What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 04 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

With Kamara out I have to choose between JK Dobbins against Buffalo or Michael Carter @ Pittsburgh in PPR league

And crappy weather in Buffalo game so do I stick with Gabe Davis @ BAL or go with Brandon Cooks against the Chargers?
PPR? If so definitely Carter. We just don't know what to expect from Dobbins and that Bills defense is tough to run on.

Definitely rainy in Baltimore but it doesn't appear particularly windy. Davis has been a disappointment so far but he's still a part of an amazing offense. It's really a question of high floor be high ceiling. Cooks gets a ton of looks on a weak offense. He should have a safe floor (not guaranteed though). Davis may only see five targets, but will three of them be TDs (highly unlikely, but one TD?)

It's really about your risk tolerance. For me

Davis>Cooks
Thanks Chaka. That's the way I was leaning.

And a BIG THANKS for doing these threads each week.

PPR, WR3 slot - Cooks, C Samuel, or G Davis?
Just discussed Cooks v Davis above (Davis>Cooks).

Samuel is an interesting twist. He's getting 12.7 opportunities/game and translating into 10 touches, 7 receptions, 77 yards & 0.67 TD/game. I think he has the most stable floor and a good ceiling.

Again, it's about risk tolerance and what you hope to accomplish. You want the big upside for with Davis. For me

Samuel>Davis>Cooks

I have Lazzard and Doubt both in multiple ppr leagues. Looking at one of them for a flex spot. I have other options in all leagues. Hall, Pierce, Etienne, ARob, and Richie James are frequently options.

Any sense of how much Jones is on each of the GB receivers?

I have Lazzard and Doubt both in multiple ppr leagues. Looking at one of them for a flex spot. I have other options in all leagues. Hall, Pierce, Etienne, ARob, and Richie James are frequently options.

Any sense of how much Jones is on each of the GB receivers?
I really don't speculate much on defensive coverages.

Between Lazard & Doubs I like Lazard by a good margin.

Doubs may end up as Rodgers #1wr but Lazard is a gigantic target (6' 5" 227lbs) that Rodgers really seems to look for near the end zone.

Both Pierce and Hall are very good options as I think Lazard may be TD dependent. . I probably like Hall more as he seems to be involved in the passing game more than Pierce.

Hall>Pierce>Lazard

.5 PPR
Need a flex from M Sanders, R, Stevenson or M. Carter

Leaning RS so far
I think Sanders has more locked in volume but his receiving production and TD potential are both limited. I understand the logic on Rhamondre. If the Packer game goes the way we suspect, Rhamondre should do well receiving and get the most snaps. He isn't the preferred option at the goal line but he isn't ignored there either. I don't really consider Carter in this scenario.

Rhamondre>Sanders>Carter

Standard (non-PPR) who's more likely to have a 'boom' game, because I need one: AJ Dillon vs Patriots, or Javonte Williams @ Raiders?

Standard (non-PPR) who's more likely to have a 'boom' game, because I need one: AJ Dillon vs Patriots, or Javonte Williams @ Raiders?
Literally toss a coin. I lean Dillon because I think the Raiders, in a must win game are a more dangerous opponent. If the Pack controls the game it should involve a lot of the RBs.

Dillon>Javonte

But, seriously flip a coin.

.5 PPR
Need a flex from M Sanders, R, Stevenson or M. Carter

Leaning RS so far
I think Sanders has more locked in volume but his receiving production and TD potential are both limited. I understand the logic on Rhamondre. If the Packer game goes the way we suspect, Rhamondre should do well receiving and get the most snaps. He isn't the preferred option at the goal line but he isn't ignored there either. I don't really consider Carter in this scenario.

Rhamondre>Sanders>Carter
Actually missed the last line of your reply…

Your volume call did enough and it delivered!

Anyone else getting nervous about starting Goff with Detroit down so many weapons? I had been saying I’d bench Russ until he showed me something, but now I’m thinking I don’t have that luxury
I'm definitely concerned and would likely start Russell Wilson in this situation. He has tons of supporting talent and, while I think the Raiders are a in a must win situation and should win the game I don't think their defense is good enough to shutdown the Broncos.

R.Wilson>Goff
Oops.

I’ll defend the process, though. Who knew that Detroit game would turn into such a barn burner?

Anyone else getting nervous about starting Goff with Detroit down so many weapons? I had been saying I’d bench Russ until he showed me something, but now I’m thinking I don’t have that luxury
I'm definitely concerned and would likely start Russell Wilson in this situation. He has tons of supporting talent and, while I think the Raiders are a in a must win situation and should win the game I don't think their defense is good enough to shutdown the Broncos.

R.Wilson>Goff
Oops.

I’ll defend the process, though. Who knew that Detroit game would turn into such a barn burner?
Games aren't over.

But, yeah.

PPR League. Need upside going into Monday night.

J. Wilson or B. Aiyuk?

Who is more likely to get me a 30 burger?

Thanks

With Kamara out I have to choose between JK Dobbins against Buffalo or Michael Carter @ Pittsburgh in PPR league

And crappy weather in Buffalo game so do I stick with Gabe Davis @ BAL or go with Brandon Cooks against the Chargers?
PPR? If so definitely Carter. We just don't know what to expect from Dobbins and that Bills defense is tough to run on.

Definitely rainy in Baltimore but it doesn't appear particularly windy. Davis has been a disappointment so far but he's still a part of an amazing offense. It's really a question of high floor be high ceiling. Cooks gets a ton of looks on a weak offense. He should have a safe floor (not guaranteed though). Davis may only see five targets, but will three of them be TDs (highly unlikely, but one TD?)

Davis>Cooks
Looks like we were both 0 for 2 on this call 😂

Davis>Cooks
Looks like we were both 0 for 2 on this call 😂
It happens.

Users who are viewing this thread