What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

lol

I want the entire NE defense dead. Chad friggin Pennington just stomped all over you, you worthless losers.

Let's see:

- Jacobs deactivated AFTER our league lineup deadline (with Derrick Ward on my bench)

- Leon Washington blowing up on my bench

- Started Roy Williams over Mark Bradley in a coin flip

Yeah, that's about it, I think. :wall:

eta: BAL defense taking a little of the sting out of this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see:- Jacobs deactivated AFTER our league lineup deadline (with Derrick Ward on my bench)- Leon Washington blowing up on my bench- Started Roy Williams over Mark Bradley in a coin flipYeah, that's about it, I think. :wall:
that's awful that your league doesn't allow to lineup submission deadline to be the gametime for the player ... obviously you have to have an option available who has yet to play and is not locked on your bench, but that appears to be the case this week for you ... why is your deadline 1pm and not gametime?

Let's see:- Jacobs deactivated AFTER our league lineup deadline (with Derrick Ward on my bench)- Leon Washington blowing up on my bench- Started Roy Williams over Mark Bradley in a coin flipYeah, that's about it, I think. :thumbup:
that's awful that your league doesn't allow to lineup submission deadline to be the gametime for the player ... obviously you have to have an option available who has yet to play and is not locked on your bench, but that appears to be the case this week for you ... why is your deadline 1pm and not gametime?
We just recently moved away from the 8PM Saturday deadline we've used for years, when we went to all web-based administration, but haven't made the gametime switch yet.I can't ##### too much, since I'm the commish :bag:

Inserted Plaxico in my line-up at 4:14 today over Lance Moore on a hunch.

Plax doesn't sniff my starting roster the rest of the year...which will probably just be next week since I'll most likely miss the playoffs now.

Thank Mr.Cutler for not using Scheffler again!!!! :(

Could have had the Carlson TD, where is that shirt :hophead:

Started Denver DST, leaving Buffalo and Houston on the bench. :(

Need two from Garrett Hartley tomorrow night. Should be money, but I have been killed by kickers before (couple years ago Gould missed several FGs to blow my lead and lose the game for me, knocking me out of the championship).

Thanks Cutler for the Dud

Started Winslow, was going to go with Kevin Boss(48 yds, 1 TD) but once he was activated I stayed with him

I had Ward on my bench(non-Jacobs owner), was going to roll with him over Chris Johnson, but thought Jacobs was 100% to go.

Pierre Thomas and Colston better go off tomorrow night or I am going to get very angry......

I can't pick them right lately. DONNIE AVERY I HATE YOU

MJD HAS HAD ABOUT A MILLION POINTS ON MY BENCH. NEXT WEEK HE'LL PROBABLY SUCK.

God help me

My opponent has Cassel, Michael Turner, Randy Moss and the Tampa defense! WTF? Never stood a chance this week....and thankfully my playoff spot is wrapped up and a lst round bye is locked up with a win next week or a loss by the 2nd place team this week or next.

The week after Bush tore his MCL, I was offered a trade in a PPR-league of Turner and (someone) for Cutler and Bush. I turned it down after hearing Bush might be back in 3 weeks.

I'm playing that guy this week and likely going to lose and get kicked out of the playoff hunt.

where is the Reggie Wayne who lined up all over last year? Quit setting #######g picks for my opponent's players and do something when I need it.

I have low score by far for the week - thank you McNabb and Plaxico Burress (who outscored McNabb by not playing!) My kicker was the only one to get into double figures today.

:bag:

Been riding Buffalo's D all year, then today I bench them in favor of the Jets D on a hunch. Lost out on 21 points because of our league scoring settings.

Should still win because of Turner, tho. Lucky. Playing the 10-1 team in my league.

Down 18 points, and if I win I get first place and clinch a playoff spot.

I have Brees left, and I sat Matt freakin' Cassel and his 40+ points in my league!!!!!

And screw you Donnie Avery, I sat Holt for him in my PPR league (12 points), I will never bench Holt at home again!

Leon Washington > Fast Willie

Kevin Walter > Brandon Marshall

Vincent Jackson > Reggie Wayne

Gonzo > Cooley

Elam > Prater (thanks for the two misses, BTW)

That adds up to my first loss of the year, to a 4-7 team.

My trio of WRs officially suck now, except for Megatron and his TD. Take that away, and I was destroyed this week.

Andy Reid get a running game!

Down 22-7, 2nd and goal from the 1 your fat ### thought it was a good idea to have your backup QB throw the football. Are you kidding me? If you are going to throw the ball down there it has to be on 1st down on a play action. But what did your fat ### call on 1st down? A QB sneak! A QB sneak with a backup QB against the Ravens! Not Donovan McNabb a backup! Holy #### what a dumb ###!! Ever heard of Brian Westbrook or maybe even Correll Buckhalter? What a dumb ###!

Yes my opponent started the Ravens defense and yes that will probably cost me a playoff spot!

Lee Evans cost me week 12 by being a no show when all I needed was 4 points to win... Lee Evans had a nice day yesterday, but riding the pine on my bench forcing me to start Eddie Royal over him. I don't know if I should be venting about Royal or Evans, but that's 2 losses in 2 weeks and the end of my season. /sigh

Frank Gore and his 1.9 yds/att yesterday. If he only could have gotten 53 carries he could have hit the century mark. And all of the sudden he can't catch and is getting pulled for Foster and Robinson on plays.

ttea said:
Down 18 points, and if I win I get first place and clinch a playoff spot.I have Brees left, and I sat Matt freakin' Cassel and his 40+ points in my league!!!!!And screw you Donnie Avery, I sat Holt for him in my PPR league (12 points), I will never bench Holt at home again!
I believe I heard someone on ESPN state that Holt does very well at home compared to being on the road...

Frank Gore and his 1.9 yds/att yesterday. If he only could have gotten 53 carries he could have hit the century mark. And all of the sudden he can't catch and is getting pulled for Foster and Robinson on plays.
Yeah, I am pretty much pissed at Martz on this one...I am not sure he is the guy calling the player packages, but Gore should have been utilized much better than he was...heck, on one throw from Hill to Gore with Ware covering him, Hill could have thrown it over the top and it would have been sure TD as Gore would have gotten away from Ware.

JAcobs in and then out!!!

Where were the FOOTBALLGUYS here on this. (paid subscriber) No timely breaking news or emails. I had Ward on my bench. :shrug:

Watched the SD/IND game last night, won my game by 1 pt as Rivers throws for over 275 yds.

Wake up this morning, ESPN gave the Ravens 2 extra pts

I lose by 1 pt.

stupid :goodposting:

I needed a score by Pierre Thomas late in the Monday game and he busts loose for me to TIE my opponent!!

No problem - I have Hartley to kick the XP and give me the victory. DOH!!!!!!!

What is up with New Orleans going for two points up 51-29!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

My game ends in a Tie. FRACK!!!! Talk about thrill of victory adn agony of kissing your sister....

I sat Brees this week for ................................................................................

........JAY CUTLER! :unsure:

I AM A MO-RON!

JAcobs in and then out!!!Where were the FOOTBALLGUYS here on this. (paid subscriber) No timely breaking news or emails. I had Ward on my bench. :unsure:
Wasn't on the inactive list. Giants played fast and loose with the rules. Arizona has actually filed a complaint.That's my assumption - nobody knew until kickoff.PS - Frigging McCarthy and his lame ### 2 pt conversion down by multiple scores and then the idiot 4th and 16 attempt cost me my game tonight. Dangit.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this week I tried an experiment. Benching studs based on matchups.

Benched Brees since GB is a stoudt pass D and has tons of interceptions...benched Brees for Thigpen.

Benched Turner due to that terrible matchup....i still won that one fortunately.

I will never do that shiz again!

:goodposting:

:shrug:

:wall:

I entered MNF up 51 points despite the brilliant idea to start Cutler over Warner. My opponent had Brees and Lance Moore. My 51 point lead was gone by the third quarter. I end up losing by 8 points. My decision to sit Warner for Cutler cost me 9. I'm no longer in a position for a first-round bye in the playoffs. I think its about time I go kill something.

Users who are viewing this thread