranking official in the New York City Police Department said because of the new ( public policy changing current) bail reform law, (repeat) offenders like Barry are released and then repeat the (exact) same crimes (over and over) because judges cannot order them to be held in jail before trial.

You keep attempting to derail the subject matter of the thread topic.

There's a clear consistent pattern of radical leftists using sealioning, ad hominem, logical fallacy bombing, baiting to try to incite others to game the Report Button, thread derailment, whataboutism, Orange Man Bad and on and on and on. Doesn't work on me. Has never worked on me. Will never work on me.

The Brooks/Waukesha massacre is going to highlight the DA who set the new policy to allow Brooks to be released, and saying that eventually someone would be killed by widespread release of criminals but implied that it was the cost of doing business.

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/801524-waukesha-wi-christmas-parade-attacked-by-driver-darrell-brooks-jr-in-an-suv/?do=findComment&comment=23724846

Then there will be deep tracking to crimes and repeat of crimes like in the article shown above when the average citizen wants to know whom else has been released besides Brooks to terrorize the public at large. Where the same criminal uses NY commuters, people just trying to get to work and live their lives, as prey because at the time, Cuomo had to toe the line with the mandates of the larger Party apparatus. The Obama/Biden/Harris/Rice regime and DNC HQ made it clear - If you are are a member of the Democratic Party anywhere down the ticket, you better fall in line or you can fall period in your next election.

It's not like the Democratic Party was looking to do very well in the 2022 Mid Terms. But add this to the mix and it's going to be a statement by the American people that enough is enough. Allowing criminals to terrorize everyday Americans already suffering from the pandemic and rising prices everywhere forces them to become high information voters. The radical leftist agenda simply disintegrates without low information voters. Because it's indefensible. What Brooks did and why he was even on the streets in the first place is indefensible. Letting career criminals out again and again to inflict their carnage on the public is indefensible.

Yeah it’s easy when you message is Guns and America!  A little tougher when you are actually trying to have some nuance.  

Direct Headline: Andrew Cuomo Complains That Looters Are Getting Out Of Jail — His Bail Reform Opened The Door

Democratic New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is pushing for looters to be charged with bail-eligible crimes — after his sweeping bail reforms made that all but impossible.

Virginia Kruta June 05, 2020 10:11 AM ET

https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/05/andrew-cuomo-complains-looters-out-jail-bail-reform/

TWEET: Bryan Llenas XX@XXBryanLlenas

NYPD (officials) tells Fox News - they have made approximately 500 arrests for burglary, citywide (in the last three days), with approximately 400 of them in Manhattan ( in the last 72 hours). NYPD says (these) numbers will (only) go up as more arrests are processed. Almost all (of those suspects) arrested will be released without bail due to the city’s (new) bail reform laws.

3:46 PM · Jun 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/BryanLlenas/status/1267950747439837185

TWEET: Archive: Governor Andrew Cuomo XX@XXNYGovCuomo

For businesses that were impacted by looting, DFS is directing insurers to expedite claims, provide free mediation of disputes, and accept photos as reasonable proof of loss so businesses don’t have to wait for police reports.

10:30 AM · Jun 4, 2020·

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1268595905688752131

What does Darrell Brooks and the massacre in Waukesha have to do with gun control laws or the controversy over 2A? The only firearm used was when a single police officer, after seeing countless elderly and defenseless children being run down, fired at Brook's SUV to try to stop more people from being bulldozed. The only firearm in question was fired by a sworn peace officer in the performance of his duties.

Cheap dirty lazy attempt at derailment.

Here's some "nuance" about why Brooks was even on the streets in the first place. Sweeping bail reform didn't just catalyze the Waukesha massacre, it was applied across the nation in Big Blue Cities and Blue dominated strongholds.

Since deposed Andrew Cuomo went out to the media demanding looters be thrown in jail, and questioned why they were being released over and over again to keep the burning and looting going, when it was his own direct policy that kept them out on the streets in the first place.

A journalist took a sampling and over 500 burglars were arrested citywide in a three day span and all were released without bail. That's just THREE DAYS.And that's just one type of career criminal at work. Can you imagine across all crimes for an entire year?

How does Cuomo respond? ( Keep in mind this the same guy who used nursing homes as impromptu COVID19 death camps for the elderly to appease his Big Medicine and Big Pharma donors and spent the rest of the time basking in his Emmy, writing book about his heroism about the pandemic and sexually assaulting womenHe responds by saying that the NY city government is going to make it easier for anyone looted and burned out to file an insurance claim. And by the way, you won't need a police report anymore to file. Because why have small business owners, many of them minorities, have documentation showing evidence of the total carnage that could be used against him later in a future election.

The establishment Democrat way - I did it but I didn't do it, it's not my fault, we don't want documentation, you should blame your insurance company for not helping you.

I think Sabertooth may have hit a nerve.  Did you want to address his statement about the Republican party of 2014 compared to now, or just deflect.  Do you believe that the Republicans have not played up to the Radicals during the Trump years?

Direct Headline: Bail Fund Promoted By Kamala Harris Helped Man Accused Of Sexually Penetrating A Child

Andrew Kerr and Kyle Hooten September 16, 2020 8:34 PM ET

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/16/kamala-harris-minnesota-bail-fund-accused-sexual-assault-child/

(Then VPOTUS nominee Kamala) Harris urged her followers to (financially) contribute to the MFF (Minnesota Freedom Fund) in a June 1 tweet, which linked to a (publicly accessible) fundraising page that contains her picture. Harris’s fundraising page (still) continues to actively accept donations for the fund. 

(Suspect/Repeat Offender)Timothy Wayne Columbus, 36, faces up to 30 years in (state) prison for allegedly sexually assaulting an eight-year-old girl in 2015, court records show. He was (then) released from a Minneapolis jail in early July on $75,000 bail, according to jail records.

One day after his release, Columbus signed a (n official) document asking the (ruling) court to return any (potential) refunded bail to the MFF (Minnesota Freedom Fund), indicating that the fund (itself) played a role in securing his release from jail, a court document obtained by the DCNF shows.

Columbus was (shown as previously) a registered predatory offender for a separate incident prior to his arrest in June, according to the statement.

Here's something "radical", how about less Whataboutism and Orange Man Bad and taking a deeper look at the sweeping bail reform and the funds that support them, being propped up by establishment Democrats like Kamala Harris.

Harris wanted American citizens to contribute money to the MFF, using it as virtue signaling to wash away the open media optics stink of Tulsi Gabbard pointing out that Harris suppressed evidence as California Attorney General to keep young black men in prison.

The money was used, in part, to bail out a pedophile.

Kamala Harris will break the law and commit federal offenses to keep possibly innocent people in prison but will do her part to make sure money is available to keep pedophiles and registered sex offenders back onto the streets to hunt down more children?

Darrell Brooks in Waukesha will be painted by establishment Democrats in the activist complicit MSM as some kind of "one off" type exception to the rule. They will hope low information voters will bite at the single headlines and not look deeper into this corrupt and idiotic public policy madness. But Brooks was the end result of a culmination of direct public policy that left innocent American citizens as prey to criminals.

1.  The guy was at least partially driven by a lot of the anti-white rhetoric pushed by the woke liberals.

2.  BLM has pushed for bail reform with lower bails.  This guy is released on a ridiculously low bail for his crimes.  He should have been locked up instead of being out killing people. 
So white "woke liberals" are driving anti-white rhetoric?  You realize that wanting everyone to have equality doesn't equal anti-white, right?

And BLM has caused lower bails?  Like that hasn't been an issue long before BLM was even a thing?  And when did BLM become the boogeyman for the right?

I have to say jon, you seem to live in a very different world than most of us.  Most of us white guys look around, see the major power positions in society as completely dominated by white men, and realize that being a white guy is nothing but an advantage in this world.  Your "anti-white/woke liberal" crusade is simply a fantasy.  One I don't understand how anyone could possibly believe.  What levels of power in this country aren't dominated by white men?

I think Sabertooth may have hit a nerve.  Did you want to address his statement about the Republican party of 2014 compared to now, or just deflect.  Do you believe that the Republicans have not played up to the Radicals during the Trump years?
And what does he consider people like Boebert?  Look at her recent comments about Ihan Omar.  To ever claim only one party has radicals is to ignore the truth.

So white "woke liberals" are driving anti-white rhetoric?  You realize that wanting everyone to have equality doesn't equal anti-white, right?

And BLM has caused lower bails?  Like that hasn't been an issue long before BLM was even a thing?  And when did BLM become the boogeyman for the right?

I have to say jon, you seem to live in a very different world than most of us.  Most of us white guys look around, see the major power positions in society as completely dominated by white men, and realize that being a white guy is nothing but an advantage in this world.  Your "anti-white/woke liberal" crusade is simply a fantasy.  One I don't understand how anyone could possibly believe.  What levels of power in this country aren't dominated by white men?

Lol...wokism is the exact opposite of equality.  It is different rules for different groups.  It is extremely prejudice against certain people.  People of color are good-hearted folks who are victims, white folks are evil power-hungry oppressors.  It is an absolute sickening political movement born of hate. 

As far as power positions, we just have had a black president.  I have a black school buddy who is a federal judge on the DC federal court of appeals.  The Supreme Court has women, a Hispanic and an African American on it.  There are African American generals, admirals, and CEOs.  Sports, music and entertainment are dominated by people of color.  There are more black millionaires in the US than the rest of the world combined.  Sure not every position in the US has equal representation, but the biggest obstacles these days are within the groups.  It is the victim mentality and a refusal to look within and do something about the crime-ridden inner-cities.  We will only have a harmonious society when all people are respected and treated as equals and all people have a mentality of self-empowerment and personal responsibility.

This victim mentality which blames other races for their problem was the exact same formula used by some of the most evil authoritarian movements in history.  There is nothing positive about the politically-correct wokism which dominates the ideology of modern liberalism.

Lol...wokism is the exact opposite of equality.  It is different rules for different groups.  It is extremely prejudice against certain people.  People of color are good-hearted folks who are victims, white folks are evil power-hungry oppressors.  It is an absolute sickening political movement born of hate. 

As far as power positions, we just have had a black president.  I have a black school buddy who is a federal judge on the DC federal court of appeals.  The Supreme Court has women, a Hispanic and an African American on it.  There are African American generals, admirals, and CEOs.  Sports, music and entertainment are dominated by people of color.  There are more black millionaires in the US than the rest of the world combined.  Sure not every position in the US has equal representation, but the biggest obstacles these days are within the groups.  It is the victim mentality and a refusal to look within and do something about the crime-ridden inner-cities.  We will only have a harmonious society when all people are respected and treated as equals and all people have a mentality of self-empowerment and personal responsibility.

This victim mentality which blames other races for their problem was the exact same formula used by some of the most evil authoritarian movements in history.  There is nothing positive about the politically-correct wokism which dominates the ideology of modern liberalism.
How many non-whites are in Congress?  How about governors?  And we just had a black president?  WAT?

How many non-whites run Fortune 1000 companies?  How many are presidents of colleges?

And sports, music, and entertainment are dominated by people of color?  Jon your perception is really skewed.  Whites dominate every aspect of life other than the NBA and NFL.  Sure there's stupid wokism going on now, I agree with that and don't find it helpful.  But to suggest that whites are somehow at a disadvantage is simply silly.

The inner cities are certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.  But they've been an issue for decades and have nothing to do with a victim mentality.  

Last edited by a moderator:
How many non-whites are in Congress?  How about governors?  And we just had a black president?  WAT?

How many non-whites run Fortune 1000 companies?  How many are presidents of colleges?

And sports, music, and entertainment are dominated by people of color?  Jon your perception is really skewed.  Whites dominate every aspect of life other than the NBA and NFL.  Sure there's stupid wokism going on now, I agree with that and don't find it helpful.  But to suggest that whites are somehow at a disadvantage is simply silly.

The inner cities are certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.  But they've been an issue for decades and have nothing to do with a victim mentality.  
Why the laughing emoji @BladeRunner?

What did I post that isn't accurate?

Woke people never use the term "equality.". That's for people like me, who live in a world flavored by classical liberalism, which includes everybody from Hillary Clinton to Mitt Romney.

The preferred woke term is "equity," which sounds similar to the uninitiated but is explicitly about treating people unequally.

Woke people never use the term "equality.". That's for people like me, who live in a world flavored by classical liberalism, which includes everybody from Hillary Clinton to Mitt Romney.

The preferred woke term is "equity," which sounds similar to the uninitiated but is explicitly about treating people unequally.
Ok I agree.  Do you believe that whites are now discriminated against and at a disadvantage in our country due to wokism?

Is it your belief that he should have never been arrested? 
Yes he should have been arrested. But once the evidence is reviewed in an impartial way, it would be clear that no case was there to make. The prosecutors were either pressured into bringing it to trial or did so on their own for reasons other than the law. 

Yes he should have been arrested. But once the evidence is reviewed in an impartial way, it would be clear that no case was there to make. The prosecutors were either pressured into bringing it to trial or did so on their own for reasons other than the law. 

Of that, there is ZERO debate.  This was clearly motivated by personal politics than anything in the actual laws.

Or you're just incredibly bad at math. There are 234 Million whites. there are 40 million blacks. 50 million Hispanics. Of course there will be more whites in all positions. 

On the bolded - Please don't speak for me. I am not part of your silver spoon fed white guilt. 

Or you're just incredibly bad at math. There are 234 Million whites. there are 40 million blacks. 50 million Hispanics. Of course there will be more whites in all positions. 

On the bolded - Please don't speak for me. I am not part of your silver spoon fed white guilt. 
Most of the time when people are talking about the topic, it's %s, not raw #s.  

Most of the time when people are talking about the topic, it's %s, not raw #s.  

Plain and simple, less people equals less qualified people. Its BASIC math. If you want to get into the percentages then we have to talk about single parenthood, same race crime, lower test scores and so so forth. Those things all need to be addressed and healed. You can't just start at the top and lop off the head and think the body will follow. 

And what does he consider people like Boebert?  Look at her recent comments about Ihan Omar.  To ever claim only one party has radicals is to ignore the truth.
She just called out that she married her brother to get around immigration law.   How is that radical?

Plain and simple, less people equals less qualified people. Its BASIC math. If you want to get into the percentages then we have to talk about single parenthood, same race crime, lower test scores and so so forth. Those things all need to be addressed and healed. You can't just start at the top and lop off the head and think the body will follow. 
Not saying we do.   We will disagree on root causes, but I am not advocating doing the bolded.  

You think my perception is skewed?   You asked how many non-whites are in congress:

About a quarter of voting members (23%) of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate are racial or ethnic minorities, making the 117th Congress the most racially and ethnically diverse in history.

Seems like a reasonable number.  You could argue it should be a little more, but we are close and the trend is in that direction.   As far as Presidents, your argument is asinine.  Of course this country presidents pre-1960's were white.  We were still a country which was based on highly discriminatory policies.  But in the three decades which followed, those policies were eliminated and we added many policies which protected the rights of minorities and outlawed discriminatory practices.  In the last five elections we elected a black president twice and a black VP.  

She just called out that she married her brother to get around immigration law.   How is that radical?
She made a terrorism joke about her. I dont know if I would say it was radical, but it was certainly not ok. 
Lauren Boebert said she was recently in a Capitol elevator with Ilhan Omar when a fretful Capitol police officer ran up. Lauren Boebert said: “Well, she doesn’t have a backpack. We should be fine.” Boebert then called Ilhan Omar, “jihad squad.”

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1463903881553920004?s=20

Can we not do the "but" in regards to this and all just agree that this is not funny and completely inappropriate?

You think my perception is skewed?   You asked how many non-whites are in congress:

About a quarter of voting members (23%) of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate are racial or ethnic minorities, making the 117th Congress the most racially and ethnically diverse in history.

Seems like a reasonable number.  You could argue it should be a little more, but we are close and the trend is in that direction.   As far as Presidents, your argument is asinine.  Of course this country presidents pre-1960's were white.  We were still a country which was based on highly discriminatory policies.  But in the three decades which followed, those policies were eliminated and we added many policies which protected the rights of minorities and outlawed discriminatory practices.  In the last five elections we elected a black president twice and a black VP.  
So basically half of what a true representative % would be.

Now do Fortune 1,000 companies, college presidents, etc.

Man, white guilt if we acknowledge that white men have an advantage in this country?

WOW

Absolutely.  They should have investigated it, questioned him and let him go.  They filed charges before the bodies were cold despite everything pointing towards legal self-defense. 
Thanks for your responses

Now back to the original reason I interacted with you in this thread, tell me more about your belief that bail reform is only for black people.

Here is your original post that I responded to

Again....the only reason leftist rags are taking the 'high' road is because it is their side who has blood on their hands in this story.  It is very embarrassing that their justice reform (lower bail for Black assailants) directly lead to 6 deaths and nearly 50 injuries.  It is very embarrassing someone who supports their pet movement, BLM committed such horrific act.  It is embarrassing that this is a black on white terrorist assault.  Flip the facts, and it is 100 percent guaranteed that the left politicized the facts to a far greater extend than what Fox is doing.  Guarant ####### teed.   At least in this case the stories are factual.  In the Rittenhouse case the left had to repeatedly and shamelessly lie to make it political.  

College presidents 68 percent white, 14 percent Hispanic, 11 percent black.  Seems very reasonable and continues to improve.   

Any failures in not having black governors is mostly on the Democrats, since 94% of blacks vote Democrat.  One-third of all Democratic candidates should be black if they are their party really believed in what they call equity.  But Democrats are the worst.  On the flip side, black Republicans only represent about 1 or 2 percent of their total, and by percentages are over represented within their party.  

Thanks for your responses

Now back to the original reason I interacted with you in this thread, tell me more about your belief that bail reform is only for black people.

Here is your original post that I responded to

What a moronic and offensive strawman.  You accuse me of saying bail reform is only for black people???  How dare you state such a lie.  Don't put those racist words in my mouth.  Bail should be based on the crime committed, criminal history of the accused, and the risk of flight.  Bail should have nothing to do with race.

She made a terrorism joke about her. I dont know if I would say it was radical, but it was certainly not ok. 

Here is what Omar thinks about 9/11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6mGc3l6kMs

"Some people did something."

She's a terrorist loving anti-semite.  I have no problem with her being called out as such, either straight up or via a joke.  A joke not based on actual conduct/comments would be reprehensible; one based upon the record is not.

Again. Your poor math is showing. Let’s just use white and back for now to keep it real simple…

330 million people. 234 million are white. 

13% of the country is black. So using your (racist) math, that means a “true representation” would be 13% across the  board. 

Here is what Omar thinks about 9/11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6mGc3l6kMs

"Some people did something."

She's a terrorist loving anti-semite.  I have no problem with her being called out as such, either straight up or via a joke.  A joke not based on actual conduct/comments would be reprehensible; one based upon the record is not.
And that makes Boebert what? What Omar said was wrong…it does not excise the other.   

So you as a white man are at a disadvantage in the US.  Give me an example from your life please.
do you mean like how I needed to have better grades than all of my black friends to get in the college? Or do you mean when the football coach in high school told me that he would never let a white boy play running back? Or do you mean when I got chased and got my ### beat on an almost daily basis in elementary school? Or do you mean when I was continually #### on for the color of my skin all throughout grade school?

None of that #### matters now, I brushed it off and I still succeeded. I will tell you this, when I stopped acting like a knucklehead, stop selling drugs and then dressed and acted appropriately my life turned around. It wasn’t because I was white it was because I got my #### together.

I guess it all depends on where you grow up Ricky Schroder.

What a moronic and offensive strawman.  You accuse me of saying bail reform is only for black people???  How dare you state such a lie.  Don't put those racist words in my mouth.  Bail should be based on the crime committed, criminal history of the accused, and the risk of flight.  Bail should have nothing to do with race.
So now you are trying to play the victim?

I didn’t accuse you of anything nor did I put words in your mouth.

YOU typed the words yourself

I simply questioned what YOU typed.

I noticed how you “conveniently” left out your original post that I was questioning.

No worries I included it again for you, so that you can read what YOU typed.

Again....the only reason leftist rags are taking the 'high' road is because it is their side who has blood on their hands in this story.  It is very embarrassing that their justice reform (lower bail for Black assailants) directly lead to 6 deaths and nearly 50 injuries.  It is very embarrassing someone who supports their pet movement, BLM committed such horrific act.  It is embarrassing that this is a black on white terrorist assault.  Flip the facts, and it is 100 percent guaranteed that the left politicized the facts to a far greater extend than what Fox is doing.  Guarant ####### teed.   At least in this case the stories are factual.  In the Rittenhouse case the left had to repeatedly and shamelessly lie to make it political.  
In response to the post above, I asked if only black people were going to get lower bail. Instead of saying no, you kind of doubled down with a  response about Rittenhouse’s bail.

So now you are trying to play the victim?

I didn’t accuse you of anything nor did I put words in your mouth.

YOU typed the words yourself

I simply questioned what YOU typed.

I noticed how you “conveniently” left out your original post that I was questioning.

No worries I included it again for you, so that you can read what YOU typed.

In response to the post above, I asked if only black people were going to get lower bail. Instead of saying no, you kind of doubled down with a  response about Rittenhouse’s bail.

I am not playing victim.  I am calling you a liar.

I am not playing victim.  I am calling you a liar.

??????  Nowhere does it say anything near what you claim I said.  You are not only a liar, but you are disinegenuous.  

??????  Nowhere does it say anything near what you claim I said.  You are not only a liar, but you are disinegenuous.  
If anyone is being disingenuous here it’s you.

I specifically asked you about this line from your little diatribe.

"It is very embarrassing that their justice reform (lower bail for Black assailants)"

You wrote it, I asked you about it. Now you lying and trying to say I put words in your mouth.  

I didn't put any words in your mouth, I asked you to explain the words coming from your mouth. 

Users who are viewing this thread