What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Week 12*** Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

I put a claim in for Perine but doubt I get him.  Considering Booker as a fall back.  Non-ppr.  Seems like he is getting more opportunities and the schedule is favorable down the stretch.  I just don't know if I can trust that offense and who knows which RB Musgrave will want to primarily  use going forward. 
I think he'll use the best receiver out of the backfield. They need it now and he has a QB mind.
Mixon has 37 receptions at OU last year while Samaje had 12. He did well taking a flare last week but dropped a screen pass. Marshall from the PS will be learning the CT role on the fly. Perine is clearly going to the GL back even if they sign someone off the street.

If they go with Peterman the coach should be fired on the spot. Even a 3rd grader would be able to figure out how stupid that would be.
He's pushing all in with a pair of 2s. The funny thing is he wasn't he even short stacked to take the risk.

It's incredibly foolish to hitch your wagon to a 5th round rookie QB. Career over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Show your work and we can have a conversation.

Rodgers is eligible to return Week 15.

He will have his first test of bone healing until six weeks after injury, about Wk 13. At this point doctors will determine whether he can resume throwing.

In most cases, bones will be about 80% healed. Bone won't heal 100% until several months later. That's what the plates are for.

But no one will know anything until after the first bone healing test is done so it is all speculation based on past recovery timetables until Wk 13.

I've got multiple sources, including an interview with your boy Chao, but unfortunately only time to post one...

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2017/11/04/dougherty-aaron-rodgers-recovery-outlook-brighter-than-packers-playoff-hopes/831823001/
Hey jack-off,

We can have different opinions. "My boy" Chao said LAST NIGHT on MNF periscope that rodgers is an extreme longshot to play week 15 based off of multiple factors and 50/50 to play week 16 health wise. If you wanna post some article from 2-3 weeks ago, congrats. 

If you'd like to wager on rodgers playing week 15. I would be happy too. Name your price. 

Hey jack-off,

We can have different opinions. "My boy" Chao said LAST NIGHT on MNF periscope that rodgers is an extreme longshot to play week 15 based off of multiple factors and 50/50 to play week 16 health wise. If you wanna post some article from 2-3 weeks ago, congrats. 

If you'd like to wager on rodgers playing week 15. I would be happy too. Name your price. 
Don't do this. 

There is no way Peterman is really being considered.  Right? 
Hey, Elway was 1-8 with an interception in his first game. He even lined up under the wrong lineman on one play.  Stafford threw 3 picks in his debut.  Bradshaw went 4-16 in his first game.  Everyone has a bad day, and some of the best have had a bad first game.

Agree that the leash will likely be short, but if you really feel this is your long term guy you've got to ride the rough waters until you get to the promised land.

Hey, Elway was 1-8 with an interception in his first game. He even lined up under the wrong lineman on one play.  Stafford threw 3 picks in his debut.  Bradshaw went 4-16 in his first game.  Everyone has a bad day, and some of the best have had a bad first game.

Agree that the leash will likely be short, but if you really feel this is your long term guy you've got to ride the rough waters until you get to the promised land.
& Peyton had a not so hot rookie year. ;)

The packers also play TB before Rodgers is scheduled to come back. They are 5-5 right now, they will lose to the Steelers, but they will beat Cleveland and Tampa Bay to go 7-6, even if they win against only Cleveland, Rodgers can win them 3 games and go 9-7. Rodgers is a grab, if you are a team with the playoffs locked.

Start thinking about that week 14 defense if you are streaming.

Deciding in ppr, need a tight end between Rudolph or Doyle. Leaning Rudolph 
I believe I saw some numbers earlier this year that Rudolph benefitted the most when Diggs was out. He's playing on Thursday, but will likely see Slay in shadow coverage. I wonder if Rudolph could benefit from that as well.

The packers also play TB before Rodgers is scheduled to come back. They are 5-5 right now, they will lose to the Steelers, but they will beat Cleveland and Tampa Bay to go 7-6, even if they win against only Cleveland, Rodgers can win them 3 games and go 9-7. Rodgers is a grab, if you are a team with the playoffs locked.

Green bay isn't guaranteed to beat anyone with Huntley in there... I could see Tampa and Cleveland winning those games

Pete Carroll said it is unlikely Mike Davis plays this week. So there goes that. He certainly would have been a promising add this week vs his old team. 

As it stands the Hawks will likely start Lacy again. :yucky:  But the only back with any value is McKissic in PPR.

I don't think the Hawks will let McKissic run too often but he may see 12 touches again and against a weak D who especially struggles against pass catching backs he might be a decent streamer.

I really like Crowder, and surprisingly he's available in one league.  Is he worth dropping Jamaal Williams or Woodhead in standard redraft?

I really like Crowder, and surprisingly he's available in one league.  Is he worth dropping Jamaal Williams or Woodhead in standard redraft?
Woodhead yes. Collins is the clear lead back there, For Jamaal it depends on the status of Montgomery. If Montgomery is out again Jamaal has quite a bit of value.

Byron Marshall may be worth a roster spot until we see how Washington copes with the loss of Thompson. Even if they claimed or sign a new RB, it's unlikely that guy would be better prepared than Marshall to play right away.

Mike Davis in Seattle looked the best a RB has looked since Carson got hurt. Called up from the practice squad and then starting immediately is a very positive sign IMO. Davis left last night with a groin injury, but supposedly vowed to be ready to face his former team on Sunday.
Davis has already been ruled out for next week but I think him leaving with a groin injury is going to keep him under the radar and allow me to acquire him for cheaper. I wouldn't add him in normal sized leagues but I'm going to be adding him in deeper leagues. Hopefully the groin injury isn't too serious though.

No way I can find it but someone was touting Doctson in week 3 or 4 when he had a total of like 2 catches on the season.  Here's to you, Mr. random internet poster I don't remember.

Give me Crowder over Doctson. Docston is going to get Jenkins next week, Hayward in week 14 and PP in week 15. Crowder gets better WR/CB match-ups outside of week 16 vs. Chris Harris Jr.

Give me Crowder over Doctson. Docston is going to get Jenkins next week, Hayward in week 14 and PP in week 15. Crowder gets better WR/CB match-ups outside of week 16 vs. Chris Harris Jr.
PFF has Janoris Jenkins ranked CB57 this year. Surprised he’s that high, dude has been half-assing it.

Okay then forget about Jenkins. What about him having to face off against Hayward, PP and some combination of Roby and Talib in the playoffs? Can you really feel comfortable starting him in any of those weeks?
I don’t own him. Doctson is on my wire but won’t bid - he’s not going to outperform Funchess, Smith-Schuster, or Woods when healthy. If I really want a WTH Flex to pair with Allen & Cooks I’ll roll with Parker Weeks 14 or 16.

But to answer your question, the Chargers, Cardinals, and Broncos are all tough matchups in his remaining 5 FF weeks.

9-7 isn't making the playoffs this year. 

Who's a better option to pick up ROS in PPR, Crowder or Coleman? I hate Crowder's lack of consistency this year. On the other hand, I'm not very confident in anyone in Cleveland's offense.

I’m going after Pittsburgh. They were dropped on bye the week before last.  They get GB at home this week then Balt at home Week 14.  Then @Hou week 16. 

What is the status of Aaron Jones, RB Green Bay? Could impact the discussion of J Williams.

I bet Rodgers doesn't rtn.  If he does he gets @ car and vs mn.  Ouch
Agreed but only to a point on the matchups.

Brees and Wentz each hung 3 TD's on CAR. Brady 300/2.

MIN hasn't faced too many elite QB's. Cousins threw for 327 just a couple weeks ago. Big Ben and Brees were respectable Wks 1&2.

Agreed but only to a point on the matchups.

Brees and Wentz each hung 3 TD's on CAR. Brady 300/2.

MIN hasn't faced too many elite QB's. Cousins threw for 327 just a couple weeks ago. Big Ben and Brees were respectable Wks 1&2.
None of those guys was coming off a 2 month layoff.  I just don't think it's worth the risk

Users who are viewing this thread