What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 04 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Not a week 4, rather a ROS (I do what I want).

1/2ppr

Pick two:

Darrell Henderson
Devin Singletary
Chase Edmonds
Damien Harris
Going with Henderson is banking on injury. I don't see much standalone value ATM, best case it turns into a Mostert/Edmonds situation where you never know which week they will be a big part of the game plan.

Singletary is the lead back in Buffalo. You have to roll the dice on that guy.
Harris is also probably the right play. He gets enough volume and appears to be the preferred choice near the goal line.

1/2ppr

Pick two:

Darrell Henderson
Devin Singletary
Chase Edmonds
Damien Harris
Going with Henderson is banking on injury. I don't see much standalone value ATM, best case it turns into a Mostert/Edmonds situation where you never know which week they will be a big part of the game plan.

Singletary is the lead back in Buffalo. You have to roll the dice on that guy.
Harris is also probably the right play. He gets enough volume and appears to be the preferred choice near the goal line.
yeah I was leaning Singletary. it's still hit/miss, but needed a sanity check. thx. other opinions welcome.

Last edited:
PPR: Patterson over Olave, Cooper, or G. Davis?
not even close. go Cordarelle.
So you would play CP over all 3? Interesting. I only have to swap for one and am leaning Olave.
I would lean Olave too, with the caveat he's sue to bust a gigantic one. They're playing in London this week, which never bodes well for players.
And a chance Winston sits. Dalton is a big wild card.

Really stuck on my lineup for this week.

QB- can start 2 of:
Lawrence @ PHI
R. Wilson @ LVR
Wentz @ DAL

Then need to bench 2 out of this group. PPR, 1.5 for TE:

RB- JT, Najee, CPatt
WR- JJeff, MBrown, Sutton, Mclaurin, Cooper
TE- Kittle, Ertz

Appreciate any thoughts!

QB- can start 2 of:
Lawrence @ PHI
R. Wilson @ LVR
Wentz @ DAL

RB- JT, Najee, CPatt
TE- Kittle, Ertz

Appreciate any thoughts!

Tough call at QB

1. Russ
2. Coin flip, but gun to my head I guess I say Wentz. Built-in negative game script

Bench your TEs, despite bonus. Kittle will likely be in to block more now that they lost the best OT in the league, and the Cardinals are a **** show (and I say this being heavily invested there).

:2cents:

QB- can start 2 of:
Lawrence @ PHI
R. Wilson @ LVR
Wentz @ DAL

RB- JT, Najee, CPatt
TE- Kittle, Ertz

Appreciate any thoughts!

Tough call at QB

1. Russ
2. Coin flip, but gun to my head I guess I say Wentz. Built-in negative game script

Bench your TEs, despite bonus. Kittle will likely be in to block more now that they lost the best OT in the league, and the Cardinals are a **** show (and I say this being heavily invested there).

:2cents:
Sorry I have to start 1 TE

1/2ppr

Pick two:

Darrell Henderson
Devin Singletary
Chase Edmonds
Damien Harris
Singletary & Ugh.

lol

Probably Harris. The QB injury could be a problem.

I don’t trust Henderson to have a big weekly workload or stay healthy if he does, and it’s hard to know what Edmonds is with Mostert around.

So yeah, on a list of 3 dudes I’m not a huge fan of, Harris. It’s like the worst game of F,M, K ever.

Have you considered trading those 3 dudes for one really solid RB?

Last edited:
Also need RB2 with Swift out, along side Barkley.

Etienne @PHI
Pollard vs. WAS
Edmonds @ CIN

Thinking Pollard here, but not thrilled with his lack of passing game usage on MNF, and Gallup and/or Schultz may be back. Etienne's usage may go up, but it's Robinson's show for the most part. And can't rely on TDs from Edmonds.

Happy to return the favor - leave thread post #.
Pollard.

I'm having some trouble this week, so I'll start:

PPR Super-Flex Starters: Lamar Jackson, Javonte Williams, Justin Jefferson, Amon-Ra St. Brown

QB2:
Goff v SEA
Jameis v MIN

Goff.

Famous Jameis isn’t 100%, and Goff has a better floor. Plus players in London games often suck, in my experience.
RB2: With DeAndre Swift likely out. My guess is David Montgomery is going to be out too.
Jamaal Williams v SEA
James Robinson @ PHI
Khalil Herbert @ NYG

Jamaal Williams in a jackpot start. He’s gonna dominate RB touches and with bandaged up ARSB & Hock, he might be in for solid receiving totals this week too. Herbert & JRobinson aren’t bad calls either - this is a safe choice as I like all 3 of these dudes.
FLEX:
Courtland Sutton @ LVR
Curtis Samuel @ DAL
One of the RBs above
That’s a tough choice. I thought Russ finally looked like Russ on that last drive, and I feel like the Raiders aren’t that good against big physical receivers like Sutton.

That said, I’d probably go with Herbert in a very close decision. And I might even put Sutton in anyway, because the Eagles are a tough matchup, and that kinda feels like an ETN game coming. Just a hunch.

PPR: Patterson over Olave, Cooper, or G. Davis?
That matchup against the Ravens is the sexiest (on paper) of any pass defense this week. The over is like 50, Vegas is expecting fireworks.

Patterson coming off of a huge week, but that Seattle defense is rough. The Browns is significantly better, despite losing Walker & possibly without Garrett.

I go Davis > Patterson.

Would luv some opinions here. FFPC scoring:
Will need to start 6 of the following 8 players.
How would you rank them this week?

A.Jones vs NE
J.Conner @ Car
J.Jacobs vs Den
J.Williams vs Sea
C.Kupp @ SF
B.Cooks vs LAC
C.Kirk @ Phi
D.Smith vs Jax
6/8?

I’d leave Kirk & Jacobs on the bench. That Philly secondary is just too lock down right now to start anyone against.

It’s possible D.Smith disappears again, but he could as easily be on a little hot streak.

1/2ppr

Pick two:

Darrell Henderson
Devin Singletary
Chase Edmonds
Damien Harris
Singletary & Ugh.

lol

Probably Harris. The QB injury could be a problem.

I don’t trust Henderson to have a big weekly workload or stay healthy if he does, and it’s hard to know what Edmonds is with Mostert around.

So yeah, on a list of 3 dudes I’m not a huge fan of, Harris. It’s like the worst game of F,Mx,K ever.

Have you considered trading those 3 dudes for one really solid RB?

unfortunately I would never be able to pull something like that off. limited roster sizes, very balanced teams.

Desperate for a win. 4 pts per passing TD. Need a QB:

* D. Carr vs DEN -- LV at home and needs a win badly. Could see them getting it here, but not sure they'll be fireworks for a couple reasons. One, DEN pass D is no joke. Carr hasn't exactly lit it up against this secondary in the past. And two, DEN's offense may not exactly force LV to air it out. Feels like a 200-225 yard game with maybe one or two TDs and a pick.

or

* M. Mariota vs CLE -- Obvious running ability helps with a floor play and the matchup could be here against a CLE D minus some key players. At home inside a dome. The O/U on this game is one of the big surprises of the week. It's high. Brissett also seems capable so this game could produce some surprising offensive fireworks. All that said, I could see Mariota totally laying an egg.

Which?

Thanks

QB- can start 2 of:
Lawrence @ PHI
R. Wilson @ LVR
Wentz @ DAL

RB- JT, Najee, CPatt
TE- Kittle, Ertz

Appreciate any thoughts!
Yeah, I think it's gotten to the point where we can't trust Russell Wilson until he actually does something. That time is surely coming but it's tough to blindly bank on ATM.

I don't know that Lawrence will ever be a league winner but he can be a part of one with his consistency. 250 & 2 with a little upside is nice.

Wentz had a rough day but still puts it up 40+ times/game and has big TD upside. He also runs a little.

Wentz>Lawrence>Wilson

For the others it's just a crap shoot. They are all so close in upside/downside that it is literally, not figuratively, a 1:100 chance you pick the right combo. I honestly cannot reason my way into choosing any above, or below the rest.

I would consider benching Kittle because he's been dinged up and the 49er offense has been below average so far.

For the other option I am tempted to say bench Najee. Not sure I could pull the trigger on that myself but that offense is simply bad and defenses are keying in on Najee in a big way (3.2 ypc, 4.8 ypr). But he is getting 17 opportunities per game which is nice.

If not Najee (and it probably shouldn't be him), close your eyes and play spin-the-tail-on-the-WR. For me that maybe, sorta, a little bit, ish lands on McLaurin because he shares targets a lot and Dallas D is a tough roadie.

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

.5 PPR

Tua or Russ

Pick 2:

JRob / Bateman / Pierce
I could very well be off base with my take on the Dolphins this week but I just don't see how they could possibly be ready on a Thursday after that brutal, physically and emotionally exhausting game on Sunday.

This is what Jevon Holland told Peter King after the game.

“It was, if I’m being honest with you man, it was a battlefield out there, honestly,” said one of the heroes of the day for Miami, second-year safety Jevon Holland. “People were going down. You had people coming in who didn’t really play much. It was chaotic. Fans were loud. People cramping. Drives … going 10 plays, 14 plays, 20 plays. The game was a beast. Just a beast.

“It’s difficult because the Bills offense is so electric and they can score at any point. And so, you have to be constantly, constantly on. That is draining, to constantly be operating at a very high level. But that’s what it takes to beat a team like that. You have to be perfect and that’s the standard you have to rise to.”
I don't much like Russ this week but the Raiders are not particularly intimidating ATM and the Broncos have been close on some drives. He has great surrounding talent (on paper) so maybe this is the week.

R.Wilson>Tua

For your other options I sit Bateman because of low volume. That game could be a high scoring affair, Buffalo has to be exhausted too even with a full week to prepare, but I'm the Baltimore passing game there is Mark Andrews (31 targets) and everyone else (Bateman is #2 with 16 targets). His ADOT is 17.6, the majority of his targets are low % which makes him very big play dependent. On the plus side that means he can salvage a big day quick, fast and in a hurry. He is absolutely your big upside play if you decide to go that route. Honestly, after typing this I may now be leaning to put J.Robinson on the bench because of the tough matchup.

For opportunity:
D.Pierce>J.Robinson>Bateman
For upside:
Bateman>D.Pierce>J.Robinson

PPR Super-Flex Starters: Lamar Jackson, Javonte Williams, Justin Jefferson, Amon-Ra St. Brown

QB2:
Goff v SEA
Jameis v MIN

RB2: With DeAndre Swift likely out. My guess is David Montgomery is going to be out too.
Jamaal Williams v SEA
James Robinson @ PHI
Khalil Herbert @ NYG

FLEX:
Courtland Sutton @ LVR
Curtis Samuel @ DAL
One of the RBs above
Goff at QB2
RB2 is tough. You can make a case for all 3, I would go with Jamaal Williams.....better offense and he gets all the goalline looks. But it's really tempting to go with Herbert.
Flex - Sutton

Desperate for a win. 4 pts per passing TD. Need a QB:

* D. Carr vs DEN -- LV at home and needs a win badly. Could see them getting it here, but not sure they'll be fireworks for a couple reasons. One, DEN pass D is no joke. Carr hasn't exactly lit it up against this secondary in the past. And two, DEN's offense may not exactly force LV to air it out. Feels like a 200-225 yard game with maybe one or two TDs and a pick.

or

* M. Mariota vs CLE -- Obvious running ability helps with a floor play and the matchup could be here against a CLE D minus some key players. At home inside a dome. The O/U on this game is one of the big surprises of the week. It's high. Brissett also seems capable so this game could produce some surprising offensive fireworks. All that said, I could see Mariota totally laying an egg.

Which?

Thanks
Carr & Mariota have been within three points of each other every week (13, 10, 14 to 10, 13, 12) so I assume they are close to each other in most leagues.

This is razor thin. I would monitor Myles Garrett's status, if he doesn't play it's a big benefit for Mariota. However his rushing stats seem very TD dependent, he only has 20 yards combined over his last two games. He's not Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray, IMO there is a very good chance week one (72 yards) is his high water mark for the season.

Carr OTOH has thrown the ball 40 more times in three games. His accuracy is bad (60%) as he's adjusting to a new offense and Denver has a very good D (I think). I am not sure what to think about the Raider offense this season yet but he seems to have as stable a floor as anyone (250 & 2).

I lean Carr by a hair but if Garrett is out you might want to pivot to Mariota.

Tough call.

Carr>Mariota

I have a similar Brady decision in 2QB vs Carr and Cousins and I don't think I'm starting him, would likely go Tua in this spot

Any Olave managers worried about Jameis potentially sitting? Seeing as how he's been making his bones on deep balls, it seems like Dalton would be a huge downgrade. Also, while I hate speculating on how the presence/absence of one WR will affect the fantasy production for his teammate, if Thomas is also out I see that as a net negative for Olave.

My alternatives are DJ Moore and Hunt (although I may need Hunt at RB if CMC sits)

QB2:
Goff v SEA
Jameis v MIN

Jamaal Williams v SEA
James Robinson @ PHI
Khalil Herbert @ NYG

FLEX:
Courtland Sutton @ LVR
Curtis Samuel @ DAL
One of the RBs above
From your choices, I like Goff, Herbert and Sutton.

Any Olave managers worried about Jameis potentially sitting? Seeing as how he's been making his bones on deep balls, it seems like Dalton would be a huge downgrade. Also, while I hate speculating on how the presence/absence of one WR will affect the fantasy production for his teammate, if Thomas is also out I see that as a net negative for Olave.

My alternatives are DJ Moore and Hunt (although I may need Hunt at RB if CMC sits)

I see Dalton as a slight downgrade but Thomas sitting as a slight upgrade...so net 0.

IDK, Olave has been playing very well. We do the "If X WR is out then the #1 DB moves to cover Y WR" v "More targets for WR Y if WR X is out" dance every season. I imagine it is a net neutral impact overall, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I like Hunt for sure and he is a great choice if you are worried about Olave.

Hunt>Olave
Olave>DJ

IDK, Olave has been playing very well. We do the "If X WR is out then the #1 DB moves to cover Y WR" v "More targets for WR Y if WR X is out" dance every season. I imagine it is a net neutral impact overall, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Hunt>Olave
Olave>DJ
Yes, ultimately impossible to predict what the impact will be. In this case, what worries me the most is that an offense down so many weapons (Landry is iffy, too) could end up getting curb-stomped, which wouldn't be good for anyone.

With the (slightly surprising to me) news that D.Cook practiced in full today

Cook vs Saints (London)

or J.Herbert @ Giants (assuming Montgomery doesn't play)?

Normally wouldn't ask but hate the matchup for Cook...Thanks

Hunt>Olave
Olave>DJ
Yes, ultimately impossible to predict what the impact will be. In this case, what worries me the most is that an offense down so many weapons (Landry is iffy, too) could end up getting curb-stomped, which wouldn't be good for anyone.
Minnesota D isn't curb stomping anyone but it might be good for stat padding late.

.5 PPR

Tua or Russ
I want to say Tua.

Matchup-wise Russ is in a better situation this week. And that game-winning drive when Russ was evading pressure, and looking like, well, Russ, gives me the impression that this could be a breakout week.

That all said, Tua as shown me 60+ point upside this year, and Russ has not. I probably roll with Tua. At least we can be pretty confident that it was just a brain injury and not actually his back, as alleged, so there's that.
/S
Pick 2:

JRob / Bateman / Pierce
JRob & Bateman. I don't like Pierce this week.

Cook vs Saints (London)

Awful matchup + London game has me leaning Herbert, but it's close. The upside for Cook is that MIn is a better offense than Chicago. That might help offset that difference.

Word is Cook will play with a harness. So all you're really worried about there is 1. a split with Mattison, or 2. re-injury of that shoulder.

Herbert safer floor (assuming Monty sits) and Cook higher ceiling. Best I've got - feels like a coin flip.

10 team PPR

Which QB?

Tom Brady vs KC
Kirk Cousins vs NO
Tua vs Cin?

Leaning Brady as he is getting some of his weapons back?

Stafford or Goff?
I lean Goff hove v Seattle even without Swift & possibly Amon Ra because San Francisco is going to be a very tough environment on Monday.

But, it's definitely close.

Goff>Stafford
Agree. I'm a Rams fan and have seen this "at SF" story too many times. And their D may be better now than last few years. I'm irrationally tempted to stick with Stafford only because my opponent has Kupp. :\

Cook vs Saints (London)

This shouldn't be a question but, it absolutely is.

Montgomery was DNP again today, unfortunately for you it is likely he will not be declared inactive before you have to make a decision on Cook.

You need to at least wait until the practice reports from tomorrow come out but, if Montgomery is out I think Herbert is a fine start over Cook this week.

Let's hope you know before the Vikings/Saints kickoff on Sunday early.

10 team PPR

Which QB?

Tom Brady vs KC
Kirk Cousins vs NO
Tua vs Cin?

Leaning Brady as he is getting some of his weapons back?
I lean Brady over Tua but I am not as down on having a player in a London game as many people seem to be.

Cousins is throwing more often, he is more efficient, he has weapons and the New Orleans defense has been far from dominant so far this season.

Cousins>Brady>Tua

I gotta pick two:

T Etienne
Richie James
R Woods
J Landry

*puke* I know...
Yeah, this is a difficult one.

I guess Richie James makes the most sense with Landry being banged up (Jameis too) and in London, Etienne with a tough roadie and I'm simply not buying into Robert Woods being a consistent 9 target/game guy.

James>Etienne>Woods>Landry

Users who are viewing this thread