What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

3-8-SD 17 (9:18) D.Brees pass to A.Gates to SD 38 for 21 yards (A.Crowell, L.Milloy).SD-A.Gates was injured during the play.

Gates limped off the field under his own power, but then was carted off the field (sideline) into the locker room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander hobbled to the sideline. Holding his hammy.Morris in.Alexander back in. He's fine.

I doubt that Tatum Bell sees any more action in this game.. WIth the shoulder injury and a game on Thursday, it seems that they would be wise to keep Bell sidelined.oh by the wayI hate my life

Righetti, please never change your avatar.Did Bell hurt the same shoulder that he injured last year? (It was his shoulder last year, wasn't it?)

gates spoke to sideline reporter.. hes out for the rest of the game.. but he is okay.working on ankle and toes..

San Francisco 49ers at 09:47 1-10-SF19 (9:47) M.Hicks right tackle to SF 20 for 1 yard (D.Lewis).SF-K.Barlow was injured during the play. He is Out.

San Francisco 49ers at 09:47

1-10-SF19 (9:47) M.Hicks right tackle to SF 20 for 1 yard (D.Lewis).SF-K.Barlow was injured during the play. He is Out.
How in heck was Barlow injured on a run by Hicks? Was he banging his head on the bench because another backup was doing more with the carries than he does?

gates spoke to sideline reporter.. hes out for the rest of the game.. but he is okay.

working on ankle and toes..
I hope he's okay. Being carted off is never good... Let's all pray for him.

when gates spoke with the sideline reporter was it as he was being carted off, or standing and doing an interview after??

when gates spoke with the sideline reporter was it as he was being carted off, or standing and doing an interview after??
Yes, this is an important distinction. Anyone know?

Yes, this is an important distinction. Anyone know?
I had the game on PIP and never saw Gates in camera, so my guess is the reporter spoke to him in the dress room area and then reported the converation.

gates spoke to sideline reporter.. hes out for the rest of the game.. but he is okay.

This sounds a lot like a foot cramp... they can be extremely painful. I hope that's all it is.

I hope he's okay. Being carted off is never good... Let's all pray for him.
:lmao: Why don't you save that praying for something life threatening?!!

It's you you're praying for anyway....

he walked off, and let's just hope they carted him off for precautionary reasons. i cant lose Gates. I Lost Gates & Bulger in game today. That is never good. Bulger woulda thrown for 350 (at least) and 3td's (at least). i have had enuf bad luck with bulger going down earlier and to being gone. c'mon gates. i love that guy!!! so much fun to watch. And I'm a Bills fan!

Bulger update from the Rams website:

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/52207/

It was a sight that has become all too familiar for the Rams and their fans. With just under five minutes to go in the third quarter, quarterback Marc Bulger was there, lying on the ground, holding his right arm in pain.

The same kind of pain that brought a potential record-breaking season to a halt when the Rams played Indianapolis on Oct. 17. The same kind of pain that slowed his momentum against San Francisco on Dec. 5 of last season.

Bulger had just been sacked by Arizona safety Adrian Wilson and was on the ground in obvious pain, making certain that he probably wouldn’t return to the game. Only one week after returning from the shoulder sprain that kept him out for two games earlier this season, Bulger was leaving Sunday’s game again.

After the game, coach Joe Vitt didn’t have much of an update on Bulger’s status.

“Marc’s x-rays look to be OK so far,” Vitt said. “We’ll have to wait and see.”

But by now, most everyone knows what this means. The x-ray turning up OK simply means there is no break or tear, it doesn’t mean that Bulger’s shoulder is fine. The shoulder was initially diagnosed as a bruise.

Of course, it was also the same diagnosis was given to Bulger’s shoulder when he suffered the injury in Indianapolis. Two days later, he had a sprained shoulder and was missing the games against New Orleans and Jacksonville.

In other words, the wait and see approach could well yield a similar result to the one that came about in the aftermath of the Colts’ game. Bulger also suffered a concussion on the play, which certainly attributed to his permanent exit from the game.
I disagree with what this guy is saying when he says this was the same diagnosis given to Bulger during the Indy game. I'm pretty sure they said right away in that game that his diagnosis was a sprained shoulder. In fact I watched something later that week on the NFL network and they had Peyton Manning mic'd up for the game and they showed a conversation between Manning and Bulger after the game and Manning asked him how the shoulder was and he said "Sprained AC, they told me I should be out about 2 weeks", which means they had that diagnosis right away. This time they are saying "bruised shoulder", which doesn't mean he won't miss a week or two, but I would think that is a little bit better than a sprain.

Users who are viewing this thread