What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Need 2 here. PPR, normal yardage and TD league. Pick 2 Nicke Chubb, Joe Mixon, Tony Pollard .... need 2 of those 3. thanks
Flip a coin brother, you got first world problems.

Push to shove, and I can't believe I am saying this but I sit Chubb. Mixon & Pollard have much better matchups and they are both bigger receiving options. I don't have much concern about Perine or reinjury for Mixon.

Pollard>Mixon>Chubb

1/2 PPR in a must win game. Choose one

Mike Evans @ SF
Deebo vs TB
Gallop vs HOU
Tough calls. Any of them could lead the way.

Evans will most certainly see the most targets, but we all know that leads to inconsistent results. I have no information to suggest that the inconsistency is over but he is safe for volume and still has that upside.

Under the premise the Niners want to protect Purdy, Deebo is also a great option. Definite home run threat and should see at least 10 total opportunities and is used near the goal line.

We all think the Cowboys will blow out the Texans and Gallup could eat from that pie. He may still see 6 or so targets and I guess he has TD upside so, if you like the prospect of the blowout maybe roll the dice. It's just difficult to suggest that Gallup is the receiver who will eat when CeeDee and Schultz are also on board.

Definitely close and a gut call, I could see flip-flopping a bunch here:

Deebo>Evans>Gallup

I have D. Pierce sitting on the bench as well...now i'm tempted by him

PPR need Two:

MCcaffery vs TB
Rhomondre vs Ariz
Barkley vs Philly
Pollard vs Hou
Entienne vs Tenn

CMC
Rhomondre

are my favs although you are stacked!! i think CMC is going to see a ton of balls today. Rhomondre sees consistent numbers and is the pass catching back.

two leagues, both standard scoring...I have several of the same RBs in each. In what order would you rank: Zeke (Dallas), Pacheko (KC), Stevenson (NE), Conner (AZ), and Williams (Det)?
Interesting and all solid options:

Zeke for TD upside
Stevenson because too dynamic
Pacheco because best offense and Denver rush D is vulnerable
Williams because TDs
Conner because toughest matchup

Zeke>Stevenson>Pacheco>Williams>Conner

We lost power yesterday around 4:00pm and it's still out. But that's why God invented coffee shops with free wifi!!!

@Hot Sauce Guy how is the weather in the Bay Area. It's about 50 degrees, cloudy and calm with no breeze in Monterey (80 miles south of Levi's) and the forecast I see is still 52, light rain and 8 mph winds.
Free WiFi, but you must use yellow font. Weird coffee shop.

need 3 WRs:

Metcalf vs CAR
DJ Moore @ SEA

Jeudy vs KC
Gallup vs HOU
Bumping this from earlier this week no that there’s no guarantee Metcalf will be active or, if he is active, could be limited.

Have to start three of the above and no one else of note is available to pick up in the late games.

Gallup was the odd man out for fear that Dak wouldn’t be passing much.

Roll the dice with Metcalf, Moore and Jeudy, or play Gallup and sit one of Metcalf/Moore/Jeudy?

Total points league so I need to maximize points here and not risk a goose add.

TIA
PPR, right?

The FBG update says Walker & Dallas unlikely to play and Metcalf likely to play.

If you have true concern he won't play then you have your answer. I don't want to put you in a bad spot but I would probably play him and I my options to sit come down to Jeudy & Gallup.

Jeudy should see 8-11 targets and has a solid floor but I wonder if he has any serious upside. What is his TD %, 10%? 15%?

Gallup may only see 6 targets but we all expect the Cowboys to be living on the Texans side of the field so I would imagine Gallup has real TD upside.

Ultimately, between the two it's really a push but if you're looking to avoid the zero maybe Jeudy is the better play for the PPR volume. Mind you I had Sutton in the same situation and, even with the decent volume he ended up on my bench more often than not.

But if it was my team:

Metcalf>Moore>Gallup>Jeudy

We lost power yesterday around 4:00pm and it's still out. But that's why God invented coffee shops with free wifi!!!

@Hot Sauce Guy how is the weather in the Bay Area. It's about 50 degrees, cloudy and calm with no breeze in Monterey (80 miles south of Levi's) and the forecast I see is still 52, light rain and 8 mph winds.
Free WiFi, but you must use yellow font. Weird coffee shop.
Those who are late to the WDIS thread do not get Yellow Font!

need 3 WRs:

Metcalf vs CAR
DJ Moore @ SEA

Jeudy vs KC
Gallup vs HOU
Bumping this from earlier this week no that there’s no guarantee Metcalf will be active or, if he is active, could be limited.

Have to start three of the above and no one else of note is available to pick up in the late games.

Gallup was the odd man out for fear that Dak wouldn’t be passing much.

Roll the dice with Metcalf, Moore and Jeudy, or play Gallup and sit one of Metcalf/Moore/Jeudy?

Total points league so I need to maximize points here and not risk a goose add.

TIA
PPR, right?

The FBG update says Walker & Dallas unlikely to play and Metcalf likely to play.

If you have true concern he won't play then you have your answer. I don't want to put you in a bad spot but I would probably play him and I my options to sit come down to Jeudy & Gallup.

Jeudy should see 8-11 targets and has a solid floor but I wonder if he has any serious upside. What is his TD %, 10%? 15%?

Gallup may only see 6 targets but we all expect the Cowboys to be living on the Texans side of the field so I would imagine Gallup has real TD upside.

Ultimately, between the two it's really a push but if you're looking to avoid the zero maybe Jeudy is the better play for the PPR volume. Mind you I had Sutton in the same situation and, even with the decent volume he ended up on my bench more often than not.

But if it was my team:

Metcalf>Moore>Gallup>Jeudy
Good thoughts - thanks. Yes it’s PPR.

I agree just because Jeudy has no Sutton, no guarantee he’ll ball out any more than Sutton did solo. Guess I’m thinking more of his matchup vs KC where Russ may need to throw a lot, but we’ve seen how that narrative often doesn’t work either.

12 team PPR, start 1

J Williams / Homer / A Cooper

FBG saying Homer .... I am on the fence. Cooper might offer the higher ceiling while also having the lowest floor. Williams seems capped at around 15pts with a pretty low floor. Homer, I feel has a similar ceiling as Williams, his floor seems a little safer around 10pts. What say you?
Amari was a GTD, expected to play, so I imagine he isn't 100% and, personally I would rather see Watson show that he remembers how to be a QB in the NFL before I put faith in any of his pass catchers. He's your most talented player by a long shot so if you love him start him for sure.

Homer is interesting and I have been on board with him for the most part. It looks like DeeJay and Walker are unlikely and, IMO, Homer benefits. You can't discount Tony Jones I guess because it is tough to imagine Homer getting a full Walker work load. Jones did get 11 opportunities (Homer was out) against the Rams. But I think Homer gets the most out of the backfield. Not sure if that is worth more than Jamaal's TD upside though.

Jamaal has scored in 8 of 12 games. He has 8 TDs at home. He'll never get you much by way of yardage but he's the hammer on one of the top scoring offenses in the league...

But because you are in a PPR league, I guess:
Homer>Jamaal>Amari

4 pts per passing TD. Need a QB:

* G. Smith vs CAR -- Has been as consistent as can be. Probably be throwing more if Walker and Dallas both out. CAR pass D actually not too bad. Weather looks a bit iffy, but not too terrible. Probably a solid floor here at minimum with upside if CAR makes a game of it.

or

* J. Goff vs MN -- Matchup can't get any better. DET rolling a bit on offense. Goff seems to produce when the matchup is right. MN D could stiffen up in the redzone like they did last week against NYJ, but the yards should be there. Still have something in the back of my head that I shouldn't trust Goff here.

Been rolling with Geno in J. Fields absence. Stick with Geno? Or get a little cute with Goff?

Thanks
Both great options this week. I have no problem sticking with Geno even if I may like Goff a little more this week.

Goff>Geno

Total cluster….
Aiyuk, Slayton, D Knight, j Cook, Jeff Wilson

Pick an Rb and a flex

Leaning Wilson and Aiyuk, but rookie qb could be a downer
Even with Purdy, I'd have a really hard time sitting Aiyuk for any of those other options. I lean toward Knight as the other starter, as he seems to be the clear cut starter and could find the end zone. Wilson's disappearing act last week has me a bit nervous about him.

PPR
Pacheco @ Den
Homer vs Car
Pacheco and probably by a wide margin. He's been really good of late, and I think its unlikely Homer sees the same workload Walker did, or does anywhere near as much with it.

Non PPR

M Carter, Jameson Williams, Dobbins, or Westbrook-Ikhine

Need a flex
I guess I'd roll with Carter here. Just a little nervous Dobbins gets eased in after such a long layoff.

Standard

Thielen vs Det

or Dinged Cooper vs Cin
I think Cooper has more than earned the start. Thielen could catch a TD, but he's also probably the #4 option in that offense now.

Cousins vs. the Super Bowl Bound Lions
Lawrence v. TEN
Its close, but I'd roll Cousins here, as he's not hurt, and has better weapons.

Total cluster….
Aiyuk, Slayton, D Knight, j Cook, Jeff Wilson

Pick an Rb and a flex

Leaning Wilson and Aiyuk, but rookie qb could be a downer
I like Wilson as your RB. I am giving him a mulligan on last week. IMO he has played too well since getting to Miami to think he is going to be in anything less than a 50:50 timeshare.

J. Cook may be game plan dependent still (I posted about it at length above, don't have time to dig that up though but it's there if you look). And I don't know how to handicap Zonovan with Carter back (and no injury designation) in a tough road matchup.

RB:
Wilson>Cook>Zonovan

Flex:
I'm assuming PPR because you didn't state it. I like Aiyuk. Purdy peppered him a bunch last week and I think he has real safety blanket appeal to him. Slayton should see a bunch of looks but I think the talent gap is significant enough that I would roll the dice towards talent.

Aiyuk>Slayton>Cook...

PPR need Two:

MCcaffery vs TB
Rhomondre vs Ariz
Barkley vs Philly
Pollard vs Hou
Entienne vs Tenn
Swap out Pollard for Walker and I have that exact RB group in 1 league. I'm going CMC and Stevenson in that league, and that's what I'd recommend too. Just too big of a workload shares to sit especially in PPR.

PPR FLEX

Jaamal williams vs MIN
Or
Tyler boyd vs Clev ?
Williams is a solid bet for a TD, whereas Boyd is basically TD or nothing with Chase back.

N Harris vs D Pierce - 1 per 10 yards, 6 pt tds. Bonus 2 pts for 40 yard+ tds.
I'd go Pierce here. I think he's Houston's only means of moving the ball and could see 20+ touches regardless of the score.

Non PPR

M Carter, Jameson Williams, Dobbins, or Westbrook-Ikhine

Need a flex
I like Dobbins here by a good margin. He has no designation, definitely has the most TD upside in that offense and I think they will try to run more with Huntley at QB.

I might consider Westbrook if it was PPR but it is already a low volume passing offense and relying only on TDs skews towards Dobbins IMO

Dobbins>Westbrook>not much opinion

PPR need Two:

MCcaffery vs TB
Rhomondre vs Ariz
Barkley vs Philly
Pollard vs Hou
Entienne vs Tenn
Great choices, don't stress.

Pollard because if the Cowboys dominate they will have scoring opportunities all day. Don't pass on that upside and solid floor.

For me the choice comes down to McCaffrey v Rhamondre and I hate to bench either.

Honestly flip a coin but for me, I simply cannot bench the best running back in magic football regardless of matchup etc.

Pollard>McCaffrey>Rhamondre>Here there be Overthinking

Mike Evans @ SF
Deebo vs TB
Gallop vs HOU

Evans will most certainly see the most targets, but we all know that leads to inconsistent results. I have no information to suggest that the inconsistency is over but he is safe for volume and still has that upside.

Under the premise the Niners want to protect Purdy, Deebo is also a great option. Definite home run threat and should see at least 10 total opportunities and is used near the goal line.

We all think the Cowboys will blow out the Texans and Gallup could eat from that pie. He may still see 6 or so targets and I guess he has TD upside so, if you like the prospect of the blowout maybe roll the dice. It's just difficult to suggest that Gallup is the receiver who will eat when CeeDee and Schultz are also on board.

Deebo>Evans>Gallup

I'm not.

Mike Evans @ SF
Deebo vs TB
Gallop vs HOU

Deebo>Evans>Gallup

I'm not.

I needed support on that decision so that makes me feel better...the back of my mind i'm just worried SF has 110 yards passing today

Mike Evans @ SF
Deebo vs TB
Gallop vs HOU

Deebo>Evans>Gallup

I'm not.

I needed support on that decision so that makes me feel better...the back of my mind i'm just worried SF has 110 yards passing today
It's possible. Evans and Gallup are also solid options. It's really a coin toss so pick the one you want to root for. I like all three more than Pierce.

IT’S GORGEOUS!

It might start raining at about 1-2, but the weather reports were shockingly accurate.

When I arrived at my farmers market to set up my booth it was *pouring* with sideways rain.

Brady = no brainer.

Really struggling with Saquon in two PPR leagues.

Already starting Pollard with him in one, but could swap in Zeke.

Could replace him with J Wilson in the other

Thanks @Chaka , @travdogg , @Hot Sauce Guy , and others who have provided guidance in these threads this season.

Drafting, trades, and waivers don't mean jack if you start the wrong players. While most of our lineups are set it and forget it by this time of the season everyone has dealt with injuries, byes, and usage changes that impact production. Having an extra set of eyes to check our lineups and give some insight we may have missed or not considered makes the decision process of who to start that much easier.

Whether you are playing for a bye, trying to squeak into the playoffs, or just for pride ... good luck to everyone on this final day of the regular season.

PPR redraft, all TDs 6. Win and I may get in the playoffs. Lose and I'm definitely out.

QB: Huntley @ PIT or Lawrence @ TEN?
Ugh...I hate this one. I have trouble because of Lawrence's toe injury but he's a gamer and Tennessee has only really shut down Davis Mills and Matt Ryan. Even Russell Wilson put up 10 points against them in my league (which falls about exactly average).

Huntley is intriguing because he can run a little but, make no mistake, he's not Lamar Jackson. The Steelers defense isn't much better against the pass than the Titans, but Huntley does feel like an unknown and I worry that makes us think he has more upside than a guy like Lawrence. I am not sure that is true.

Very tough call IMO, a real coin toss. Your situation really depends on the rest of the roster and if you think you need the moonshot or not.

Total guess here:
Huntley>Lawrence

Lawrence v. TEN
Cousins and not very close to me. He's just much more consistent and I imagine the Vikings are tired of hearing how they are road dogs despite having a 5 game lead in the division.

Cousins>Lawrence
Ugh... Lawrence putting up a monster.

I stand by the Cousins call because the logic was sound but, Huntley... oof.

Man, I love doing this thread but it'll definitely gut punch you at times.

PPR redraft, all TDs 6. Win and I may get in the playoffs. Lose and I'm definitely out.

Ugh...I hate this one. I have trouble because of Lawrence's toe injury but he's a gamer and Tennessee has only really shut down Davis Mills and Matt Ryan. Even Russell Wilson put up 10 points against them in my league (which falls about exactly average).

Huntley is intriguing because he can run a little but, make no mistake, he's not Lamar Jackson. The Steelers defense isn't much better against the pass than the Titans, but Huntley does feel like an unknown and I worry that makes us think he has more upside than a guy like Lawrence. I am not sure that is true.

Very tough call IMO, a real coin toss. Your situation really depends on the rest of the roster and if you think you need the moonshot or not.

Total guess here:
Huntley>Lawrence

Lawrence v. TEN
Cousins and not very close to me. He's just much more consistent and I imagine the Vikings are tired of hearing how they are road dogs despite having a 5 game lead in the division.

Cousins>Lawrence

Luckily I went with Lawrence because someone else in this thread advised that, and i decided to stick with what I already had.

Total guess here:
Huntley>Lawrence

Lawrence v. TEN

Cousins>Lawrence

No worries. Ended up being a 4 pt difference. Pretty sure I’ll be ok without that buffer.

Users who are viewing this thread