What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WDIS - Flex (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
1 point ppr league

I'm deciding between Adam Thielen, Christian Watson, Alan Lazard, or Mike Williams (assuming he plays). I've also got some people rating Nico Collins or Parris Campbell up there on waivers, so I could grab one of them.

Mike Williams is Sunday night so I will only consider him if I know he's healthy. Watson and Lazard go tonight so I would need to pick one of them today.

Thielen seems like the safe pick. Watson certainly earned Rodgers' trust on Sunday, but it remains to be seen if it was just a one game fluke.

I'm starting AJ Brown and Saint Brown at WR 1 and 2, so they are a lock.

First off, IF Mike Williams plays, I wouldn't trust him to have a high snap count. Years ago, I got burned on a Roddy White "he's back" from a high ankle sprain, only to get treated to seeing him jog around gingerly for about 40% of the plays,.. and make one catch for 4-5 yards,... classic "decoy" strategy. I am stuck between Watson and Theilen, so the question I ask is, "who are you playing"? If you are facing a league leader and you are looking uphill for an upset win, I think Watson is the far better "boom/bust" play. If you are facing a bottom-dweller matchup in a should-win situation, you may just want to roll with Thielen as he has a safer/higher floor.

First off, IF Mike Williams plays, I wouldn't trust him to have a high snap count. Years ago, I got burned on a Roddy White "he's back" from a high ankle sprain, only to get treated to seeing him jog around gingerly for about 40% of the plays,.. and make one catch for 4-5 yards,... classic "decoy" strategy. I am stuck between Watson and Theilen, so the question I ask is, "who are you playing"? If you are facing a league leader and you are looking uphill for an upset win, I think Watson is the far better "boom/bust" play. If you are facing a bottom-dweller matchup in a should-win situation, you may just want to roll with Thielen as he has a safer/higher floor.
The bold is exactly right for this situation. I would base it on your matchup and what you need. Williams is out of the question because he doesn't have the highest ceiling or floor so he isn't even in consideration.

To answer the other questions I would definitely pick up Campbell as he has been great with Ryan the last few weeks Ryan has started. He is worth a pickup and would slide in as my "floor" option for the start/sit question over Thielen.

Totally agree on Williams,I've also been burnt in the past in an identical situation from the same injury. I'd pass on Collins and Cambell,they're no better than the others.
Thielen has the highest floor but not the highest ceiling. Lazard would be a consideration but Watson will diminish his value. Watson clearly has the higher ceiling imop.
Don't be scared off by cold weather or even snow,wind is the only thing I consider. I'm a high ceiling player so my pick would be Watson.

Users who are viewing this thread