What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 08 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

PPR Thinking of starting both Swift & Jamaal Wiliams vs Mia or only other option with Zeke out is Antonio Gibson vs Ind?
Facing a similar decision (Wan'Dale instead of Gibson is my option).

ATM I have Jamaal in my lineup. The logic for Jamaal is that capturing the entire Detroit RB output could be significant. And it's sound logic judging by Detroit's three home games so far this season they combined for 461 total yards and 6 TDs.

I really liked how Washington used Gibson last week but it's a one game sample. The previous week he was in a 50:50 snap share with McKissic.

I think, total gut call here:

Jamaal>Gibson

But in a PPR I could easily see going the other way.

ppr - Pollard vs Chi or Mccaffery vs Rams ?
The Chicago rush defense is giving up 150 yards per game and the Rams are giving up 104 per game but that seems to have less value considering McCaffrey is so effective in the receiving game. It

I really, really want to say Pollard here, and if that's what you think then you should absolutely go that way but...IDK I don't think I could bench McCaffrey.

McCaffrey>Pollard

PPR branon aiyuk vs Rams or Lockett vs NYG?
Aiyuk for me and it isn't really close. Too much uncertainty with Lockett's injury, even if he does play I think Aiyuk has just as much upside and as high of a floor.

Aiyuk>Lockett

1/2 PPR
Hayden Hurst, who's seen a bit more usage over the last 2 weeks, and with chance for increased target share with JChase sitting on the bench.
or
Pat Freiermuth, who's had more overall usage/success so far.

1/2 PPR
Hayden Hurst, who's seen a bit more usage over the last 2 weeks, and with chance for increased target share with JChase sitting on the bench.
or
Pat Freiermuth, who's had more overall usage/success so far.
I go Hurst based on J'Marr's injury and Burrow v Pickett. I think Pittsburgh will have to pass a lot but with Claypool, Johnson, Pickens & Najee out of the backfield it seems a little tougher to rely on Freirmuth having one of his 9 target games.

No problem going with either of the honestly as TEs are random number generators in magic football:

Hurst>Freirmuth

Higher ceiling: Eno Benjamin or D'Onta Foreman?
PPR? Very important in that decision.

If it's PPR I think maybe Eno, in a Standard format I would probably roll with Foreman.

Sorry, PPR. Yeah, leaning Eno. Thanks.
It's close, to be sure (as are almost all calls in this thread) but I do like Eno's versatility, Minnesota has a marginally worse rush defense and I think Minn can score more than Atlanta (could be wrong as Atlanta has been very efficient, but have tailed off over the last few games) which may open up more catches for Eno.

Standard league here ... Robbie Anderson @ Vikings or Tyquan Thornton @ Jets?
Flip a coin. Honestly, no way to discern between the two. Since AJ Green is supposed to be active today and Thornton seems like he may be a big play guy (so is Anderson though), I'm going to guess:

Thornton>Anderson

.5 PPR

LOCKETT VS GIANTS
PITTMAN VS COMMANDERS
DJ MOORE AT FALCONS

PICK 1

I’m leaning Lockett, but his nagging hamstring isn’t ideal.

Thanks!!
Yeah the Lockett situation is tough and it's a late game so you need to make a decision before kickoff. I'm really struggling with Lockett recommendations.

Your options both have such similar upside/downside too. I think I like DJ more than Pittman because 1) we don't know anything about Ehlinger (he could easily lock into Pittman 12 times, but he could also lock into whoever he has thrown too most with the 2nd team) and 2) the Falcons are giving up ~70 more yards per game through the air (also PJ Walker seemed to lock into DJ last week).

DJ Moore>Pittman

For Moore v Lockett it really depends on your aversion to risk. Lockett is the better call in general but I really don't like what I am hearing coming out of Seattle. I think both he an Metcalf will suit up but how effective will they be? I have no earthly idea.

DJ>Lockett

GREAT advice here..THANKS!

Got me a win

.5 PPR

LOCKETT VS GIANTS
PITTMAN VS COMMANDERS
DJ MOORE AT FALCONS

PICK 1

I’m leaning Lockett, but his nagging hamstring isn’t ideal.

Thanks!!
Yeah the Lockett situation is tough and it's a late game so you need to make a decision before kickoff. I'm really struggling with Lockett recommendations.

Your options both have such similar upside/downside too. I think I like DJ more than Pittman because 1) we don't know anything about Ehlinger (he could easily lock into Pittman 12 times, but he could also lock into whoever he has thrown too most with the 2nd team) and 2) the Falcons are giving up ~70 more yards per game through the air (also PJ Walker seemed to lock into DJ last week).

DJ Moore>Pittman

For Moore v Lockett it really depends on your aversion to risk. Lockett is the better call in general but I really don't like what I am hearing coming out of Seattle. I think both he an Metcalf will suit up but how effective will they be? I have no earthly idea.

DJ>Lockett

GREAT advice here..THANKS!

Got me a win
You're welcome but, the games aren't over.

And if not for a miracle in the 25th hour of the Panthers game we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Pittman or Herbert in my flex spot, standard scoring.

Big question marks for both, but Herbert has the more difficult matchup, and of course his playing time shared with Monty. Rookie QB starting for Indy, so nobody knows where he goes with his passes.

Leaning Pittman's way for now, but it's a close one.
I think I missed answering this one. Apologies, I try to get all of them but sometimes one slips through.

Probably would have said Pittman but not sure with Ehlinger starting.

Herbert stays in all lineups going forward! That was a mistake not starting him. Pickens was awful too. :(
It is a game of incomplete information (near zero) and It happens. Doesn't mean it was the wrong decision but, it does look like Herbert needs to be a weekly play, although I wish he were more active in the passing game.

Pittman or Herbert in my flex spot, standard scoring.

Big question marks for both, but Herbert has the more difficult matchup, and of course his playing time shared with Monty. Rookie QB starting for Indy, so nobody knows where he goes with his passes.

Leaning Pittman's way for now, but it's a close one.
I think I missed answering this one. Apologies, I try to get all of them but sometimes one slips through.

Probably would have said Pittman but not sure with Ehlinger starting.
It's okay no issues at all. I went with Pittman due to the timeshare in Chicago.

Thank you for all the work you do weekly.

Herbert stays in all lineups going forward! That was a mistake not starting him. Pickens was awful too. :(
It is a game of incomplete information (near zero) and It happens. Doesn't mean it was the wrong decision but, it does look like Herbert needs to be a weekly play, although I wish he were more active in the passing game.
You run the risk of a low floor starting him with this coaching staff. Monty got pulled due to the game getting out of hand, and his fumble.

Appreciate your help nonetheless! Always enjoy reading your processes

You run the risk of a low floor starting him with this coaching staff. Monty got pulled due to the game getting out of hand, and his fumble.

Everyone has a low floor these days. Might as well start my most talented guys and let that dictate it. Herbert’s floor is much better these days

Pickens over Mclaurin and ETN over Mostert cost me this week. Don't think there is a lesson learned though. Either way made sense,

full PPR (lost Hollywood and Mike Williams)
  • Robbie Anderson @ Vikings
  • KJ Hamler @ Jags (Wembley Stadium)
  • KJ Osborn v Cardinals
  • Kalif Raymond v Dolphins
  • Ben Skowronek v 49ers
  • Tre'quan Smith v Raiders
  • Tyquan Thorton @ Jets
:tfp:
Uhhhhhh... Okay, let me grab my Ouija Board and some chicken bones and my Tarot deck and send a telepathic emergency contact request to my Shaman.

Obviously there isn't a great way to logic through this.

Tyquann has incredible speed so maybe he can house a long one.

If Thomas & Landry remain out I have less trouble starting Tre'Quan. So monitor that.

On the premise that Detroit is better at home and Miami D<<<<<Dallas & NEP. Raymond seems interesting, particularly with Chark on IR. But he's still likely #4 in the pecking order (if not 5th behind the RBs). You have a better feel for the Lions than anyone, so go with your gut.

I can see an argument for Osborne as he gets a little volume and has a little TD potential and it's a solid matchup.

I guess Hamler could house one but stay away from that offense for the most part.

Skworlmnoq? (that's not a nickname, his name is factually impossible to spell). Where's the upside?

Anderson? No idea, in this offense.

I guess, with zero confidence and only answering because it's my thread and I feel obligated.

Tyquann>*Tre'Quan>Osborne>Raymond>Anderson>Hamler>Skworlmnoq

ETA: I need a drink after that one.

@Chaka thanks for always giving a thoughtful response, even when the questions are unanswerable lol.

I ended up with Kalif Raymond, KJ Osborn and Van Jefferson on the initial WW run. After the Toney trade, Rondale Moore was dropped by the new Kadarius manager - 23.40 off a plug n play ain't bad. Dropped Raymond who had his 3rd straight double digit PPR game (3-76 on 4 targets.)

Process matters. We'll never get all the calls right but being able to logically eliminate good choices from dart throws leads to better decision making. You do a great job every week helping others with that.

Pickens over Mclaurin and ETN over Mostert cost me this week. Don't think there is a lesson learned though. Either way made sense,
Didn't Etienne have a bigger day than Mostert?

ETA: I mean, I recommended Mostert so I hope you started Etienne.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread