What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Week 12*** Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Show your work and we can have a conversation.

Rodgers is eligible to return Week 15.

He will have his first test of bone healing until six weeks after injury, about Wk 13. At this point doctors will determine whether he can resume throwing.

In most cases, bones will be about 80% healed. Bone won't heal 100% until several months later. That's what the plates are for.

But no one will know anything until after the first bone healing test is done so it is all speculation based on past recovery timetables until Wk 13.

I've got multiple sources, including an interview with your boy Chao, but unfortunately only time to post one...

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2017/11/04/dougherty-aaron-rodgers-recovery-outlook-brighter-than-packers-playoff-hopes/831823001/
Mathematically eliminated or not it would be BONE HEADED for the Packers to expose Rodgers to injury this season.  He is the franchise at this point in time and that was a potentially serious injury to his throwing shoulder.

The packers also play TB before Rodgers is scheduled to come back. They are 5-5 right now, they will lose to the Steelers, but they will beat Cleveland and Tampa Bay to go 7-6, even if they win against only Cleveland, Rodgers can win them 3 games and go 9-7. Rodgers is a grab, if you are a team with the playoffs locked.

Start thinking about that week 14 defense if you are streaming.
I saw someone pencil them in for a win over the Ravens last week too.  Just sayin...

What are the forums thoughts on deep league backups like Byron Marshall and Travaris Cadet? Given their schedule, they could have legitimate RB2 upside if an injury goes down.

Assuming Perine is gone already, I am thinking more and more that Devontae Booker is the add of the week at RB.

The Broncos have all plus matchups left for RB's except the Jets game.

Booker's snap count was way up last week.

59.3% for Booker, 35.8% for Anderson and only 4.9% for Jamaal Charles.

It looks like the Jamaal Charles experiment is over in Denver so the 3 headed monster is down to 2 and Booker is the lead man. Booker also looks to be the best overall back right now and has clearly taken over the as the passing back over Charles.

It makes sense too for the Broncos to see if Booker can be a feature back right now. Charles is on a one year contract and  Anderson has a very expensive contract with no guaranteed money after this year so he may be cut.

If will be interesting to see what Bill Musgrave has to say tomorrow and what his stance is on the running backs going forward. 

Shame about the Davis groin injury - he looked good to me. Hopefully it's a one week thing. 

For deeper PPR/dynasty I'm taking a look at DJ Foster this week, with Ellington released. He caught a couple of passes last week and if David Johnson isn't coming back and they make some personnel changes to see what young guys have, maybe they give Foster more work, especially with their WR situation. 

Josh Reynolds is a bit interesting with Woods out, but it's hard to see him making an impact. 

Assuming Perine is gone already, I am thinking more and more that Devontae Booker is the add of the week at RB.

The Broncos have all plus matchups left for RB's except the Jets game.

Booker's snap count was way up last week.

59.3% for Booker, 35.8% for Anderson and only 4.9% for Jamaal Charles.

It looks like the Jamaal Charles experiment is over in Denver so the 3 headed monster is down to 2 and Booker is the lead man. Booker also looks to be the best overall back right now and has clearly taken over the as the passing back over Charles.

It makes sense too for the Broncos to see if Booker can be a feature back right now. Charles is on a one year contract and  Anderson has a very expensive contract with no guaranteed money after this year so he may be cut.

If will be interesting to see what Bill Musgrave has to say tomorrow and what his stance is on the running backs going forward. 
Not to mention that Booker is so much better than CJ. He's my plan B this week if Perine gets got.

12 team league - with only 4 bench spots.

Start Q-R-W-T-F-F-K-D

I guess I'm looking for lottery tickets. 

Leaning Murray or Henry.  Crowder would rarely hit my lineup unless injury or he starts to go off.

Washington passing matchups look rough I believe.
Join a different league.

Sitting at the #1 waiver position. An owner cut Collins last week to activate Woodhead. Is Collins worth the no. 1 ww claim? What about Booker?

Sitting at the #1 waiver position. An owner cut Collins last week to activate Woodhead. Is Collins worth the no. 1 ww claim? What about Booker?
Collins over Booker. Collins is getting the early down work while Booker is splitting carries.

Spent 50% of my remaining FAAB to land Perine. Bid 20% on Murray but lost by $2 to the guy I’m playing this week.

Guys are asleep in my leagues

League one

Got Bryant dropped Elliott

Was able to get stills after waivers, dropped Inman

League 2

Got perine after waivers.  Dropped burkhead

think i may start perine over dez at flex

Who was penciling in GB to beat a playoff caliber team with an elite defense with a backup QB? Its more reasonable to assume they could beat a winless team and a very bad Tampa team then the Ravens. But if you dont want Rodgers, dont pick him up.

He was arrested before his first start...not sure when the team knew about it
He might have been the last man standing at that point with Montgomery and Williams hurt, so perhaps they had no choice. That said, the team did stick with Jones until he got hurt, so maybe they looked past it. We'll see if they do if he gets criminally charged.

Lost out on Doctson but I never put a serious bid for him (don't like his schedule facing #1 CBs), did pick up Boswell as Elliot insurance.

Okay then forget about Jenkins. What about him having to face off against Hayward, PP and some combination of Roby and Talib in the playoffs? Can you really feel comfortable starting him in any of those weeks?
I remember a guy in my league benched TY Hilton against Joe Hayden once..burned him bad...people over think stuff. While I wouldn't say you ignore matchups...doctson had been getting the targets and producing well lately

Users who are viewing this thread