What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We’re moving away from the center (2 Viewers)

I've made two or three rather large post in other threads about how defund the police could and should mean more than just reorganizing police departments.   I don't want to be a broken record, but to me it also means asking the question as to whether we could achieve the same goal(s) more effectively with less policing and more social services and/or safety net programs?  Are we properly allocating out budgetary resources appropriately or buying "too much policing" at the expense of something else?  Did we cross a threshold where that next dollar spent is no longer buying much of anything a while back, and maybe worst is now counter productive?   (Okay I'm starting to get into a roll so I'll quit before there are ten or twelve long posts on this.)
I am down with discussing that, and don't think that is a dangerous idea. 

I know people could come up with some examples or quotes of people who basically want to do away with departments, which is what I was trying to relay in my post.

I am down with discussing that, and don't think that is a dangerous idea. 

I know people could come up with some examples or quotes of people who basically want to do away with departments, which is what I was trying to relay in my post.
Yes there are people in the $0 for policing camp.  There are people in the "tear it all down and start over" camp.   While there a quotes from public officials to be found from these camps, they don't seem to have much traction in the democratic party.   The only danger they represent is if the broader policy discussions are impossible because we let (on this issue at least) the extreme right paint the center and the left to the opposite extreme.   In this thread about the "center" seeking the proper balance seems to me to be the most "in the center" thing we can do.

Users who are viewing this thread