What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Full ppr. Roll the dice on gronk playing or start hock
Oof. Bucs have missed Gronk bad. He got in back to back practices, and then took a maintenance day today. I didn’t hear of any setbacks so I would probably roll with Gronk (especially if Goff is out)

PPR league. Need one:

* Darrel Williams vs DAL -- No word yet on if CEL will be activated. Even if activated I doubt he's getting the lion's share of the carries. Highest O/U on the slate. Williams should get catches at minimum. Ceiling is high, but floor is low if CEL is suddenly back and acting as the starter.

* M. Pittman @BUF -- Hard to sit this guy. He's breaking out. However, this may be the toughest matchup for WRs around. It's in BUF as well where the weather may not be that great. And for whatever reason, Pittman can't crack more than 6 targets a game. Could be more of a floor game. All that said, BUF hasn't really played many tough offenses.

Which 2?

Thanks
Well CEH is apparently going to be activated so that is a downgrade to Williams but by how much? I doubt he gets just Gore's scraps so maybe he's an 11-14 opportunity guy.  No guarantee but the way this game shapes up on paper that might have some value...if he actually gets that volume.

Pittman's usage has got to be terribly frustrating to owners but his production certainly isn't and it's not like we're talking one big game that skews the data.  He has had five big weeks and only two bad ones with three that were above replacement.  I think you have to role him out despite the opponent.  The Bills don't give up TDs to WRs (two on the season and only one since week one) but they give up enough catches and yards to at least put Pittman in the "above replacement" range. With his upside I would be okay rolling him out.

Williams isn't a terrible option particularly with his receiving ability, he has earned a bigger share than he had before CEH's injury. And he is probably a safer floor guy but I probably lean Pittman regardless.

Pittman>Darrel Williams

Standard scoring non-ppr league. Need a WR2.

D.J. Moore vs WAS

Thielen vs GB
Two good options but in standard I absolutely like Thielen. TD in 6 of 9 games and while I think Cam will pepper DJ all day for lack of better options, and understanding of the playbook, I think TDs will be more difficult to come by.

Thielen>DJ Moore

My QB room: Kyler Murray,Colt McCoy,Trevor Lawrence.

Should I:

1. Start Lawrence 1:00PM game

2. Wait for 4:00PM . Start Murray if active,or if not plug McCoy in
Latest update I say says McCoy is in line to start but who knows?

Seattle is a solid matchup but that is a very desperate, and therefore a very dangerous team.

Yeah, I could see rolling out Lawrence. But man, does he really have any upside? Not a big game yet.  Then again, does McCoy have any upside again without Hopkins? Ultimately, despite last week I think it's within spitting distance of Lawrence so maybe it's worth rolling the dice on Murray.

I would probably roll the dice.

I still like Williams in the flex, esp in CEH's first game back.  I expect Williams to get say 1/3 runs and most of the passes.  Should be a shootout, unless Dal really is that good and KC struggles again, in which case, never mind.  But Williams should still get his touches either way.

Agree it's a tough game for Pittman and he's not a shoo-in top 5 start.  His QB is regressing.  May be a low-scoring game (not many scoring chances for Indy WRs).
I think Williams is not a bad option (I still roll Pittman but it's definitely close) but how is Wentz regressing? I know the Titans game was a disaster but dude has three picks on the entire season balanced against 17 TDs. He's playing very well.

Full ppr. Roll the dice on gronk playing or start hock
Depends entirely on your risk tolerance.

If you have another option you can sub in if Gronk is a late scratch then I probably go with Gronk over Hock with a green as heck QB (Mike White first games are rare animals).

I have a tough PPR flex call now that CEH will be active, I need one of these 3.

Darrel Williams- CEH may not see much action??

D'Onta Foreman- gut feeling he disappoints this week

Mooney- if ARob is out, should see more targets
Mooney is probably the safest and smartest play in a PPR.  I also think Williams will have a decent role, and will catch a few passes but Mooney has been solid all year and faces a vulnerable defense.  If Fields has really turned the corner this is a great opportunity for him.

I like Foreman this week too, probably more than I should, but he is still too unknown and possibly not very good at all.  He also has a likely TD vulture in ADP.

Mooney>Williams>>Foreman

Bateman or Gallup in 0.5 ppr
Tough call but I still lean Gallup (discussed these two a bit earlier) because I like his chances to find the end zone a little bit more and he should get enough targets to stay close with Bateman in the department, although I do think Bateman will have a couple or three more.

Gallup>Bateman

RB: Gaskin (at NYJ), Carter (vs MIA), Sanders (vs NO) or Pollard (at KC).

Leaning Gaskin here because of most potential volume and matchup, but the call up of Duke Johnson is making me a bit nervous that he takes some work away from Gaskin due to his ineffectiveness. 
PPR? Try to remember stuff like that is important.

I will not endorse any Philly RB, particularly against a good rush D. Siriani may have finally figured out that he needs to run a lot more than he had in the first seven games but he looks to be full on time share.

Gaskin is not very good but he is facing the worst rush D in the league you gotta like him at least a little bit this week.

I would like Carter more if Flacco wasn't starting. Mike White peppered him with targets, Josh Johnson didn't and neither did Wilson (at least not consistently) what will Flacco do?  I hope check down a lot. Ultimately I think Carter is the more talented RB.

Pollard is a fine player but in a game like this I think he may be relegated to more of a tertiary role as Dallas may need to keep their best players on the field more than usual.

Carter>Gaskin>Pollard>Sanders

Could go either way with Hollywood and Cooper out, but I see the Ravens/Bears game as a more grind it out type than a potential shootout with Dallas/KC. Thus lean towards Gallup.

Please see mine.
I agree with your assessment about the Bal/Chi game.  Could be kind of ugly.

Pick 2 in half PPR

CEH vs DAL

M. Sanders vs NO

Foreman vs HOU

Bateman vs CHI (will bench if Lamar sits)
Interesting call here.  I won't endorse Sanders for reasons I have stated many times, I don't trust Siriani.

I like Foreman this week but I recognize he carries a big risk.

CEH, I think is probably the smart choice. You have to assume if he plays he will get around a dozen opportunities as his o/u. That has solid value.

Bateman may be a PPR machine with 28 targets in four games and Marquise Brown out so I could also very easily see starting him over CEH.  In fact I think I would just because I have no idea what to expect from CEH.

Bateman>CEH but that's a tough call and it's very close. After that Foreman>Sanders

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be honest people, I'm having real trouble with CEH, Bateman, Mooney & Gallup in particular this week.

Then again it looks like a lot of you are as well so may as well listen to me because, reasons.

Just wanted to put this somewhere - may as well be here - The Browns D is on waivers and no one is picking them up in my league.  I have TEN and they play HOU, so I am OK, but CLE plays at home against DET, and they are starting a guy that has negative fantasy points for his career.  My opponent has PIT, who plays on the road vs LAC.  I dunno

PPR? Try to remember stuff like that is important.

I will not endorse any Philly RB, particularly against a good rush D. Siriani may have finally figured out that he needs to run a lot more than he had in the first seven games but he looks to be full on time share.

Gaskin is not very good but he is facing the worst rush D in the league you gotta like him at least a little bit this week.

I would like Carter more if Flacco wasn't starting. Mike White peppered him with targets, Josh Johnson didn't and neither did Wilson (at least not consistently) what will Flacco do?  I hope check down a lot. Ultimately I think Carter is the more talented RB.

Pollard is a fine player but in a game like this I think he may be relegated to more of a tertiary role as Dallas may need to keep their best players on the field more than usual.

Carter>Gaskin>Pollard>Sanders
Thanks - yes it’s PPR. My bad. Agree with your assessment about it being questionable about how much Flacco will check down, which is making me lean towards Gaskin. But I may flip to Carter - not sure yet.

Just wanted to put this somewhere - may as well be here - The Browns D is on waivers and no one is picking them up in my league.  I have TEN and they play HOU, so I am OK, but CLE plays at home against DET, and they are starting a guy that has negative fantasy points for his career.  My opponent has PIT, who plays on the road vs LAC.  I dunno
Even as a defensive move, if you have someone you're okay dropping it absolutely makes sense to pick up Cle.

Heck there is an argument to start two defenses depending on the rest of your roster.

Thanks - yes it’s PPR. My bad. Agree with your assessment about it being questionable about how much Flacco will check down, which is making me lean towards Gaskin. But I may flip to Carter - not sure yet.
Flaccid might be a Captain Checkdown, on fact that is probably a safe assumption. His career high I'm Y/A is 7.4 in his third season.

I really like Carter more than Gaskin as as a player but man that Jets D is bad against the run. 29th in yards per game at 133.9 (Mia 15th, 109.3), 31st in ypa at 4.7 (11th, 4.2), 32nd I'm TDs with 19 (17th, 9).

It really is a classic talent v opportunity question.

I would probably go with Gaskin>Carter but wouldn't argue against going the other way.

Even as a defensive move, if you have someone you're okay dropping it absolutely makes sense to pick up Cle.

Heck there is an argument to start two defenses depending on the rest of your roster.
Yes, I picked up CLE and dropped TEN shortly after I typed that.  I was fine with TEN, but needed to ensure they would go to waivers, so they couldn't be picked up and used this week.  The standard "playing keep away" move in FF.

Flaccid might be a Captain Checkdown, on fact that is probably a safe assumption. His career high I'm Y/A is 7.4 in his third season.

I really like Carter more than Gaskin as as a player but man that Jets D is bad against the run. 29th in yards per game at 133.9 (Mia 15th, 109.3), 31st in ypa at 4.7 (11th, 4.2), 32nd I'm TDs with 19 (17th, 9).

It really is a classic talent v opportunity question.

I would probably go with Gaskin>Carter but wouldn't argue against going the other way.
Believe it or not, I’m concerned about Duke Johnson being called up and taking touches away from Gaskin given Myles’ lack of production.

Standard

Pick 1 for fleX spot

pittman vs buf

foreman vs hou

collins vs ari

i am currently thinking foreman because I just don’t see a huge upside potential for either Pittman or Collins.  I hate relying on foreman and I could easily see a dud, but the matchups say to me that the he has the best ceiling.

PPR

Nyheim Hines or Cedrick Wilson
Rolling with Cedrick is really hoping for a big play, right?

Gallup's return puts a cap on Wilson's upside IMO. Amari pulls I'm about seven targets/game. If this game turns into a real shootout then maybe there are 10, or so, more plays called than in a typical game? How many of those should we expect Wilson to see? Between CeeDee, Gallup, Schultz & the RBs maybe three? If it's a shootout, I've learned not to assume game scripts will play out the way we think.

Cedrick didn't do anything in a blowout of ATL, and not much better when getting blown out by Den (2 of 5 targets for 28).

In their shootout with the Patriots he had seven targets (4-42-0). Gallup missed that game. That was his season high in targets by two.

I am not trying to talk you out of Wilson just measuring expectations. You play him in the hopes of getting a big play IMO.

Hines is a much better option IMO, maybe worse. He averages about eight opportunities per game with 3.9 targets. He's on the road against a very tough opponent. Indy is good enough that we can't count on any particular game script playing out but seeing them get rolled and not doing much on offense does feel possible. It doesn't for Dallas (Denver was a fluke IMO).

I think they both have low floors but Wilson at least has a very hopeful upside.

Cedrick>Hines

FTR I went into this write up thinking I would lean Hines. Surprising myself with analysis (of very incomplete information is part of the reason I enjoy this thread).

Well CEH is apparently going to be activated so that is a downgrade to Williams but by how much? I doubt he gets just Gore's scraps so maybe he's an 11-14 opportunity guy.  No guarantee but the way this game shapes up on paper that might have some value...if he actually gets that volume.

Pittman's usage has got to be terribly frustrating to owners but his production certainly isn't and it's not like we're talking one big game that skews the data.  He has had five big weeks and only two bad ones with three that were above replacement.  I think you have to role him out despite the opponent.  The Bills don't give up TDs to WRs (two on the season and only one since week one) but they give up enough catches and yards to at least put Pittman in the "above replacement" range. With his upside I would be okay rolling him out.

Williams isn't a terrible option particularly with his receiving ability, he has earned a bigger share than he had before CEH's injury. And he is probably a safer floor guy but I probably lean Pittman regardless.

Pittman>Darrel Williams

Really would like to get some kind of intelligence this morning on touches for CEL. If there's an indication he's going to be eased in, I think I'd still with D. Williams.

Minus that info, think I'd have to agree with you get hope the floor is something like 5-50 or 10 PPR points.

QB question with 4 points per passing TD.

This is a break glass in case of emergency if L. Jackson is out due to the damn sniffles.

* C. Newton vs WASH - Can't believe I'm thinking this. As a pats fan, I watched his every throw last year and he was horrible. Great matchup, maybe catch lightning in a bottle here, get some rushing yards and a goal line plunge.

* J. Fields vs BALT -- If Jackson is out, the field may tilt CHI's way. Matchup is pretty good and Fields has had a bye week to improve. No A. Robinson and Mooney banged up too. BALT apparently blitzes at a high rate...could be a problem for Fields.

* D. Jones @TB -- Hard to trust this guy but the matchup is there.

Which?

Thanks

Full point PPR.  Pick two.

Pollard

Z. Moss

Golladay

Thanks guys
Errrrrrrr...tough one.

I think Golladay has the most upside in this situation. The Giants offense is super bi-polar but the talent is there as is the matchup (on paper) plus Shepard has been ruled out apparently.

Moss & Pollard have very similar numbers, and while Pollard is probably a little more talented I like Moss for the TD upside. He has scored in four games and is not likely to be pulled.from the rotation for a better player, unlike Pollard.

If Dak/KC is as competitive as we think I don't know that we can count on Pollard getting his average of 12 opportunities because I think Zeke will be on the field more. Moss is more likely to hit his average IMO.

It's definitely close between the two but

Golladay>Moss>Pollard

Yes, I picked up CLE and dropped TEN shortly after I typed that.  I was fine with TEN, but needed to ensure they would go to waivers, so they couldn't be picked up and used this week.  The standard "playing keep away" move in FF.
Not sure I like that move if only because I like Tennessee more RoS buy it's definitely solid for this week.

Not sure I like that move if only because I like Tennessee more RoS buy it's definitely solid for this week.
Only 1 owner has kept the same D all season (BUF).  Options a'plenty every week, but I couldn't let my opponent come to his senses and pick up CLE.  I would've been OK with another team picking them up, just not him.  I even considered texting another owner to suggest picking them up, but that is a cheesy move.

@Chaka Embarrasment of Riches.  1/2pt PPR, 6pt TD.  I need to start TWO RBs, TWO WRs and one other RB/WR:

• Stefon Diggs @IND
  • AJ Brown @ HOU (but looks like rain/downpour during game)
  • Michael Gallup @ KC (Cooper out)
  • Rashod Bateman @CHI (Brown out)
  • Dionte Johnson @ LAC
  • Jonathan Taylor @ BUF
  • AJ Dillon @ MN (Jones out)
  • Jeffrey Wilson @ JAC (Mitchel out)

Errrrrrrr...tough one.

I think Golladay has the most upside in this situation. The Giants offense is super bi-polar but the talent is there as is the matchup (on paper) plus Shepard has been ruled out apparently.

Moss & Pollard have very similar numbers, and while Pollard is probably a little more talented I like Moss for the TD upside. He has scored in four games and is not likely to be pulled.from the rotation for a better player, unlike Pollard.

If Dak/KC is as competitive as we think I don't know that we can count on Pollard getting his average of 12 opportunities because I think Zeke will be on the field more. Moss is more likely to hit his average IMO.

It's definitely close between the two but

Golladay>Moss>Pollard
Thats how I have it as well. Thanks for the input

Standard

Pick 1 for fleX spot

pittman vs buf

foreman vs hou

collins vs ari

i am currently thinking foreman because I just don’t see a huge upside potential for either Pittman or Collins.  I hate relying on foreman and I could easily see a dud, but the matchups say to me that the he has the best ceiling.
FFS I just accidentally deleted a long write up on this.

Sorry, not going to rewrite it because ultimately it came down to "It's really close" between all three IF Kyler Murray is out.

If Murray plays Collins is the last option IMO.

Pittman has low TD upside, but still non-zero.

Foreman has a TD vulture in ADP and may not be very good to begin with.

Collins is competent at best but may return to 17 touch range if Kyler is out. 

Very tough call but ultimately I don't know if I have the stones to bench Pittman. Indy may get ####.down but they have a very good team overall. Wentz has 3 picks all year against 17 TDs, Jonathan Taylor is playing out of his mind and they have a top offensive line. Getting rolled isn't a lock, despite Buffalo's reputation.

Pittman

Ive got a tough matchup this week where I wasthe underdog by 10 points to start the week but thanks to the New England D on Thursday night I am now favored. I'm at 6-4, opponent at 7-3.

PPR league

Given Lamar Jackson's illness start him or Aaron Rodgers?

Pittman or Gallup at WR?

Really would like to get some kind of intelligence this morning on touches for CEL. If there's an indication he's going to be eased in, I think I'd still with D. Williams.

Minus that info, think I'd have to agree with you get hope the floor is something like 5-50 or 10 PPR points.
I could see that. Williams could/should be the passing back but CEH catches enough and I don't think Reid will telegraph plays by dedicating one or the other to such a defined role.

Good luck, it's a tough call.

Ive got a tough matchup this week where I wasthe underdog by 10 points to start the week but thanks to the New England D on Thursday night I am now favored. I'm at 6-4, opponent at 7-3.

PPR league

Given Lamar Jackson's illness start him or Aaron Rodgers?

Pittman or Gallup at WR?
I would wait to get more insight into Jackson's illness and maybe see if there are reports of how he looks in warm ups. If there is any question I would go with Rodgers because he owns the Vikings. 

I don't think I would bench Pittman but it is tempting based on the matchup since Gallup will be the WR2 this week in what would be a high scoring game so if you need a higher ceiling I would go with him.

QB question with 4 points per passing TD.

This is a break glass in case of emergency if L. Jackson is out due to the damn sniffles.

* C. Newton vs WASH - Can't believe I'm thinking this. As a pats fan, I watched his every throw last year and he was horrible. Great matchup, maybe catch lightning in a bottle here, get some rushing yards and a goal line plunge.

* J. Fields vs BALT -- If Jackson is out, the field may tilt CHI's way. Matchup is pretty good and Fields has had a bye week to improve. No A. Robinson and Mooney banged up too. BALT apparently blitzes at a high rate...could be a problem for Fields.

* D. Jones @TB -- Hard to trust this guy but the matchup is there.

Which?

Thanks
Cam had 12 rushing TDs in 15 games last year. Apart from a weird rookie performance Cam's value has never been as a passer. There is no surprise at all he failed as a passer in BBs precision passing game, it was a bizarre union from the jump. He's adequate as a passer but as a rush TD machine he's sublime. Doesn't he lead the league in rush TDs since he got to the NFL? If not he's darn close.

Fields may have turned a corner and he has a good matchup on paper but one game against the Steelers is all we have to go on, and that's not much.

Jones sure seems to have all-world athleticism at times. At other times he looks like he's hearing the Benny Hill theme in his head when he drops back. And if TB is as angry as I think they are it could be a long day without the benefit of bikini clad girls showing up randomly. (Too much with the Benny Hill reference?)

I kinda like Cam here. WFT defense isn't shutting anyone out and I think Car is far less likely to abuse McCaffrey with goal line runs when they have the best goal line rusher in the history of the league back there with him.

Mind you Cam could also get shut down but I think he has the best path to fantasy relevance.

@Chaka Embarrasment of Riches.  1/2pt PPR, 6pt TD.  I need to start TWO RBs, TWO WRs and one other RB/WR:

• Stefon Diggs @IND
  • AJ Brown @ HOU (but looks like rain/downpour during game)
  • Michael Gallup @ KC (Cooper out)
  • Rashod Bateman @CHI (Brown out)
  • Dionte Johnson @ LAC
  • Jonathan Taylor @ BUF
  • AJ Dillon @ MN (Jones out)
  • Jeffrey Wilson @ JAC (Mitchel out)
Diggs, AJ, Taylor & Other AJ are obvious choices.

Do we have an official status on Mitchell?

If Mitchell is out I do like him to slide into the starting role in SF, which comes with good volume. So he is probably a decent floor option and has TD upside.

Gallup v Bateman is darn close but it looks like Lamar is a 50:50 shot to play this week with an illness so even if he does play he may be limited by his need for access to a bathroom. 

If Mitchell plays Gallup>Bateman>Wilson

If Mitchell is out...

Wilson>Gallup>Bateman gotta go for the volume IMO but it's close.

Jeff Wilson or Gaskin, 1 ppr, bonus at 15 carries and 100 yards rush or receieve?
If Wilson is the starter I definitely see the value but how can you not get excited about facing that NYJ defense? Bottom 3 in every rushing metric. Gaskin isn't great, he may not even be good, but is Wilson any better? IDK

Gaskin>Wilson

Users who are viewing this thread