What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wealth Tax (3 Viewers)

I’d be interested in looking at this study because it seems impossible to me.  Is the study accounting for all the stuff that working people get from that tax revenue?  

ETA:  study is here- https://www.americanactionforum.org/research/wealth-taxes-and-workers/
So I’m sitting at the bar now, not sure I’m understanding fully.  It seems like the authors did try to account for the benefits of the tax, but then it seems like they use language that makes it sound bad.

Their takeaway is that for every dollar taxed, workers lose 63 cents.  But even if that’s true, it still seems like a big net benefit for workers because they’re getting about 100% of the benefits but only 63% of the burdens.  What am I missing?

Interesting read and hits on one of my primary concerns with implementing a wealth tax. 

I’d be interested in looking at this study because it seems impossible to me.  Is the study accounting for all the stuff that working people get from that tax revenue?  

ETA:  study is here- https://www.americanactionforum.org/research/wealth-taxes-and-workers/
Thanks.  This is a lot of reading, but I'm interested.  I'm not against a wealth tax, but I also have not really heard a compelling argument in favor of one that makes me want to support the concept either.

So I’m sitting at the bar now, not sure I’m understanding fully.  It seems like the authors did try to account for the benefits of the tax, but then it seems like they use language that makes it sound bad.

Their takeaway is that for every dollar taxed, workers lose 63 cents.  But even if that’s true, it still seems like a big net benefit for workers because they’re getting about 100% of the benefits but only 63% of the burdens.  What am I missing?
Part of it is how Warren and Sanders are packaging their plans.  The link you shared mentioned these two plans aren't entirely thought through.  I think the candidates are selling this as a tax on the very rich and don't show their work that indicates the tax burden falls on everyone. 

Users who are viewing this thread