What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:
Need 1 WR and 2 Flex from the following:

RB options:

Boone

J. Williams

WR options (listed how I view them)

A. Miller

John Brown

Slayton

R. Anderson

Do not have Cook/Mattison, so would have to go with Williams as flex if I pick Boone and he is not clear cut starter IMHO.
Adding DeAndre Washington to the mix here...still a little concerned on actual outcome for Monday night.

Great season Sig, thanks for everything!

Higbee flex worthy this week? PPR, don't really have many other options. 3 straight 20 point weeks, hoping for a 4th. 

Falcons home versus Jags or Chiefs at Chicago. I know the rankings, but I'm high on ATL right now, especially in the dome against another Jags collapse of a season. 
dont love higbee w everett back. wont talk you out of ATL but id go KC

Hey Sigmund! Thank you for all your work! My question involves Fitzpatrick vs Rodgers. My opponent this week has Parker and looks to be starting Laird (bc I snatched up Boone 😉). My first step in this decision is the one-to-one comparison which based on Rodgers recent production seems like a wash. To me the tie breaker comes down to the question: Should I start Fitzpatrick to basically buoy my team if Parker and/or Laird catch TDs? Is this a good idea or am I overthinking it? Thanks again!!!
id go rodgers, weather broke the tie

Sig, 14-team PPR

10 Rush yds per pt

20 Rec yds per pt

6 pt TDs

25 pass yds per pt

Im rolling with the bold names, wasn’t sure about the W/R/T flex spot, and if Mattison practices on Friday or Saturday, do I go White and Mostert for my flex spots or try to get MAndrews in there?

QB: Jackson, Cousins

RB: Carson, Fournette, Mostert, Boone, White, Gus Edwards, Armstead

WR: Odell, Mike Williams

TE: Kelce, MAndrews

W/R Flex: Boone, White, Mostert

W/R/T Flex: Mostert, White, MAndrews, Gus, Armstead

K: Zane

DEF: Steelers

DL: Melvin Ingram

DB: Budda Baker

D Flex: Edmunds

Thanks for another awesome season Sig!
looks good to me!

PPR league. Of course, a MN backfield question. Two Questions:

(1) Which RB:

* M. Boone vs GB -- Has taken starter reps all week in practice.

* D. Washington @LAC -- Jacobs out. Had about 2/3s of touches last time Jacobs was out.

* P. Laird @CINC -- Matchup is there, but Gaskins nearly split.

As of Friday afternoon, Cook and Mattison have not practiced. Let's assume that Zimmer does NOT rule them out by Sunday at 1 EST.

(2) If Cook and Mattison are NOT declared out, and you select Boone above in (1), would you still go with Boone?  If no, who is the best option of Washington vs. Laird? go w Boone

I'm favored by 10 with the likes of Lamar, Barkley, Ekeler, Lockett, K. Allen, Ertz, and Drake. Not sure if I should play it safe or go for the home run (Boone).

Which RB?

Thanks

D question. 

* KC @CHI -- KC D coming on. Trubisky has thrown an INT in 5 consecutive games. KC with a lot to play for. CHI not so much.

* Indy vs CAR -- Was originally thinking this was my pick, but after the NO thrashing a little gunshy. Even with a rookie QB, CAR has weapons. 

* SEA vs AZ -- Originally had SEA D higher, but they are seriously banged up now. Clowney doubtful and others iffy. Could be a high O/U. AZ coming off a nice win.

* ATL vs JAX -- ATL D a little jeckyl and hyde. If you get the good ATL D could pay dividends against a JAX team that could be playing out the string.

* LAC vs OAK -- Chargers playing better D, last home game, and OAK may just throw in the towel after that brutal loss.

Which D?

Thanks

Don't see many kicker questions on here, but why not? It's the championship game.

* R. Gould vs LAR -- Could see this lower scoring than most think. SF does have problems in the redzone though. Weather looks iffy...rain and wind around 13MPH.

* M. Badgely vs OAK -- Matchup is there for LAC to score points. Weather should be fine in LA.

Which?

Thanks

Why does this week have the hardest decisions!!

need some help in a standard league.

rb: barkely

rb: ?

wr: Mike thomas

wr: ?

te: ?

flex:?

bench

hunt, Michelle, boone

lockett, AJ Brown, perriman, chark

henry, Higbee, holister

thanks for all your help this year Sig!

Full PPR.  Players I'm currently leaning towards are listed first.

Please pick 2 (WR2 and Flex):

Washington (RB) @ LAC

Perriman vs HOU

McLaurin vs NYG

AJ Brown vs NO

Beckham vs BAL

Also please pick a TE:

OJ Howard vs HOU

Cook @ TEN

Thank you!

Full PPR

TE - Waller or Henry (Playing each other @LAC)

WR - Moore @IND, Kupp @SF, Thielen vs GB (Pick 2)

Picked up the Denver D and have them in @ home against the Lions. Baltimore is my other D @ Cleveland. Is that a mistake?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
fine w DEN over BAL

Championship Time!

Standard scoring, non-ppr league.

I need to start 3 of these 4 players for my last two wr spots and a flex.

Cooper vs PHI - Nothing last week; Dak banged up a bit

Robinson vs KC - Slow and steady all year long

Parker vs CIN - Only concern is how good Cincy defense is against the pass. Maybe nobody has had to throw much on them all year long

Mack vs Car - He burned me last week (lucky I didn't need it). Now he gets the worst run D in the league.

Thank you as always......

DarkKnightsGuru said:
Hi Bloom ..Ok so here we go at flex

1 point per reception

1 point for every 10 total yards 

7 points a TD

At flex Gallup or Boone 

Gallup vs Eagles 

Boone vs Packers 

At Qb bench Rogers for either Trubiski or Dalton 

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:
It looks like neither Cook nor Mattison will play. Who would be the best backup, Singletary or Montgomery? It's 0.5 PPR, 2 point bonus after 100 and 150 yards

Simplysexie said:
Let’s GO!!!

Thanks  soo much for taking the time and wisdom to get me to the champion game!!!

Match even in .5ppr need 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex:

drake singletary Boone/mattison 

lockett, Parker, AJBrown, perriman, Gallup 

OJHoward, Goedert

till next year! 

Sdolezal said:
Injuries galore but somehow survived the semis. Please help pick from this pile of garbage! Slight underdog.

1 PPR, 1=10 yards rushing, 1=20 yards receiving

Need 3 of these RB’s

Cook, Mattison, Boone ( likely waiting until Monday night to start 1 of these since I have them all)

Devin Singletary 

Kareem Hunt

DeAndre Washington

Ronald Jones

Kerryon Johnson

Pat Laird

Need 2 of these WR’s

Kupp

Chark

TY Hilton

Golladay

John Brown

Deebo Samuel

Justin Watson

James Washington 

YUCK

DesertTiger said:
In PPR and (4pt/TD, -1pt/INT), please pick a QB, Flex and Superflex: Wentz (considering benching due to injuries and matchup), D.Jones, Lock, F1, B.Scott, D.Washington, A.Miller. I’m a strong favorite.

Thanks Sig for everything you do and have a very Merry Christmas!
merry christmas!

knickstorm said:
you were right on the money last week! need the magic 1 more time!

it's half PPR

2 of the the 4 WR   Lockett, AJ Brown (he's rolling Tannehill at the moment), Fuller, PErriman, anthony miller

Pretty sure i'm rolling Carson, and Mixon, so only the flex for either Kamara, Ekeler, Mostert, Boone.

and Indy or Denver D this week?
THanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kwai Chang Caine said:
Good Morning Sig!

First off—awesome reference and discussion on the podcast regarding Jacob’s Ladder and Danny Aiello! That was a great conversation and made my day to listen to. Thanks!

OK two championship matchups:

1. FFPC so TE premium. 

RB 2 Boone over Bell. I think you agree on this

WR1 Sutton

WR2 Golloday, Kupp or Ward?

Flex Jarrod Cook, Golloday, Kupp, Bell, Ward?

Standard league with 5 point 300 yard passing bonus and 100 yard rush or receiving

QB: Brees or Winston? I’m leaning Brees as I think I’m a slight favorite but would love your opinion 

WR: pick two 

Parker, Lockett, Golloday, AJ Brown 

Flex: Fournette or a third WR from above. I’m leaning benching Fournette for one of the WRs.

Thanks Sig and Happy Holidays!!
RIP Danny Aiello hope everyone sees Jacobs Ladder

UFO said:
Scoring .5 PPR/ 1 point per 10 yards rush/rec, .4 points per 10 yards passing and 6-9 points for rush/rec TDS depending how long they are 

Pick 1

Dak or Cousins...obviously major concern about Dak’s injury

Pick 1

Derrick Henry, Stefan Diggs, DK Metcalf ...concerned about Henry’s injury plus saints run D also prospect of Saints getting up big like they did Monday night and Titans abandoning run. 

Thanks in Advance!
agree with your concerns and trust your gut, wont talk you out of benching those guys

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Hey Sig:

Need a flex. PPR

Boone, Ekeler, Mixon, M. Sanders???

also need two starters out of these choices:

Perriman, McLaurin, D. Parker, S. Shepherd, Fuller

Thanks!!!

Crash Davis said:
Non-ppr distance bonuses for long TDs.

H.Henry or Higbee?

Higbee is on fire, while Henry is flailing, but Everett is back and SF is 2nd against TEs this year while the Raiders are 2nd to last. I'm really struggling with this one.

Also, would you start Boone over D.Henry or A.Jones? I just can't see it, but again, the match-up is great and Henry's hammy concerns me.

Thanks!
id go hunter and keep boone on bench, but im excited about boone wont talk you out of benching derrick for reasons you listed

ultraviolet said:
Hi Sig:

I am a slight favorite in my PPR Finals matchup and am considering diversifying my lineup.  I have three questions for you:

1. Given, that I have Zeke, do I diversify away from Cooper and risk starting Perriman? Perriman's hands and target shares worry me. im good w perriman over cooper

2. I think the better Tampa Bay play is starting Howard over Goedert at TE? have them as coinflip, goedert higher floor howard higher ceiling

3. Finally, do I roll with Ekeler over DeAndre or Boone as my flex? yes

My lineup choices in bold:

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB (start 2) : Christian McCaffrey, Ezekiel Elliott, Austin Ekeler, DeAndre Washington, Mike Boone

WR (start 2): Michael ThomasAmari Cooper, Breshad Perriman

TE (1):  Dallas Goedert, O.J. Howard

FLEX (1): Austin Ekeler, DeAndre Washington, Mike Boone.

thumbup

Happy holidays.

heaton76 said:
Hi Sig. I have two questions on Week 16.

1. 12-team Dynasty League with 25-player rosters, 0.5 PPR.

Flex spot. Which would you pick from this group: Austin Hooper, Darius Slayton, Emmanuel Sanders, Kerryon Johnson, Greg Ward

2. 12-team league, 0.5 PPR, normal-size rosters

For my WR2: OBJ, Juju, Slayton, or Ward

Happy holidays!

BC Hawks Fan said:
PPR

Flex - J. White, D. Washington or Boone as my flex? Leaning White to be safe. Also, if you prefer one of the other two, would Edelman being out make you lean more towards White?

WR3 - Conley, G. Tate, T. Williams, Stills or pick up Ward or Watson off waivers? I know this is ugly. Leaning Conley and hope Chark is out.

Thanks Sig, appreciate all your hard work all year
edelman will play, i am putting boone in over white bc i am an underdog, but i agonized over it, wont talk you out of white

icehouse said:
Thanks in advance. Need to pick 3 in non-ppr to cover two RBs and a flex (flex can be a RB/WR/TE):

Singletary, Gordon, Kittle, Boone/Mattison (I have both) or DeAndre Washington

4th&inches said:
Afternoon Bloom; hope you made it to the championship in some/ all of your leagues!

League details: 12-team, .5 PPR, 3yr Keeper league (QRRWWTFKD)

Roster (tentative starters in BOLD) 

• QB: Watson
  • RB: Kamara, Chubb, Ekeler, Boone, Montgomery, Mattison, DeAndre Washington
  • WR: Nuk, Chark, DK Metcalf, A. Miller, Evans
  • TE: M. Andrews, Cook
  • K: Butker
  • DST: BAL

Question 1: WDIS at RB/Flex (pick 3)- .5PPR?

• Kamara @ TEN
  • Chubb vs. BAL
  • Ekeler  vs. OAK
  • Boone vs. GB (MNF)
Question 2: WDIS at WR2 (.5 PPR):

• Chark @ ATL
  • DK Metcalf vs. ARI
  • Anthony Miller vs. KC
Question 3: Which of these players would you take a chance on as a potential keeper for next year (can grab 2-3)?

• Gaskins (MIA) 3rd choice
  • Scott (Phi) 
  • J. Watson (TB)
  • Ward (Phi)
  • Darwin Thompson (KC)
  • Gus Edwards (BAL)
  • any other sleeper you might be aware of
Last Question (another league): Who would you start at WR2 & FLEX (.5PPR)?

• Amari Cooper @ PHI (slightly worried about Dak's "injury")
  • Perriman vs. HOU (Sat. game) wont talk you out of perriman if youre feeling him
  • Boone vs. GB
  • Singletary @ NE (Sat. game)

Thanks in advance and I hope you and your family have a very happy holidays!!
im in 2 thanks!

GeeHua said:
Bloom! Tell me your gut on the following, thanks!

all PPR scoring with TE premium 1.5pt per rec. 

league 1: PPR starting 2rb2wr2flex, my opponent is starting deshaun Watson, I have Hopkins, Kupp, Fuller. On 2wr, I'm thinking about starting Hopkins and fuller together. And bench Kupp unless you think I should start Kupp over any of the following Ingram/Ekeler/Gordon/Drake (those 4 are my 2rb2flex), I have Boone/D Washington/Hunt on my bench also. Do you agree or suggest otherwise? agree w fuller>kupp. id go hunt boone over gordon/drake but its tight

league 2: select 2 out of the following: Boone (if Mattison doesn't play)/D washtington/Rojo/D Montgomery/Justin Watson. And would you start Mahomes over Wilson? yes

league 3: debating btw Drake or Golladay on Flex. And hooper or Higbee on TE. Boone or gurley on RB.

league 4: need help on 2 starting WR positions from Boyd/J Brown/DeDe/Watkins and Erickson/Gage/Bourne/G Ward on WW. My current plan is to roll with Boyd and John Brown (even he will matchup with Gilmore). Also need 2rb2flex out of the following (TE premium), Aaron Jones/d freeman/Boone/ertz/d Washington/Higbee/Mostert/hunt.

Finally DST, pls rank the order you would start this week assume you have all of them: BAL/NE/DEN/SF/SEA NE BAL SF DEN SEA

Cheers!

Felipe Cardenas said:
Hi Sigmund,

I need help on my WR2. I need to pick one in PPR:

Kupp, D Johnson, Slayton. I could also pick up Amendola or Ward on waivers. 

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication. This is the first time I post in this chat and I find it amazing you take time to answer these questions. 

Feliz Navidad, Sig. 
feliz navidad! I like to always make an offering of my time back to the place I came from! this was THE PLACE for football talk on the internet before social media and i made my career in FF building my chops to fit in here

PPR League.

Need to decide between D. Washington or M. Boone.

Some notes:

* I'm projected to win by 25 as of right now.

* My opponent played J. White, E. Sanders, and OJ Howard yesterday. They all underperformed. He has the likes of Dak, Carson, D. Adams, DJ Moore, and T. Boyd left.

* I have Lamar, Barkley, Ekeler, K. Allen, T. Lockett, Ertz, K. Drake left to play.

* MN has clinched a playoff berth and Mattison hasn't gotten a full practice in for two weeks. Probably less incentive to play him or even make him active.

Would you play it safe with Washington? Or go big or go home with Boone?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sig,

.5 PPR - 1st place game....This is a coin flip as I am only down by 3 in projections.

Edelman, Chark, Danny A. in the flex? (danny as fall back)

Goedert or Jonnu - opponent has Tannehill?

Playing for 3rd  - Minshew, Mitch, or Dalton....streaming has been to me this year but Josh Allen's playoff run is rough.  I can also pick him up.

Perriman, Diggs, or Kupp for WR2?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread