What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 - general info (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Hate to keep creating threads but didn't see any thread that went over general injury news, etc. for this week.

Just read this on Luke Kuechly on NFL.com:

There is still no word on whether the Panthers (6-8) will employ Kuechly's services over the final two games of the season.

"(Rivera) said you're not going to play this week, and then we'll kind of go on from there," Kuechly said.
Kind of contradictory, no?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000761085/article/kuechly-im-holding-retirement-decision-for-down-the-road

Didn't see him on the injury/practice report at all.

Is dude playing or not?  :loco:

Last week he cleared the concussion protocol, but didn't play. My guess is he doesn't play another snap this year.

Cant see why they would play the guy this year.

My main worry this week is Burfict health.

I think Tartt could win a few championships for owners this week.

Last week he cleared the concussion protocol, but didn't play. My guess is he doesn't play another snap this year.
I tend to agree.  Just weird verbiage on the NFL.com story.

Newest blurb on Rotoworld says:

Luke Kuechly told reporters he will continue "to prepare like I'm playing."

"I'm crossing my fingers every week that they're going to give me the thumbs up to go," Kuechly said. "I'm going to make sure I can be ready to go, but we'll see what happens moving forward with it." It does not make sense for the All-Pro to risk a third concussion in the last two years in two meaningless games, but he clearly wants to get back on the field. Coach Ron Rivera said he will not make a decision until late in the week about Kuechly's status. Kuechly cleared the protocol last week, but the Panthers held him out of Monday night's game. Dec 22 - 9:32 AM
I'm preparing to go on without him, starting Martrell Spaight in his place.  Dude was all over the place on MNF and will get to know Jordan Howard quite well this weekend.

Random DL injury blurbs:

DeForest Buckner (SFO):  listed as questionable with a hip injury, limited practice yesterday... I am going to guess it's not a huge deal

Adrian Clayborn (ATL):  returned to practice yesterday after being out (minor knee surgery) ... tough matchup to plug him into anyways

Dante Fowler (JAC):  dealing with a hip pointer suffered in game against HOU... practiced yesterday albeit in limited fashion

Stephon Tuitt (PIT):  didn't practice yesterday... will be watching to see if he practices today.... does get the benefit of an extra day of practice as compared to others

.... and yeah all four are on my team :lol:

any redskin homers have any insight or general thoughts on compton vs. spaight?  compton was a DNP early this week but got in two limited practices to end the week's practices.

spaight himself was a limited participant this week.

just trying to get some clarity as to who will be the starter... guess i'll need to wait until inactives are reported tomorrow morning... assuming compton would start if he's active

edit - the more i read the more its looking like compton will be good to go... well that was a waste of FA$ in two leagues. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread