What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

Big week this week against a team about equal to mine. No PPR. Should I start Watkins, John Brown, Trequan, or Ekeler at flex? My other starters are Watson, Gurley, Ingram, Michael Thomas, Cooks, Kelce, BAL, and Maher. 

Thanks Sig

4th&inches said:
Happy Friday, Sig. As always, thanks in advance for doing these.

Details: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, 3yr Keeper league (QRRWWTFKD)

My roster (Starters in Bold)

• QB: Watson, Fitzmagic
  • RB: Gurley, Kamara, Lindsay, Chubb, I. Smith, Penny, M. Brown (Gurley cuff), S. Ware (Hunt cuff block)
  • WR: AJ Green, TY Hilton, J. Gordon, A. Cooper
  • TE: Kelce
  • K: Zuerlein
  • DST: MIN
Question 1: Would you drop anyone to add some WR depth (or Lamar Jackson) or just hold? Best WR's available:

• Moncrief
  • Callaway
  • Gallup
  • T. Smith
  • C. Samuel
  • J. Ross
  • Lamar Jackson
Question 2: Just made a trade for Kelce, but now need to plan for a TE filler next week. any of these guys worth a preemptive add:

• Herndon v. NE
  • J. Smith @ HOU
  • RSJ @ LAC
  • Jaylen Samuels (TE eligible in Yahoo) @ DEN

Scenerio 2: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing Redraft league (short bench) (QRRWWTFKD)

My roster (Starters in Bold)

• QB: Rivers
  • RB: Barclay, Chubb, Carson, K. Johnson
  • WR: Allen, Cooks, Watkins, J. Gordon, C. Davis
  • TE: Gronk, Njoku
  • K: Gano
  • DST: HOU
Question 1: Do you start Davis or Watkins at Flex?

Question 2: do I drop Njoku to pick up a TE this week or just roll sans TE? If so, which TE do you like this week (best available below):

• J. Smith @ IND
  • Heuermann @ LAC
  • RSJ v. OAK
  • Uzomah @ BAL

Thanks again
Just hold

no preemptive add

davis

Jonnu

flexyplay said:
Thanks for doing this Sig and good luck!

1. If you could, please rank PPR ROS-

McGuire 3

Hines 2

Henry 1

Latavius 5

RFreeman 4

Riddick 6 (maybe as high as 1-2 if you need depth for week 12 and beyond)

2. PPR- With Marvin and Roberts out, would you start Riddick over Larry Fitz? no

3. PPR higher upside- Sutton or Reynolds? sutton ROS reynolds this week

4. DST- IND VS TEN or DEN @ LAC?

Thanks for the help, Bloom!

1. Royce Freeman or Spencer Ware ROS? I would note that I own Hunt.

2. Eric Ebron or Jordan Reed ROS?

Trohitreddy said:
Sig ppr

josh adams a better stash or spencer ware from a high upside perspective. Also ben rothlisberger or fitz this week? Lamar jackson still a pickup for this year with both those two on the roster by dropping josh adams?
ware fitzpatrick drop adams for jackson

steelwind said:
12 team standard league

WDIS at flex?

J. Brown vs Cinn

D. Martin @ Ariz

Funchess @ Det

I currently have D. Martin in there due to volume and matchup.  But I'm confused by your projection of J. Brown who you have over both these players.  I get that Bengals secondary stinks.  Flacco is almost guaranteed to be out.  Are we really trusting RG3 or L. Jackson to get him the deep ball?  We have no idea if Brown has chemistry with any of these QBs other than Flacco.
you got it, CIN secondary D is the factor here. i trust browns talent more than OAK O or funchess with so many weapon in CAR and chance of slay on funchess

starks said:
If you could befriend a cartoon character, who would it be?
this is a great question and one that provoked a lot of thought

bugs bunny. Bugs seemed like the type that could go with the flow, always on the move, hip and ahead of his time, confident in any situation... playful with life, appreciates the good things. can't imagine ever being bored hanging out with bugs bunny

FGITLOTR said:
Hey Sig.

In a standard league, do I:

1) roll with Sanders or Corey Davis this week?

2) Go with Cam over Brees?  

In a PPR league, I need one of these 3: Anthony Miller, John Brown, Quanfetti?

As always, thx

Rubi said:
Thanks Sig,

FPC scoring:

Need 2 of the following:

D.Thomas @ Wash

J.Doctson vs Hou

G.Tate @ N.O.

A.Humphries @ NYG

And 1 of the following:

L.Miller @ Wash

S.Shepard vs TB

R.Seals Jones vs Oak

Jsmiff said:
Courtland Sutton and John Browns volitality has me concerened as my 2 flexes. Not sure if Hayward has been as shutdown as made out to be or if he’s seen some poor passing offenses. Obviously Smoke has not been helpful lately and now has a running qb with accuracy issues. I need the ceiling of Smoke and Sutton to seal the win but both reveal similarly low floors. Should I sub one for riddick in full PPR? Riddick could conceivably see more targets than either WR.

Also do I need to be handcuffing fitz with Jameis? or u confident a change won’t happen based on business concerns. I’ll be up a creek if I don’t have jameis rostered cuz guys will faab block me. 

Thanks sig. 
sit sutton if you sit one

who do you have to drop for jameis

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Bloom, thanks as ever for your insights.

0.6 PPR, looking to sort out my WR and flex starters.

For WR, have Kenny Golladay, Alshon Jeffrey, and Amari Cooper to choose through, with them and Tarik Cohen and Philip Lindsay to consider for the flex.

Cooper and Jeffrey look to be in shootout games, but Jeffrey drawing Lattimore's attention is concerning, and while Cooper has seen solid volume since joining the team, DAL is still a run-first team.

Golladay potentially without (or with a gimpy) Jones is concerning -- while the CAR CBs aren't scary, their safeties are pretty solid, and concerned about Golladay disappearing again.

Lindsay and Cohen will see their regular volume, but Lindsay's share is likely to be affected by Royce Freeman's return, and have no idea whether the game script CHI has against a tough MIN run D, and whether that favors Cohen or not.

RIght now leaning towards either starting all 3 WRs, or Jeffrey and either Golladay or Cooper and Lindsay. 

Would love other opinions as I'm in a must-win situation and every point counts.
Cooper's the easiest call 

at WR2 I like Golladay over Jeffery this week on sheer target share with jones out and likelihood that stafford has to throw a lot, especially in the second half.

I'd rule out Cohen on volatility and .6 PPR gives him a lower floor

Jeffery vs Lindsay is tough, Jeffery has the higher ceiling but is coming in colder and Lattimore looms which brings his lower floor into focus. I'd go Lindsay if for floor, Jeffery for upside. Since you say every point counts, id lean lindsay

kyoun1e said:
QB Question. 6 points per TD pass.

* E. Manning vs TB -- Great matchup obviously. Weather looks good.

or

* M. Stafford @CAR -- Stafford may be down M. Jones.

Who?

Thanks

sit sutton if you sit one

who do you have to drop for jameis
Sig if you still inclined to answer, u asked who can I drop for Jameis

it would be either theo or josh Adams who are my rb 5 and 6 in full ppr. Don’t need Adams I reckon, u reckon the same? There is also the prospect of dropping Theo and Adams for Lamar Jackson and spencer ware which is what I think u would advocate.

In my league 6 point pass tds and bonus at 300 and 400 yards so a TB qb hold lots of weight. So drop Theo and Adams for ware and Jackson or Winston? Thanks sig! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sup SIg, 

Fitzmagic or LJackson?

Need one RB in .5ppr: Dalvin Cook or Mark Ingram

Need two WR in .5ppr: sanders, Smokey Brown, ARob, DJ Moore

With Those WRs, MVS droppable for Week 12 Streaming Def or Ware?

Thanks

Hey Sig

Standard league, need 2 from Collins, Fournette, Kerryon, and Mack.

And then different standard league, McCaffery or Ingram?

Thanks so much!

PPR

D Start 1 - Car D at det, KC D at LAR, Pitt D at jax or Was D vs hou

thanks !

Hello and THANK YOU.

League 1: Tyler Boyd or Sterling Shepard?

• standard scoring w/ bonus @ 100 yds, PPR (I started Valdez-Scantling on Thurs ?)  Leaning Shepard vs TB w/ Cinci against BALT and Green still out

League 2:   

Standard scoring & PPR

Plenty of TE on the waiver wire (currently have Engram rostered), who should I pick up and start if not Engram?....can you put 1st and 2nd choice in case one is gone?  Who for the week and who for rest of season?

• Rudolph, Reed, Engram, Heurmann, RSJ, Vance McDonald
Who to start @ FLEX?

• Crabtree, James Conner (starting Godon and Mixon @ RB unless you convince me otherwise),  Galloday or Howard?  Honestly leaning Crabtree vs Cinci

Old school league 

qbs .25 for completion/6 points passing td/50 yards point

rbs/WRs .25 reception/20 yards point/6 points for td

fitz or Trubisky 

Collins or fournette

tyler Boyd  or josh Reynolds 

thanks sir and good luck to you today 

Better Keeper, Mike Thomas for one more year for a 4th or Golladay for an 8th and keepable for 2 more years?

QUESTION 1

0.5 PPR, pick 2

Diggs against a stingy Chicago D

Calvin Ridley against a tough against WR Dallas D

Tyler Boyd against Baltimore

or sleeper Ty Montgomery against a lax Cincy defense

QUESTION 2

RBs: Mixon, DJ, Malcolm Brown, Penny, Ty Montgomery

ROS, do I drop Brown, Penny, or Ty to pick up the oft wounded Chris Thompson or Chase Edmonds from waivers?

thanks for your help as always

0.5ppr

q1: I need to bench one of the following: AP v hou, Mack v. tenn, Golladay v. car, evans @ nyg, cooper @ atl

q2: need a QB.... dak @ atl, watson @ wash, or fitz @ nyg (can you really start fitz? he's a bad INT away from an in game benching)

Mitchmagic or Fitzmagic 

Mitch against my improving home team Vikings D, or Fitz who can wing it for high pts but always at a risk for another benching with mistakes. Also picked up Lamar Jackson but feels way too risky to throw out there in a must win matchup for me.

I'm trying to find a way to get L. Jackson on my roster. I've been streaming QBs all season and having Jackson in hand with that great schedule could be a league winner. As of Friday, Jackson practiced while Flacco did not. 

Here's my roster:

* QB: R. Wilson, M. Trubisky

* RB: T. Gurley, J. Conner, A. Jones, N. Chubb, M. Mack, A. Collins

* WR: A. Jeffery, J. Gordon, MVS, J. Brown

I've bolded drop candidates (and I can't drop MVS and WIlson since I started them last night). 

You'll note that I have considerable RB depth. That said, I do love A. Collins schedule. I'm lighter at WR, but I can start 3 RBs so only need 2 any given week and with my RB depth I fully expect to start 3.

Would you drop any of these guys for L. Jackson?

Thanks
id sit tight unless you can drop MVS after game kicked off. or try to trade collins in a 2 for 1

Always appreciate the words of wisdom. Am buried with byes this week in my 0.5 point PPR league. Need a flex. Realistic choices are:

Nelson Agholor--great match-up against the Saints who bleed fantasy points to WRs, but with Tate getting more involved, he may only be 4th option for Philly

Josh Doctson-- last man standing for the Skins, although they have serious O-line issues and the Texans secondary has performed pretty well against WRs

Keke Coutee--I spent a large portion of my FAAB budget to pick him up 5 weeks ago, only to have him get hurt and then the Texans traded for D. Thomas. He is seriously questionable, and if I ride with him and he sits, I will be screwed and have to take a zero for my flex.

Mr. Bloom,

Week 11:  T. Coleman or A. Collins?

ROS, D. Watson or Trubisky?

Would it be crazy to start L. Jackson (if starting) over Watson, this week? i wouldnt but it could work

Also, please rank below Rb's and Wr's (position specfic), ROS  - Standard:

A. Jones 1

Coleman 3

Collins 2

Hilton 1

Gordon 2

Cooper 3

C. Davis 4

Thanks so much

Drop Fitzmagic for Jackson?

M. Ryan is my starter, so curious about speculative add. Redraft, but could keep Lamar as one of two keepers if he goes Mahomes (otherwise keeping Guice and Conner). 

Hey Bloom, thanks in advance for all your help!

12 Team Leagues, 1 PPR, Standard Scoring

Pick 1 Flex:  Agholor @ NO;  T. Smith VS Phil;  A. Humphries @ NYG;  J. Howard VS Minn;  J. Adams @ NO

Pick 3 WR + 1 Flex:  A. Humphries @ NYG;  T. Boyd @ Bal;  T.Smith Phi;  G. Bernard @ Bal; T. Montgomery VS Cincy

Pick 1 Flex: S. Watkins @ Jax;  D. Henry @ Indy;  T. Gabriel VS Mindy;  A. Humphries @ NYG;  M. Harris VS Hou

Is Pitt RB Jaylen Samuels worth a pickup?  If so would you drop any of these players to pick up Samuels? T. Gabriel;  A.Humphries;  Mo. Harris; not yet with your need for depth at WR

Users who are viewing this thread