What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We often talk about QB/offenses in cold/bad weather... (1 Viewer)

Lord Lucan

Footballguy
Over the last 5 years the Saints have played seven games where the temperature has been below 40. Their average points conceded has been 30.7 per game in those seven games - 23 against Carolina in 2009, 27 against Chicago in 2008, and at least 30 in the other five games. Might be a coincidence given it's a relatively small sample size, and the forecast for today's game is "only"around 40 with rain showers, but I thought it was interesting, if nothing else.

Over the last 5 years the Saints have played seven games where the temperature has been below 40. Their average points conceded has been 30.7 per game in those seven games - 23 against Carolina in 2009, 27 against Chicago in 2008, and at least 30 in the other five games. Might be a coincidence given it's a relatively small sample size, and the forecast for today's game is "only"around 40 with rain showers, but I thought it was interesting, if nothing else.
Game temperature was exactly 40 so I guess didn't quite meet the theory. Still, I don't think too many people saw Seattle scoring 40+ here, and I know for sure next year I'll be starting offensive players who are at home v the Saints in cold weather.

Users who are viewing this thread