What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 waiver targets (1 Viewer)

3 hour lunch

Footballguy
Puka Nucua? Atwell?
Allegier going to stay involved?
7 targets for H Hurst
Shaheed or Nico Collins if avail?
Gus Edwards or Justice Hill?
J Meyers
K Bourne
J Kelley seemed to get a lot of run in a close game?

Roschon if he wasn't drafted

Sean Tucker
Josh Reynolds
Luke Musgrave

jake Moody was dropped by a lot of teams

presumably Jayden Reed is rostered

Has to be Hill IMO. FAAB bids are probably going to be off the charts for him.

I'm not so sure Hill is the add. Gus has shown that he can handle the load of lead back where Hill has not over his short career. Neither may be more than a flex play each week with LJ to vulture his share of TD's as well. This may be a true committee situation.

I'm not so sure Hill is the add. Gus has shown that he can handle the load of lead back where Hill has not over his short career. Neither may be more than a flex play each week with LJ to vulture his share of TD's as well. This may be a true committee situation.
Could be, although I think Hill fits the Monken offense better. Gus is certainly more dependable so maybe it will be more of a committee. In PPR leagues I’d certainly lean Hill.

In any event, I’m going to let my league mates battle it out in FAAB.

Depending on league size and structure I would guess a few owners might want to improve their QB depth. Love, Howell or Purdy etc. There were some bad games that might make owners nervous enough to add a qb.
Howell? Purdy? Love? If available?

If Kareem Hunt is available might think about him. Fournette?

Edwards has little passing game value. Fournette has little running game value.

Hunt may be best overall.

I would think Baltimore is going to be looking for outside help
Hunt makes sense, Gus may have been a better fit in the old system.

I thought Ravens were going to pass more?? what happened? sheesh.
Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave, Browns defense, J. Love, roshon johnson, chubba hubbard is here to stay.
Saints WR corps is going to drive you mad every week I'd stay out of that mess entirely.
K. Gainwell
Jimmy G till he falls apart

Melvin Gordon coming off the practice squad muddies the whole picture

Subtopic - points I don't want to chase
  • Tutu Atwell - YMMV but I don't think he'll ever be a thing bc of his size
  • Kendrick Bourne - we've seen this movie before, correct?
  • Allen Robinson (8 targets) and Robert Woods (10 targets)
  • Hunter Henry and Hayden Hurst (I wouldn't judge anyone who did bc TE landscape sux but not the TE profile I want)
anyone else?

• Hunter Henry and Hayden Hurst (I wouldn't judge anyone who did bc TE landscape sux but not the TE profile I want)
anyone else?
Jakobi Meyers should be rostered but Adams is still the man. Not going after him aggressively.

anyone else?
I think I agree on all these. Henry and Hurst we've seen this before. Nothing new from them as they'll have a handful of big games a year and now we just missed one of them for each.

Only one I disagree with slightly is Bourne as he had a hot streak last year too.

Jakobi Meyers should be rostered

He really already should be. That's not a league flex, that's just a sign of disrespect for a guy that had a decent fantasy year last year. He's a solid WR3 that just got paid and could become a WR2 if he becomes Jimmy G's security blanket.

You know, I shouldn't say Bourne had a great year that year, but it was certainly a breakout year and he worked his way up the depth chart. Then Patricia came along, put him in the doghouse, and never relented. We all know what a buffoon Matty Patty is, so we can discount both attitude and performance considerations.

Bourne's not that great. But he should be rostered as a potential #1 on that team, because nobody else on that club really matches his athleticism or what he can do.

Wow that was 2 years ago?

Yeah, that's what I've been saying though. Patricia tried to break this guy. Patricia, by almost all player accounts in Detroit, is a bum. Just a flat-out bum. Late for his own meetings and stuff. I really dislike Belichick cronies, so maybe that has something to do with my attitude about it, but everybody in Detroit wondered what was up, now play lights out for Campbell, and have generally turned it around. So Patricia being incompetent and a jerk holds water with me.

I hate watching careers ruined because a player (and their careers are so brief) runs afoul of an incompetent jerkface.

Off the soapbox now.

You know, I shouldn't say Bourne had a great year that year, but it was certainly a breakout year and he worked his way up the depth chart. Then Patricia came along, put him in the doghouse, and never relented. We all know what a buffoon Matty Patty is, so we can discount both attitude and performance considerations.

Bourne's not that great. But he should be rostered as a potential #1 on that team, because nobody else on that club really matches his athleticism or what he can do.
Yeah I wouldn't spend alot on him but I think he should be rostered

Zach Ertz could continue to be useful in this ongoing TE wasteland. Have to think McBride will get more run as the season progresses, but Doubs seems to check down a lot and seems like a lot of negative game scripts ahead.

Collins, Woods and Brown are JAGs

Collins is a 6'4", 4.50 guy. He's no JAG. We'll see if he's improved his route running and separation skills, but that guy is an athlete with a capital "A" even for the NFL.

always a hand catcher too, good at contested catches

my only thing with Bourne (besides the fact Y7 breakouts are rare) is target share and consistency

at his peak he's been a 13% market share guy which is squarely in 12-teamer WR5 range

he once finished WR34 bc his efficiency was atypical to the rest of his career

in his good year (2021) he put up:
  • WR1 3
  • WR2 2
  • WR3 0
  • WR4 2
  • subpar 10
I suppose he should be rostered, maybe you can guess which week he's startable

I prefer to look at guys with more upside

edit - typo

Last edited:

Collins is a 6'4", 4.50 guy. He's no JAG. We'll see if he's improved his route running and separation skills, but that guy is an athlete with a capital "A" even for the NFL.

Lacks elite separation skills and is not a true #1. We all have our own opinion but that is mine!

some guys earn targets from separation, some guys earn their QBs trust bc they win 50/50 balls

wait that was my 17th rounder

:lol:

only 12% owned

only 2-48 on 5 targets in his debut (with Watson out and Doubs allegedly gimpy)

they also ran him on a reverse and if you're in return yardage leagues he had another 54 on 3 PR

probably goes to the slot when Watson is healthy but not a terrible first game - had a great TC/PS

my only thing with Bourner (besides the fact Y7 breakouts are rare

You're being kind. They're pretty much non-existent.

Perhaps I should pump the brakes on Bourne. His athleticism isn't that great. I just remember that being his calling card. He's not actually that crazy athletic. In fact, he's about average.

Glad I was in this thread. I know what to expect from him from now on. He's gravy on the potatoes, but you need the potatoes.

Lacks elite separation skills and is not a true #1. We all have our own opinion but that is mine!

some guys earn targets from separation, some guys earn their QBs trust bc they win 50/50 balls
Sure he is a serviceable WR but not a WR1 or WR2 in the NFL. At best, he is a fringe WR2/WR3. All i am saying is that he is not their answer at WR and the team needs to be more creative with their other playmakers who can make things happen.

Tank Dell - Collins, Woods and Brown are JAGs. Just a matter of time until they unleash Dell
Local media in Houston think this as well. They think that he might be the thing that latter in the season can really help CJ.

I desperately want to see Deuce Vaughn & Tank Dell + all the other size/frame outliers from the 2023 draft succeed

Tank Dell’s college tape is insane; but he was 149th in contested catches last year and at his size that’ll always be a problem. At 4.49 he’s adequate but not gonna blow by NFL corners.

But man is he a human joystick. Like watching a video game WR.

Sure he is a serviceable WR but not a WR1 or WR2 in the NFL. At best, he is a fringe WR2/WR3. All i am saying is that he is not their answer at WR and the team needs to be more creative with their other playmakers who can make things happen.
Kendrick Bourne reminds me a bit of the late great David Patten. In his career Patten had a few respectable seasons with the Patriots that put him in fantasy WR4/5 range, with a few blowup games here and there. He was a solid WR2 for the Pats and a playmaker (including his TD pass/rush/catch game against the Colts in 2001). He’s a quality NFL WR, but he’s no one’s ideal WR1. Of course I felt the same about Jakobi Meyers, and still do, so take it for what it’s worth. Also don’t forget DeVante Parker was out and he’s going to have his big games too just like last year. I’m just saying I’d caution against chasing the points with Bourne. Historically he’s yet to follow up a high-volume performance with another one the following week.

Kendrick Bourne reminds me a bit of the late great David Patten. In his career Patten had a few respectable seasons with the Patriots that put him in fantasy WR4/5 range, with a few blowup games here and there. He was a solid WR2 for the Pats and a playmaker (including his TD pass/rush/catch game against the Colts in 2001). He’s a quality NFL WR, but he’s no one’s ideal WR1. Of course I felt the same about Jakobi Meyers, and still do, so take it for what it’s worth. Also don’t forget DeVante Parker was out and he’s going to have his big games too just like last year. I’m just saying I’d caution against chasing the points with Bourne. Historically he’s yet to follow up a high-volume performance with another one the following week.

Probably should have quoted a different portion of the thread. Heh. But your point about Bourne is taken. I think I spoke and acted too soon and actually might have messed up an eval a bit. It happens.

Bourne definitely looked to create the most separation of the Pats' WRs and if the Pats offense is more aggressive downfield under Obrien there could be something there....Maybe not WR1 or WR2, but certainly WR3 pr WR4 as a ceiling might be a reasonable expectation.

Meyers should have been rostered already. He won't score two tds every week and will probably be out with a concussion week two, but with Adams drawing bracket coverage and Jimmy G liking short routes he's got a shot at a 100 catch season.

Allgeier should also be rostered already. Not just because the Bijan owner should have protected their investment, but because you should have known that atl was going to run the ball 30+ times a game and Bijan will be getting a handful of his touches as a wr. Allgeier also won't score two tds a week, but he's a good bye week flex as there is.

wait that was my 17th rounder

:lol:

only 12% owned

only 2-48 on 5 targets in his debut (with Watson out and Doubs allegedly gimpy)

they also ran him on a reverse and if you're in return yardage leagues he had another 54 on 3 PR

probably goes to the slot when Watson is healthy but not a terrible first game - had a great TC/PS

Reed looked decent (also went down late...but later came back on the onsides kick...I think they said cramps after he stayed down a second after a deep ball attempt).
Love looked to him a couple times on 3rd downs and just delivered poor balls...Reed looked like he had separation on both...ball just got there late.

Users who are viewing this thread