What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 09 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Nice. Palmer it is…I’m in a 12 team 0.5 ppbupkis and I’ll slide him in my flex 💪
I actually think he’s a potential breakout if Allen and Williams are both out.

As of now he’s on my bench, but full PPR o could see myself swapping out Dillon for hi if the mood strikes
In full ppbupkis, absolutely 👍
What is ppbupkis?
Lol, go back and look at the original post I quoted, by Chaka. I was joking, and you’ve missed it, twice (in fairness, it wasn’t that funny/memorable.) 🤷‍♂️

Nice. Palmer it is…I’m in a 12 team 0.5 ppbupkis and I’ll slide him in my flex 💪

As of now he’s on my bench, but full PPR o could see myself swapping out Dillon for hi if the mood strikes
What is ppbupkis?
Lol, go back and look at the original post I quoted, by Chaka. I was joking, and you’ve missed it, twice (in fairness, it wasn’t that funny/memorable.) 🤷‍♂️
Usually a topic for helping people, so I ignored it the 1st time thinking you were seriously asking for help.

My bad.

What is ppbupkis?
Usually a topic for helping people, so I ignored it the 1st time thinking you were seriously asking for help.

My bad.
I never asked or posed a question? It was a joke the whole time, riffing off Chaka…you know, having fun, like the good old days….anyways, I apologize if I offended. Carry on. I’ll go back to my normal posting once every 5 years.

I never asked or posed a question? It was a joke the whole time, riffing off Chaka…you know, having fun, like the good old days….anyways, I apologize if I offended. Carry on. I’ll go back to my normal posting once every 5 years.
Yes, generally speaking I try to keep this thread focused on the Q&A and encourage people to find other outlets for entertainment. For me that usually means answering questions in my underwear.

Palmer isn't even on my radar, way too much downside and you have better options.

Jamaal>Davis>Dillon>>Palmer
Allen missed practice again. In a plus matchup the Chargers starting WR tandem may be Palmer/Carter.

That’s why he’s an option.

ETA: now Allen is saying his hammy got worse during the BYE. If Allen is out, Palmer is their WR1
I agree with Chaka but I do like palmer more than him and would put him 3rd on this list. I wish I could trust Dillon and this could be his week to shine but his usage has been way down and that team is a mess offensively.

Yes, generally speaking I try to keep this thread focused on the Q&A and encourage people to find other outlets for entertainment. For me that usually means answering questions in my underwear.
TMI 😂

TMI 😂
I guess I shouldn't tell you how I handle my Twitter feed.

Trying to decide between these three. have to start at least one of the RBs, but which...and do either trump Evans (saw he's questionable).

Stevenson, Mixon, Evans

Other starters are Diggs, DHop and Higgins.

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WRs, 1 Flex (RB, WR) K, Def Pretty normal scoring .5 PPR to RBs and RECs.

What is ppbupkis?

My bad.
No offense taken in the slightest. Like I said, I thought there was some legit football convo going & in my haste missed your humor.

The good old days are unaffected by it. It was my bad, like I said.

Palmer isn't even on my radar, way too much downside and you have better options.

Jamaal>Davis>Dillon>>Palmer
Allen missed practice again. In a plus matchup the Chargers starting WR tandem may be Palmer/Carter.

That’s why he’s an option.

ETA: now Allen is saying his hammy got worse during the BYE. If Allen is out, Palmer is their WR1
I agree with Chaka but I do like palmer more than him and would put him 3rd on this list. I wish I could trust Dillon and this could be his week to shine but his usage has been way down and that team is a mess offensively.
I figure if he gets his usual 10-15 touches, he should do a lot with them against the Lions defense.

But yeah - if Allen is out I might flip a coin Vs Palmer.

Need a receiver and a flex, ppr

R woods Vs the chiefs Sunday night (only assuming tannehill plays)
McKenzie Vs the jets
N Hines Vs the jets
Drake Vs the saints, MNF

Currently have Hines and Drake benched but not liking it.

Motley crew of qb's. FFPC scoring. Two questions:

1. Who would you start this week:

M.Stafford @ T.B.
J.Goff vs GB
T. Heinicke vs Minn

2. How would rank the following R.O.S:

M.Stafford
D.Jones
J.Goff
T.Heinicke

Trying to decide between these three. have to start at least one of the RBs, but which...and do either trump Evans (saw he's questionable).

Stevenson, Mixon, Evans

Other starters are Diggs, DHop and Higgins.

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WRs, 1 Flex (RB, WR) K, Def Pretty normal scoring .5 PPR to RBs and RECs.
My initial impression was to bench Evans but, upon reflection, I'm not so sure.

I think the Patriots roll the Colts and Stevenson will get plenty of work both rushing and receiving. He's just playing too well so I leave him in.

Mixon is the one that concerns me vis-a-vis Evans. He hasn't rushed for 100 yards all season and he hasn't broken 100 total yards since week one and that took 34 touches to accomplish. 3.3 y/c, 6.3 y/r and 3 total TDs on the season. Something is wrong there.

There is something wrong in Tampa Bay too but, IMO, it's closer to being fixable. Remember, despite it all they are a game out of first in the division so they effectively control their destiny. The Rams have a pretty solid pass defense but that's the only good thing I can say about them. The Bucs are third in the league with 24 sacks, Cooper Kupp is hobbled (at the very least) and the Rams cannot run against bad defenses. How can we not love the Bucs this week? Brady has been bad, no doubt, but he seems to have just decided to put it up to Evans 10 times a game and watch good things happen. I am inclined to roll the dice on that.

It's not an easy call, but I am comfortable with it:
Stevenson>Evans>Mixon

Even with 8 out of 20 players on bye or IR, Julio Jones is a bad idea, right?

Terrence Marshall also on the WW. At least he's a #2 on his own team. Also a bad idea?

I'm a slight favorite (52-60% depending on whose projections.)

Gut call

Conklin or Likely (its Likely for sure if Andrews is out)
You definitely have to wait. If you get no news on Andrews (or limited/DNP/GTD news) before kickoff on Sunday then I guess you should probably risk it with Likely.

If Andrews is practicing in full today & tomorrow then you should go with Conklin.

McKenzie Vs the jets
N Hines Vs the jets
Drake Vs the saints, MNF

Ooooooffff...

Y'know, I think we need to wait for the practice reports to get a little more info on Gus & Tannehill before making a decision.

With the info we have ATM I am inclined to roll with Woods & Hines. If Gus is DNP today/tomorrow, then I would consider pivoting to Drake over Hines.

IMO you should repost this question on Friday or Saturday.

Motley crew of qb's. FFPC scoring. Two questions:

1. Who would you start this week:

M.Stafford @ T.B.
J.Goff vs GB
T. Heinicke vs Minn

2. How would rank the following R.O.S:

M.Stafford
D.Jones
J.Goff
T.Heinicke
I'm comfortable rolling Goff at home. He had a good game last week that was almost a monster but for Josh Reynolds dropping a couple. Stafford is going to be running for his life against the #3 sacking team in the league. Heinicke is fun and should be a safe floor option but I think Goff is safe at home and has a higher ceiling.

Goff>Heinicke>>Stafford

Part 2 is tougher and I think any answer is worth about as much as any free advice. I probably like Jones because he can clearly run very well. I know we're all worried the wheels are going to fall off in New York but I think we can say the same about Goff & Heinicke and, personally I doubt the Rams will ever find the wheels that already came off.

Jones>Heinicke/Goff>>Stafford

If you see this before kickoff Thursday. FFPC scoring:

I need TWO of the following:

B.Cooks vs Phi
C.Kirk vs LAV
D.Smith @ Hou(Gesicki is my TE)
IMO you can't trust Cooks. That team isn't very good, it's a brutal matchup and, while garbage time may be a legitimate consideration it probably means you didn't get squat for 3 quarters to get to garbage time in the first place. I mean with Nico Collins trending out this week, where else is Philadelphia going to rotate their coverage? Chris Moore? Jordan Akins? Bevin Jordan (Bevin?)...I'll stop when I get to a name anyone has heard of...OJ Howard!!! Finally.

Of course, anything can happen, he could go for 180 & 3 TDs. But given the choice between that and 5 for 43 & 0, I'm betting the latter.
@Rubi

FYI Apparently Cooks is out tonight.

In other words I'm desperate.
Like a dude with 12 hours to live at the bar at 1:58 AM

More like Rick Grimes surrounded by a bunch of dudes with guns.

"If you let me go, walk away, then we'll let you live. I give you my word."

6-2, things will look better in a couple weeks. Got some great playoff schedules lined up so should be fine. Last week (big upset) and this week had some gross decisions, but big picture, should get there no problem. You ain't gotta be perfect in FF. Just gotta get to the playoffs and make sure you have guys with upside who might peak at the right time.

If you see this before kickoff Thursday. FFPC scoring:

I need TWO of the following:

B.Cooks vs Phi
C.Kirk vs LAV
D.Smith @ Hou(Gesicki is my TE)
IMO you can't trust Cooks. That team isn't very good, it's a brutal matchup and, while garbage time may be a legitimate consideration it probably means you didn't get squat for 3 quarters to get to garbage time in the first place. I mean with Nico Collins trending out this week, where else is Philadelphia going to rotate their coverage? Chris Moore? Jordan Akins? Bevin Jordan (Bevin?)...I'll stop when I get to a name anyone has heard of...OJ Howard!!! Finally.

Of course, anything can happen, he could go for 180 & 3 TDs. But given the choice between that and 5 for 43 & 0, I'm betting the latter.
@Rubi

FYI Apparently Cooks is out tonight.

Been in meetings all day, that's big news. Phillip Dorsett and maybe Chris Moore might be (dart throw) fantasy relevant tonight.

Murray vs SEA
Rodgers vs DET

.5 PPR

Mostert vs CHI
Stevenson vs IND
Swift vs GB

Last edited:
In other words I'm desperate.
Like a dude with 12 hours to live at the bar at 1:58 AM

More like Rick Grimes surrounded by a bunch of dudes with guns.

"If you let me go, walk away, then we'll let you live. I give you my word."

6-2, things will look better in a couple weeks. Got some great playoff schedules lined up so should be fine. Last week (big upset) and this week had some gross decisions, but big picture, should get there no problem. You ain't gotta be perfect in FF. Just gotta get to the playoffs and make sure you have guys with upside who might peak at the right time.
Oh, Grimey

Murray vs SEA
Rodgers vs DET
Man this shouldn't be difficult. Normally you have to start everyone against Detroit, right? But Kyler is so versatile and has so much ceiling...I think.

Bottom line is, at this point we should all feel comfortable not betting against the Seahawks.

One concern with Rodgers is that the running game is too effective and that is a legitimate concern. As bad as the Lions are against the pass, they are as bad, or worse, against the run. But, at home Detroit has been able to put up a lot of points, which keeps most offenses throwing the ball at least a bit. I also don't like that Rodgers made a comment today (or was it yesterday) about his thumb hurting or some such. I don't know what I don't know but, to me, it came off as him making excuses. Still, he's been good for about 225 & 2 every week, consistently. So he is good for more than that @ Detroit.

You're going to have to go with your gut on this one and you can't discount Kyler's upside but:

Rodgers>Murray

I could easily flip/flop on this one several times.

Jonathan Taylor
or
Deon Jackson
😒😒😒

Jonathan Taylor
(ankle) remained absent from the portion of Colts practice open to the media on Thursday.​

Perhaps Taylor will officially be slapped with a "limited" tag, but it seems unlikely. Taylor has now failed to get in a single practice rep after he aggravated his injury and played through a new tape job against the Commanders. The Colts will clearly do everything in their power to get Taylor on the field vs. the Patriots' sub-par run defense, but he should be considered on the wrong side of questionable. With Nyheim Hines now a Bill, Deon Jackson is a must add. Phillip Lindsay is the next man up behind Jackson.
SOURCE: Nate Atkins on Twitter
Nov 3, 2022, 1:26 PM ET

Jonathan Taylor
or
Deon Jackson
😒😒😒

Jonathan Taylor​

(ankle) remained absent from the portion of Colts practice open to the media on Thursday.​

Perhaps Taylor will officially be slapped with a "limited" tag, but it seems unlikely. Taylor has now failed to get in a single practice rep after he aggravated his injury and played through a new tape job against the Commanders. The Colts will clearly do everything in their power to get Taylor on the field vs. the Patriots' sub-par run defense, but he should be considered on the wrong side of questionable. With Nyheim Hines now a Bill, Deon Jackson is a must add. Phillip Lindsay is the next man up behind Jackson.
SOURCE: Nate Atkins on Twitter
Nov 3, 2022, 1:26 PM ET
Gotta wait, don't we?

McKenzie Vs the jets
N Hines Vs the jets
Drake Vs the saints, MNF

Gus is DNP today.

0.5 ppr

Flex one:
St. Brown vs a stingy Packers secondary OR

K. Herbert vs a porous Dolphins run defense

Both at home. First 2 weeks St. Brown tore it up but since he's been pedestrian and I'm doubting what that offense can do against a very good defense. Leaning Herbert.

0.5 ppr

Flex one:
St. Brown vs a stingy Packers secondary OR

K. Herbert vs a porous Dolphins run defense

Both at home. First 2 weeks St. Brown tore it up but since he's been pedestrian and I'm doubting what that offense can do against a very good defense. Leaning Herbert.
Well, it's fair to consider Khalil in this situation. But, while the Pack is great in yardage I think a lot of that has to do with how bad they are vs the run. They are middle of the pack in yards per pass against and sacks and bottom third in completion % and INTs.

Because you reward receptions that adds value to ARSB, who will come very close to 10 targets, with a chance to exceed it without Hock around. Khalil OTOH isn't really involved in the passing game which makes him very TD dependent. If you think the Bears are going to get rolled that favors Montgomery, I don't predict game script so...IDK. It is possible that as Herbert's role increases (or stabilizes at 50:50 timeshare) his role in the passing game will increase, but it's tough to bank on something that hasn't happened yet.

It's close and if you like Herbert then start him.

ARSB>Khalil

.5 PPR

Mostert vs CHI
Stevenson vs IND
Swift vs GB
Stevenson pretty comfortably, IMO.

Swift may not get enough touches and Mostert got new competition for touches.

Stevenson>Swift>Mostert
Bears just recently ran over by the Cowboys.

Mostart could go nuts.

Agreed, Stevenson is the safer play

Do I play either of them in front of
Kamera vs BAL
Jacobs vs JAX

.5 PPR

Mostert vs CHI
Stevenson vs IND
Swift vs GB
Stevenson pretty comfortably, IMO.

Swift may not get enough touches and Mostert got new competition for touches.

Stevenson>Swift>Mostert
Bears just recently ran over by the Cowboys.

Mostart could go nuts.

Agreed, Stevenson is the safer play

Do I play either of them in front of
Kamera vs BAL
Jacobs vs JAX
All true. My crystal ball is full of mud, so we work the best we can with the tools we have. I think your best risk/reward balance is Stevenson. But I could easily see Mostert &/or Herbert outproducing him.

If they were easy calls they wouldn't be in here.

ETA: No, I don't bench Jacobs or Kamara.

Fields or Herbert (Herbert with minimal weapons left)
Never would have thought this would be a tough one.

The only hesitation I am having with the call is the fact that Atlanta is apparently giving up 40+ more yards through the air than Miami. But the Cincinnati game looks like an outlier there. Otherwise it's difficult to get excited about any Charger not named Ekeler.

Fields has been getting a lot better as the season has progressed. Over his first three games he was averaging 100 pass yards, with 2 TDs, 32 rush yards with 1 TD. Since then (5 games) he is at 180 yards passing with 5 TD passes, and averaging 65 rush yards with 2 TDs. And over his last two games he has shown concrete examples of his upside. The Bears aren't very good but they're playing very hard. Miami should win, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bears upset them.

Even though Herbert is a next level talent, he hasn't been right since he hurt his ribs against KC. He's performing at Goff levels, actually Goff is outperforming him, so until he proves that he is all the way back, he isn't an every week starter (in one QB leagues).

Yeah, I think I roll the dice on this one:
Fields>Herbert

This one is still mostly hypothetical until we get practice updates.

So, IF Jonathan Taylor and Gus Edwards are out:

PPR, I need 2 RBs and a flex

Khalil Herbert v Miami
Kenyan Drake @ New Orleans
Deon Jackson @ New England
De'Andre Swift v Green Bay
Jamaal Anderson v Green Bay

When Swift & Williams both play they average 28 PPG in my league, that makes each of them around RB#8. I think that makes it foolish not to start them.

Jackson is out. 100% confident in that. I really like what Deon did in his two, almost, complete games but the Colts threw 99 passes combined in those games and that's where Jackson made his mark. It's unlikely they approach even a third that many attempts again this season. As a runner Jackson has been very sub-par (don't discount Zack Moss either) and at New England is the last place I want to touch any Colts.

Khalil is the best of the rest but he's mostly a non-factor in the passing game (full PPR), which makes him very TD dependent. We give one point per 15 yards rush+receiving so a 90 yard day with no receptions or TDs is pretty disappointing.

Drake OTOH is a very accomplished pass catcher, but the Ravens don't throw to RBs a lot. But Drake has been running his ### off this season and still could see four targets.

I guess the question is: If Gus is out, is Drake a legitimate option over Khalil?

PPR
Dillon @ Det
Deon Jackson @ NE (assuming Taylor doesn't play)

Love Dillon's matchup but with Hines gone Jackson should get all the work in a tough matchup.

I guess the question is: If Gus is out, is Drake a legitimate option over Khalil?
I HATE trying to figure out Baltimore RBs because I have been burned by them too many times but I do think Drake is a legitimate option in that scenario. I probably would be hemming and hawing over this decision myself and would probably flip a coin but end up going with Drake in this scenario.

I HATE trying to figure out Baltimore RBs because I have been burned by them too many times but I do think Drake is a legitimate option in that scenario. I probably would be hemming and hawing over this decision myself and would probably flip a coin but end up going with Drake in this scenario.
Nailed it! I've only done it twice but got burned both times.

Started Drake week 7 and Gus goes for two TDs. Started Gus week 8, Drake puts up 60+ yards, 4 catches & a TD. Although, to be fair it did look like Gus was on his way to a nice game before the hamstring.

But do we really like Drake more on the road than Khalil at home? The upside in touches for a Baltimore RB is 17 max (so far this season), I do think if Gus is out Justice Hill will definitely shoulder some of the load and, I worry with his more compact frame (5'10, 210 to 6'1" 210 for Drake) he may be a goal line vulture. Pretty much the same argument goes for Khalil though except we know for a fact that Montgomery will vulture touches all day but the Bears are giving their RBs about 5 more carries per game over the last three.

Yeah, it's a coin toss.

Thanks

PPR
Dillon @ Det
Deon Jackson @ NE (assuming Taylor doesn't play)

Love Dillon's matchup but with Hines gone Jackson should get all the work in a tough matchup.
Can't start Deon at New England. Just can't. I have Jackson and these are my thoughts from above:

Jackson is out. 100% confident in that. I really like what Deon did in his two, almost, complete games but the Colts threw 99 passes combined in those games and that's where Jackson made his mark. It's unlikely they approach even a third that many attempts again this season. As a runner Jackson has been very sub-par (don't discount Zack Moss either) and at New England is the last place I want to touch any Colts, particularly with a QB getting his second career start.

You start your guys against Detroit has been a solid mantra all year and I think you should stick with it even though Dillon has been so very disappointing.

Dillon>Deon

Standard scoring with yardage bonus at 100
I. Pacheco v. TENN or Deon Jackson v. NE

Currently rolling Jackson for volume, but hate hate hate the matchup

Users who are viewing this thread