What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Ive got a tough matchup this week where I wasthe underdog by 10 points to start the week but thanks to the New England D on Thursday night I am now favored. I'm at 6-4, opponent at 7-3.

PPR league

Given Lamar Jackson's illness start him or Aaron Rodgers?

Pittman or Gallup at WR?
Jackson isn't so much better than Rodgers even when healthy.

Rodgers>Jackson

Pittman v Gallup is tough. I have spoken about both at length in here already and we're getting close to crunch time so I . going to try and be brief.

We all know the pros and cons. This is a gut check. Personally I probably lean Pittman but it's very, very close.

Foreman got picked up  ---  so need Collins or Toney (off waivers) for flex in standard?
It looks like Murray may not play so I lean Collins.

I love Kadarius and Shepard is out but we have so very little data to try and predict his usage I just can't say anything with confidence.

I believe on being aggressive I'm these choices but choosing Kadarius feels more like blind faith than aggressiveness.

Collins>Kadarius if Murray is out.

Kadarius>Collins if Murray plays

It looks like Murray may not play so I lean Collins.

I love Kadarius and Shepard is out but we have so very little data to try and predict his usage I just can't say anything with confidence.

I believe on being aggressive I'm these choices but choosing Kadarius feels more like blind faith than aggressiveness.

Collins>Kadarius if Murray is out.

Kadarius>Collins if Murray plays
I keep seeing this...Collins better play if Kyle Murray is out?  because less chance of shootout?

I keep seeing this...Collins better play if Kyle Murray is out?  because less chance of shootout?
I keep saying it (don't think anyone else has so it's not a chorus, just a lone voice).

Yes, I believe that with Kyler in it will put more pressure on Seattle to be aggressive leading to less usage of Collins.

I could see that. Williams could/should be the passing back but CEH catches enough and I don't think Reid will telegraph plays by dedicating one or the other to such a defined role.

Good luck, it's a tough call.

Unbelievable. And here it is. Now thinking I have to go D. Williams instead of Pittman. Wish Pittman was in a 4pm game.

James Palmer

@JamesPalmerTV

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire is back for the #chiefs. But I’ve been told they’ll watch pregame warmups pretty closely. They don’t really know how much he’s going to play as or right now.

Lamar Jackson and his "illness" or Cam Newton vs Wash?

6pt TD lg
Ha....can answer this one, it's Cam now I guess.

So now the question is pick one:

Cam vs Wash

Fields vs Balt

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha....can answer this one, it's Cam now I guess.

So now the question is pick one:

Cam vs Wash

Fields vs Balt

Have the same choice. Holding nose and going Cam.

A. Robinson ruled out so really only Mooney and Kmet to throw to for Fields. Could see it being a big D. Montgomery day.

Does bad gametime weather in Buffalo and Nashville affect Pittman and/or Cooks? 

First half in Buffalo is ok, but 2nd half is supposed to be nasty. 

Looks like solid rain in TN today. 

Options for me if I sit these 2 are Toney, Miles Sanders or Elijah Moore.

Lamar not playing so I'm rolling with Fields. 

D question:

* PHI D vs NO -- Siemian at QB. Hasn't made mistakes. NO I'm sure will be running the ball. Could be a low scorer, but maybe not a high ceiling?

OR

* CHI D vs Balt -- Lamar out. M. Brown out. Huntley starting last second. CHI run D is their strength so not sure Huntley can attack their weakness...secondary. Game also at home. Hmmm.

Note: Was starting Lamar and my opponent projected to win. Looking for ceiling.

Which?

Thanks

OK so with the Lamaar Jackson news I've got a TE problem

Mark Andrews or Giesicki in PPR?
It is really close and I expect Miami to try to get Giesicki involved since he was shut out last week. Usually inexperienced QBs lean on their TEs but I think Giesicki has a better chance of getting into the end zone.

With L Jackson out,

need to choose between waiver pick ups.  Needing a  2nd qb in a SF league playing the other top team tied with my team. Not good roster options at other positions due to byes, injuries and match ups. 

Huntley at Chicago,       unknown ?  pretty strong D

Roethlisberger at LAC,     Fresh from Covid,  Strong D,   

Flacco at Miami            It's Flacco,  easiest D of the three choices

PPR, long td bonus points

pick 1 RB

Jeff Wilson vs @JAGS, Myles Gaskin VS @Jets, Josh Jacobs vs CINCY

I know everyone is high on Wilson in SF and there is a decent argument for it but I still like Gaskin against that terrible Jets defense.

Jacobs would be the obvious choice but the Raiders are just a scary team to try and predict ATM and he simply hasn't gotten the volume, or TD opportunities, we all hoped for when we drafted him

Gaskin>Wilson>Jacobs

Pick one if Murray is out.

Tua

Jimmy G

Cam

Danny Dimes

Justin Fields 
Too many options.  Throw a dart honestly.

I kind of like Cam because of his rushing ability and that he is the default goal line back.

Tua has a tasty matchup that he should be able to exploit.

With Lamar Jackson out I think we see more of Montgomery & Herbert.

Love Daniel Jones tools and weapons but I simply don't trust that offense.

Cam/Tua>Garappolo>Jones>Fields

Unbelievable. And here it is. Now thinking I have to go D. Williams instead of Pittman. Wish Pittman was in a 4pm game.

James Palmer

@JamesPalmerTV

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire is back for the #chiefs. But I’ve been told they’ll watch pregame warmups pretty closely. They don’t really know how much he’s going to play as or right now.
If you have a belief that CEH is going to be limited, and there is reason to believe, I would absolutely go with D.Williams over Pittman.  If CEH were out it wouldn't be a question.

Have the same choice. Holding nose and going Cam.

A. Robinson ruled out so really only Mooney and Kmet to throw to for Fields. Could see it being a big D. Montgomery day.
Also with no Lamar it might be a much closer game so I expect Chi to try and run more.

OK so with the Lamaar Jackson news I've got a TE problem

Mark Andrews or Giesicki in PPR?
I have been plugging Dolphins a lot in here because of the matchup.

No Lamar, no Marquise = all the coverage rolls to Andrews.

Andrews is all world but Giesick isn't a slouch.

Geisiki>Andrews

Does bad gametime weather in Buffalo and Nashville affect Pittman and/or Cooks? 

First half in Buffalo is ok, but 2nd half is supposed to be nasty. 

Looks like solid rain in TN today. 

Options for me if I sit these 2 are Toney, Miles Sanders or Elijah Moore.

Lamar not playing so I'm rolling with Fields. 
Wind is the only thing that concerns me for a passing game. Pittman put up 4-105-1 in a torrential downpour in San Fran earlier this year.

D question:

* PHI D vs NO -- Siemian at QB. Hasn't made mistakes. NO I'm sure will be running the ball. Could be a low scorer, but maybe not a high ceiling?

OR

* CHI D vs Balt -- Lamar out. M. Brown out. Huntley starting last second. CHI run D is their strength so not sure Huntley can attack their weakness...secondary. Game also at home. Hmmm.

Note: Was starting Lamar and my opponent projected to win. Looking for ceiling.

Which?

Thanks
Chicago is a better defense and they now have similar matchup.

Chi>Phi

With L Jackson out,

need to choose between waiver pick ups.  Needing a  2nd qb in a SF league playing the other top team tied with my team. Not good roster options at other positions due to byes, injuries and match ups. 

Huntley at Chicago,       unknown ?  pretty strong D

Roethlisberger at LAC,     Fresh from Covid,  Strong D,   

Flacco at Miami            It's Flacco,  easiest D of the three choices
Roethlisberger by a good margin.  He's old and busted and not very good anymore but Flacco & Huntley are probably terrible and Pitt, with no TJ and no Fitzpatrick, could very well be throwing a lot.  Mind you there is an alternative where Pitt seizes control of the game clock and pounds Najee all day limiting the Chargers number of drives. But I still think that Pitt D is too vulnerable to count on that.

Roethisberger

Freiermuth or Gronk?
It depends, do you have an option if Gronk is a late scratch?

Honestly even if Gronk plays I love how Freirmuth is playing lately and the Chargers are highly vulnerable to TEs.

Freirmuth>Gronk

PPR agnew vs marcus johnson
Agnew.  There is a good chance Tenn will have this game in hand and try to shorten it with Foreman & ADP.

Marcus had a fine game last week but I am not sure how sustainable a 6th year undrafted free agent breakout could possibly be.

Agnew>Johnson

Interesting call here.  I won't endorse Sanders for reasons I have stated many times, I don't trust Siriani.

I like Foreman this week but I recognize he carries a big risk.

CEH, I think is probably the smart choice. You have to assume if he plays he will get around a dozen opportunities as his o/u. That has solid value.

Bateman may be a PPR machine with 28 targets in four games and Marquise Brown out so I could also very easily see starting him over CEH.  In fact I think I would just because I have no idea what to expect from CEH.

Bateman>CEH but that's a tough call and it's very close. After that Foreman>Sanders
@hamsterdam

I am changing this, albeit a bit begrudgingly as CEH may be on a pitch count. But without Lamar or Marquise...I can't like Bateman this week

CEH>Bateman

@hamsterdam

I am changing this, albeit a bit begrudgingly as CEH may be on a pitch count. But without Lamar or Marquise...I can't like Bateman this week

CEH>Bateman
Def sitting Bateman with Lamar out, but I do not like the sound of CEH on a count. Thinking of starting Sanders or Agnew now. 

Def sitting Bateman with Lamar out, but I do not like the sound of CEH on a count. Thinking of starting Sanders or Agnew now. 
I hate all Philly backs but that feels personal, by me this point so take it with a grain of salt.

Agnew is an interesting option IMO if you're down on CEH

Elijah Moore, Bryan Edwards, Kadarius Toney.

This week?

Season?
I like all three quite a bit.

Ultimately I don't trust the Raiders at this point. Moore is dealing with a QB carousel and may never get fully on track.

Toney feels like the biggest upside guy and probably has the highest floor as well.

Guys, I gotta check out early. Having a bit of a family emergency and have to deal with it.  NBD.

Good luck everyone.  As always remember that you get what you pay for.

I guess I do have a question after all. 

Final flex decision. Toney or DWil with CEH back. Full point PPR. 

I hate all Philly backs but that feels personal, by me this point so take it with a grain of salt.

Agnew is an interesting option IMO if you're down on CEH
Gainwell being inactive makes me think Sanders is going to get the passing down work. 

I guess I do have a question after all. 

Final flex decision. Toney or DWil with CEH back. Full point PPR. 
We have so little to go on with Toney, but I guess we don't have much more to go on with Williams vis a vis CEH.

I still like Williams because I think he has earned a bigger market share with his performance while CEH was out.

If you absolutely need a home run play Toney otherwise.

Williams>Toney

thanks for the head’s up. Thanks - I was gonna roll out Bullock with Gay on the BYE. But I hate having a K in bad weather so I dropped him for Succup. Hopefully it works out. Gives me one more late player, too. 
Thanks for the reminder. I'm so busy answering all your guys's questions I forgot my kicker is on the bye.

Anyone know Zeurlein's official status)? I assume he's playing since he was activated.

Users who are viewing this thread