What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 Waiver Wire Defense (1 Viewer)

lowman2

Footballguy
Looking like a very rough week for WW Def. Who you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Giants ? They are at home to the Raiders and have posted two good D performances in last two weeks. They'll also be coming off of a bye

Picked up Indy preemptively for their tilt against the Rams, but that suddenly doesn't look so good given Indy's inability to contain Keenum and St. Louis suddenly playing competitive on O.

Perhaps wither the Vikings or Redskins? That game could be awful for both teams in a short week.

Houston at Arizona? do we trust them, they looked decent at times tonight and could rack up the sacks

hines said:
Houston at Arizona? do we trust them, they looked decent at times tonight and could rack up the sacks
You can book at least several Palmer bad decisions leading to two picks.

Hou looks good to me. Need someone to replace cinci def and hou gets arz and jax twice in the coming weeks

Washington @ Minn on Thurs? Ponder starting.
I think this is who I'm rolling with in my 14 team league where I have KC. Haven't had to check who's available until now and there isn't much at all. Washington or Giants are my only decent options.

Picked up Arizona the other day, but now that Houston matchup isn't looking so good. Maybe flip it around and count on some Palmer INTs? Houston has four good matchups in the next five weeks, but they haven't broken 10 pts all year.

One shark move could be to pair Hou/Cle to get the Browns home vs Jax in Week 13 matchup. But then you'd still need other options for the playoffs.

Oakland just got torched but they had produced double digit fantasy points in all but 1 week prior to this. Giants give up the most fantasy pts to opposing defenses. Seems like a good pickup.

Trying to decide if I want to pick up a D on the WW or still roll with CAR. They've been good to me lately, but feel like SF coming off a bye could put up some points.

I picked up Arizona and Miami last week and need to go to the waiver wire in another league. It's between Pittsburgh or NY Giants, Giants being my priority add :bag:

What about the Bills D vs. the Steelers? Big Ben is good for a few sacks and a pick or two.
I'll be rolling with them in a 14-team league with slim pickings on the WW, but I'm feeling ok about it. I'm primarily hoping that they can pressure Ben, accumulate some sacks, and get him to throw a couple INTs like he has over the past several weeks...Brown/Sanders/Cotchery are all viable weapons against that bad pass D though, so they'll give up some points along the way...

I'm probably sticking with CAR. Even if it turns out to be a poor week, they've been great for me since week 5, so I can withstand the bumps in the road.

IND, HOU & TEN all look pretty decent, but might not be in FA pools. You might check to see if someone had to drop SF or DET (especially if the McCown-led Bears look bad tonight). Otherwise, MIA & CIN will be tempting, and either side of BUF-PIT could bring good things.

What about the Bills D vs. the Steelers? Big Ben is good for a few sacks and a pick or two.
I'll be rolling with them in a 14-team league with slim pickings on the WW, but I'm feeling ok about it. I'm primarily hoping that they can pressure Ben, accumulate some sacks, and get him to throw a couple INTs like he has over the past several weeks...Brown/Sanders/Cotchery are all viable weapons against that bad pass D though, so they'll give up some points along the way...
IMO, with all of their starters finally back from injury, the Bills aren't a bad pass defense. I think they are a solid play against the Steelers.

IMO, with all of their starters finally back from injury, the Bills aren't a bad pass defense. I think they are a solid play against the Steelers.
The Bills' remaining schedule is pretty favorable it appears too.

Picked up Arizona the other day, but now that Houston matchup isn't looking so good. Maybe flip it around and count on some Palmer INTs? Houston has four good matchups in the next five weeks, but they haven't broken 10 pts all year.

One shark move could be to pair Hou/Cle to get the Browns home vs Jax in Week 13 matchup. But then you'd still need other options for the playoffs.
Did the same thing with ARI. Might still stick with it, but Keenum looked pretty accurate last night.

Slim pickins on my wire this week.

Arizona, and keep for week 11 against JAX as a bonus.
That is what my plan is. I have KC in one league and Cincy in another and I am thinking Arizona in both. No idea on Foster, but I think he is most likely going to be out or ineffective and Arizona has been decent against the pass and pretty solid in their last couple home games. Even against Carolina who has been rolling lately, Arizona played very well at home.

Oakland just got torched but they had produced double digit fantasy points in all but 1 week prior to this. Giants give up the most fantasy pts to opposing defenses. Seems like a good pickup.
this one kind of makes sense to me. favorable matchup, (relatively) good point history, and the def has something to prove after that eagles game...

however NYG are coming off bye and looks like with Andre Brown who i can definitely see being very productive on his first game back.

What about the Bucs vs that mess of a team in Miami for MNF?
The Bucs are more of a mess than the Fins (I think) and Lamar Miller is coming on as of late. Not sure I like this one.
organizationally, maybe the bucs are the bigger dumpster fire, but that Miami O-line is going to be majority backups by then, right? Doesn't sound like a recipe for success for Miami

I'm sticking with Carolina. Bad matchup, but there isn't much available. I can't see cutting a position player for the Giants, Eagles, or Raiders Defense.

Users who are viewing this thread