What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 09 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Standard scoring with yardage bonus at 100
I. Pacheco v. TENN or Deon Jackson v. NE

Currently rolling Jackson for volume, but hate hate hate the matchup
I hate that matchup too but, sadly, agree. Without PPR, however I think it will make Jackson more TD dependent. Good thing he's a big body but I wonder whether or not Indy will cross the 50, let alone get down to the goal line.

Still, it seems smarter than trying to predict Pacheco's usage.

Deon>Pacheco

Thanks Chaka and anyone else who takes the time to review and comment!

Not so much a "who do I start" but rather "who do I drop"?

Full PPR

Dallas is on a bye this week and I need to stream a DEF for one week. As I started to write this, my intent was to keep them for the rest of the year since they've been pretty solid so far. Or do I just drop them and pick up either NO, IND or MIA as each has a higher "rest of the year" grade than Dallas.

Assuming I keep the Dallas DEF, who should I drop from my bench?

Courtland Sutton
Rondale Moore
Derek Carr

Carr is my backup QB for week 13 when Murray is on a bye. Assuming someone picks him up, I'm looking at Justin Fields (WW is pretty thin at QB) as my bye week streamer when he plays GB.

I've held onto Moore waiting for his breakout into an every week starter. He's averaging about 7 targets, 50 yards and 11 points per game. Fair numbers but he's been on my bench every game so far. Time to cut bait?

And then there's Sutton. He's been in my starting lineup each week except week 8. His PPG have steadily declined and unless Russel Wilson suddenly turns it around, I'm leery of letting him get off the bench again.

Appreciate any and all opinions!

A conundrum. FFPC scoring.
Need TWO of the following and ONE must be a TE:

I.Likely @ N.O.
M.Gesicki @ Chi
J.Johnson vs Balt
E.Benjamin vs Sea
H.Renfro @ Jax
M.Jone vs LAV

Full PPR

Dallas is on a bye this week and I need to stream a DEF for one week. As I started to write this, my intent was to keep them for the rest of the year since they've been pretty solid so far. Or do I just drop them and pick up either NO, IND or MIA as each has a higher "rest of the year" grade than Dallas.

Courtland Sutton
Rondale Moore
Derek Carr

Carr is my backup QB for week 13 when Murray is on a bye. Assuming someone picks him up, I'm looking at Justin Fields (WW is pretty thin at QB) as my bye week streamer when he plays GB.

I've held onto Moore waiting for his breakout into an every week starter. He's averaging about 7 targets, 50 yards and 11 points per game. Fair numbers but he's been on my bench every game so far. Time to cut bait?

And then there's Sutton. He's been in my starting lineup each week except week 8. His PPG have steadily declined and unless Russel Wilson suddenly turns it around, I'm leery of letting him get off the bench again.

Well, I wouldn't let go of a defense that has so much potential for splash plays. They lead the league in sacks and are 7th in takeaways. They are consistent and have the ability to single handedly win you games.

As far as which defense to pick up? Oof, that's a tough call. Bottom line is defenses are random number generators. None of your options are great at taking the ball away and are middling for sacks. I guess, maybe I roll out New Orleans based on the idea that they may have turned a corner after last week, Lamar isn't always careful with the ball and Baltimore isn't a great passing offense. But, really just take a guess or choose the team you would want to root for most.

As far as who to drop, Fields may be an outright upgrade over Carr. Those rushing yards really help bump up his floor. If you are confident you can get him to cover your QB bye then that is absolutely the guy I would target. But another 80 yard rushing performance this week against Miami and that ship may have sailed.

For me I'd ditch Moore, he's the kind of guy that you hurt yourself far more often trying to capture his good games than he helps when you actually manage to capture one.

I would personally dump both Moore & Carr and grab Fields and your bye week defense. If someone steals Moore before you can drop your second defense, so be it. I am sure there are otherr guys you can target in the same tier.

A conundrum. FFPC scoring.
Need TWO of the following and ONE must be a TE:

I.Likely @ N.O.
M.Gesicki @ Chi
J.Johnson vs Balt
E.Benjamin vs Sea
H.Renfro @ Jax
M.Jone vs LAV
Mark Andrews is DNP again today so I take the chance on Likely at this point. That offense is just too TE friendly. Unless you hear that Andrews will definitely play before kickoff Sunday I take the chance.

For the other I probably roll with Benjamin even if Conner plays there is a chance Benjamin has earned a bigger role.

Renfrow has done nothing to warrant being rostered, let alone in a lineup.

And Marvin is just a WAG. Sure it's a fine matchup but, in that offense he's as likely to see 3 targets as he is to see 7. Any given week it can be Engram, Zay Jones or Marvin who gets a bump over the other two. Pass

Likely>Gesicki>Johnson

Eno>Marvin>Renfrow

Chaka -- two questions in standard:

1) Eno (if Conner is OUT) or Swift if playing alongside / likely less than Williams?

2) For ROS, who gets bumped (if at all ?) when Cordarrelle and/ or Kyren Williams come off the IR? On the block, B. Cooks, D. Knox (I have Likely and Schultz, but Knox in play this week for now), Sutton, Eno (if / when Conner is back). I know Kyren is the biggest unknown here and would require a wait and see.

(PPR) Deon Jackson or Mostert or Palmer?
Hmmmmmmmm...generally I favor the RB but in full PPR it's different.

I hate Jackson's matchup with a QB getting his second start. He should be in for good volume and but Elingher threw only 23 total passes last week and only 3 went to RBs so it's tough to be confident.

Mostert is probably a good call here with a plus matchup (the Bears have been terrible against the run and I doubt they get better without Roquan Smith). He can see targets in the passing game too. I am not thrilled they added Wilson but that may lead to an uptick in targets.

Palmer is probably in line for 8-10 targets from a, potentially top tier QB plus Atlanta has been a terrible defense against the pass (even if you remove the 450+ Burrow hung on them they are still bottom 5). But Herbert has been off since he hurt his ribs, Atlanta appears to be a legitimately difficult team to beat and I could easily see Ekeler get the lions share this week. Palmer should be solid but I am not sure about his overall ability. Let's remember that he has played without either Allen or Williams in every game but one and he's barely managed two decent games (and I roll my eyes when I see a 9-57-0 stat line and call it decent. That right there is the argument for 0.5 PPR or no PPR at all). But, it's not like there is anyone else to throw to so maybe he's a good option.

Mostert>Palmer>Deon

Taylor being out solves my JT vs. Doubs at flex questions. But now I am thinking about Michael Pittman at one of the WR slots - full PPR, in this crappy match up. Suck it up and hope that volume gets me something, I guess. The alternatives are Duvernay (Baltimore now WR1) or Rondale Moore as the WR2 Seattle wont focus on.

Pittman>Duvernay>Moore ?????

Chaka -- two questions in standard:

1) Eno (if Conner is OUT) or Swift if playing alongside / likely less than Williams?

2) For ROS, who gets bumped (if at all ?) when Cordarrelle and/ or Kyren Williams come off the IR? On the block, B. Cooks, D. Knox (I have Likely and Schultz, but Knox in play this week for now), Sutton, Eno (if / when Conner is back). I know Kyren is the biggest unknown here and would require a wait and see.
I have a lot of trouble benching a healthy Swift at home. Heck, I have trouble benching Lions in general at home. On 35 touches at home he has almost 300 yards & 3 TDs. For me Swift is an every week starter but I also have Jamaal and I start them both because capturing the Detroit RB output at home is a winning formula. Without the benefit of both it is cloudier to be sure but I think Swift has as much upside as any RB in the league and I just don't see that with Eno.

Eno probably has the far safer floor if Conner is out so that is obviously a big consideration for you. And he can make some big plays too, so he really isn't a bad call if you choose to go that route.

For me, I shoot the upside of Swift:

Swift>Eno

For the second question: I have zero interest in Kyren Williams. He was an adequate, at best, college RB and he will come back to a team with two RBs ahead of him, Akers is back and it looks like for good, and a terrible offensive line. All of your other options are more compelling to me. But if you're set on Kyren, I guess I could see dropping Knox.

Taylor being out solves my JT vs. Doubs at flex questions. But now I am thinking about Michael Pittman at one of the WR slots - full PPR, in this crappy match up. Suck it up and hope that volume gets me something, I guess. The alternatives are Duvernay (Baltimore now WR1) or Rondale Moore as the WR2 Seattle wont focus on.

I don't have much interest in Colts at New England this week. I am not sure if it's true, but it sure feels this way, but whenever I feel so strongly about a team any given week I think it backfires on me. I probably just remember the ones that do more, but still.

That being said Pittman is just a far superior player to Duvernay and Moore. Bateman missed last week and Andrews missed most of the game and Duvernay got four targets. His high water mark this year is seven targets. It's a low volume passing offense that runs through the TEs.

Moore might be a nice option as he has seen 8 targets, or more, in three of six games. I am not a fan of his production on those numbers but they can't be discounted either. His downside, unfortunately is 2-3 targets but that seems unlikely.

Pittman, however is going to get around 9 looks. They may not be great looks but he's going to get them. Now 7-53-0 is a thoroughly unimpressive stat line but, in magic football, it gets the job done.

Yeah, Pittman is still probably your best bet:
Pittman>Moore>Duvernay

Pitiful choices this week but I need one to start at flex in a full ppr league.
TIA for any help.
Dillon v Det
Mattison v Wash
Thornton v Indy
Terrace Marshall v Cinn

TIA for any help.
Dillon v Det
Mattison v Wash
Thornton v Indy
Terrace Marshall v Cinn
In this situation I am easily sticking with my philosophy of start everyone against the Lions. Teams feast on that defense. They're giving up 32 ppg, 5 more than the next closest team. And it's consistent too, no real aberrations 38, 27, 28, 48, 29, 24 & 31. Even taking away the 48 point game they're still the worst scoring defense in the league (29ppg).

Dillon has been a disappointment but he gets some touches, your other options are more questionable and...it's the Lions.

Dillon>Marshall>Mattison>Thornton

A test of "start everyone against the Lions" versus "start Lions at home"

For full PPR:
Jamaal Williams vs GB
Romeo Doubs @DET

Does this come down to whether Lazard (currently GTD) plays or not?

This one is still mostly hypothetical until we get practice updates.

So, IF Jonathan Taylor and Gus Edwards are out:

PPR, I need 2 RBs and a flex

Khalil Herbert v Miami
Kenyan Drake @ New Orleans
Deon Jackson @ New England
De'Andre Swift v Green Bay
Jamaal Anderson v Green Bay

When Swift & Williams both play they average 28 PPG in my league, that makes each of them around RB#8. I think that makes it foolish not to start them.

Jackson is out. 100% confident in that. I really like what Deon did in his two, almost, complete games but the Colts threw 99 passes combined in those games and that's where Jackson made his mark. It's unlikely they approach even a third that many attempts again this season. As a runner Jackson has been very sub-par (don't discount Zack Moss either) and at New England is the last place I want to touch any Colts.

Khalil is the best of the rest but he's mostly a non-factor in the passing game (full PPR), which makes him very TD dependent. We give one point per 15 yards rush+receiving so a 90 yard day with no receptions or TDs is pretty disappointing.

Drake OTOH is a very accomplished pass catcher, but the Ravens don't throw to RBs a lot. But Drake has been running his ### off this season and still could see four targets.

I guess the question is: If Gus is out, is Drake a legitimate option over Khalil?
Agree with starting both Lions

I think Herbert is your third to start, he's been looking good and earning touches, and I think Chicago will be willing to be run heavy even when behind, as seen last week

For full PPR:
Jamaal Williams vs GB
Romeo Doubs @DET

I think (hope) Doubs is a pretty good bet even with Lazard playing. In games they have both played (6) Lazard leads Doubs in targets only 41-37. They have gotten equal targets in three of those 6 games.

For full PPR:
Jamaal Williams vs GB
Romeo Doubs @DET

I think (hope) Doubs is a pretty good bet even with Lazard playing. In games they have both played (6) Lazard leads Doubs in targets only 41-37. They have gotten equal targets in three of those 6 games.
Yeah, I'm thinking Doubs earned some major trust back with last week's spectacular catches

Jamaal feels safer with the continuing Swift uncertainty, but I can't shake the feeling Doubs is going to have a big game here (though whether Christian Watson plays bears watching, too I suppose)

TIA for any help.
Dillon v Det
Mattison v Wash
Thornton v Indy
Terrace Marshall v Cinn

This one comes down to opportunities. Marshall played only 4 less than DJ Moore (67-71) and ran a season high 33 routes with 9 targets. Prior week it was 43-50, whereas before the Robbie Anderson trade he was trailing Shi Smith in snaps.

With Parker out, Tyquan played only 2 less snaps than Jakobi Meyers (59-61.) Alas, only two targets. Prior two weeks he ran 24 and 29 routes while pacing third in snaps behind Parker & Meyers. He's got more boom in his game if you are an underdog, but he's way behind JM in the consistent usage category.

Pittman>Moore>>Duvernay

Lord help me, with both Allen & Williams out in a soft matchup, I think I’m going Palmer > Dillon

Palmer should be a volume play at worst, and it’s PPR - it could mean 10+ targets again.

I just don’t know if I should bench Dillon, Gabe Davis, or Jamaal Williams.

Higgins/Jefferson/Stevenson are locks for the lineup.

This one is vexing. I’m quite vexed. I have this feeling that whomever I bench will go off.
:doh:

Bye weeks, injuries and droppable type play is making it a little easier this week.
Standard Scoring...pick 2 WRs and a flex
Gabe Davis @ NYJ
DJ Moore @ CIN
Tyler Boyd vs CAR
Brian Robinson Jr vs MIN

Go all WR the right play here I would guess...made easier by Gus being hurt and not playing til Monday night. Could also drop Robinson (he is my RB 4-5 behind CMC, A. Jones, Monty...with Gus) for Deon Jackson, Rondale, or Josh Palmer to plug and play.

My question is more related to a guy i can pick up and insert

CMC and Pollard on Bye weeks, just recently came into acquiring them
Rhamondre is my RB1 this week.

I have Jeff Wilson and Nyheim Hines for my RB2, like them both moving forward to get some action but hard to play either of them this week.
Kenyan Drake sits out there on waivers but I have to make a cut, either Hines or Wilson, think it might be Hines but I really am eager to see what he can do with Josh Allen running things, he is a good receiver and IMO the Bills are very open after Diggs as to who is getting the targets. Many would have you believe Gabe Davis but he isn't always available.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Last edited:
Bye weeks, injuries and droppable type play is making it a little easier this week.
Gabe Davis @ NYJ
DJ Moore @ CIN
Tyler Boyd vs CAR
Brian Robinson Jr vs MIN

Go all WR the right play here I would guess...made easier by Gus being hurt and not playing til Monday night. Could also drop Robinson (he is my RB 4-5 behind CMC, A. Jones, Monty...with Gus) for Deon Jackson, Rondale, or Josh Palmer to plug and play.
Bench BRob, massive upside on the other 3, any of them hit like they can or should vs easier match ups, might cover any surprise Busts for the week
Cheers

Last edited:

For full PPR:
Jamaal Williams vs GB
Romeo Doubs @DET

On his own Jamaal has been performing as a top 10 RB in most formats, and that's with or without Swift in the lineup.

Because he is so TD dependent it's fair to wonder if it's sustainable. He does average 16 opportunities for 75 yards per game with about 2 targets, so it's also hard to dismiss. It's been nice regardless and it's hard to discount when the Lions are at home. They're just a different team offense in Detroit.

Yes, starting players against Detroit is always a good and maybe, just maybe, Doubs is finally emerging as a consistent threat to actually catch some passes but spare me the comparisons to Lazard for target count. Weeks 3-7 when they played together Lazard: 38 targets for 24-327-3 (63% catch rate on 13.6 y/r, ADOT 12.8) and Doubs: 34 targets for 20-170-2 (58.8% catch rate on 8.5 y/r, ADOT 9.3).

The reason that bothers me is, somehow Doubs has a lower catch % than Lazard despite running, seemingly higher % routes. I like to see the short route runners Hoovering up closer to 70% of their passes. It suggests Doubs has trouble getting separation in the shorter, clogged spaces, which might explain why Lazard also gets all the targets inside the 10.

Doom and gloom aside Doubs has a great opportunity this week and maybe this hunch pays off.

For my risk/reward taste I lean:
Jamaal>Doubs

But it is definitely an interesting enough proposition that I wouldn't fault you for going Doubs. It is the Lions after all. Particularly if both Watson & Lazard are out.

ETA: @rjax FYI both Lazard & Watson are active. I stand by my recommendation.

Last edited:
Lord help me, with both Allen & Williams out in a soft matchup, I think I’m going Palmer > Dillon

Palmer should be a volume play at worst, and it’s PPR - it could mean 10+ targets again.

This one is vexing. I’m quite vexed. I have this feeling that whomever I bench will go off.
I won't try to talk you out of Palmer, Atlanta has a bad passing defense. I'm just not terribly optimistic on the guy.

I would consider benching Dillon. I think he has a great opportunity to finally do something against this Lions team but Gabe is a home run waiting to happen, and his floor is no worse than Dillon's and Jamaal has been to good, too consistently at home.

Jamaal>Gabe>Dillon

Mclaurin , Dj Moore or josh Palmer? Ppr
Palmer is in line for a lot of looks but, IMO, you have better options that we have much more information about.

The Vikings are worse against the pass than the Bengals, by a good margin overall but it is really difficult to gauge what each offense (Carolina & Washington) really are with QBs who have only started two games this season. That Panther/Falcons game was a blast to watch but do we really think PJ Walker is that QB? Or the Panthers want to throw the ball 36 times per game? I don't. I think Walker is better than he was last year but he's small (5'11") and not terribly mobile (65 carries for -100 yards, yes negative 100, as a senior at Temple). He strikes me as a guy that defenses figure out pretty quickly. On the plus side, he does seem to be laser focused on getting DJ Moore the ball.

Same can be said of Heinicke but, he has more starting experience in the NFL and has proven to be accurate and, at least, average as an NFL starter. I also think Washington is built to pass more than Carolina, who I think will ride D'onta Foreman as far as he can carry them.

Ultimately this feels like more of a gut call because of so many unknowns but I'm giving the edge to the home team and the more experienced QB

McLaurin>Moore>Palmer

Gabe Davis @ NYJ
DJ Moore @ CIN
Tyler Boyd vs CAR
Brian Robinson Jr vs MIN

I bench Brian Robinson. He's a great story and all, and maybe he's just finding his legs after missing so much time, but...he's looked bad. I don't feel confident relying on him with his resume.

Davis is a home run threat, DJ seems to be getting force fed by Walker and Boyd has been good enough without Chase with upside. Robinson is the kind of guy who could go 8-20 and even a TD barely makes it an average day.

Bench Robinson IMO

Deon Jackson is very interesting, as is Josh Palmer. Both could turn in big days and I would start both ahead of B. Robinson but I don't think I could start them over your other options.

I have Jeff Wilson and Nyheim Hines for my RB2, like them both moving forward to get some action but hard to play either of them this week.
Kenyan Drake sits out there on waivers but I have to make a cut, either Hines or Wilson, think it might be Hines but I really am eager to see what he can do with Josh Allen running things, he is a good receiver and IMO the Bills are very open after Diggs as to who is getting the targets. Many would have you believe Gabe Davis but he isn't always available.

Is this a PPR league? That favors Drake & Hines.

I can see that being a tough call. For this week I definitely like Drake over Wilson and Hines but this decision is as much about RoS as it is about this week. I think it is possible that JK Dobbins comes back and, if both he and Gus remain upright (big IF) then Drake is, mostly, an afterthought (even though he's by far their best receiving back). I also think it's possible JK gets shut down, putting Drake in a role of consistent pinch hitter. He could be the Manny Mota of your roster. But that's just idle speculation.

For the guys you have I definitely prefer Jeff Wilson to Hines but I can easily see why some people prefer Hines. Even though Mostert and Wilson are similar size, I think Wilson is clearly a better short area runner and will probably get goal line opportunities that the Miami backs haven't really seen so far this season.

Hines is all about the PPR and maybe making something happen in space. I am just concerned that Allen is too good at distributing the ball to the open guy, after checking off Diggs. It strikes me that Hines will be all over the map for usage and doesn't have a clear path to the lead back role if something happens to Singletary. Also, let's not forget that Singletary has been very good in the passing game this season.

This is a situation where you should go with the guys you want to root for. Personally I lean:

Drake>Wilson>Hines

How about Patterson (assuming he's active) vs. Khalil Herbert (full PPR)?
I have no earthly idea how Patterson will be deployed. My gut says Allgeier & Huntley have earned more PT, which is good because Patterson isn't built for 20+ touches/game.

They are both big play talents and I could see going either way but my gut says Patterson has a better shot at higher % TD opportunities, whereas Khalil will probably have to make a big play to get a TD. So, and this is razor thin:

Patterson>Khalil

It should be noted that Ekeler ended practice with a stomach muscle issue... yesterday I think. It's not in the injury report and they are saying he's fine but might be something?

It should be noted that Ekeler ended practice with a stomach muscle issue... yesterday I think. It's not in the injury report and they are saying he's fine but might be something?

Yep - he missed or exited practice with it Thursday. They’re calling it precautionary, but I agree it could be relevant.

I can see that being a tough call. For this week I definitely like Drake over Wilson and Hines but this decision is as much about RoS as it is about this week. I think it is possible that JK Dobbins comes back and, if both he and Gus remain upright (big IF) then Drake is, mostly, an afterthought (even though he's by far their best receiving back). I also think it's possible JK gets shut down, putting Drake in a role of consistent pinch hitter. He could be the Manny Mota of your roster. But that's just idle speculation.

For the guys you have I definitely prefer Jeff Wilson to Hines but I can easily see why some people prefer Hines. Even though Mostert and Wilson are similar size, I think Wilson is clearly a better short area runner and will probably get goal line opportunities that the Miami backs haven't really seen so far this season.

Hines is all about the PPR and maybe making something happen in space. I am just concerned that Allen is too good at distributing the ball to the open guy, after checking off Diggs. It strikes me that Hines will be all over the map for usage and doesn't have a clear path to the lead back role if something happens to Singletary. Also, let's not forget that Singletary has been very good in the passing game this season.

This is a situation where you should go with the guys you want to root for. Personally I lean:

Drake>Wilson>Hines
PPR but I loved reading your insight here.
Sounds Like I might be over valuing Jeff Wilson, I might need to make that cut for this weekend. Need to part with either Wilson or Hines and turn to something a little more solid this week.
I need something at RB2 until I get CMC and Pollard back from Bye weeks to team with Rhamondre.

Agree with your thoughts

In a two flex PPR league, I need to select two of the following.

Hilariously, I have a plethora of options for Monday night.

Also see additional question on TE.

* K. Drake @NO -- Not a great matchup, but it looks like Gus Edwards isn't practicing Saturday. That leaves Drake and J. Hill. Drake got some good run last week even with Gus active.

* AJ Dillon @DET -- Great matchup. Seeing Dillon a lot of sleeper lists as this finally being "the week." I've heard that before. Many calling for this to be ARod's best passing game too. Note: I'm also starting A. Jones (who better put up RB1 numbers in this matchup). Could see GB up late to give Dillon some touches, but that really hasn't transpired this year. And the GB offense is slooooow paced.

* T. Hill vs BALT -- I start him, I miss his big weeks. I bench him, he goes off. And so it goes. Ingram out still so should get touches. That said, BALT just picked up R. Smith in the middle which could make for a tougher matchup.

* I. Likely @NO -- Andrews not practicing on Saturday so not looking good for him. Likely performed great with Andrews out last week. That said, NOs D seems to erase TEs. On the flip side, somebody has to catch the ball for BALT if Andrews and Bateman both out. Edit: It looks like D. Robinson also didn't practice Saturday. Yikes.

Note: In the TE slot, I currently have K. Pitts vs LAC. Hard not to roll with him in that matchup where ATL should be able to move the ball and may have to keep up with LAC. I could put one of Hill/Likely in the TE slot.

Which 2 for the flex spots?

(And who at TE)?

Thanks

Last edited:

Drake>Wilson>Hines
Sounds Like I might be over valuing Jeff Wilson, I might need to make that cut for this weekend. Need to part with either Wilson or Hines and turn to something a little more solid this week.
I need something at RB2 until I get CMC and Pollard back from Bye weeks to team with Rhamondre.

Agree with your thoughts
I definitely prefer Drake this week. I also prefer Wilson to Hines RoS but that one is very speculative and, ultimately I cannot truly defend that position.

Drake>Wilson>Hines

Agree with your thoughts
I definitely prefer Drake this week. I also prefer Wilson to Hines RoS but that one is very speculative and, ultimately I cannot truly defend that position.
It's very logical because of all the names we kick around.
Wilson has operated at a high level over several weeks with rush totals North of 15 attempts per game, the guy can carry a full load when asked to.

In a two flex PPR league, I need to select two of the following.

Hilariously, I have a plethora of options for Monday night.

Also see additional question on TE.

* K. Drake @NO -- Not a great matchup, but it looks like Gus Edwards isn't practicing Saturday. That leaves Drake and J. Hill. Drake got some good run last week even with Gus active.

* AJ Dillon @DET -- Great matchup. Seeing Dillon a lot of sleeper lists as this finally being "the week." I've heard that before. Many calling for this to be ARod's best passing game too. Note: I'm also starting A. Jones (who better put up RB1 numbers in this matchup). Could see GB up late to give Dillon some touches, but that really hasn't transpired this year. And the GB offense is slooooow paced.

* T. Hill vs BALT -- I start him, I miss his big weeks. I bench him, he goes off. And so it goes. Ingram out still so should get touches. That said, BALT just picked up R. Smith in the middle which could make for a tougher matchup.

* I. Likely @NO -- Andrews not practicing on Saturday so not looking good for him. Likely performed great with Andrews out last week. That said, NOs D seems to erase TEs. On the flip side, somebody has to catch the ball for BALT if Andrews and Bateman both out.

Note: In the TE slot, I currently have K. Pitts vs LAC. Hard not to roll with him in that matchup where ATL should be able to move the ball and may have to keep up with LAC. I could put one of Hill/Likely in the TE slot.

Which 2 for the flex spots?

(And who at TE)?

Thanks
I have been all over Dillon this week BUT I want to make it clear that he is highly speculative even against the Lions.

Given your options, in a full PPR league I kind of like Drake & Likely here. It's tough without a 100% out call for Andrews & Gus but it sure seems to be trending that way, doesn't it.

If you're risk averse definitely roll with Dillon, it really seems that no one has failed to feast against the Lions, although Mostert was only good for 67 cards (one reception).

Otherwise IMO:
Drake>Likely>Dillon>Taysom

ETA: @kyoun1e Andrews & Gus are both doubtful, personally I roll with Drake & Likely

Last edited:
PPR I need to pick a flex. I am already starting Swift at RB but I need to decide between Deon Jackson, Jamaal Williams, and Duvernay at flex. Thanks!

Once again, things I didn’t anticipate asking earlier in the year (in part, because I only recently acquired Brady):

12 team PPR, .3 PPC, all TD 6 pts, Ru1st .1

Tom Brady Vs LAR
Justin Fields vs MIA

Currently have Fields in the lineup

Same League, need a RB2 with Stevenson at RB1 & Barkley on a BYE.
Jamaal Williams Vs GB w/Swift still gimpy
AJ Dillon at DET

Same league - need a flex:
AJ Dillon at DET
Josh Palmer at Falcons
Gabe Davis at Jets

Currently have Dillon - hoping this is finally a game where GB will be able to run 73x.

Also, is benching Gabe Davis to start both Dillon & Palmer crazy talk?

Is it crazy to start Jamaal Williams at RB2?

Just not feeling like maybe the Bills don’t need a ton of Davis to win.
Gabe>Palmer>Dillon
(PPR) Deon Jackson or Mostert or Palmer?
Palmer>Deon>Mostert

Mclaurin , Dj Moore or josh Palmer? Ppr
Still McLaurin>Moore>Palmer (the other two are just more talented)
Gabe Davis @ NYJ
DJ Moore @ CIN
Tyler Boyd vs CAR
Brian Robinson Jr vs MIN

Still bench Robinson, may consider:
Palmer>Boyd

Okay, just updated above because Donald Parham was just put on IR and Ekeler may (MAY) have an abdominal strain. The universe seems to be putting out this opportunity, and now Palmer will promptly get 3 targets for 1-8-0

ETA: @C-Bound , @sho nuff , @Rookiefever just making sure you see that I changed my mind on Palmer a little bit

Last edited:
PPR I need to pick a flex. I am already starting Swift at RB but I need to decide between Deon Jackson, Jamaal Williams, and Duvernay at flex. Thanks!
I am starting the Swift/Jamaal combo with confidence. I think it is worth trying to capture the entirety of the Lions run game, particularly at home. When they both play they put up around 28 ppg in my league (full PPR). At 14 ppg each that makes them both tied for RB#8.

Jamaal>Deon>Duvernay

Flex Spot - Pittman (tough matchup but #1 receiver), Patterson (if active) against LAC bad run D, or Marshall against Bengals D missing their top corners?

TE - Engram or Likely (against a tough Saints D vs TE but not many targets on Ravens..so maybe higher volume assuming Andrews is out).

Flex Spot - Pittman (tough matchup but #1 receiver), Patterson (if active) against LAC bad run D, or Marshall against Bengals D missing their top corners?

TE - Engram or Likely (against a tough Saints D vs TE but not many targets on Ravens..so maybe higher volume assuming Andrews is out).
PPR?

PPR?
Yes (1/2 point PR)- just saw CP will be active...so I have CP and Engram right now. I'm a Colts fan (playing NE D) and have seen too many bad Colts / Pats games.

Full PPR

Courtland Sutton
Rondale Moore
Derek Carr

I would drop Carr for Fields anyway.

PPR?
Yes (1/2 point PR)- just saw CP will be active...so I have CP and Engram right now. I'm a Colts fan (playing NE D) and have seen too many bad Colts / Pats games.
Personally I would start Likely over Engram. Andrews has been DNP every practice this week. You never know which Jags receiver will step up behind Kirk in any given week. It is a great matchup but it is just as likely Zay or Marvin will be the beneficiary.

Likely>Engram

I can absolutely see Patterson and that is probably the direction I would go so I won't talk you out of it. I can see an argument for Pittman though, I think Ehlinger will lock in on him and he may have a decent PPR day, I just don't see the same ceiling as Patterson.

Patterson>Pittman>Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread