What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 08 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

First conundrum this week. FFPC scoring:

Team A. Need a QB:
D.Prescott vs Chi
D.Carr @ N.O.

Team B. Need a final flex:
J.Connor @ Minn
J.Williams @ Dall
B.Cooks vs Tenn
C.Kirk vs Den( In London)

Half PPR/4pts pass TD. I need 1 for the SFLX from:

QB - Russ Wilson v Jax
QB - Geno v NYG
WR - C Kirk v DEN

Currently leaning Geno.

12-team SF league 0.5PPR
2 WR, 2RB, 1 Flex -

Wan'dale,
DJ Moore
, Diontae
Najee, Eno, Rhamondre, Etienne ,Gus
Muth + Irv
1-6 team (Josh Allen, Russ as QBs - sigh) playing 6-1 this week -

Need upside --

I am leaning Wan'dale - Moore - Rhamondre - Etienne
Between Gus and Eno not sure where to go? Given Conner is back, Eno?
Between Muth and Irv - leaning Muth

Keeping Najee, Diontae on bench against Eagles

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
With the news Hubbard isn't practicing, giving me pause, standard scoring

Gus Edwards (tonight) @ Bucs
D.Foreman @ Falcons

Feels like it might be one of those with Foreman, "he's probably only useful for one week" type of situations but Edwards off injury on a short week hardly screams huge night so worthy of asking I think.

I disagree about Foreman and you could argue the same thing about Gus.

Personally I think Foreman is back and he's in line for a lot of work. The Panthers ran 29 times last week to only 16 passes and that has to be the game plan going forward (whether it works out that way or not is a different argument). Also Hubbard was DNP yesterday and today, if the Panthers want to win anything and the coaches and players do, even if the front office would rather they didn't that path runs through D'Onta. Now for the reality check. This is not a talented Panthers team and Atlanta is a surprisingly tough out, mostly, who play tight games and are a top 10 rush defense (on paper). So D'Onta is probably a volume play and not a "must start". Still I like him this week even with the possibility the Panthers come crashing to earth...which is also something we thing about the Falcons, right?

I like Gus but and am relying on him this week, mostly out of necessity. He has consistently run strong when given the opportunity but he isn't a factor in the passing game (Foreman probably isn't either) and seems TD dependent and the Ravens have somewhat surprisingly only rushed for 6 TDs in 7 games this season. The Buccaneers are reeling on rush D (I have posted about it a couple times above) and may not be a very good team. But we all say that while holding our breath just a little bit as we await the Bucs waking up and being in a foul mood. Every week I think that less and less, I mean I don't care how fired up and "Us against the world" the Panthers were, how could the Bucs only muster 3 points @ Carolina? That's crazy. So if you love Gus go with him.

I see why this is a tough call and would probably flip-flop a lot if it were my team but, right now:
Foreman>Gus

Last edited:

Team A. Need a QB:
D.Prescott vs Chi
D.Carr @ N.O.

J.Connor @ Minn
J.Williams @ Dall
B.Cooks vs Tenn
If lattimore is not playing I would start Carr. Otherwise go with Dak.

I don’t trust Connor. no williams on the bears but if you are talking about detroits Williams I think swift is back

Cooks is probably the safer wr but I like Kirk out of the slot against Denver since surtain doesn’t cover the slot receiver.

Tua or Kyler?

:shades:
Great choices and no wrong answers.

The argument for Kyler: Look, you drafted Kyler highly, much higher than Tua, for a reason and even with a downish year they look like a different team since the second half of the Raiders game. He's rushing for 37 yards/game, passing for 240 and, yes only 7 pass TDs but 2 rush TDs plus a 2-point conversion on top. The Vikings are a middling defense and they have a pretty solid offense, and even if they do blow the Vikings out 1) it will probably be because of stuff Kyler did in the first 50 minutes of the game and 2) it isn't really like Arizona is truly a "grind-out-the-clock" offense. Kyler will always be involved. Now, do the Vikings have a chance to blow out the Cardinals? Sure, why not? They're the Great Lakes Raiders. But, as we saw in the Raiders game, when getting blown out Kyler goes into Tecmo Super Bowl mode.

The argument for Tua: Tyreek, Waddle, Detroit Lions.

Yeah, no wrong answers here. 100% a gut call.

For me:
Kyler>Tua

12 team ppr..6pt per TD pass.

Lamar Jackson at Tampa….He’s been a dud. They seem to want to run. Tampa D is beat up.

or

Tua at the Lions…

PPR league. Need a flex.

Note: I'm a 15 point underdog.

* G. Edwards @TB -- Everyone seems to be riding the Gus Bus tonight, but I'm hesitant. Short week, just coming off injury. Could see more of Hill and Drake. Also feel like TB could click back into gear at any moment with all those weapons and gamescript Gus out a bit.

* D. Henderson vs SF -- Not a good matchup at all and Henderson has yet to crack 47 yards rushing in any game. McVay seems determined to keep M. Brown and some other guy (Rivers?) in the mix as well. O-line not playing well. Could get some dump offs and have a decent floor but not sure the upside I need is there.

* W'Dale Robinson @SEA - Targets and snaps up big. TE Bellinger out. Slayton hanging around. Toney off to KC. Could see SEA being able to put up some points. Robinson played basically a half last week and recorded double digit PPR poins. Arrow pointing up for sure.

Which?

Thanks
I don't think everyone is riding the Gus Bus (I like that) tonight and if they are they're assuming a big risk. I have spoken about him more than a bit in this thread already, so forgive me doing a cut and paste:

I like Gus but and am relying on him this week, mostly out of necessity. He has consistently run strong when given the opportunity but he isn't a factor in the passing game and seems TD dependent and the Ravens have somewhat surprisingly only rushed for 6 TDs in 7 games this season. The Buccaneers are reeling on rush D (I have posted about it a couple times above) and may not be a very good team. But we all say that while holding our breath just a little bit as we await the Bucs waking up and being in a foul mood. Every week I think that less and less, I mean I don't care how fired up and "Us against the world" the Panthers were, how could the Bucs only muster 3 points @ Carolina? That's crazy. So if you love Gus go with him.

Ugh, Henderson. I like him, I drafted him, I cut him, I sorta regret that decision (even if it was entirely unforeseeable) but that's mostly because my RB corps has been beset with injury (Swift & Javonte). What I don't like is this Rams team so far, particularly the offensive line, the 66%-34% pass:run ratio, or Stafford's "Where's Kupp? Not open okay...where's Kupp?" philosophy. We have one game of data on Henderson and he was mostly below average and saved his day with a nice TD run. They also are facing a hated rival with a great defense, coming off a bad loss, equally desperate for a win and has been handling the Rams regularly over the Garoppolo era ("There was one?"). He's 8-2 against them (0-1 in the playoffs). I just don't know enough about this Rams offense or Henderson's true role in it. I can say most of these things about Gus too but I like Baltimore a whole lot more than the Rams ATM.

Wan'Dale is a real wild card here. I am starting Gus on my team (as I mentioned out of necessity, I may post my own WSIS next) and I am debating Wan'Dale vs Courtland Sutton. Frankly even if Russell Wilson starts, which is much better for Sutton, I might still be on the fence between the two. So, I do like Wan'Dale. He may be the #1 target for the NYG, he probably is. It's a lower volume passing game but Toney & Golladay are apparently being benched (personally I think the Giants are looking for any trade partners they can find for those guys) and the competition for targets are Darius Slayton & Richie James (Saquon gonna Saquon, nothing you can do about that), that isn't stiff competition. In a PPR I think he has real potential value and the Seahawks, while definitely a surprise team that no one should count out (like the Giants) they can be scored upon.

Yeah, tough call between Gus & Wan'Dale IMO. I am flip flopping a lot while stalling to make a call here. But, ATM,I think, since it's a PPR...I very tentatively roll the dice on:

Wan'Dale>Gus

Got my own here:

Gus @ TB
Jamaal Williams v Miami (already decided I am starting Swift and I am locked into that decision).

Lamar Jackson at Tampa….He’s been a dud. They seem to want to run. Tampa D is beat up.

or

Tua at the Lions…
Hmmm tougher than it looks IMO. But with Andrews banged up, I think I gotta lean Tua against a weak Lions D.

Got my own here:

Gus @ TB
Jamaal Williams v Miami (already decided I am starting Swift and I am locked into that decision).
Thanks for your help with mine!!

because the game is indoors and Miami can put up points, its entirely possible Jamal gets two bunny tds.

but Gus has great safer floor I think.

gus floor jamaal ceiling

Here's an ugly one. Stafford vs. SF or Trevor vs Denver?
Yeah, a tough one. The loss of Javon Kinlaw (IR) and the possible loss of Arik Armstead (DNP yesterday) make this a slightly tougher decision (if both them and Bosa were healthy & active I would say Lawrence pretty strongly).

But, y'know, Stafford has been a disaster this season and Lawrence simply has not. He's not a world beater but he manufactures magic football points pretty consistently, certainly more so than Stafford. We have reached the point in the season where benching stalwarts like Rodgers, Brady & Stafford have become legitimate decisions not panic plays after one bad game.

Yeah, I think until proven otherwise:
Lawrence>Stafford

PPR league. Need a flex.

* G. Edwards @TB -- Everyone seems to be riding the Gus Bus tonight, but I'm hesitant. Short week, just coming off injury. Could see more of Hill and Drake. Also feel like TB could click back into gear at any moment with all those weapons and gamescript Gus out a bit.

* D. Henderson vs SF -- Not a good matchup at all and Henderson has yet to crack 47 yards rushing in any game. McVay seems determined to keep M. Brown and some other guy (Rivers?) in the mix as well. O-line not playing well. Could get some dump offs and have a decent floor but not sure the upside I need is there.

* W'Dale Robinson @SEA - Targets and snaps up big. TE Bellinger out. Slayton hanging around. Toney off to KC. Could see SEA being able to put up some points. Robinson played basically a half last week and recorded double digit PPR poins. Arrow pointing up for sure.

Which?

Thanks
I don't think everyone is riding the Gus Bus (I like that) tonight and if they are they're assuming a big risk. I have spoken about him more than a bit in this thread already, so forgive me doing a cut and paste:

I like Gus but and am relying on him this week, mostly out of necessity. He has consistently run strong when given the opportunity but he isn't a factor in the passing game and seems TD dependent and the Ravens have somewhat surprisingly only rushed for 6 TDs in 7 games this season. The Buccaneers are reeling on rush D (I have posted about it a couple times above) and may not be a very good team. But we all say that while holding our breath just a little bit as we await the Bucs waking up and being in a foul mood. Every week I think that less and less, I mean I don't care how fired up and "Us against the world" the Panthers were, how could the Bucs only muster 3 points @ Carolina? That's crazy. So if you love Gus go with him.

Ugh, Henderson. I like him, I drafted him, I cut him, I sorta regret that decision (even if it was entirely unforeseeable) but that's mostly because my RB corps has been beset with injury (Swift & Javonte). What I don't like is this Rams team so far, particularly the offensive line, the 66%-34% pass:run ratio, or Stafford's "Where's Kupp? Not open okay...where's Kupp?" philosophy. We have one game of data on Henderson and he was mostly below average and saved his day with a nice TD run. They also are facing a hated rival with a great defense, coming off a bad loss, equally desperate for a win and has been handling the Rams regularly over the Garoppolo era ("There was one?"). He's 8-2 against them (0-1 in the playoffs). I just don't know enough about this Rams offense or Henderson's true role in it. I can say most of these things about Gus too but I like Baltimore a whole lot more than the Rams ATM.

Wan'Dale is a real wild card here. I am starting Gus on my team (as I mentioned out of necessity, I may post my own WSIS next) and I am debating Wan'Dale vs Courtland Sutton. Frankly even if Russell Wilson starts, which is much better for Sutton, I might still be on the fence between the two. So, I do like Wan'Dale. He may be the #1 target for the NYG, he probably is. It's a lower volume passing game but Toney & Golladay are apparently being benched (personally I think the Giants are looking for any trade partners they can find for those guys) and the competition for targets are Darius Slayton & Richie James (Saquon gonna Saquon, nothing you can do about that), that isn't stiff competition. In a PPR I think he has real potential value and the Seahawks, while definitely a surprise team that no one should count out (like the Giants) they can be scored upon.

Yeah, tough call between Gus & Wan'Dale IMO. I am flip flopping a lot while stalling to make a call here. But, ATM,I think, since it's a PPR...I very tentatively roll the dice on:

Wan'Dale>Gus

Welp...with the J. Chase news I have to start W'Dale anyways...so it's Gus vs. Henderson.

Based on your feedback above, I'd imagine you'd choose Gus over Henderson.

Hell...the way this season is going I may just start choosing based on entertainment value. Gus value high here as I'll be watching him tonight.

Got my own here:

Gus @ TB

Gus but could spectacularly backfire if a certain game script comes to pass in either game. Have a weird sinking feeling Bucs are gonna jump out in front and Jackson will just pass a lot, Gus doesn't catch as we know. All that said, safest floor of the two. Probably.

PPR Flex Question... Pick two please:

RB Etienne, WR Cooks, WR Davis, WR Lamb

Thanks!

ETN and Davis, though couldn't blame you for starting Lamb. Just don't think Dak will need to pass much, Bears are rotten against the run, Pollard is coming up big this week.

Team A. Need a QB:
D.Prescott vs Chi
D.Carr @ N.O.
Interesting one for QB:

I don't think Dak struggled at all last week, I just don't think the Cowboys really needed him to do anything other than be efficient even in a game that was in doubt well into the 3rd quarter. This way I could see being more of the same. The Dallas defense is ferocious, far more so against the pass than run, and, even with the new-ish wrinkles in the Bears offense I think it's going to be tough to keep Cowboys out of the Bears backfield all day. That being said, the Bears were impressive on Monday and they may be more competitive this week than Detroit was last week. The Lions still hung 117 rushing yards on them and the Bears are even better running the football. But...I'm having trouble seeing this as a competitive game. I also think Dak is entering the stage of his career where he runs less.

I do see Saints v Raiders being a competitive game and I see Carr as a Steady-Eddie at QB, but I do question his upside in this scheme. McDaniels seems perfectly content to let Jacobs carry the load and use Carr more judiciously as he acclimates to the complex offense. Still, he's good for 250 & 1.5 almost like clock work.

For me it comes down to the Saints give up 10 more ppg than the Bears and the Raiders score about 8 more ppg than the Cowboys. So:
Carr>Dak

J.Connor @ Minn
J.Williams @ Dall
B.Cooks vs Tenn
Do you mean Jamaal Williams v Miami because I don't know a J.Williams on the Bears. I'm going to assume you mean Jamaal.

I just don't like James Conner as a running back, he's got a great back story and I'm sure he's a fine human being, but last year was a complete aberration. People ignore the fact that he's a substandard runner and always has been because somehow he managed to fall into the end zone 18 times last year. Sure he may get some love there but I'm not banking on it. Particularly as Eno Benjamin has shown enough to take some of his carries (IMHO).

Swift is back but that doesn't necessarily mean Jamaal isn't going to get 15 carries and some goal line opportunities. I'm struggling with the decision to put him in my own lineup ATM. Miami is pretty good against the run but that doesn't concern me very much. What does concern me is 6 points & 7 turnovers combined by the Lions offense over the last two games. I get they were tough roadies but how can we have much confidence in anything Lions after that? What is somewhat compelling is over their amazing offensive start over the first four games, three of those (the three highest scoring by 11 points) were at home. So, maybe it's as simple as play Lions offense at home and bench them on the road. I just wish I had a this game in the books before I make a decision about this game.

Davis Mills threw 41 passes for 302 yards (68% completions) and Brandin Cooks had 5 targets for 4-46-0. And that really doesn't appear to be a huge aberration. Cooks target share is lower than anticipated over the last four games (7, 7, 6, 5) and his appeal had always been double digit targets. The good news is the Titans are pretty terrible against the pass (295 y/g and have given up 13 TDs). So there's a solid bit of hope, plus even though Derrick Henry has been running hog wild over the Texans over the last two seasons the Titans v Texans games have been close and evenly matched (FWIW)

After a tough stretch Kirk got his mojo back last week. And if you look at that bad three game stretch it is enhanced a bit by the Phili game. He only had two catches (in a downpour) but he still got 9 targets, which is a positive by any measure. I know it's London and I know Denver is a tough out but, I think Kirk is, maybe your safest option.

There are a lot of pros & cons here. IMO it probably comes down to a coin toss between Jamaal & Kirk. Since you're in a full PPR I think Kirk may have the edge by a slight margin. He should get more targets than Cooks at least. But Jamaal is also really intriguing at home against a decent Miami rush D.

Kirk>Jamaal>Cooks>Conner

Half PPR/4pts pass TD. I need 1 for the SFLX from:

QB - Russ Wilson v Jax
QB - Geno v NYG
WR - C Kirk v DEN

Currently leaning Geno.
I virtually always put a QB in my SF slot.

In this case Geno is just playing so much better than Russell Wilson it feels like a no-brainer. Even without Metcalf (possibly), I'd rather lose by making the right decision on Geno than lose by making the wrong decision about Wilson.

Geno>Russ

or

Tua at the Lions…
Love Lamar and have him in my lineup as a starter but, he's gone stone cold over the last four games and it's a deep concern. He will salvage days with about 60 rush yards per game but 160 yards and .75 TDs passing per game...sucks.

Detroit is still a must start against defense and the Dolphins very much a pass first team. So, yeah if I had Tua as an option:
Tua>Lamar

PPR league. Need a flex.

Which?

Thanks

Wan'Dale>Gus

Welp...with the J. Chase news I have to start W'Dale anyways...so it's Gus vs. Henderson.

Based on your feedback above, I'd imagine you'd choose Gus over Henderson.

Hell...the way this season is going I may just start choosing based on entertainment value. Gus value high here as I'll be watching him tonight.
:shock: wow, that was sudden.

Fire up your Wan'Dales!

Who's starting M. Andrews on Thurs night?
Looks like he's expected to play but not 100% and he's coming off a goose egg performance.
If I bench M. Andrews, it will have to be I. Smith Jr who's up against the Cardinals D and they've been generous to TE's this year.

Last edited:
12-team SF league 0.5PPR
2 WR, 2RB, 1 Flex -

Wan'dale,
DJ Moore
, Diontae
Najee, Eno, Rhamondre, Etienne ,Gus
Muth + Irv
1-6 team (Josh Allen, Russ as QBs - sigh) playing 6-1 this week -

Need upside --

I am leaning Wan'dale - Moore - Rhamondre - Etienne
Between Gus and Eno not sure where to go? Given Conner is back, Eno?
Between Muth and Irv - leaning Muth

Keeping Najee, Diontae on bench against Eagles

Any thoughts?
I am okay with most of your calls. The only place I am hanging up is Diontae, he may be your best flex option IMO.

Gus v Eno is tough with Conner limited in practice. I think Eno has earned more usage but, if Conner plays his usage will be less certain as there isn't a huge rushing pie to divvy up. The Cardinals have a 33:67 run:pass ratio. If we could be confident Conner is out today I would have no problem sitting Gus but we don't so, the good news is you can wait because Diontae is an option.

Pickett is averaging 38 passes per game in his 3 starts and there is a clear outlier in the TB game (18 attempts) so, if you think the Steelers will control the Eagles then don't start Dionte.

However if you think Phili will win, relatively easily, I think you need to consider Diontae. He's still the lead WR in Pittsburgh, he's getting 10 targets/game with Pickett (13, 7 & 10) and, while the catch % is very alarming (50%) the volume is great. The Eagles are a great pass defense so it's not ideal but, push-comes-to-shove Diontae has tons of talent and should see very good volume.

Eno*>Diontae>Gus

PPR Flex Question... Pick two please:

RB Etienne, WR Cooks, WR Davis, WR Lamb

Thanks!
Corey or Gabe Davis??? Very important consideration.

If it's Corey Davis then slam dunk Etienne & Lamb.

If it's Gabe then I think you have to roll him out. He carries no injury designation and he is crazy efficient, particularly with the TDs. His low volume is a concern but he seems to make up for it.

Then it comes down to Etienne v Lamb (Cooks isn't an option with those others available IMO). I really like CeeDee but this may be another defense & grind game for the Cowboys. Plus Dak loves CeeDee but he's better at spreading the ball around than Rush.

Etienne is in line for consistent 15-17 touches and he's straight up ballin'. I don't like benching CeeDee but I ride Etienne in this situation.

Etienne>Gabe>CeeDee

Who's starting M. Andrews on Thurs night?
Looks like he's expected to play but not 100% and he's coming off a goose egg performance.
If I bench M. Andrews, it will have to be I. Smith Jr who's up against the Cardinals D and they've been generous to TE's this year.
I mean, I get it and it may not work out but Andrews is just so much better and so much more utilized. Again it may backfire but you'll hurt a lot more if Andrews has a good game on your bench than if Irv does. IMHO

Andrews>Irv

Trade question.

Looking to help lessen the blow of losing J. Chase at WR and also plug bye week holes next week for both B. Aiyuk and W'Dale Robinson. I have a temporary over supply of QBs -- Dak, D. Carr, and J. Fields. Decided to sit Dak this week for Carr (and Dak has a bye next week) and then Fields schedule looks sweet after this weeks Dallas machup.

So, I'm looking to trade Dak for...

Drum roll...

...JuJu.

Yeah KC getting Toney, but JuJu has had two impressive outings in a row, is in a high powered offense, and really, I'd probably drop Dak anyways for a waiver wire WR.

The owner is pretty desperate for a QB and NOBODY else has a need.

Maybe a win win for once.

Deal Dak for JuJu?

Thanks

J.Connor @ Minn
J.Williams @ Dall
B.Cooks vs Tenn
Do you mean Jamaal Williams v Miami because I don't know a J.Williams on the Bears. I'm going to assume you mean Jamaal.

I just don't like James Conner as a running back, he's got a great back story and I'm sure he's a fine human being, but last year was a complete aberration. People ignore the fact that he's a substandard runner and always has been because somehow he managed to fall into the end zone 18 times last year. Sure he may get some love there but I'm not banking on it. Particularly as Eno Benjamin has shown enough to take some of his carries (IMHO).

Swift is back but that doesn't necessarily mean Jamaal isn't going to get 15 carries and some goal line opportunities. I'm struggling with the decision to put him in my own lineup ATM. Miami is pretty good against the run but that doesn't concern me very much. What does concern me is 6 points & 7 turnovers combined by the Lions offense over the last two games. I get they were tough roadies but how can we have much confidence in anything Lions after that? What is somewhat compelling is over their amazing offensive start over the first four games, three of those (the three highest scoring by 11 points) were at home. So, maybe it's as simple as play Lions offense at home and bench them on the road. I just wish I had a this game in the books before I make a decision about this game.

Davis Mills threw 41 passes for 302 yards (68% completions) and Brandin Cooks had 5 targets for 4-46-0. And that really doesn't appear to be a huge aberration. Cooks target share is lower than anticipated over the last four games (7, 7, 6, 5) and his appeal had always been double digit targets. The good news is the Titans are pretty terrible against the pass (295 y/g and have given up 13 TDs). So there's a solid bit of hope, plus even though Derrick Henry has been running hog wild over the Texans over the last two seasons the Titans v Texans games have been close and evenly matched (FWIW)

After a tough stretch Kirk got his mojo back last week. And if you look at that bad three game stretch it is enhanced a bit by the Phili game. He only had two catches (in a downpour) but he still got 9 targets, which is a positive by any measure. I know it's London and I know Denver is a tough out but, I think Kirk is, maybe your safest option.

There are a lot of pros & cons here. IMO it probably comes down to a coin toss between Jamaal & Kirk. Since you're in a full PPR I think Kirk may have the edge by a slight margin. He should get more targets than Cooks at least. But Jamaal is also really intriguing at home against a decent Miami rush D.

Kirk>Jamaal>Cooks>Conner
Yes it's Williams on Detroit,musta had last week on my mind,my bad

.5 ppr 1 per 10 yards and 6 pt tds. Start 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3 Flex from those positions. My options (Players in bold are locks):

RB - Cook, Fournette, Stevenson, Sanders,
WR - T Hill, D Adams, Hopkins, A St Brown, Pickens
TE - T Hill, Pitts

Something about Tampa concerns me so St Brown is in for the mere fact that he has crazy high ceiling. TE is a weekly flop.

I rarely have this much of a logjam figuring out who to get into and out of my lineup. But here's the deal:

PPR, 5 PT BONUS AT 300 PASS, 150 RUSH, 150 WR
Oh, and 6pt QB TD's!

Hurts vPIT
Tagovailoa @DET

And choose 5 (2/3 or 3/2):

Mixon @CLE
Etienne vDEN
Aaron Jones @BUF
Swift vMIA
AJ Brown vPIT
Lamb vCHI
Godwin vBAL

So many pros and cons going on...

Last edited:
Standard Scoring..

Pick 5 (max 3 RB)
Henry
McCaffrey
Chubb
AJones
Pollard
AJBrown
Higgins

Pick 1 TE:
Taysom Hill
Hurst

Thanks.

Last edited:
Trade question.

Looking to help lessen the blow of losing J. Chase at WR and also plug bye week holes next week for both B. Aiyuk and W'Dale Robinson. I have a temporary over supply of QBs -- Dak, D. Carr, and J. Fields. Decided to sit Dak this week for Carr (and Dak has a bye next week) and then Fields schedule looks sweet after this weeks Dallas machup.

So, I'm looking to trade Dak for...

Drum roll...

...JuJu.

Yeah KC getting Toney, but JuJu has had two impressive outings in a row, is in a high powered offense, and really, I'd probably drop Dak anyways for a waiver wire WR.

The owner is pretty desperate for a QB and NOBODY else has a need.

Maybe a win win for once.

Deal Dak for JuJu?

Thanks
One QB league or Super Flex? I probably wouldn't do that deal in a SF league.

JuJu has had 8 targets in 5 of 7 games. I think he's the clear #1WR in KC (although if he was the clear #1 I wouldn't have said "I think"). If Toney suddenly gets healthy I think he impacts MVS & Hardman more than JuJu, but that's just idle speculation.

In a one QB league I don't think it's a bad risk considering your situation.

DST questions allowed here?

Holding 2 stud D’s … so looking for thoughts on the better play.

Dallas v CHI

or

Buffalo v GB

Yahoo, and my brain has the Dallas D slated as the play. Dallas D should have no problem shutting down ‘da bears. But? Could be a short game - lots of 3 and outs, which means less opportunity for a defensive plays.

BILLS DEF on the other hand? Should also dominate, but AArod is going to have to chuck it - which could lead to more def scoring.

Am I trying to be too cute here? I’ve been told I’m handsome - but not cute.

Bills D v Packers

Dallas D v Bears

Both D’s playing at home. Prime time game for the Buffalos

.5 ppr 1 per 10 yards and 6 pt tds. Start 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3 Flex from those positions. My options (Players in bold are locks):

RB - Cook, Fournette, Stevenson, Sanders,
WR - T Hill, D Adams, Hopkins, A St Brown, Pickens
TE - T Hill, Pitts

Something about Tampa concerns me so St Brown is in for the mere fact that he has crazy high ceiling. TE is a weekly flop.
Sorry I didn't get to this one sooner, but I probably wouldn't have said Fournette anyway.

So it looks like you need a TE and a flex, right?

I spoke about Hill v Pitts above so forgive the cut and paste: Honestly I roll Taysom Hill under the logic that you're trying to capture his big games. He has scored in four of seven games and he has been remarkably efficient.

I have no idea what to do about Pitts ATM. I mean, how can he be so completely ignored in this offense? At this point, regardless of what we think about him as an athlete we have to accept his current production as a fact and just shake our heads when he actually does something interesting.

Taysom>Pitts

For flex it's very difficult. I can dig ARSB but I have a few concerns about the Lions offense after the last two games. But it's at home and their offense was scorching hot at the start of the season at home. Almost everyone on offense is healthy too so that should be helpful.

I do like Pickens but I think you have better options.

I'm having trouble finding an argument against Miles Sanders. He gets about 20 touches per game pretty regularly, he runs very well (4.6 ypc) and he catches a few balls too. I get the concern about TD vulturing but he has scored in 3 of 6 games and has 4 overall so, not sure it should be a big concern. Pittsburgh doesn't have a particularly stout rush defense either and I think we all anticipate a Phili win. I don't like predicting game scripts but I have no problem predicting Ws & Ls. There could always be an upset but I'm not seeing it here.

I get not considering Rhamondre here, but he isn't a bad option. He's running very strong and is involved in the passing game heavily. But there are some questions about Harris's role and the Jets look like maybe a legitimate tough out.

Yeah, for me it comes down to ARSB v Sanders, and I can see that being a coin toss (to me). You should definitely ride with your instincts but

Push comes to shove:
Sanders>ARSB

PPR

Flex

Tyler Boyd @CLE
or
George Pickens @PHI
or
One of the TEs from above

I like Boyd but after last week it definitely feels like chasing points. It just does. Cleveland has a better pass defense, Boyd is simply way too inconsistent and the Bengals have too many options. ; I just think we're going to go back to a 5-44 with maybe a 33% chance for a TD.

Pickens has a difficult matchup, I guess but from a fantasy perspective Cle & Phi perform about the same against opposing WRs. Pickens has had 7, 8, 8, 6 & 6 targets over his last five, that's more consistent volume than Boyd. Of course Burrow is worlds better than Pickett there is something about Pickens that makes us all think he could do something special at any moment.

Pickens>Boyd
@Demian Obviously with the news on Chase being out we have to rethink Boyd a little bit. Somewhere between 6 & 11 targets just opened up and Boyd just moved up a rung in the read progression. That feels like a big deal. Cleveland has a bad rush defense. I mean there is no shame in giving up 227 to the Chargers (well, of course there is but at least it was against Austin Ekeler) but they gave up 178 to the Falcons and Tyler Allgeier (84), Caleb Huntley (56) & Cordarrelle (38). 160 against the Ravens last week too. So, I don't see 52 passes, or maybe not even 42 like last week, and have to imagine Mixon & Samje are a bigger part of the game plan. Still I think we can say with more confidence that Boyd could see 8-9 targets with an outside chance at double digits.

In this context I think Boyd as the #2 (maybe #1-ish), having the far superior QB is probably the better play now (or at least the smarter one).

Boyd>Pickens

PPR

Flex

Tyler Boyd @CLE
or
George Pickens @PHI
or
One of the TEs from above

I like Boyd but after last week it definitely feels like chasing points. It just does. Cleveland has a better pass defense, Boyd is simply way too inconsistent and the Bengals have too many options. ; I just think we're going to go back to a 5-44 with maybe a 33% chance for a TD.

Pickens has a difficult matchup, I guess but from a fantasy perspective Cle & Phi perform about the same against opposing WRs. Pickens has had 7, 8, 8, 6 & 6 targets over his last five, that's more consistent volume than Boyd. Of course Burrow is worlds better than Pickett there is something about Pickens that makes us all think he could do something special at any moment.

Pickens>Boyd
@Demian Obviously with the news on Chase being out we have to rethink Boyd a little bit. Somewhere between 6 & 11 targets just opened up and Boyd just moved up a rung in the read progression. That feels like a big deal. Cleveland has a bad rush defense. I mean there is no shame in giving up 227 to the Chargers (well, of course there is but at least it was against Austin Ekeler) but they gave up 178 to the Falcons and Tyler Allgeier (84), Caleb Huntley (56) & Cordarrelle (38). 160 against the Ravens last week too. So, I don't see 52 passes, or maybe not even 42 like last week, and have to imagine Mixon & Samje are a bigger part of the game plan. Still I think we can say with more confidence that Boyd could see 8-9 targets with an outside chance at double digits.

In this context I think Boyd as the #2 (maybe #1-ish), having the far superior QB is probably the better play now (or at least the smarter one).

Boyd>Pickens
I agree Boyd is in over Pickens.

I rarely have this much of a logjam figuring out who to get into and out of my lineup. But here's the deal:

PPR, 5 PT BONUS AT 300 PASS, 150 RUSH, 150 WR
Oh, and 6pt QB TD's!

Hurts vPIT
Tagovailoa @DET
Earlier I recommend Tua over Lamar and I don't regret that decision but last night Lamar showed why he is so very capable of monster games. He didn't quite hit everything but he came close and finished with a good game.

Jalen appears to be a better passer than Lamar. Lamar has an edge as a rusher but Phili seems much more willing to use Hurts near the goal line. All this is to say I like Hurts more than Lamar (by a small margin)

As it relates to Tua, because your league has the 300 yard bonus and all TDs are six points, IMO, that may give Tua a slight edge. But does it really? He has 9 TD passes in about 4.5 games (and the 0.5 he had a concussion and was facing the Bills). But six of those TDs came in one game. So there is definitely some doubt. And even though Tyreek & Waddle are having big seasons Tua hasn't consistently put up big yardage. Still, they are in Detroit, where the Lions are almost at full health on offense and their defense is still not good. That is another reason to think Tua could have a big day.

Still my call on Tua>Lamar has me thinking that maybe rolling Tua out is overthinking. Jalen is an elite magic football QB, he should be treated as such.

Obviously do what you think is best but:

Jalen>Tua

And choose 5 (2/3 or 3/2):

Mixon @CLE
Etienne vDEN
Aaron Jones @BUF
Swift vMIA
AJ Brown vPIT
Lamb vCHI
Godwin vBAL
Considering your RB options I have no problem saying Mixon & Etienne should be locks.

Sorry I missed out on responding before last night but I still would have said AJ & CeeDee over Godwin.

If you still need a flex, personally I would assume the risk for the rewards and start Swift over Jones. I could very easily argue in favor of Jones but in Buffalo and struggling like they are, it's tough to roll out any Packer this week (watch them go into Buffalo and win now).

The Lions have been a :poop: show the last two games. But they were both tough roadies, the offense is healthy and during their three home games they have put up pinball numbers. Swift may get hurt in the opening snap but he carries no designation and has proven to be a big play machine when given the opportunity.

Mixon>Etienne>Swift>Jones

AJ>CeeDee>Godwin

Swift>Godwin>Jones

Standard Scoring..

Pick 5 (max 3 RB)
Henry
McCaffrey
Chubb
AJones
Pollard
AJBrown
Higgins

Pick 1 TE:
Taysom Hill
Hurst

Thanks.
You only have two WRs so it's gonna be three RBs no matter what.

Good problem to have at RB but it seems easy to me.

Jones isn't an option @ Buffalo IMO.

I get loving Pollard if Zeke is out but when you have Henry, McCaffrey & Chubb why would you risk it? He will probably outperform at least one of them, law of averages etc, but which one?

If I were to bench one in favor of Pollard, and it isn't a bad idea by any stretch, it would be McCaffrey. That is a risky proposition considering he's the lead guy in Shanahan's offense but I could always argue that the Niners facing the Rams can be unpredictable. And he's oy been in SF for a week so maybe Shanny spells him a little more than normal. But the Niners are 8-2 against the Rams with Garoppolo at QB so I can't oversell the risk.

I get Cinci may be a tougher matchup but how can you bench a guy getting 20 opportunities, 116 yards and over a TD per game?

Henry>Chubb>McCaffrey>Pollard

For TE, all of whom, except Kelce & Andrews, I consider both to be random number generators it is a tough choice with the Chase news.

Ultimately this is a ceiling v floor argument. So it really depends on what you are looking for from the start. IMO I like taking the risk so:

Taysom>Hurst

DST questions allowed here?

Holding 2 stud D’s … so looking for thoughts on the better play.

Dallas v CHI

or

Buffalo v GB

Yahoo, and my brain has the Dallas D slated as the play. Dallas D should have no problem shutting down ‘da bears. But? Could be a short game - lots of 3 and outs, which means less opportunity for a defensive plays.

BILLS DEF on the other hand? Should also dominate, but AArod is going to have to chuck it - which could lead to more def scoring.

Am I trying to be too cute here? I’ve been told I’m handsome - but not cute.

Bills D v Packers

Dallas D v Bears

Both D’s playing at home. Prime time game for the Buffalos
Honestly it's a coin toss.

1) I'm not sure the Packers offense is better than the Bears ATM. They may be easier to defend, particularly if Lazard doesn't play.

2) Michah Parsons was limited with a shoulder yesterday. He's going to play but it's worth noting.

This is definitely a tough decision and, sorry to say, there is no way to logic yourself into a better choice.

100% coin toss but since it's my thread and I feel obliged to make a call on every post:

Buf>Dal

Wait!!! No!
Dal>Buf

Wait...!!!

Sorry forgot to include WRs

AJBrown or Higgins -- Pick 1
Pick 1? Okay.

I expect a handy win by Phili (watch Pittsburgh win now) and lots of running.

Of course I could make the same argument about Cinci but that offense runs through the passing game, I'd they're winning handily the passing game will be a big part of the reason why.

Higgins>Brown

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread