What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.
Let's kick off Week 16!

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week:
I went 68-55-5 in my calls and a the Coin Toss was a more impressive 70-53-5

On the season I am: 416-340-39 and the coin toss is 360-396-39

On to Week 16!

No PPR

I only need to start 1 WR ..

AJ Brown @ Phi (possibly without Hurts)
or
Higgins @ NE

My opponent has Burrow

Merry Christmas to all!

I'll start:

SF, PPR league

I think I just need a flex play (QB allowed)
Tyler Huntley v ATL
Jamaal @ CAR
Gus v ATL
JAMES Cook @ CHI
M.Brown v TBB
Jameson @ CAR

I honestly have no idea which way to go but am tempted to say WTF and roll with Jameson.

No PPR

or
Higgins @ NE

My opponent has Burrow

Merry Christmas to all!
There is simply not much that separates the Dallas & Patriot defense when it comes to passing, sacks or turnovers. The Cowboys are very slightly better in each respect but well within the margins of variance.

I'm also not entirely sure if the fact your opponent having Burrow is worth handicapping either.

I would keep an eye on the wind forecast in New England this week. ATM it is calling for 14 mph, which I don't consider a concern for Burrow but if it gets over a consistent 20 mph...

I am not sure Minshew is appreciably worse than Hurts with a bum throwing shoulder.

This is really a gut call and I am waffling a lot here. Be happy you have great options but, push comes to shove I would rather bet on Joe Burrows arm than Gardner Minshews.

Higgins>AJ

I'll start:

SF, PPR league

Tyler Huntley v ATL
Jamaal @ CAR
Gus v ATL
JAMES Cook @ CHI
M.Brown v TBB
Jameson @ CAR

I honestly have no idea which way to go but am tempted to say WTF and roll with Jameson.
I'd probably lean Jamaal, but if you need ceiling, what the heck ---

I have some tough calls in a Semi-final matchup!!

Fields vs Buffalo in -15 degrees w/ no weapons
Brady @ Arizona

Need to sit ONE of these 7
Stephon Diggs @ Chicago
Davante Adams @ Pitt
Jamar Chase @ New England
CD Lamb vs Philly
Etienne @ NYJ
Pollard vs Philly
Dobbins vs Atlanta

I've rolled with the top 6 basically all year but Dobbins last two weeks + the matchup give em pause-- Would love any input

man after weeks of easy lineup choices I am slammed with some tough ones in the semis. pls help

Ppr

Pick 3 rb
Sanders @ dallas
Stevenson vs Cincinnati
Aaron Jones @ mia
K9 walker @ kc

Pick a flex
Waddle vs gb
Or the one you sat above

Other 2 wr are chase and aj brown. Not sitting them

Also I got hurts. Should I pickup minshew or Purdy in case he doesn't play? Thinking about just picking up minshew. I have high priority so I can get a qb easily

ami crazy to continue to ride eagles def. I think I am and I will.

I'll start:

SF, PPR league

Tyler Huntley v ATL
Jamaal @ CAR
Gus v ATL
JAMES Cook @ CHI
M.Brown v TBB
Jameson @ CAR

hmm. im with you. go jameson

Brady @ Arizona

Stephon Diggs @ Chicago
Davante Adams @ Pitt
CD Lamb vs Philly
Etienne @ NYJ
Pollard vs Philly
Dobbins vs Atlanta

I've rolled with the top 6 basically all year but Dobbins last two weeks + the matchup give em pause-- Would love any input

fields
etienne

Brady @ Arizona

Stephon Diggs @ Chicago
Davante Adams @ Pitt
CD Lamb vs Philly
Etienne @ NYJ
Pollard vs Philly
Dobbins vs Atlanta

Fields is the weapon. Last week was easily as difficult of a matchup with the same supporting cast and he had 21 pass attempts for 152 & 2 plus 15 carries for 95 yards. My concern is the forecast ATM calls for 15mph winds, that doesn't bother me but it's heading towards that territory. Once the wind gets over 20mph with gusts I have greater concern for passing games. But, you could argue that provides Fields a bump too as he may run even more.

Brady finally had a good game and he's playing the worst scoring defense in the league. I totally get that temptation. He probably is a fine start this week but I have a ton of trouble benching Fields for anyone other than Allen, Hurts, Mahomes and maybe Burrow.

Fields>Brady

PPR?
I have no problem benching Etienne @ the Jets. That's an excellent defense and I think points will be difficult to come by, particularly if Quinnen Williams is back.

There was an article here a few years ago that made a very compelling case for starting WR/RB tandems from the same NFL team so I like Lamb+Pollard.

And how can you bench Pollard at this point? My goodness he has looked positively shot out of a cannon. It sucks that the Ravens really don't use their RBs in the passing game but he is just running so strong and, if the Ravens manage to get within scoring range he should have a crack at a TD.

In order of benchability IMO:
Etienne<Dobbins

Brady @ Arizona

Stephon Diggs @ Chicago
Davante Adams @ Pitt
CD Lamb vs Philly
Etienne @ NYJ
Pollard vs Philly
Dobbins vs Atlanta

Fields is the weapon. Last week was easily as difficult of a matchup with the same supporting cast and he had 21 pass attempts for 152 & 2 plus 15 carries for 95 yards. My concern is the forecast ATM calls for 15mph winds, that doesn't bother me but it's heading towards that territory. Once the wind gets over 20mph with gusts I have greater concern for passing games. But, you could argue that provides Fields a bump too as he may run even more.

Brady finally had a good game and he's playing the worst scoring defense in the league. I totally get that temptation. He probably is a fine start this week but I have a ton of trouble benching Fields for anyone other than Allen, Hurts, Mahomes and maybe Burrow.

Fields>Brady

PPR?
I have no problem benching Etienne @ the Jets. That's an excellent defense and I think points will be difficult to come by, particularly if Quinnen Williams is back.

There was an article here a few years ago that made a very compelling case for starting WR/RB tandems from the same NFL team so I like Lamb+Pollard.

And how can you bench Pollard at this point? My goodness he has looked positively shot out of a cannon. It sucks that the Ravens really don't use their RBs in the passing game but he is just running so strong and, if the Ravens manage to get within scoring range he should have a crack at a TD.

In order of benchability IMO:
Etienne<Dobbins
Thank you!

man after weeks of easy lineup choices I am slammed with some tough ones in the semis. pls help

Ppr

Pick 3 rb
Sanders @ dallas
Stevenson vs Cincinnati
Aaron Jones @ mia
K9 walker @ kc

Pick a flex
Waddle vs gb
Or the one you sat above

Also I got hurts. Should I pickup minshew or Purdy in case he doesn't play? Thinking about just picking up minshew. I have high priority so I can get a qb easily

In a PPR I bench Sanders pretty quickly relative to the others. He has the toughest matchup too. I understand the Eagles could lean on him more if Hurts is out but 1) the defense probably suspects that too and 2) IMO Hurts's presence makes Sanders a more effective runner. If Hurts is out the Eagles will play a much more conventional offense, the Cowboys will not need to spy Minshew or focus more on contain rather than clogging the middle and getting upfield.

Waddle v Sanders, IMO also doesn't seem like a tough call. I probably start Waddle over Sanders even if Hurts were healthy.

Waddle>Sanders

Ppr

Pick 3 rb
Sanders @ dallas
Stevenson vs Cincinnati
Aaron Jones @ mia
K9 walker @ kc

Pick a flex
Waddle vs gb
Or the one you sat above

In a PPR I bench Sanders pretty quickly relative to the others. He has the toughest matchup too. I understand the Eagles could lean on him more if Hurts is out but 1) the defense probably suspects that too and 2) IMO Hurts's presence makes Sanders a more effective runner. If Hurts is out the Eagles will play a much more conventional offense, the Cowboys will not need to spy Minshew or focus more on contain rather than clogging the middle and getting upfield.

Waddle v Sanders, IMO also doesn't seem like a tough call. I probably start Waddle over Sanders even if Hurts were healthy.

Waddle>Sanders

Dangit. I mis wrote. Would you play waddle over k9 as well? Above I said start 3 rb. I was Assuming a rb would be my flex.

So it's bench one of Stevenson, jones, k9, waddle.....

Ppr

Pick 3 rb
Sanders @ dallas
Stevenson vs Cincinnati
Aaron Jones @ mia
K9 walker @ kc

Pick a flex
Waddle vs gb
Or the one you sat above

Waddle>Sanders

Dangit. I mis wrote. Would you play waddle over k9 as well? Above I said start 3 rb. I was Assuming a rb would be my flex.

So it's bench one of Stevenson, jones, k9, waddle.....
My bad.

Tougher call with Walker but I lean Walker ATM because I think he is represents a significant portion of the Seattle offense ATM. Particularly with Lockett out. I would follow the practice reports and if he is a full go Thursday & Friday (I wouldn't be surprised to see a rest day tomorrow) then:

Walker>Waddle

Played Ridder last week in my Superflex (lost Murray) and J. Taylor went down early. I still pulled out the win (just barely).

Need my QB2 for my superflex this week:
Darnold vs DET - Good matchup and weather in the 30's; That is a lot warmer than some of the other games; has a decent floor but not much upside
Pickett vs LV - Decent matchup, but going to be very cold; Should have a decent floor but a larger upside than Darnol
Minshew vs DAL - Tough matchup and is guaranteed to start at this point; I do need to put in a larger bid for him in order to get him; Not sure he is much better than the two above

Thoughts?

.5 PPR

Need 2 RB and a FLX

Barkley @ MIN
Dobbins vs ATL
Stevenson vs CIN
Etienne @ NYJ
Z Jones @ NYJ
Pickens vs LV

Played Ridder last week in my Superflex (lost Murray) and J. Taylor went down early. I still pulled out the win (just barely).

Need my QB2 for my superflex this week:
Darnold vs DET - Good matchup and weather in the 30's; That is a lot warmer than some of the other games; has a decent floor but not much upside
Pickett vs LV - Decent matchup, but going to be very cold; Should have a decent floor but a larger upside than Darnol
Minshew vs DAL - Tough matchup and is guaranteed to start at this point; I do need to put in a larger bid for him in order to get him; Not sure he is much better than the two above

Thoughts?
Last week I recommended Ridder over McCoy, I believe it was more of a WTF shoot for the upside. Turns out I was right for the wrong reasons.

Does Pickett have a larger upside than Darnold? In 5 of 9 games he has 0 TD passes. He has a rush TD in 2 games. At least Darnold has a TD pass in all three games this season and a rush TD as well. Neither are great options to be sure, IMO.

Minshew has a multiple TD passes in, I think, 14 of 22 career starts. He's a bit of a gunslinger and, of the three options has by far the best surrounding talent. The matchup sucks but, what're you gonna do? He's probably the best QB of the 3, IMO:

Minshew>Darnold>Pickett

.5 PPR

Need 2 RB and a FLX

Barkley @ MIN
Dobbins vs ATL
Stevenson vs CIN
Etienne @ NYJ
Z Jones @ NYJ
Pickens vs LV
Pickens isn't even a remote consideration for me at this point. He has hurt people being in the lineup far more often than helped them. He saw no bump after Claypool got traded because the Pittsburgh offense decided to turtle and go full old school.

I understand people who want to play Zay, and he's been really coming on this year but, given similar options I'll bench my guys against the Jets.

IMO Zay, Etienne & Pickens ride the pine. The other three options are much more solid and/or have better matchups.

The good news is I had a bye last week, the bad news is the team that earned me the bye has been falling apart.

Locked in: Burrow, Henry, Walker, ARSB, JuJu

Pick 2 (WR3 and Flex), ppr:
Aiyuk vs Was
Olave @ Cle (DNP Tue, potential severe wind & mild snow)
Pickens vs LV
Richie James @ Min
Perine @ NE
Warren vs LV

Sadly Richie James has been averaging more than Aiyuk and Olave over the last month. Pickens has still yet to put up a "welcome to the NFL game" and it is week 16. Perine and Warren are both dart throws but could put up double digits with a score. A real buffet of mediocrity I am working with. Any help in sorting this out is appreciated.

The good news is I had a bye last week, the bad news is the team that earned me the bye has been falling apart.

Locked in: Burrow, Henry, Walker, ARSB, JuJu

Pick 2 (WR3 and Flex), ppr:
Aiyuk vs Was
Olave @ Cle (DNP Tue, potential severe wind & mild snow)
Pickens vs LV
Richie James @ Min
Perine @ NE
Warren vs LV

Sadly Richie James has been averaging more than Aiyuk and Olave over the last month. Pickens has still yet to put up a "welcome to the NFL game" and it is week 16. Perine and Warren are both dart throws but could put up double digits with a score. A real buffet of mediocrity I am working with. Any help in sorting this out is appreciated.
You absolutely need to pay attention to the weather in Cleveland. People generally put too much stock in weather when they shouldn't but, ATM they are thinking 26 mph winds which is definitely of the level where it impacts the passing game. Dalton doesn't have the arm to overcome that, since it's full PPR Olave could come away with 5 or 6 catches for 30 yards but that seems like wishful thinking.

I'm over Pickens. He may put up a monster one day but I am okay if that happens on my bench so long as it happens for the right reasons (i.e. similar options). He's a low volume target guy in a low volume offense that is committed to the run. Good matchup or otherwise he hasn't done anything to give you confidence. However, your other options are equally uninspiring and I think most of us believe Pickens will become the real deal once the QB play improves. Maybe he can have his monster or even just salvage another 3 target day with a TD.

Richie James kinda feels like a must start in a lot of ways. He's twitchy which always makes me think he is one juke away from doing something special. Ultimately he is probably a low volume guy, or at least has a 3 target floor, but he has 9 target upside and maybe the best matchup he could hope for. I don't love the guy but I like him and he is poised for a steady game.

In a different vein Aiyuk is your most talented guy and you don't have any options that trump that fact. He could put up a dud because the Niners are recommitting to the run and limiting Purdy's opportunities to make mistakes. But, again he's your most talented guy and you don't have many great options.

Perine may get you 8-10 looks and, among this group, that could be enough to get him in your lineup. And, since I believe the Bengals are going to win, when I have nothing else to go on I try to choose guys from teams I think will win. It's a bad matchup however so my expectations are definitely low.

Warren is an option if you believe the Steelers will control this game, I don't believe that will be the case.

So, where are we?

If there were no external factors I would pretty confidently say go with Aiyuk, Olave & James

After that it gets much more difficult, particularly as wind looks to be a legit issue in Cleveland. So, monitor the weather and:
Aiyuk>Olave*>James>Pickens>Perine>Warren

ETA: @Bozeman Bruiser just saw Olave is dealing with a hammy.

Last edited:
0.5 PPR start 2

Evans at Ari
D.Smith at Dal
Akers vs. Den
J.Cook at Chi
J.Wilson vs. GB

Thanks and good luck all!

Appreciate all the help in here this years fellas. Special shout out to Chaka.

This weeks fun:

Tua v GB
Fields v BUF

I am also starting Tyreek Hill in this league, if that sways the start towards Tua.

Thanks y’all

I have to start two of these (one must be WR) in a 0.5 PPR.

WR Slayton at MIN (leaning this as one right now)
WR AIyuk vs WAS (after last weeks clunker I have a hard time trusting anything here with Purdy playing it safe)
WR London at BALT (I don't think they can run on BALT but can Ridder throw it on them?)
RB Pacheco vs SEA (okay wish I had Mckinnon instead. McKinnon seems to get all the TDS and receptions and quite a bit of the rushing yards)
RB Wilson vs GB (before he got hurt - maybe Mostert was hurt at that time - he was doing really well. If he is active can he be trusted? I'll be playing Tua and TYreek so may be too many Dolphins anyway to add Wilson)

Might make a waiver wire claim for one of the IND rbs (but which one) or Goodwin (really think he could do well with Lockett out at KC)

0.5 PPR start 2

Evans at Ari
D.Smith at Dal
Akers vs. Den
J.Cook at Chi
J.Wilson vs. GB

Thanks and good luck all!
Given your options I don't see how you start anyone other than Evans & DeVonta.

Akers is finally playing like the guy a lot of people were hoping for but I can't see myself starting him over a top talent like DeVonta, even with that matchup and Minshew (who has thrown at least 2 TD passes in 14 of 22 career starts and 15 times overall).

And Evans is playing the #32 scoring defense in the league and a team that is reeling more than they are.

I like Akers but can't justify him against an excellent Broncos D.

Cook is too much of a speculation play.

I love Wilson but after Mostert's performance and usage over the last few games I have no idea what the split will be.

DeVonta>Evans>Akers>Wilson>Cook

Special holiday 1st round playoff "pick your poison" question!

I know who I'm starting, but as the 1-seed, I'm having a hard time deciding on an opponent for week 1 (1-seed chooses their playoff opponent).

It's IDP, but I'll make it easy by just posting the offenses. 12-team, PPR, 6 points all TDs, Ru/Re bonus 2 at 100+, Pa bonus of 2 at 300+, .1/1st down, .1 for every 5 completions.

Should I face:
Team 1 (wildcard):
QB - Hurts (no backup - WW of Minshew, ZWilson, Pickett, Mac Jones)
RB - Kamara/Sanders
WR - ARSB/Godwin/Zay Jones
TE - Andrews
O-FLX - London

Team 2 - 3-seed, coming in on a cold streak):
QB - Allen (Burrow)
RB - Montgomery/R. White
WR - Tyreek/Hopkins/D.Adams
TE - Waller
O-FLX - Chark

Team 3 (2-seed, on a hot streak):
QB - Cousins (Purdy)
RB - Ekeler/Jacobs (J.Wilson)
WR - AJBrown/Aiyuk/Metcalf
TE - Okonkwo
O-FLX - KJO

Assuming no waiver claims change these lineups, which would you rather face?

At first I thought the WC was the obvious - bad matchups (at Dallas for Sanders, London with a rookie QB, Zay Jones at the Jets) and potentially losing Hurts (but has waiver priority to get Minshew, or one of the other scrubs) and some weather.

But the 2-seed (3rd highest scoring team) has *both* QBs in bad weather/tough matchups (at PIT, and at Pats), White's production limited by a suddenly healthy Fournette, Waller and Adams in potentially awful conditions, DHop without Kyler.

The 2-seed has great RBs, and I'm not convinced they stick with KJO at flex if Wilson is good to go. His WRs scare me a little, as Metcalf at KC is kind of a jackpot start, and Aiyuk any given sunday....AJBrown is seemingly hurt by Hurts absence, but probably not a ton since Minshew can get the ball out - DAL pass rush is still a tough matchup, playing angry off a bad loss.

IDP is a weekly crap shoot. All 4 playoff teams have strong IDP options. Also, I have Justin Jefferson, & Tee Higgins, so potentially the primary receivers for 2 of the opponents. if that matters (and if team 2 starts Burrow over Allen, which I doubt).

I have until Thursday at Noon PT to decide. Any/All feedback welcome.
:hifive:

Last edited:
Team 2 - 3-seed, coming in on a cold streak):
QB - Allen (Burrow)
RB - Montgomery/R. White
WR - Tyreek/Hopkins/D.Adams
TE - Waller
O-FLX - Chark

But the 2-seed (3rd highest scoring team) has *both* QBs in bad weather/tough matchups (at PIT, and at Pats), White's production limited by a suddenly healthy Fournette, Waller and Adams in potentially awful conditions, DHop without Kyler.
This my choice. More potential for big games on other roster, and many guys on this team could do nothing.

Hurts is hurt, so in a 4-point passing and 6-point running league, would you start:
Minshew
Purdy

Thanks, especially to Chaka, for the work this year!

Hurts is hurt, so in a 4-point passing and 6-point running league, would you start:
Minshew
Purdy

Thanks, especially to Chaka, for the work this year!
I have Minshew over purdy, but it’s close.

Dallas is arguably the league’s best pass rush, and they’re gonna be *pissed* coming off a bad loss to the Jags.

I expect both to be in the QB12-14 range this week.

Hard to say what Purdy will do week to week. As a Niner fan I’m still waiting for the bottom to fall out in a down game, plus SF should be able to run on the Redskins (and they have a decent secondary)

Minshew also arguably gets better weapons in Sanders, AJB, Smith, and Gogurt coming back.

So gimme the more experienced QB with better weapons, despite being on the road & in the tougher matchup.

Minshew > Purdy

Last edited:
No PPR

or
Higgins @ NE

My opponent has Burrow

Merry Christmas to all!
Oof.

First, I think it’s irrelevant who your opponent has at QB. In the case of having the PPR WR, you get more value out of passes to that WR than your opponent, but all that matters is that you pick the better FF play between Higgins and AJB

Minshew is no slouch, and in fact, he might throw more since he doesn’t run like Hurts. That said, it’s a tough road matchup against what’s likely to be a very intense DAL defense coming off a tough loss.

I have Minshew around 250/2/1, so you’re hoping one of those goes to AJB and not Smith, Sanders, or the returning Gogurt.

Higgins in bad weather, but with Chase there, I could see a lot of targets for Higgins. My concern here is cold weather and a still twitchy hammy. I am starting him as my WR2, but def not a high confidence play.

Honestly I flip a coin here, but lean AJB for a floor play, lean Higgins for a ceiling (NEP schemes coverage to Chase, leaving Higgins open, hammy is ok, 6 of 8 for 127/2

Last edited:
Opponent's only QB is Hurts. I'm ahead on waiver wire. Who do I pick up to best block him? These are the best available QBs: Minshew, Wilson, Pickett Purdy, Darnold

I think he will lean to Minshew. I'm torn- Minshew plays away against best defense but with best offense. Wilson, Pickett, Darnold play against terrible pass defenses at home. However, these QBs have shaky offenses.

Purdy plays against a good pass D and has a low ceiling and I'm not concerned.

I think Minshew and Wilson are the best plays.

For now my thought is not block him so if he takes Minshew he's got to do it against the best defense away.

Opponent's only QB is Hurts. I'm ahead on waiver wire. Who do I pick up to best block him? These are the best available QBs: Minshew, Wilson, Pickett Purdy, Darnold
Interestingly I had this exact scenario.

I have yet to pick that opponent but I lean that way.

I opted to let him have Minshew. Another team claimed Purdy. He also claimed Wilson & Darnold.

Reasoning: DAL is arguably a top 2 pass rush. Minshew doesn’t have a big arm for deep downfield plays, or at least not one I’ve seen.

He’s also not nearly as mobile as Hurts. And they’re on the road, at a Dallas team that’s probably more than a little irate after a bad loss to the Jags.

I put Minshew at ~20-25 points this week.
His last start against DAL was 18-ish. And that was at home.

With fewer RPOs, PHI might lean on Gainwell & Sanders more this week, limiting Minshew’s opportunities.

I decided I needed to claim Goodwin (with Lockett out, vs KC) as a WR3 upside play more than I needed to try and block my potential opponent.

The last time I tried that, it F’d me. I snaked the top rated QB, who scored like 12 points, while my opponent took the 2nd best and he put up 37.

I could easily see Z.Wilson throwing 300+ 2/1 again for a 30 point game.

The FF gods seem to frown upon blocking. I’m always punished for it.

For now my thought is not block him so if he takes Minshew he's got to do it against the best defense away.
💯

Last edited:

I opted to let him have Minshew. Another team claimed Purdy. He also claimed Wilson & Darnold.

Reasoning: DAL is arguably a top 2 pass rush. Minshew doesn’t have a big arm for deep downfield plays, or at least not one I’ve seen.

He’s also not nearly as mobile as Hurts. And they’re on the road, at a Dallas team that’s probably more than a little irate after a bad loss to the Jags.

His last start against DAL was 22-ish. And that was at home.

With fewer RPOs, PHI might lean on Gainwell & Sanders more this week, limiting Minshew’s opportunities.

I decided I needed to claim Goodwin (with Lockett out, at KC) as a WR3 upside play more than I needed to try and block my potential opponent.

The last time I tried that, it F’d me. I snaked the top rated QB, who scored like 12 points, while my opponent took the 2nd best and he put up 37.

💯
Listening to Parsons last week you could hear how his focus was on the Eagles and not the Jags. However, being irate and talented may not be enough against an Eagle OL that many regard as the best.

Need 2 WR in Standard:

Zay Jones @ NYJ
D. Chark @ Carolina
Jameson Williams @ Carolina
DPJ VS NO
M. Godwin @KC

Last edited:
Good news is I made the playoffs, bad news is I did it, like many others, with Hurts. I also lost Lockett. Now I have to pick from the following, non ppr:

QBs:-
Goff @ Panthers - he's not good on the road and this looks to be a potentially low scoring game
Minshew @ Cowboys - about as tough a game as he could have
Purdy vs Commanders - doing great so far, tempting

WRs (need 2)
AJ Brown @ Cowboys - I mean phenomenal year but horrible matchup and QB issues
C.Watson @ Dolphins - bit of a dud last game, still has big play potential
Z.Jones @ Jets - 3 huge weeks out of the last 4

TE
Goedert @ Cowboys
Schultz vs Eagles

His last start against DAL was 22-ish. And that was at home.

I decided I needed to claim Goodwin (with Lockett out, at KC) as a WR3 upside play more than I needed to try and block my potential opponent.

💯
Listening to Parsons last week you could hear how his focus was on the Eagles and not the Jags. However, being irate and talented may not be enough against an Eagle OL that many regard as the best.
True. But at the same time, I’m not seeing Minshew as a clearly superior option to any of the other WW QBs, at least not to the point of missing a player I needed.

And I now know I wouldn’t have been able to claim Minshew and Goodwin, so feels like I made the right call.

Good news is I made the playoffs, bad news is I did it, like many others, with Hurts. I also lost Lockett. Now I have to pick from the following, non ppr:

QBs:-
Goff @ Panthers - he's not good on the road and this looks to be a potentially low scoring game
Minshew @ Cowboys - about as tough a game as he could have
Purdy vs Commanders - doing great so far, tempting

WRs (need 2)
AJ Brown @ Cowboys - I mean phenomenal year but horrible matchup and QB issues
C.Watson @ Dolphins - bit of a dud last game, still has big play potential
Z.Jones @ Jets - 3 huge weeks out of the last 4

Goff feels like the obvious choice here - decent weather, weak defense. Surprised he’s a FA.
TE
Goedert @ Cowboys
Schultz vs Eagles
Hard to trust Gogurt his 1st game back. Eagles aren’t great against TEs. I lean Schultz. But no bad choices here.

Last head to head team standing. Thanks for a fun and interesting thread.
FFPC scoring:

Need TWO of the following WR's:

T.Higgins @ N.E.
B.Aiyuk vs Wash
C.Watson @ Mia

This is a combination WDIS and waiver wire question.

Have Njoku and Freiermuth in a 0.5 PPR league.

Njoku faces NOS allowing 4th fewest TE scoring (my league scoring) this week and WAS (5th fewest) next week. This week also appears to have brutal conditions in CLE.
Freiermuth has middle of the road options both weeks but may have bad (but not brutal) conditions this week. Has also been dealing with foot injury.

Could drop one and pick up Engram who also has middle of road defenses next two weeks. Hate Thursday night games, possible heavy rain and going against Jets but with Jets corners on the WRs perhaps he is the outlet valve this week (hoping Quinnen Williams is still out).

With Njoku's schedule seems like he is the one to drop and hoping Freiermuth gets healthy for week 17 if needed.

Experts seem to be all over the board with these 3 with Njoku or Engram being 1 or 3 and Freiermuth being 1 or 2 (among these choices) for this week's games. Don't know if the experts factor weather into their rankings. Also don't want to give my opponents a TE to use against me so right now I am banging my head on the keyboard.......

Appreciate all the help in here this years fellas. Special shout out to Chaka.

This weeks fun:

Tua v GB
Fields v BUF

I am also starting Tyreek Hill in this league, if that sways the start towards Tua.

Thanks y’all
This feels more like permission seeking, I have had this with Fields in the past (last week v Herbert and previously this season v Tua). The answer is yes, it is 100% okay to start Fields over Tua. The weather in Chicago is a legitimate concern with wind projected at 23mph ATM. That is enough to impact passing games. Tua has a talented supporting cast and does not have weather concerns (10mph winds with light rain projected ATM). But the Green Bay pass defense is no joke, they're #2 in the league in yardage ATM. Although that probably has to do with them being very bad against the run (giving up 5 ypc). Either way it could limit Tua if the Dolphins commit to the run.

That being said I hate this question.

My logic with Fields is that he is simply too dynamic. He hasn't had a bad outing since week 4 and has more monster upside than probably any QB in the league. The weather is enough to impact deep ball passes and if the gusts get high enough it can impact the intermediate game as well. But is anyone benching Josh Allen for Tua? Well, maybe I could see that too but...idk. Fields's game isn't necessarily dependent on passing at all, the guy may get 15 carries to go along with 20+ passes. It's so difficult to bench that kind of upside.

Keep monitoring the weather but ATM:
Fields>Tua

Have Njoku and Freiermuth in a 0.5 PPR league.

Njoku faces NOS allowing 4th fewest TE scoring (my league scoring) this week and WAS (5th fewest) next week. This week also appears to have brutal conditions in CLE.
Freiermuth has middle of the road options both weeks but may have bad (but not brutal) conditions this week. Has also been dealing with foot injury.

Could drop one and pick up Engram who also has middle of road defenses next two weeks. Hate Thursday night games, possible heavy rain and going against Jets but with Jets corners on the WRs perhaps he is the outlet valve this week (hoping Quinnen Williams is still out).
Sounds like Williams is going to give it a go.

That said, TE is kind of a weekly crap shoot. EE has been on a hot streak, but one never knows when those will end.

Still, his QB seems to like targeting him, and I also like him more than Njoku & Mouth this week. If you have anyone else to drop, that might be worth considering - because you never want to gift a potential top 10 TE to a playoff opponent down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread