What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 - Buy Low/ Sell High (1 Viewer)

Standard league where I have to open a roster spot I offered DT and Jordan Matthew for Brandon Marshall. He is leaning towards doing it.

Considering making a move for Ware as well.  I could offer McCoy/ Gilleslie for Ware/West.  KC has already had their bye which makes it more attractive.

Standard league where I have to open a roster spot I offered DT and Jordan Matthew for Brandon Marshall. He is leaning towards doing it.
Don't think I would trade DT for Marshall straight up.

Schedule & qb favors Denver ROS...

Unless you like Bryce Petty throwing to your WR 1 or 2 in the fantasy playoffs 

Considering making a move for Ware as well.  I could offer McCoy/ Gilleslie for Ware/West.  KC has already had their bye which makes it more attractive.
I did this in my league. I liked that Ware has had his bye and he is keeper eligible in my league. McCoy is not

I did this in my league. I liked that Ware has had his bye and he is keeper eligible in my league. McCoy is not

Charles underwent surgery on his knee Wednesday that was termed “exploratory” to try and find the source of his pain. NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport says the surgery went so well there is a chance of Charles returning this season

:shrug: not likely I'd think but perhaps a big risk.

My worry is that when healthy McCoy is great and had a good schedule after this week.  He also has nobody like West that cuts into carries.

If you can, try to get DGB now. His snap counts are increasing and targets as well. Nelson Agholor is falling out of favour here in Philly and DGB is a huge red zone target.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking Rashad Jennings is a decent buy-cheap.  Unlikely to be a top 10, but should be a decent rb2/flex.

No need to worry about Charles, he was placed on IR so he's missing at least 8 weeks.  Sure he might be back this year but not until week 17 or NFL playoffs.

This week I'm trying to sell Ingram off that big game,  even if it's for .50 cents on the dollar.
I posted this in the Ingram thread too, but who exactly is Ingram worth trading for? There's a group that are hands down better than he is: Elliott, Johnson, Bell, Gordon, Ajayi, and DMurray. Then you have guys like Freeman, Forte, McCoy, Miller, and Ware that are above him, but have injury issues or in the case of Freeman, Coleman issues. Then you have Ingram is in that 3rd tier, IMO. You'd have to pair Ingram with someone to get those guys above him and it doesn't make sense to downgrade to a lesser RB. I keep seeing Gurley mentioned, but are we sure Gurley is any better?

I posted this in the Ingram thread too, but who exactly is Ingram worth trading for? There's a group that are hands down better than he is: Elliott, Johnson, Bell, Gordon, Ajayi, and DMurray. Then you have guys like Freeman, Forte, McCoy, Miller, and Ware that are above him, but have injury issues or in the case of Freeman, Coleman issues. Then you have Ingram is in that 3rd tier, IMO. You'd have to pair Ingram with someone to get those guys above him and it doesn't make sense to downgrade to a lesser RB. I keep seeing Gurley mentioned, but are we sure Gurley is any better?
I'd rather have Gurley but I doubt I'd be able to get him.  I'd probably target a WR. Not sure who yet.  I base a lot of offerings on who I like that's lower on the top 200 forward.

Id rather have Gurley, Howard, Blount, Gore, Michael, & Hyde than Ingram too.

I'd rather have Gurley but I doubt I'd be able to get him.  I'd probably target a WR. Not sure who yet.  I base a lot of offerings on who I like that's lower on the top 200 forward.
At this point, who do we rwally think Gurlety is better than.  Is he a top 15 back going forward?  I haven't watched enough of their games, but somebody tell me why he's not Trent Richardson.

If he is "the best talent to come out of college since AP", I can't imagine that he is unable to transcend the line and Keenum to be slightly below average, instead of  perhaps the least effective high volume back in the league.

Id rather have Gurley, Howard, Blount, Gore, Michael, & Hyde than Ingram too.
Really?

Gurley I can understand. Hyde I can be persuaded depending on his injury. But the others? I don't get. Howard has Langford and Carey to contend with. He had just had 2 straight weeks of under 35yds rushing before going off against the Vikings. I like Howard, don't get me wrong, but is he really better than Ingram going forward? The Pats are set to get Lewis back, so who knows what Blount's workload is like going forward. And Michael is in a similar spot with Prosise getting more work and Rawls set to come back.

Really?

Gurley I can understand. Hyde I can be persuaded depending on his injury. But the others? I don't get. Howard has Langford and Carey to contend with. He had just had 2 straight weeks of under 35yds rushing before going off against the Vikings. I like Howard, don't get me wrong, but is he really better than Ingram going forward? The Pats are set to get Lewis back, so who knows what Blount's workload is like going forward. And Michael is in a similar spot with Prosise getting more work and Rawls set to come back.
I wouldnt get caught up in the hype of this game. It was vs SF & Hightower STILL got more touches. For whatever reason, Peyton does not like Ingram and I dont think that will change. I think hes going to be frustrating to own for sure.

I wouldnt get caught up in the hype of this game. It was vs SF & Hightower STILL got more touches. For whatever reason, Peyton does not like Ingram and I dont think that will change. I think hes going to be frustrating to own for sure.
Oh I'm not saying Ingram is now an RB1 or anything like that. Just pointing out that trying to sell him won't be easy because there aren't a bunch of better options for guys you could get in return. I'd much rather have Ingram over Michael, Blount, and Howard. Probably over Hyde too. Outside of the elite tier of RBs, they all seem to have their issues this year.

Oh I'm not saying Ingram is now an RB1 or anything like that. Just pointing out that trying to sell him won't be easy because there aren't a bunch of better options for guys you could get in return. I'd much rather have Ingram over Michael, Blount, and Howard. Probably over Hyde too. Outside of the elite tier of RBs, they all seem to have their issues this year.
Oh sorry. Yeah nobody is gonna buy Ingram after that one game so I'm agreeing with you. I was just pointing out guys I'd rather have than him at this time.

If you can, try to get DGB now. His snap counts are increasing and targets as well. Nelson Agholor is falling out of favour here in Philly and DGB is a huge red zone target.  
As an Eagles fan I'll just add: IGNORE THIS ADVICE

Jordan Matthews is the only Eagles WR worth owning. In any format.

At this point, who do we rwally think Gurlety is better than.  Is he a top 15 back going forward?  I haven't watched enough of their games, but somebody tell me why he's not Trent Richardson.

If he is "the best talent to come out of college since AP", I can't imagine that he is unable to transcend the line and Keenum to be slightly below average, instead of  perhaps the least effective high volume back in the league.
Gurley is incredibly talented. His team, on the other hand, is terrible. The O-line is terrible, and they have no passing game to speak of. So yeah, for fantasy he's terrible but he's still a great real-life RB. I don't remember the exact stat but it basically said that he is breaking a lot of tackles, he's just also getting hit behind the line of scrimmage more than anyone in the NFL.

Again he's definitely crappy for fantasy, but the talent is there for sure.

This was true until yesterday... I think Treggs is someone to keep an eye on.

But DGB is horrible. 
I'm hopeful about Treggs in real-life but I just don't think this offense can sustain another consistent fantasy WR. (and Matthews is barely that)

Hopefully I'm wrong though!

I'm hopeful about Treggs in real-life but I just don't think this offense can sustain another consistent fantasy WR. (and Matthews is barely that)

Hopefully I'm wrong though!
I think Wentz has the arm to utilize a guy like Treggs, but you're probably right ultimately. 

Gurley is incredibly talented. His team, on the other hand, is terrible. The O-line is terrible, and they have no passing game to speak of. So yeah, for fantasy he's terrible but he's still a great real-life RB. I don't remember the exact stat but it basically said that he is breaking a lot of tackles, he's just also getting hit behind the line of scrimmage more than anyone in the NFL.

Again he's definitely crappy for fantasy, but the talent is there for sure.
I have been thinking about Gurley and his week 16 matchup against SF.  I have the luxury that I locked up a playoff spot this week.  I am focusing on weeks 15-16.  Do you think Gurley can overcome his bad team against an awful defense?  Or will he even still be playing that point in the season?

I just dropped Jennings for Ivory.  Just can't hold onto him anymore.  I realize he was hurt for a few games but that backfield is crowded and unproductive.  He has a decent schedule left but I'm to the point where I have no faith in starting him.  Watch him go off this week.  

Thoughts on trying to sell Hilton and what to expect for him?
Shopping him around right now as I'm in a must-win-out situation. Owner has great RB depth with Freeman, Forte, Howard, Ingram, and I'm targetting one of them, hopefully in a RB/WR for RB/WR deal. We'll see. 

I own Dez and have someone trying to trade for him.  I am conflicted on his value.  Last week lots of targets and had good numbers, this week not good at all.  My receivers are killing me (Maclin, DJax).  Is Dez a sell right now?

I own Dez and have someone trying to trade for him.  I am conflicted on his value.  Last week lots of targets and had good numbers, this week not good at all.  My receivers are killing me (Maclin, DJax).  Is Dez a sell right now?
Depends on what the offer is.  Would be hard to trade Dez when you are weak at wr.  

I've been trying to deal ARob and was offered Jordan Reed.  Right now Fleener is my TE and I don't care for him.  I think it's a pretty good trade.

I think I would do that. What do your WRs look like?
WRs are A Rob, Brandin Cooks, Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin.  RBs are Elliott, Bernard, Char West, Duke Johnson, J Rodgers,  Yeldon and Bibbs.   Have to start 2 RBs, 3 WRs and 1 Flex.

WRs are A Rob, Brandin Cooks, Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin.  RBs are Elliott, Bernard, Char West, Duke Johnson, J Rodgers,  Yeldon and Bibbs.   Have to start 2 RBs, 3 WRs and 1 Flex.
I know Robinson has been disappointing, but that seems like it will leave you pretty thin at WR. Williams and Benjamin are both banged up. Crowder is at best the #3 option in that offense. Cooks is solid, but definitely streaky with Thomas starting to come on more. I don't think I would feel comfortable with that group every week.

I know Robinson has been disappointing, but that seems like it will leave you pretty thin at WR. Williams and Benjamin are both banged up. Crowder is at best the #3 option in that offense. Cooks is solid, but definitely streaky with Thomas starting to come on more. I don't think I would feel comfortable with that group every week.
Crowder is my second highest scoring WR and the most consistent of all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread