What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week #1 - Upset of the Week*** (1 Viewer)

Rush

Footballguy
I haven't seen tomur2 around for a while. The last 2 or 3 years he has had this little contest where we pick one upset each week. We will track records and runs of correct picks and give props where prop are due. I hope tomur2 will show up and continue this. I just didn't want to see it dropped this year.Most of you know the drill. You pick 1 (ONLY ONE) upset for each week. Simple enough! *** For week one, I will take picks up to Sunday game time as long as you don't pick the Raida's after Thursday's kickoff.Here is the schedule with the first team being the favorite and the HOME team in cap's.

Code:
NEW ENGLAND over Oakland  Denver over  MIAMI      Cincinnati over CLEVELAND  BUFFALO over  Houston      PITTSBURGH over  Tennessee      WASHINGTON over Chicago      CAROLINA over New Orleans MINNESOTA over Tampa Bay      JACKSONVILLE over Seattle      KANSAS CITY over N.Y. Jets N.Y. GIANTS over  Arizona      St. Louis over  SAN FRANCISCO      DETROIT over Green Bay  SAN DIEGO over Dallas      Indianapolis over BALTIMORE      Philadelphia over  ATLANTA  

Last edited by a moderator:
I will start this off with da Bears. Too many points given to an anemic offense in a low scoring game.

Not to nitpick but I hardly call a short road dog winning s/u an "upset"Anyway TEN for me please.

I might as well lose all credibility right away...

I pick Tennessee to upset the Steelers :bag:
No cred lost here. This is for upsets, and I don't think thats a bad choice imo :thumbup:

I might as well lose all credibility right away...

I pick Tennessee to upset the Steelers :bag:
I'm thinking the same thing. I think that means you get your credibility back since someone else agrees with you. :)

Tampa (+6), Chicago (+6), Seattle(+3), Houston(+5), NYJ (+3) are all good picks especially ATS.My vote goes to NYJ.My unofficial super duper sleeper pick is Miami over Denver. ;)I actually think Green Bay over Detroit is a sucker's pick.

Fun thought - it'd be cool if scoring were based on how many points the underdog is. Picking a 7 1/2 point dog to win is more impressive than picking a 1 1/2 dog, don't ya think? :) -QG

Tampa (+6), Chicago (+6), Seattle(+3), Houston(+5), NYJ (+3) are all good picks especially ATS.My vote goes to NYJ.My unofficial super duper sleeper pick is Miami over Denver. wink1.gifI actually think Green Bay over Detroit is a sucker's pick.
Like your picks. Minnesota is 33-54 ATS as a 3.5-9.5 spread favorite since 1992 and TB is 9-2 ATS vs. good passing teams. However, I'm bucking the trends on opening weekend simply because TB last year was 1-7 ATS on the road. I'm not laying money on it, but I'll take the Vikings, although I'm not confident about it.LOCK OF THE WEEK: Phi -1 over ATL. Philly is 8-2 SU on MNF under Andy Reid. The last 6 years they are 36-16 ATS on the road, 56-24-3 ATS vs conference opponents and 3-0 ATS vs. ATL under Reid.

I smell a rat, but I'll take the GB Packers anyway. After this weekend they'll probably be the GDB Packers. :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread