What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 04 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Std scoring w bonus at 100 yd rushing or receiving
Pick 2 RB
Pollard v. Wash
J. Williams @ LV
Penny @DT
Pollard & Williams in a landslide.

Pick 2 WR
Olave v. Min (in England)
McLaurin v. Dallas
Jeudy @ LV
Bateman v. Buffalo
I’d give McLaurin another shot and probably Bateman. Buffalo’s secondary has taken some hits. I expect fireworks in that game.

I don’t like the Saints or having players in the England games, and Jeudy just hasn’t looked that good, combined with a slow start for the Denver pass game.
Currently playing Penny, Williams, Olave, McLaurin. Williams and McLaurin worry me this week. Pollard seems to be on the rise.

Pick 2 RB
Pollard v. Wash
J. Williams @ LV
Penny @DT

Pick 2 WR
McLaurin v. Dallas
Jeudy @ LV
Bateman v. Buffalo
I’d give McLaurin another shot and probably Bateman. Buffalo’s secondary has taken some hits. I expect fireworks in that game.

I don’t like the Saints or having players in the England games, and Jeudy just hasn’t looked that good, combined with a slow start for the Denver pass game.
Currently playing Penny, Williams, Olave, McLaurin. Williams and McLaurin worry me this week. Pollard seems to be on the rise.
Interesting that Penny was the one you'd send to the bench against Detroit. I don't care for England games either, but thought Olave would be good for targets w Thomas out and Landry being limited all week in practice. Bateman just isn't getting enough targets for me right now and is becoming dependent on big plays.

Side note..... Field in England is now field turf w a retractable rood, so weather and field conditions are not the issue it traditionally was in the past.

Pick 2 RB
Pollard v. Wash
J. Williams @ LV
Penny @DT

Pick 2 WR
McLaurin v. Dallas
Jeudy @ LV
Bateman v. Buffalo

Interesting that Penny was the one you'd send to the bench against Detroit. I don't care for England games either, but thought Olave would be good for targets w Thomas out and Landry being limited all week in practice. Bateman just isn't getting enough targets for me right now and is becoming dependent on big plays.

Side note..... Field in England is now field turf w a retractable rood, so weather and field conditions are not the issue it traditionally was in the past.
Andy Dalton is more my concern with Olave. They’ve never played together and the MIN secondary on a neutral field, with Jetlag also a factor isn’t a cakewalk.

Penny hasn’t performed that well so far, and I think DET is going to dominate this game. Penny is an 8-10 point a week guy until I see otherwise. If DET gets ahead here, I expect a lot of Deejay Dallas

Cousins or Russ?
Tough one.

London always represents a conundrum, has anyone done a breakdown on London performance over the years?

I know the popular thinking is London leads to lower output, but I have to imagine there is enough data available to verify/debunk that.

All that is to say I would choose Cousins under normal circumstances, so why wouldn't I make the same decision now?

Cousins>R.Wilson

JRob is fef
I try to monitor my recommendations in this thread and revisit them as the week goes on if I find my opinion is changing. I am starting to rethink James Robinson.

I think @hamsterdam and I are the only ones debating him so far. Hamsterdam I think I have changed my opinion and think James Robinson belongs in your lineup over Pierce & Bateman. He's getting 20 opportunities/game, has 4 TD I'm 3 games, catches a couple balls/week, has a good o-line and a supporting passing game that prevents keying on him. It's a tough matchup and we all worry the wheels may fall off but in week 4, of a short season, we shouldn't make decisions as if they already have.

Robinson>Pierce>Bateman and the last two are a real coin flip.

JRob def slotted in. I think I’m gonna roll with Pierce because the weather is supposed to be bad for the Ravens / Bills game.

Cousins or Russ?
Tough one.

London always represents a conundrum, has anyone done a breakdown on London performance over the years?

I know the popular thinking is London leads to lower output, but I have to imagine there is enough data available to verify/debunk that.

All that is to say I would choose Cousins under normal circumstances, so why wouldn't I make the same decision now?

Cousins>R.Wilson
Yea I’m having a tough time deciding

I would tend to agree with you, but in looking at FBGs League Dominator data, NO concede the 24th most pts to QBs, versus LV, which concede the 5th most (for my league that equates to 9.59 PPG vs. 15.4 PPG). Tough…

Those overseas games have always scared me when it comes to anticipated performance.

Right now I have Russ in. He’s due for a break out. Also Lattimore covering JJ doesn’t help Cousins cause.

Last edited:
Pick 2 RB
Pollard v. Wash
J. Williams @ LV
Penny @DT

Pick 2 WR
McLaurin v. Dallas
Jeudy @ LV
Bateman v. Buffalo

Andy Dalton is more my concern with Olave. They’ve never played together and the MIN secondary on a neutral field, with Jetlag also a factor isn’t a cakewalk.

Penny hasn’t performed that well so far, and I think DET is going to dominate this game. Penny is an 8-10 point a week guy until I see otherwise. If DET gets ahead here, I expect a lot of Deejay Dallas
I’m also concerned about CMC. Afternoon game. Wonder if it would be smarter to play Pollard early and have Penny as a reserve if CMC is a scratch. @Chaka thoughts? Has anybody heard any updates on CMC?

need to pivot away from Kamara.

Pierce or Pollard in a nonPPR?

Pollard splits with Zeke. Pierce is getting majority of touches. But I worry if LA gets up early it becomes a Burkhead game. Dallas has a better O as well.

I go back and forth…..

Anyone else getting nervous about starting Goff with Detroit down so many weapons? I had been saying I’d bench Russ until he showed me something, but now I’m thinking I don’t have that luxury

.5 ppr/ 1 pt for TE/ 6 ptd for TD

Miles Sanders
DK Metcalf
James Connor
Jamaal Williams
Dallas Goedert

Pick 4

Pollard splits with Zeke. Pierce is getting majority of touches. But I worry if LA gets up early it becomes a Burkhead game. Dallas has a better O as well.

I go back and forth…..
Pollard. More favorable match up and even if game script flips, he's gonna be involved.

I’m also concerned about CMC. Afternoon game. Wonder if it would be smarter to play Pollard early and have Penny as a reserve if CMC is a scratch. @Chaka thoughts? Has anybody heard any updates on CMC?
Reportedly CMC is going to play.

But that’s not a bad strategy - better than having a blank if CMC is a surprise scratch like Kamara just was/is.

Miles Sanders
DK Metcalf
James Connor
Jamaal Williams
Dallas Goedert

Pick 4

Tough call. Gogurt is my knee-jerk answer. Seems like a decent floor but not as high a ceiling as the RBs & WR. Metcalf is the close second, but I could see Seattle throwing a lot here playing from behind.

Mark Ingram or AJ Diilon?

.04 per rushing yard
.04 per rec yard
.10 per catch
6 per TD
Ingram probably gets the most touches, but with Dalton behind center and very few starting WRs in this game, I’m not expecting a lot of quality / value touches.

I’d go with AJ Dillon - even in a committee I think he gets a lot of work & likely a GL carry or two.

Standard scoring non-ppr league.

Flex options:

A.J. Dillon or Tyler Locket?
Tough call, that Lions defense gives up a lot of points.

I think I go with Dillon, however because I more confident in his opportunities, but it is very close.

Dillon>Lockett

Pick 2 RB
Pollard v. Wash
J. Williams @ LV
Penny @DT

Pick 2 WR
McLaurin v. Dallas
Jeudy @ LV
Bateman v. Buffalo

The string is a bit confusing. Nothing wrong with rolling Pollard out there but who are you sending to the bench to do that?

I go back and forth…..
I like the direction Pierce is heading but I still haven't seen the upside that everyone is hoping for. I am sure it's just a matter of adjusting to NFL game speed but Pollard is a proven commodity getting 15 opportunities per game against a weak defense.

Pollard>Pierce

Pick 2 RB
Pollard v. Wash
J. Williams @ LV
Penny @DT

Pick 2 WR
McLaurin v. Dallas
Jeudy @ LV
Bateman v. Buffalo

The string is a bit confusing. Nothing wrong with rolling Pollard out there but who are you sending to the bench to do that?
Currently have CMC and Penny. Penny would go to the bench. If CMC is out, Penny back in

Anyone else getting nervous about starting Goff with Detroit down so many weapons? I had been saying I’d bench Russ until he showed me something, but now I’m thinking I don’t have that luxury
I'm definitely concerned and would likely start Russell Wilson in this situation. He has tons of supporting talent and, while I think the Raiders are a in a must win situation and should win the game I don't think their defense is good enough to shutdown the Broncos.

R.Wilson>Goff

Kamara out so I need to find a last minute replacement. If I don't start Ingram I can wait until later to decide.

Ingram vs Min
Wilson or Aiyuk Vs LAR
Julio Vs KC

Kamara out so I need to find a last minute replacement. If I don't start Ingram I can wait until later to decide.

Ingram vs Min
Wilson or Aiyuk Vs LAR
Julio Vs KC
Julio is a GTD in a night game, so he’s off the list.

Rams are a rough matchup, but I’d probably flip a coin between Aiyuk & Wilson.

My gut says Ingram has a mediocre day at best. A lot of stacked boxes daring Dalton to throw, and few WR to throw to.

Pick 2 RB
Pollard v. Wash
J. Williams @ LV
Penny @DT

Pick 2 WR
McLaurin v. Dallas
Jeudy @ LV
Bateman v. Buffalo

Currently have CMC and Penny. Penny would go to the bench. If CMC is out, Penny back in
Nothing wrong with Pollard>Penny particularly if it offers you a good backstop for McCaffrey.

Ingram vs Min
Wilson or Aiyuk Vs LAR
Julio Vs KC
Not Julio.

Ingram is interesting, he's been running well but he's also difficult to bank on, although that may be psychological.

I'm worried about the impact of losing Trent Williams but with your other options you have to consider your Niners here too.

This one feels just too close to call. I think I would hope talent wins out

Aiyuk>Ingram>Wilson

Miles Sanders
DK Metcalf
James Connor
Jamaal Williams
Dallas Goedert

Pick 4
I wouldn't want to rely on two Philly players not named Hurts and Brown.

I would bench Goedert mostly because Sanders volume seems far more locked in.

10 team ppr

Tom Brady vs KC
or
Coisins vs NO
Brady's been terrible so far this year but I think getting Evans and Godwin (and Donovan Smith IIRC) could be a difference maker. And it's not like Cousins has been setting the league on fire.

Brady>Cousins

12 team full ppr. Need 2 for WR2 and Flex

Lockett @ Det
DJ Moore vs Ari
Aiyuk vs Rams
Doubs vs NE
Zeke vs Wash (might need to sub in for C Pat)

Planning on starting Lockett. Leaning Moore but it feels like a toss up between the WRs.

Lockett @ Det
DJ Moore vs Ari
Aiyuk vs Rams
Doubs vs NE

Planning on starting Lockett. Leaning Moore but it feels like a toss up between the WRs.
I have Zeke and Lockett as well going Lockett

Lockett @ Det
DJ Moore vs Ari
Aiyuk vs Rams
Doubs vs NE

I like Lockett as well. Great matchup and Geno has been looking his way a lot. I worry those targets aren't stable, but nothing we can do about that.

I think Zeke gets the most built in opportunities, which makes him the best start with Lockett.

If you need the third option it's a complete crap shoot.

I may roll the dice on Doubs. It's highly speculative but I don't see a ton of upside with DJ yet. I know DJ has a few big games in him, and this may be the week but I worry about that offense.

I think Aiyuk may have the most locked in opportunities, around 8 targets. He may also be the most talented of the bunch, but it's very close.

But since they are all spec plays, if your gut says DJ I would listen.

Doubs>Aiyuk>DJ

With Kamara out I have to choose between JK Dobbins against Buffalo or Michael Carter @ Pittsburgh in PPR league

And crappy weather in Buffalo game so do I stick with Gabe Davis @ BAL or go with Brandon Cooks against the Chargers?

With Kamara out I have to choose between JK Dobbins against Buffalo or Michael Carter @ Pittsburgh in PPR league

And crappy weather in Buffalo game so do I stick with Gabe Davis @ BAL or go with Brandon Cooks against the Chargers?
PPR? If so definitely Carter. We just don't know what to expect from Dobbins and that Bills defense is tough to run on.

Definitely rainy in Baltimore but it doesn't appear particularly windy. Davis has been a disappointment so far but he's still a part of an amazing offense. It's really a question of high floor be high ceiling. Cooks gets a ton of looks on a weak offense. He should have a safe floor (not guaranteed though). Davis may only see five targets, but will three of them be TDs (highly unlikely, but one TD?)

It's really about your risk tolerance. For me

Davis>Cooks

Users who are viewing this thread