What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Week 16 Weather Situations *** (1 Viewer)

Was surprised to see that LA is going to get soaked it looks like for the THursday night game.

Thought there was a retractable roof?

Was surprised to see that LA is going to get soaked it looks like for the THursday night game.

it is a "covered" roof. The roof is free floating, so the elements can still get in through the sides. Maybe could affect kicking with wind, but should be nominal otherwise

Fantasy Forecasts
Week 16 NFL Weather

🟢 Saints @ Rams 🟢
- Dome game

🟠Bengals @ Steelers🟠
- Rain showers
- 46 degrees 🟡
- 6 mph winds 🟢
- 40% chance of rain 🟠
- Wet field conditions possible 🟡

🟢 Bills @ Chargers 🟢
- Clear roof with open walls
- Partly cloudy
- 59 degrees 🟢
- 2 mph winds 🟢
- 6% chance of rain 🟢

🟢 Lions @ Vikings 🟢
- Dome game

🟡 Seahawks @ Titans 🟡
- Cloudy
- 66 degrees 🟢
- 10 mph wind 🟡
- 6% chance of rain 🟢

🟢 Colts @ Falcons 🟢
- Dome game

🟢 Packers @ Panthers 🟢
- Partly cloudy
- 61 degrees 🟢
- 3 mph winds 🟢

🟢 Browns @ Texans 🟢
- Dome Game

🟡 Commanders @ Jets 🟡
- Mostly cloudy
- 47 degrees 🟡
- 1 mph winds 🟢
- 10% chance of rain 🟡

🟡 Jaguars @ Buccaneers 🟡
- Cloudy
- 74 degrees 🟢
- 7 mph winds 🟡
- 3% chance of rain 🟢

🟠 Cardinals @ Bears 🟠
- Cloudy
- 50 degrees 🟡
- 11 mph wind 🟠
- 24% chance of rain 🟡

🟠 Cowboys @ Dolphins 🟠
- Cloudy with a chance of rain
- 74 degrees 🟢
- 13 mph wind 🟠
- 14% chance of rain 🟡

🟠 Patriots @ Broncos 🟠
- Snow
- 33 degrees 🟡
- 7 mph wind 🟡
- 46% chance of snow 🟠
- Wet field conditions likely 🟠
- Right now the forecast calls for snow all day, especially in the morning hours. There's a 50/50 chance it will still be snowing when they take the tarp off the field for the game. This, along with possible snow during the game, could lead to to cold & wet field conditions in temperatures that are just above freezing.

🔴 Raiders @ Chiefs 🔴
- Rain showers
- 52 degrees 🟡
- 11 mph winds 🟠
- 58% chance of rain 🔴
- Wet field conditions likely 🟠

🟡 Giants @ Eagles 🟡
- Partly cloudy
- 50 degrees 🟡
- 5 mph winds 🟢
- 6% chance of rain 🟢

🟡 Ravens @ 49ers 🟡
- Partly cloudy
- 52 degrees 🟡
- 4 mph winds 🟢
- 11% chance of rain 🟡

Sunday wind forecast at 1 PM ET:

it is a "covered" roof. The roof is free floating, so the elements can still get in through the sides. Maybe could affect kicking with wind, but should be nominal otherwise
I sat on the 40 yard line of the CFP National Championship last year and for soaked to the bone.

It was crazy to see the rain coming in sideways of what I thought was a covered stadium. But that was a giant torrential downpour.

For what it's worth, the rain is coming down sideways right now, and it's been that way off and on for a couple of days. I live about an hour from LA, and it's Monsoon season this week, apparently. Woke up to flash flood warnings on my phone at 2 AM, followed by tornado warnings. Thought I was back in MN for a moment. :lol:

If it's raining tomorrow night tonight anything close to what it's been doing for the past 48 hours, I wouldn't be surprised if it impacts the game to some extent. This rain is no joke. Lots of homes flooded, and I heard stories this morning of people who had to climb onto the roofs of their cars because of the unexpected flash flooding in some low areas. :shock:

The part about these storms that is hardest to get used to is that they stop and start at the drop of a hat. It's not like a traditional thunderstorm in the Midwest, where it hits hard for an hour or two and then is over. These coastal storms can drop buckets of rain one minute, nothing the next, then a torrential downpour again three minutes after that. I've learned to carry an umbrella around just in case. But, even then, an umbrella only keeps you about 75% dry from the knees up. Knees down, if you walk very far at all, you're soaked to the bone because the entirety of outside is one giant puddle. There's no avoiding it.

Edit: Forgot what day it was. :doh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread