What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.
Let's kick off Week 14!

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week:
I went 49-31-5 in my calls and it was a rough week for the coin toss with 35-45-5

On the season I am: 311-242-32 and the coin toss is 253-300-32

On to Week 14!

I'll start.

Super-Flex PPR, looking for my 2nd flex (QB/WR/TE/RB)
Tyler Huntley @ PIT
Mike White @ BUF
Gus Edwards @ PIT
Latavius Murray v KC
Jameson Williams v MIN
Courtland Sutton v KC

Leaning Huntley ATM

I'll start.

Tyler Huntley @ PIT
Mike White @ BUF
Gus Edwards @ PIT
Latavius Murray v KC
Jameson Williams v MIN
Courtland Sutton v KC

Leaning Huntley ATM
Was it last year that Huntley was the darling of ww pickups? I was so excited to use a running QB that passed as well as jackson it seemed. He had one blow up game(the first one I think) then absolutely nothing. He looked lost and confused after that and cost many of us games that were needed to get into the playoffs. It might have been 2 years ago. Anyway it would be hard for me to trust him again. Or am I mis-remembering?

Big week, need win to be sure to be in. Losing Watson to bye and i'm going to assume Walker is likely to not play as well. So, my starters are CMAC and AJ Brown. Need 2 more, standard scoring:

T.Lockett vs Panthers - almost a lock, just too consistent to not use him though I did end up benching him last week for Watson
G.Edwards @ Steelers - nah, probably not, looked like he was splitting with Drake and Huntley runs too
D.Foreman @ Seahawks - solid choice, Seattle were bad against the run earlier in the season but might be better now
JSS @ Broncos - targets a bit too low for my liking
M.Brown vs Patriots - tough-ish matchup
Walker or Dallas/Homer vs Panthers (assuming Walker out) - no idea
C.Akers vs Raiders - good matchup, looked decent last week

I'll start.

Tyler Huntley @ PIT
Mike White @ BUF
Gus Edwards @ PIT
Latavius Murray v KC
Jameson Williams v MIN
Courtland Sutton v KC

Leaning Huntley ATM
Was it last year that Huntley was the darling of ww pickups? I was so excited to use a running QB that passed as well as jackson it seemed. He had one blow up game(the first one I think) then absolutely nothing. He looked lost and confused after that and cost many of us games that were needed to get into the playoffs. It might have been 2 years ago. Anyway it would be hard for me to trust him again. Or am I mis-remembering?
He has one monster game against Green Bay 215 & 2 TD passing plus 73 yards & 2 TD rushing. In his other four starts he had one TD pass, 0 rush TDs, 4 INT averaging 207 pass yards & 53 rush yards.

Big week, need win to be sure to be in. Losing Watson to bye and i'm going to assume Walker is likely to not play as well. So, my starters are CMAC and AJ Brown. Need 2 more, standard scoring:

T.Lockett vs Panthers - almost a lock, just too consistent to not use him though I did end up benching him last week for Watson
G.Edwards @ Steelers - nah, probably not, looked like he was splitting with Drake and Huntley runs too
D.Foreman @ Seahawks - solid choice, Seattle were bad against the run earlier in the season but might be better now
JSS @ Broncos - targets a bit too low for my liking
M.Brown vs Patriots - tough-ish matchup
Walker or Dallas/Homer vs Panthers (assuming Walker out) - no idea
C.Akers vs Raiders - good matchup, looked decent last week
How can you bench Lockett at this point? I mean, all streaks end but he has a TD in 5 consecutive games and, as last week showed is still capable of a monster. If Walker is out that probably benefits him as the Seahawks may need to pass more.

Obviously you need to monitor Walker but if he's out I almost certainly roll the dice on Donta Foreman against that soft, soft Seahawks rush defense. They certainly are NOT a better run defense now than earlier. They have given up big games to Javonte, Cordarrelle, Jamaal Williams, Kamara, Saquon & Cam Akers and they gave up monsters to Ekeler & Jacobs. In five games as a starter Foreman averages 20 touches, has 3 100+ rush games and is averaging 4.5 a carry. He had two low carry games, which is definitely a concern because if Seattle starts to blow the Panthers out they could abandon the run.

If you were a PPR league I would make a case for Marquise or JuJu but you're not and so it is tough to get excited about either.

Pass on Akers. The Raiders are playing better ATM, they held Ekeler/Kelley to 17 for 65 & Kenneth Walker to 14 for 26 the last two weeks. And Akers could barely manage 3.5 ypc against a Seahawks team that gives up 4.9 per carry.

Pass on Gus too. Baltimore backfield is simply a disaster and has been all year.

Lockett>Foreman>Marquise>JuJu>Akers>Gus

0.5 PPR

Pick 3:

Waddle @ LAC
Wilson Jr @ LAC
Evans @ SF
Connor vs NE
Stevenson @ Ari
G. Wilson @ Buff

Leaning Connor, Stevenson & G. Wilson (maybe weather dependent?). Waddle and Wilson Jr no-showing last week was rough. Evans not getting looks. On the flip side it seems like RS is a lock every week with PPR volume and Connor has shown a nose for the RZ.

D. Watson vs. Huntley and the rest of the waiver fodder? Basically, can Watson improve sufficiently in a week to be startable?

0.5 PPR

Pick 3:

Waddle @ LAC
Wilson Jr @ LAC
Evans @ SF
Connor vs NE
Stevenson @ Ari
G. Wilson @ Buff

Leaning Connor, Stevenson & G. Wilson (maybe weather dependent?). Waddle and Wilson Jr no-showing last week was rough. Evans not getting looks. On the flip side it seems like RS is a lock every week with PPR volume and Connor has shown a nose for the RZ.
Well, there is no shame in being a no-show against that Niner defense, which is why I agree with sitting Evans this week.

As much as I want to be a Conner truther, it's impossible to deny he gets opportunities and has a real nose for the end zone. But, it's also a very tough matchup for RBs. The Patriots are top rush defense unlike, say the Chargers who give up the most yards/carry (5.4) in the league, the Pats give up 4.2 (T-8). But the Pats are bipolar and the Cardinals always seem to bring enough offense to make games interesting so Conner is a decent start.

I still like Jeff Wilson but I may be the only one who does. I give him a Mulligan for the Texans game (that game was over before the coin toss) and you could not have paid me to start him against the Niners last week. But what I did not like was Wilson getting 37% of the snap share compared to 61% for Mostert. WTH are we supposed to do with this kind of information? Even though he has a great matchup, I do understand there is plenty of uncertainty.

Stevenson is an auto start on almost all rosters in all formats, but he gets a big bump in any PPR formats.

Really this comes down to Waddle v Wilson. The way White locks in on Wilson makes him a very solid start plus the Bills & Chargers have similar pass defenses. Although the Bills create more INTs and have more sacks and they give up 8.5 fewer points per game (that last one is a very big deal IMO). The biggest concern here, aside from the possibility of wind is the disastrous performance White had the last time he faced Buffalo. But that was a year ago so how can you put a ton of stock in it?

Waddle's target numbers have been very up and down all year but up until last week he has been a reliable performer and he has as much upside as any player in the game. Throw in a very good QB and a plus matchup in good weather and there is a lot to like.

It's very close for me between Waddle & G.Wilson because of the matchups. I could easily flip flop on this one a few times. (I could also see putting J.Wilson in over Conner but probably not).

Stevenson>Conner>Waddle>G.Wilson>J.Wilson>Evans

D. Watson vs. Huntley and the rest of the waiver fodder? Basically, can Watson improve sufficiently in a week to be startable?
Well, I guess Watson can't get much worse so, sure.

If the choice is between him and Huntley, it's surprisingly close IMO. I probably wait another week on Watson.

Cincinnati gives up 40 fewer yards than the Steelers and less than half as many pass TDs on the season (11 to 24). The Steelers give up a higher completion %, more Y/A and a better passer rating.

I know Deshaun will eventually return to form (at least I think I know) but after what we saw last week it may take more than a couple weeks for that to happen.

Huntley>Watson

In standard, Swift vs Minny or Foreman @ Seattle?
Since it isn't PPR Swift loses some of his advantage as he gets a lot of action as a receiver.

These were my thoughts on Foreman above
Donta Foreman against that soft, soft Seahawks rush defense. They certainly are NOT a better run defense now than earlier. They have given up big games to Javonte, Cordarrelle, Jamaal Williams, Kamara, Saquon & Cam Akers and they gave up monsters to Ekeler & Jacobs. In five games as a starter Foreman averages 20 touches, has 3 100+ rush games and is averaging 4.5 a carry. He had two low carry games, which is definitely a concern because if Seattle starts to blow the Panthers out they could abandon the run.
I definitely have concern that Seattle offense is good enough to force the Panthers to abandon the run but not enough for me to allow that concern to impact what I think should be a quality start from Foreman.

Swift does appear to be rising. He had 20 opportunities, 18 touches, 111 yards and a TD last week, that's all RB#1 stuff. Minnesota isn't as bad as Seattle vs the run but they're not very good either. And Detroit also is the #5 scoring offense in the league (26.3 ppg) scoring 7 points more per game than the Panthers (19.2). They're even better at home where they average 32 ppg They lead the league in 30+ point games with 6. I also don't think there are necessarily a ton of mouths to feed in Detroit. It's ARSB, Jamaal & Swift everyone else is fighting for the scraps after that. Swift also hasn't been as bad as the perception. He has been bad relative to being drafted as a RB#1 on many rosters but even in the three games prior to playing the Jags Swift still managed 87 yards and 2 TDs on 24 touches over three games. Not great by any stretch but his ability to score on limited opportunities gives him a reasonable floor and if his touches continue to trend around 15+ it's difficult not to get excited about him.

It's close and you should go with your gut but they have similar floors and I like Swifts ability to make something happen on one play a little more than Foreman so:
Swift>Foreman

0.5 PPR need a flex:

Evans @ SF
Pierce @ Dal
DeSmith @ NYG

Thanks!
I think it has to be DeVonta, right?

Phili is the #2 scoring offense in the league, while Houston is #31 & TB #27.

The Giants are the #12 scoring defense while San Francisco is #1 & Dallas is #3.

Evans has been a disaster, Pierce may have plateaued and the Giants are struggling to hold on.

This one seems pretty clear IMO:

DeVonta>Pierce>Evans

full PPR with bonus for long (40+) plays & TDs

WR (pick 2):
  • Hollywood v NE
  • Mike Williams v MIA
  • Pickens v BAL
RB/Flex (2):
  • Deejay Dallas v CAR
  • James Cook v NYJ
  • Bam Knight at BUF

12-team 0.5 PPR, need a flex.

Currently have Mack Hollins in there with a good matchup against Rams (Ramsey on Adams?)

But I also have Fournette (at SFO) or MVS (at DEN) available to slide in there.

And I guess while we're at it - is Fournette a better option than McKinnon this week?

So I guess it's a "pick two" out of Hollins, McKinnon, Fournette and MVS. Keep in mind I am already starting Pacheco at RB1. Yes I am decrepit at RB.

Absolutely a must-win against the #1 team in the league. I think I did the math right and if I lose I'm out of the playoffs.

Decide by Thursday.
FFPC scoring:
Need a Flex:

J.Williams vs Minn
M.Hollins @ LAR(Thursday)

QB decision (Need to win to get into the big dance) - 1 Per 25, 4 pt tds, 2 pt bonus on tds over 40 yards and 2 point bonus for 300 yd games

On my Roster:
D Watson @ Cin
T Brady @ SF

Free Agents (Would need to drop either of the above QBs to make room):
Goff vs Min (my opponent is starting ASB)
Huntley @ Bal

full PPR with bonus for long (40+) plays & TDs

WR (pick 2):
  • Hollywood v NE
  • Mike Williams v MIA
  • Pickens v BAL
RB/Flex (2):
  • Deejay Dallas v CAR
  • James Cook v NYJ
  • Bam Knight at BUF
WR: Marquise seems like a must start in a PPR. Tough matchup but he is the only one who is both healthy and a significant part of his teams passing offense.

Between Williams and Pickens it's a bit of a coin toss. I feel burned by Williams personally after his knee injury last season he essentially disappeared RoS. It makes me think that anything less than a 100% Williams is J.A.G. Seeing reports yesterday that Williams "may" or "could" practice is enough to convince me to roll the dice on the healthy rookie who is carping for the ball.

Marquise>Pickens>M.Williams

RB: I think we need to wait for practice reports on this one even then it's a bit of a coin flip. If Walker is out will Dallas simply slide into the lead role? Does Homer fit in anywhere? And they are both injured as well (ankle & knee respectively). And, IIRC, the Seahawks added a PS RB this week, didn't they? Doesn't bode well for the group as a whole.

Cook got his touches last week in what wasn't a very close game. I like that Cook was the primary back on the Bills 2nd drive when they were down 3-7. He got five opportunities on that drive, he got four more opportunities in what appeared to be a full split on the next drive that put the Bills on the path to an easy win. I think that is significant because it suggests he may not simply be a closer in blowouts. But it's also only a single data point and if you look at the very competitive game with the Lions the week before, Cook was in on only 14 snaps compared to 60 for Singletary. This Jets game could be a blowout or it could be a nail biter, there is no way to get much of a read on it ATM.

If Michael Carter comes back it obviously clouds Zonovan's projections but he seems to have earned at least a decent two down role and maybe some goal line work as well. It's a rough matchup for sure. The Bills have a top 5 rush defense and top 5 scoring defense. If they roll the Jets do we think Zonovan will get scripted out? Honestly I have no idea. But the good news is when the Jets were rallying down 14 to start the 2nd half, Zonovan remained the primary RB and he ended the game with 5 targets. I like that but, IMO, if Carter is active the late game rally, receiving RB opportunities will end up with Carter.

I would repost on Friday but right now I think:
Cook>Zonovan>Dallas

Have a bye week clinched-- play the other division champ. If I outscore him by 23 (unlikely), I would win the regular season crown & that $$ is pretty good!!

Fields is on bye- Need a QB
4 point passing TDs
6 point rushing TDs
25 pass yards= 1 point
10 rush yards= 1 point
2 point bonus @ 300 passing/100 rushing

Brady @ SF
Huntley @ PIT
Jones vs Philly
Tannahill vs Jax
White @ Buffalo

None of the matchups are very good. Just dying to pick the right play who can get me 17-22 points??

Anyone have a gut feel on this? I currently have Huntley starting and brady on my bench (Still like the Arizona/Carolina playoff matchups as fields insurance)

12-team 0.5 PPR, need a flex.

Currently have Mack Hollins in there with a good matchup against Rams (Ramsey on Adams?)

But I also have Fournette (at SFO) or MVS (at DEN) available to slide in there.

And I guess while we're at it - is Fournette a better option than McKinnon this week?

So I guess it's a "pick two" out of Hollins, McKinnon, Fournette and MVS. Keep in mind I am already starting Pacheco at RB1. Yes I am decrepit at RB.

Absolutely a must-win against the #1 team in the league. I think I did the math right and if I lose I'm out of the playoffs.
I have trouble recommending any RB against that 49er defense. They aren't just the best rush defense, they're the best by a wide margin. Ditto for scoring. I know the "Brady's Back Baby!!!" movement is in full effect after Monday's night but the Bucs are still a bad offense and had been held to 3 points for 56 minutes & 50 seconds before that miracle rally (aided by the Zebras alligator arming their flags for the Bucs o-line). Brady may indeed be back and the Bucs may indeed be ready to start some kind of miracle run but until they show it on the field for more than 3:10, I am not confident in them on a short week, cross country trip against the best defense in the NFL. Starting Fournette is hoping for a goal line TD and not much more, he's also in a 60:40 timeshare but at least the Bucs are willing to use him as a receiver out of the backfield. Seven targets on Monday was nice.

MVS is a one trick pony who isn't a regular starter on his team. He averages 4 targets/game over his last 6 with 2-54 as his average stat line. The yardage isn't terrible but his floor is 1-18

Hollins may not be great but he is getting 7 targets/game over his last six averaging 4-42, his floor isn't much better than MVS's though at 2-18. Hollins gets a shade more usage inside the 10 but it's not much to go on.

I don't think I can recommend Jerick in what should be an easy win for KC. I have no idea what the game flow will be but I am confident in a KC win, which may limit McKinnon's opps if KC is playing with any kind of lead.

Yeah, this is a tough call. I hate the Fournette matchup but have real hesitation to suggest Hollins as anything other that a dart throw. I mean, I guess you want the guy who may get 17 touches even in a terrible matchup, right? IDK. Wish I could be more helpful.

Fournette>Hollins>MVS>McKinnon

12-team IDP. Fields on a BYE, a win locks up the 1-seed, and ability to pick my playoff opponent.

Would you start Brady @ SF (including rain & wind) or roll the dice with Tyler Huntley @ PIT (also rain).

Currently have Brady in. Feels like a higher floor.

12-team IDP. Fields on a BYE, a win locks up the 1-seed, and ability to pick my playoff opponent.

Would you start Brady @ SF (including rain & wind) or roll the dice with Tyler Huntley @ PIT (also rain).

I'd go Huntley. Pittsburgh's defense is....not great. Plus, Huntley is exactly the kind of dude who historically makes the Tomlin Era Steelers his kitty: Scrub backup coming in due to an injury to a far superior starter, proceeds to look like a world beater against a Tomlin defense.

Not sure his rush potential doesn't give him the higher floor either, given matchup.

Wheels falling off of it for this squad this week, I'm afraid. 12 team, .5 PPR. Walker injury and Taylor bye are pretty much gutting my RBs in a must win scenario. Have to start two of...

Pachecho@Den
White@SF
Mason@TB
J.Cook@NYJ

I figure Pachecho is pretty much the only "must" from that group, all things considered. Hate, hate, HATE both White and Cook's matchups and have absolutely zero trust that Mason gets anything more than table scraps.

Have White in at RB2 the moment, due to his involvement as a pass catcher more than anything, but all these guys feel like they're likely to underperform. Blah.

Wheels falling off of it for this squad this week, I'm afraid. 12 team, .5 PPR. Walker injury and Taylor bye are pretty much gutting my RBs in a must win scenario. Have to start two of...

Pachecho@Den
White@SF
Mason@TB
J.Cook@NYJ
Love what I saw of White in the receiving game week 13, and SF hasn’t been particularly great at containing RBs who can catch the ball out of the backfield. Good, but there’s some room there, so he’s my 1st choice of your guys.

Same for Cook, who is also in a tough matchup, but whose expanded role gives him some juice here.

That said, I really like Pacheco, despite an on-paper tough matchup. I expect KC to get way up in this game, which should keep Pacheco on the field a lot more than last week.

Pacheco+White. Final answer.

Have a bye week clinched-- play the other division champ. If I outscore him by 23 (unlikely), I would win the regular season crown & that $$ is pretty good!!

Fields is on bye- Need a QB
4 point passing TDs
6 point rushing TDs
25 pass yards= 1 point
10 rush yards= 1 point
2 point bonus @ 300 passing/100 rushing

Brady @ SF
Huntley @ PIT
Jones vs Philly
Tannahill vs Jax
White @ Buffalo

None of the matchups are very good. Just dying to pick the right play who can get me 17-22 points??

Anyone have a gut feel on this? I currently have Huntley starting and brady on my bench (Still like the Arizona/Carolina playoff matchups as fields insurance)
I imagine Huntley is going to be in a lot of people's minds this week.

I almost immediately am going to rule out Brady, bad offense, short week, cross country vs the best defense in the league.

Also not loving Tannehill. Low volume, not sure if Burks is available and Henry is always a threat to take over a game.

Jones is probably the best mix of ceiling and floor. His running really opens up scoring opportunities and I think he is probably a better passer overall than Huntley (more experienced at least) and he's playing the #2 scoring offense in the NFL so, if you're lucky the Giants will have to try and keep up.

I am not sure what to think about Huntley. He can run very well but is an inconsistent passer, particularly with TD efficiency. The Ravens offense hasn't been particularly compelling either. Throw in an opponent that never quits and can make games ugly and I'm wondering if people should bet the under.

White is another consideration because he can definitely put up yardage but he is very hit or miss with his TDs and he doesn't bring the running element. A bet on him is total speculation and after a two INT performance last week I think we all wonder if there is another meltdown coming like happened last season against the Bills.

Yeah, not a lot to go on here but for me:

D.Jones>Huntley>White>Brady>Tannehill

I almost immediately am going to rule out Brady, bad offense, short week, cross country vs the best defense in the league.

I am not sure what to think about Huntley. He can run very well but is an inconsistent passer, particularly with TD efficiency. The Ravens offense hasn't been particularly compelling either. Throw in an opponent that never quits and can make games ugly and I'm wondering if people should bet the under.
I still like Huntley over Brady simply because he can run and he faces a lesser opponent. The Steelers give up almost 50 more pass yards and 7 more points per game than the Niners. They give up 7.6 y/a (6.9 for the Niners), 24 pass TDs (11 for SF), and they have 14 INT & 23 sacks (12 & 36 for SF).

The matchup is simply better, it's significantly better.

Eventually maybe, possibly Brady will be Brady again for more than 3 minutes & 10 seconds but in week 13 I need to see that actually happen before I trot him out there against the best defense in the league.

Hutnley>Brady

Pachecho@Den
White@SF
Mason@TB
J.Cook@NYJ

I figure Pachecho is pretty much the only "must" from that group, all things considered. Hate, hate, HATE both White and Cook's matchups and have absolutely zero trust that Mason gets anything more than table scraps.

Have White in at RB2 the moment, due to his involvement as a pass catcher more than anything, but all these guys feel like they're likely to underperform. Blah.
Agree on Pacheco. He's the only one who should see 15 touches (maybe more) after that I probably eliminate Mason right away. His involvement is far too speculative to rely on.

White has the toughest matchup and is apparently in a 40:60 timeshare with Fournette.

Cook also has a tough matchup and is in a more variable timeshare. It may be 50:50 like last week or it may be 80:20 like the week before. No way of knowing how it will break down at this point.

I think, ultimately, the Bills will win and the Bucs will lose their respective games. Unfortunately for White, Fournette is also heavily involved in the passing game so there is no guarantee he is going to benefit from any 2 or 4 minute drill packages. Fournette was in the drive that started at 5:21 left in the 4th and led to the first score in the comeback. And Fournette split time with White on the game winning drive.

So, what does it all mean? I have no earthly idea. White, even in a loss and a 40% timeshare still saw 17 opportunities on Monday. I like Cook and think maybe he has played himself into more of a role in every game and not just the blowouts but we just don't have the data to back it up yet. So...:

White>Cook

Flex: Elijah Moore vs Bills; or, Raheem Mostert vs Chargers?

Looking for the highest ceiling this week as I need to beat team A by 30 points, and team B by 5 points, to make the playoffs, so I'm looking for the highest ceiling.

Speaking of highest ceilings, there's nothing to see with regards with Dak's matchup vs the Texans, as opposed to sticking with Joe Cool vs the Browns, is there? I'm 98% in on Burrow, but I'll listen to persuasive opinions.

Down bad this week without Olave, Watson, or Montgomery.

Flex Spot: 1PPR, 6/TD

Pickens (vs. BAL)
-or-
DJ Chark (vs. MIN)

Pickens coming off a 2-target game (scary)

Chark showing a bit of chemistry with Goff. 98 yards last week, 11 targets over last 2 weeks.

Flex: Elijah Moore vs Bills; or, Raheem Mostert vs Chargers?

Looking for the highest ceiling this week as I need to beat team A by 30 points, and team B by 5 points, to make the playoffs, so I'm looking for the highest ceiling.

Speaking of highest ceilings, there's nothing to see with regards with Dak's matchup vs the Texans, as opposed to sticking with Joe Cool vs the Browns, is there? I'm 98% in on Burrow, but I'll listen to persuasive opinions.
Flip a coin. Seriously, there is not much to go on with those two. Bottom line is Mostert got more usage last week and faces the lesser defense and the Chargers offense is good enough to keep the Miami offense pushing for four quarters. It is absolutely possible J. Wilson gets 20 touches and Mostert 3 but based on what we have seen so far Mostert has the clearer path to relevance.

Mostert>Moore

I won't talk you into Dak. That game could be over by the time they flip the coin. No reason to think the Cowboys won't be able to run 40 times and rest their guys at some point. Cinci could roll the Browns but that offense runs through Burrow not Mixon & Perine. If they blow out the Browns it's likely because Burrow did a lot of good things for you.

Burrow>Dak

Down bad this week without Olave, Watson, or Montgomery.

Flex Spot: 1PPR, 6/TD

Pickens (vs. BAL)
-or-
DJ Chark (vs. MIN)

Pickens coming off a 2-target game (scary)

Chark showing a bit of chemistry with Goff. 98 yards last week, 11 targets over last 2 weeks.
Pickens hasn't really had a breakout game, he has teased with some flashy plays and we all think he will be the next big thing but...will he? At the moment he doesn't feel like a reliable start on a team that scores 17.8 ppg.

It's tough to believe in Chark either if we're being honest, he has a similar floor to Pickens, but he plays for a stronger offense, Minnesota gives up more pass yardage than anyone (~35 more/game than Baltimore) and the Lions are on a bit of a roll where the Steelers are a bit more uneven.

It's not great and if you want to roll the dice on Pickens's breakout game it's understandable and you should do it but:
Chark>Pickens

Not a start-sit question, but a Who-Do-I-Drop Question (to pick up a kicker). Hope you don't mind.

It might be a moot point if Treylon Burks (Concussion) is inactive this week, because then I could put him into an IR spot and pick up the kicker. (Fortunately the Titans-Jaguars has a 1 PM Eastern start time). But assuming everyone is active on Sunday, who would I drop from this list? Full roster below, obviously some are untouchable.

Full PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 DST

These are currently my starters for Week 14
QB Tua Tagovailoa - 14 at Chargers, 15 at Bills, 16 vs Packers, 17 at Patriots
RB Nick Chubb - 14 at Bengals, 15 vs Ravens, 16 vs Saints, 17 at Commanders
RB Rhamondre Stevenson - 14 at Cardinals, 15 at Raiders, 16 vs Bengals, 17 vs Dolphins
WR/TE CeeDee Lamb - 14 vs Texans, 15 at Jaguars, 16 vs Eagles, 17 at Titans
WR/TE Joshua Palmer - 14 vs Dolphins, 15 vs Titans, 16 at Colts, 17 vs Rams (could pivot to Burks if he is healthy, or Pickens if Mike Williams puts in a FP some time this week)
WR/TE T.J. Hockenson - 14 at Lions, 15 vs Colts, 16 vs Giants, 17 at Packers
RB Tony Pollard (flex) - 14 vs Texans, 15 at Jaguars, 16 vs Eagles, 17 at Titans
DST Chiefs - 14 at Broncos, 15 at Texans, 16 vs Seahawks, 17 vs Broncos

And here is my bench for Week 14
QB Justin Fields - 14 BYE, 15 vs Eagles, 16 vs Bills, 17 at Lions
RB Rachaad White - 14 at 49ers, 15 vs Bengals, 16 at Cardinals, 17 vs Panthers
WR/TE Chris Olave - 14 BYE, 15 vs Falcons, 16 at Browns, 17 at Eagles
WR/TE Jameson Williams - 14 vs Vikings, 15 at Jets, 16 at Panthers, 17 vs Bears
WR/TE George Pickens - 14 vs Ravens, 15 at Panthers, 16 vs Raiders, 17 at Ravens
WR/TE Treylon Burks - 14 vs Jaguars, 15 at Chargers, 16 vs Texans, 17 vs Cowboys

Currently on IR - Cooper Kupp :cry:

Not a start-sit question, but a Who-Do-I-Drop Question (to pick up a kicker). Hope you don't mind.

It might be a moot point if Treylon Burks (Concussion) is inactive this week, because then I could put him into an IR spot and pick up the kicker. (Fortunately the Titans-Jaguars has a 1 PM Eastern start time). But assuming everyone is active on Sunday, who would I drop from this list? Full roster below, obviously some are untouchable.

Full PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 DST

These are currently my starters for Week 14
QB Tua Tagovailoa - 14 at Chargers, 15 at Bills, 16 vs Packers, 17 at Patriots
RB Nick Chubb - 14 at Bengals, 15 vs Ravens, 16 vs Saints, 17 at Commanders
RB Rhamondre Stevenson - 14 at Cardinals, 15 at Raiders, 16 vs Bengals, 17 vs Dolphins
WR/TE CeeDee Lamb - 14 vs Texans, 15 at Jaguars, 16 vs Eagles, 17 at Titans
WR/TE Joshua Palmer - 14 vs Dolphins, 15 vs Titans, 16 at Colts, 17 vs Rams (could pivot to Burks if he is healthy, or Pickens if Mike Williams puts in a FP some time this week)
WR/TE T.J. Hockenson - 14 at Lions, 15 vs Colts, 16 vs Giants, 17 at Packers
RB Tony Pollard (flex) - 14 vs Texans, 15 at Jaguars, 16 vs Eagles, 17 at Titans
DST Chiefs - 14 at Broncos, 15 at Texans, 16 vs Seahawks, 17 vs Broncos

And here is my bench for Week 14
QB Justin Fields - 14 BYE, 15 vs Eagles, 16 vs Bills, 17 at Lions
RB Rachaad White - 14 at 49ers, 15 vs Bengals, 16 at Cardinals, 17 vs Panthers
WR/TE Chris Olave - 14 BYE, 15 vs Falcons, 16 at Browns, 17 at Eagles
WR/TE Jameson Williams - 14 vs Vikings, 15 at Jets, 16 at Panthers, 17 vs Bears
WR/TE George Pickens - 14 vs Ravens, 15 at Panthers, 16 vs Raiders, 17 at Ravens
WR/TE Treylon Burks - 14 vs Jaguars, 15 at Chargers, 16 vs Texans, 17 vs Cowboys

Currently on IR - Cooper Kupp :cry:
Redraft, I presume.

I think you could drop any of your rookie WRs and not worry about making the wrong decision.

I probably let Jameson go because he simply isn't up to speed relative to the others. The obvious downside is the schedule looks nice (doesn't mean much IMO) and he's on the best offense of the bunch. But it's also a well realized offense where he might fit in as the third option behind ARSB & the running game, but realistically he's going to also be competing with Chark and maybe even Josh Reynolds. But that isn't terribly stuff competition and that offense can be truly dominant, at home at least.

Pickens is the other drop option IMO. He's the #2 WR but, realistically the #3 receiving option behind Diontae & Friermuth and the running game is always something Tomlin doesn't abandon. But he's been getting reps since OTAs, while Jameson is only getting his first reps. Either way Pickens doesn't seem like a must start over Olave & Burks who at least are the #1 receiving option on their teams

Either way I don't think you start Pickens or Jameson over Olave, Burks or Palmer (even if Mike Williams is back).

I probably drop Pickens but I'm already flip flopping on that a little:

Pickens>Jameson

Given Adam Theilen's history against the Lions the last few years....pull him or start him?
Chuba or Donta?
Diontae or Slayton NYG?

Given Adam Theilen's history against the Lions the last few years....pull him or start him?
Chuba or Donta?
Diontae or Slayton NYG?
PPR?

Pull him for who? Chubba? No way. That dude is straight roster churn IMO. They don't get to play the pathetic Bronco offense every week, certainly not this Sunday.

I roll D'Onta Foreman over Thielen pretty comfortably because the matchup is too good, but you risk Carolina getting blown out and abandoning the run. They've done it twice in Foreman's starts.

I guess between Slayton and Diontae I lean towards Slayton. Honestly only because I think it is more likely the Philly offense will put pressure on the Giants to keep pace and Slayton really is the entire receiving offense in NY ATM

I do like Diontae as a player, honestly he should be a no brainer choice over Slayton but the Pittsburgh passing game is simply not very good and I also think they may have a chance to control this game and grind a little (then again this is a very tough one to call, Baltimore could win by 40 for all I know).

Bottom line is I think there is a little more uncertainty blocking Diontae's path to relevance, but its slim and you should go with your gut.

Not sure if you asked one question or three so I hope this is a sufficient answer:

D'Onta>Slayton>Diontae>Thielen>Hubbard

Last edited:
Ppr

Waddle @ chargers

Or

pacheo @ den

Normally waddle but the late start and his injury is scaring me. Plus I'm a huge favorite this week

Have to start 3 WRs and benching Mike Evans for A. Cooper, J. Chase, and M. Brown. Evans just hasn't been getting it done Fantasy wise.

Need to pick 1 of these as my flex (1/2 pt PPR):
RB L. Murray vs KC
RB D. Singletary vs NYJ
RB J. Cook vs NYJ
RB J. Wilson @ LAC
WR M. Evans @ SF
WR N. Collins @ DAL
WR B. Cooks @ DAL
WR Z. Jones @ TEN

Currently have Murray starting

Have to start 3 WRs and benching Mike Evans for A. Cooper, J. Chase, and M. Brown. Evans just hasn't been getting it done Fantasy wise.

Need to pick 1 of these as my flex (1/2 pt PPR):
RB L. Murray vs KC
RB D. Singletary vs NYJ
RB J. Cook vs NYJ
RB J. Wilson @ LAC
WR M. Evans @ SF
WR N. Collins @ DAL
WR B. Cooks @ DAL
WR Z. Jones @ TEN

Currently have Murray starting

I would do the same

PPR:

need 3 RBs:

Barkley vs PHI
Pollard vs HOU

Swift vs MIN
Etienne @ TEN
R. White @ SFO

need 3 WRs:

Metcalf vs CAR
DJ Moore @ SEA

Jeudy vs KC
Gallup vs HOU
Collins @ DAL

At RB, Barkley and Pollard are in, just a matter of Swift, ETN or White. Was planning on Swift, but with the latest ankle, leaning towards ETN.

At WR, leaning Jeudy with Sutton likely out, as Russ may have to try to cook (well maybe microwave) against KC. Even if Collins is healthy and Cooks is out, can't trust him against Diggs & Co. Gallup is intriguing, but they may be running the ball all day against the Texans (see Pollard).

PPR:

need 3 RBs:

Barkley vs PHI
Pollard vs HOU

Swift vs MIN
Etienne @ TEN
R. White @ SFO

need 3 WRs:

Metcalf vs CAR
DJ Moore @ SEA

Jeudy vs KC
Gallup vs HOU
Collins @ DAL

At RB, Barkley and Pollard are in, just a matter of Swift, ETN or White. Was planning on Swift, but with the latest ankle, leaning towards ETN.

At WR, leaning Jeudy with Sutton likely out, as Russ may have to try to cook (well maybe microwave) against KC. Even if Collins is healthy and Cooks is out, can't trust him against Diggs & Co. Gallup is intriguing, but they may be running the ball all day against the Texans (see Pollard).
I think you are correct in your thinking. The ankle injury scares me with Swift because he can't stay healthy. White has a tougher matchup but is a possibility since it is PPR. ETN is probably the safest choice.
I 100% agree with your thinking on Jeudy being the best option.

Users who are viewing this thread