What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nasty weather for Week 13 (1 Viewer)

Don Hutson

Footballguy
Updated Saturday 12:25pm EST

Raiders at Chiefs game has 20-30 mph winds.  Occasional 40+ mph gusts.

Buccaneers at Jaguars game has an 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.  Winds 20-30 mph.

Packers at Giants has a 100% chance of snow in the morning will mix and change to sleet/rain in the afternoon.  Less than an inch of snow accumulation.  10-20 mph winds.

Jets at Bengals has 50% chance of occasional showers.  10-20 mph winds.

Redskins at Panthers has a 90% of rain.  Rain should end before kickoff.  Winds 10-20 mph.

Browns at Steelers has a 100% chance of rain in the morning changing to showers at gametime.  Winds 10-15 mph.

49ers at Ravens has a 100% chance of rain.  Winds 10-15 mph.

Vikings at Seahawks has 40% of showers in the morning.  Should clear up by kickoff.  Winds 5 mph.

Chargers at Broncos has a forecast of nice weather.  Winds 5-10 mph.

Eagles at Dolphins has a forecast of nice weather.  Wind 10-15 mph

Rams at Cardinals Dome

Titans at Colts Dome

Patriots at Texans Dome

Bears at Lions Dome

Bills at Cowboys Dome

Saints at Falcons Dome

Last edited by a moderator:
40% chance of rain and 5 mph winds is nice weather for Seattle (by the way, there's no rain in the forecast for Monday--I think you may be looking at Sunday).

It's important to watch out for the weather this weekend. However, I'm a long time weather hobbyist, storm chaser and spotter for the National Weather Service and it's just too far out at this point to worry about any particular matchup or make any decisions. All the information (forecasts) provided are based upon  a confluence of model data and it literally changes by the hour. I wouldn't pay it much mind until about Saturday evening.

It's important to watch out for the weather this weekend. However, I'm a long time weather hobbyist, storm chaser and spotter for the National Weather Service and it's just too far out at this point to worry about any particular matchup or make any decisions. All the information (forecasts) provided are based upon  a confluence of model data and it literally changes by the hour. I wouldn't pay it much mind until about Saturday evening.
Winds always concern me most, mainly cross winds for the qb and kicker.

Winds always concern me most, mainly cross winds for the qb and kicker.
Without a doubt, but the track of the low pressure is the key when it comes to those winds. A couple of models may show it smack dab over NY on Sunday and that's trouble meanwhile another model this far out shows it over Nova Scotia or Maryland. It can widely vary at this point in time. Alls I'm cautioning is don't make a rash decision based upon the info. we have right now. It's only a suggestion as to what could be.

I updated the weather.  All 7 games with weather concerns have gotten slightly worse.

Baltimore is going to be rainy but not a downpour and not windy. Actually reminds me of the weather when they played in Seattle a few weeks ago. Lamar struggled for much of the game though a lot of that was due to unhappiness with his cleats and the field. Ironically he ended up having a better day running than passing,  despite footing issues. 

I updated the weather.  Not much change in the weather except the Packers at Giants might have a mix of snow/rain/sleet/freezing rain when the game starts turning to just rain.

Browns at Steelers has a 100% chance of rain in the morning changing to showers at gametime.  Winds 10-15 mph.

Bills at Cowboys Dome
THANK YOU.  This post actualy had me modify my starting QB...  changed it from Mayfield to J Allen!  I am happy with his performance and I appreciate your post! 

I thought Pittsburgh was suppose to get a ice storm. I’m about 40 miles east and my phone has been going crazy with Winter Storm warnings tonight through tomorrow. 

I thought Pittsburgh was suppose to get a ice storm. I’m about 40 miles east and my phone has been going crazy with Winter Storm warnings tonight through tomorrow. 
There are ice storm warnings for western PA but I don't know if the ice storm is going to hit that far south 

What source are you using, OP? I’m seeing wind advisory over at noon central in KC tomorrow. Gusts to 24 not 40 by then. Also lesser wind in Jax

What source are you using, OP? I’m seeing wind advisory over at noon central in KC tomorrow. Gusts to 24 not 40 by then. Also lesser wind in Jax
He’s trying to scare his opponent into not starting the greatest fantasy QB of all time. Famous Jameis Winston.

But us Winston owners know better 

Is there a site or person who has done the research comparing kickers avg points per game in nice weather/dome and compared it to 5 mph, 10 mph, 15... up to 40 or so?  Also comparing nice weather to light rain, heavy rain, snow...  Just trying to figure out at what point the wind/weather makes a noticeable difference and when you should move from a good player in bad weather to a bad player in good weather.   Also is there is a point where you shouldn't start a player at all no matter what?    

The Weather Channel.  It is still showing winds 20-30mph which could occasionally gusts to 40+ mph.  The Rotogrinders link from above is saying sustained winds of 15-20 mph. The Rotogringers hourly is showing 3pm 23mph, 4pm 21mph, 5pm 20mph, 6pm 19mph.  The Weather Channel's hourly is showing 3pm 20mph, 4pm 19mph, 5pm 18mph, 6pm 17mph.

Is there a site or person who has done the research comparing kickers avg points per game in nice weather/dome and compared it to 5 mph, 10 mph, 15... up to 40 or so?  Also comparing nice weather to light rain, heavy rain, snow...  Just trying to figure out at what point the wind/weather makes a noticeable difference and when you should move from a good player in bad weather to a bad player in good weather.   Also is there is a point where you shouldn't start a player at all no matter what?    
I think Kevin Roth has done this work. Don't know where it is (just remember cliff notes), but if you want to find it then happy digging. 

The Weather Channel.  It is still showing winds 20-30mph which could occasionally gusts to 40+ mph.  The Rotogrinders link from above is saying sustained winds of 15-20 mph. The Rotogringers hourly is showing 3pm 23mph, 4pm 21mph, 5pm 20mph, 6pm 19mph.  The Weather Channel's hourly is showing 3pm 20mph, 4pm 19mph, 5pm 18mph, 6pm 17mph.
On weather channel, I’m seeing 19-21 mph winds.  Can’t find where it says 30mph or gusts to 40+.  Is there a specific part of that site where I need to look for that info?

Weather here in northern NJ is very calm at the moment, 30 degrees, zero precipitation, but it's supposed to change drastically by this afternoon. Rain/snow/sleet starting around 11:00 and continuing for the following 24-48 hours. It doesn't look like it's going to be terribly windy though. 10-15 mph.

On weather channel, I’m seeing 19-21 mph winds.  Can’t find where it says 30mph or gusts to 40+.  Is there a specific part of that site where I need to look for that info?
It gives 20-30mph with 40mph+ gusts when you click on "today".  Currently, winds are 21mph with 29 mph gusts.

Winter Weather Advisory for Eastern Bergen County, New Jersey

From 7:00am EST, Sun Dec 1 until 7:00am EST, Tue Dec 3

Action Recommended: Execute a pre-planned activity identified in the instructions

Issued by: New York City - NY, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY... * WHAT...MIXED PRECIPITATION EXPECTED. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF A LIGHT GLAZE. * WHERE...PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY, SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CONNECTICUT, SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NEW YORK. * WHEN...UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY. * IMPACTS...PLAN ON SLIPPERY ROAD CONDITIONS. THE HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS COULD IMPACT HOLIDAY TRAVEL AS WELL AS THE MORNING OR EVENING COMMUTE ON MONDAY. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...THERE WILL BE TWO PARTS TO THIS WINTER STORM. SNOW THIS MORNING CHANGES TO A WINTRY MIX LATER TODAY AND EVENTUALLY PLAIN RAIN TONIGHT. RAIN EVENTUALLY CHANGES BACK TO SNOW MONDAY AND CONTINUES INTO MONDAY NIGHT. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE TRAVELING. CHECK LOCAL DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION SERVICES FOR THE LATEST ROAD CONDITIONS.

Users who are viewing this thread