What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 IDP Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Dacomish

Footballguy
Who are some of the standouts that could be on the WW this week?

I'm looking at C.Dunlap who is available in my league, could be a sneaky solid bye play as the season wears on.

And if your looking for some quick notes on week 1, Norton posted a down and dirty in the week 2 landing page under IDP on his initial thoughts of the games.....GREAT READ!

Its called: The Guru's Note Pad IDP Info, Notes from Week 1

I am a bit worried about Jesse Bates. I know he had contract/hold out issues but he was supposed to be good to go. His output was a bit on the short side and I watched a fair bit of the game and never really saw him around the ball like in years past. Is this a one game glitch or is this a sign of things to come?

On the other hand Brandon Jones was flying all over the place. Get him where you can.

Pete Werner was also all over the place. I think he got credited with 12 solos and that was against Atlanta. Is this a sign of things to come or just a fluke?

And if your looking for some quick notes on week 1, Norton posted a down and dirty in the week 2 landing page under IDP on his initial thoughts of the games.....GREAT READ!

I saw that. This is new. I'll give credit where it's due. This is the one thing I've seen so far that falls into the category of new content.

This is an awesome add. It gives you some great info that can actually be actionable prior to waiver runs as EOTG usually comes out too late for that. Great addition @Joe Bryant

This is an awesome add. It gives you some great info that can actually be actionable prior to waiver runs as EOTG usually comes out too late for that. Great addition @Joe Bryant

Thank you @Gally I love it too. We were serious about doing what we could to expand the coverage this year for our ELITE plan with IDP, Salary Cap, Dynasty and Best Ball. Stuff like this from someone as great as John is a big part of that. Thanks.

What do we think about Jonathan Owens week 1? 11 tackles as a FS. Is this a sign of things to come or was this something that was actionable?

Same goes for Marcus Williams and his 10 tackles.

I didn't really get a chance to see either of these games so not sure if the stats are repeatable. Thoughts?

What do we think about Jonathan Owens week 1? 11 tackles as a FS. Is this a sign of things to come or was this something that was actionable?

Same goes for Marcus Williams and his 10 tackles.

I didn't really get a chance to see either of these games so not sure if the stats are repeatable. Thoughts?
Hard to predict a safety for the Ravens will get a ton of solos every week. Then again, they will likely not see 50+ passes from the opposing QB, either.

That said, I think Williams could be a nice short-term add that could pan out.

Owens seems fluky to me, but who knows. He was in for every defensive snap and there will be tackles to be had in the Texan secondary.

Another name to watch, perhaps just in deeper formats, is Camryn Bynum. At least until Lewis Cine is up to speed, I guess.

Bynum was on the field all day and had 4 solos and 3 helpers yesterday.

There are 3 more articles in the Week 2 landing page to help with IDP Waivers tonight for anyone needing them:

IDP Upgrades: Week 2 - Rudnicki

IDP Waiver Wire Week 2 - Bellefeuil

Analyzing IDP Trends From Week 1 - Ronda

Is I. Simmons rosterable? He looked lost and out of control playing whatever position(s) he played.
Depends on who you are dropping him for. He has the abilities and has produced before. One game against the best TE in the game might not be the best yard stick to measure him by.

well, one of since my SFlex QBs is out 6-8 weeks, was looking to move him for some junk QB who at least plays, Brissett or someone like that. If Simmons holds some cache, maybe I can pull it off.

Thank you @Gally I love it too. We were serious about doing what we could to expand the coverage this year for our ELITE plan with IDP, Salary Cap, Dynasty and Best Ball. Stuff like this from someone as great as John is a big part of that. Thanks.
It is extremely disappointing to have to pay an additional $30 beyond the normal membership price to get any IDP or dynasty content. I've been with you guys since Mr. Football and Cheatsheets but just can't justify paying that much money when my one IDP dynasty league that I've done since 2004 happens to be a free league. I could see having some extra premium content for the different categories of fantasy at a higher price but to take entire genres of fantasy football and bump them up to the extra price with absolutely zero content available for the entry level membership is a low blow.

My waiver wire article list for this season, in rough order in which they come out (first link is the green dot / every down LB article, not really waivers)... subscription articles are bold - FBG and DLF.

That last link is a good snap count filter.

Mike Woellert
Matt De Lima
Nate Marcum
Kraig Reuth
Jeff Pomazal
Aaron Rudnicki - FBG
Kyle Bellefeuil - FBG
Jason King
Raju Byfield
Jon Macri
Gary Davenport (also a FBG, just not this article)
Even Ronda - FBG
Matt Montgomery - FBG
Darin Tietgen - FBG
Jeremy Baumer
Bob Van Duser
Chris Gregory
Ignacio Gilbert

Last edited:
So here are the LBs with at least 85% of their team's snaps. Seems like getting as many of these guys (plus Leonard and Jewell, maybe Deion Jones) as possible is the main goal at LB this week - maybe chop off the 3-4 OLBs for balanced/tackle-heavy leagues (Chandler Jones, Nwosu, Floyd, Preston Smith), maybe chop off Zaire Franklin if you don't want a short-term guy:

Code:
Bobby Wagner     100
Mykal Walker     100
Demario Davis     100
C.J. Mosley     100
Patrick Queen     100
Logan Wilson     100
Jerome Baker     100
Cole Holcomb     100
Foyesade Oluokun     100
Roquan Smith     100
Nicholas Morrow     100
Dre Greenlaw     100
Fred Warner     100
Christian Kirksey     100
Kamu Grugier-Hill     100
Bobby Okereke     100
Zaire Franklin     100
T.J. Edwards     100
Eric Kendricks     100
De'Vondre Campbell     100
David Long Jr.     100
Tae Crowder     100
Micah Parsons     100
Devin White     100
Lavonte David     100
Jordyn Brooks     100
Matt Milano     99
Tremaine Edmunds     99
Rashaan Evans     98
Jordan Hicks     97
Zaven Collins     96
Alex Singleton     96
Cody Barton     94
Jamin Davis     93
Alex Anzalone     92
Quincy Williams     91
Devin Lloyd     90
Chandler Jones     90
Uchenna Nwosu     89
Myles Jack     87
Isaiah Simmons     87
Leonard Floyd     86
Frankie Luvu     85
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah     85
Preston Smith     85
Leighton Vander Esch     85
ETA: Deablo was in the DB list at FantasyPros but had 94%.

Last edited:
Ugh. Decisions, decisions. Needs are about equal. Deciding between Hufanga and Barton. Both look great, but leaning towards Hufanga. Dude looks legit.

For what its worth Barton moved into the role that B.Wagner Vacated and in his last 3 games starting there (counting last 2 games last year in place of Wagner) he has done this:

2021 Wk 17 Vs Lions - 5 Tackles, 1 TFL, 2 Assist, 1 PD
2021 Wk 18 Vs Cardinals - 7 tackles, 4 Assists
2022 Wk 1 Vs Broncos - 8 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 Assists, 1 Sack

Seattle believes in him and he should at least get volume next to Brooks...

Pete Werner was also all over the place. I think he got credited with 12 solos and that was against Atlanta. Is this a sign of things to come or just a fluke?
Idk, I had him all off-season but he wasn't practicing for awhile, so I cut bait. Gonna have to pay to get him back.

Texans safeties throw me as a fan of the team. I roster Pitre because of the draft capital and continued word out of camp praising him. I would be surprised if Owens keeps it up but could be wrong.

I’m also annoyed the Seahawks took so long to IR Adam’s as I missed out on many FAs awaiting his spot. Now I’m stuck deciding between long shots like his replacement Josh Jones, Jeff Okudah, Camryn Bynum, or taking a flier on Malik Reed while Watt is out.

Texans safeties throw me as a fan of the team. I roster Pitre because of the draft capital and continued word out of camp praising him. I would be surprised if Owens keeps it up but could be wrong.

I’m also annoyed the Seahawks took so long to IR Adam’s as I missed out on many FAs awaiting his spot. Now I’m stuck deciding between long shots like his replacement Josh Jones, Jeff Okudah, Camryn Bynum, or taking a flier on Malik Reed while Watt is out.
When Jones was a SS in Jacksonville, he scored pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread