What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 FF Playoffs - Good Idea? (1 Viewer)

BladeRunner

Footballguy
So a bunch of owners in my league are pushing to expand our FF playoff bracket with two extra teams - from four teams to six in a 12 team Head-to-Head league. Our regular season is Weeks 1-14 so this would expand our FF playoffs to Weeks 15-17 where they were normally Weeks 15 and 16. I'm hesitant to do this because even though the NFL expanded the regular season to 18 games I'm wary that teams will still sit players or play them sparingly in Week 17, possibly screwing any of the FF teams that made it in our playoffs.

I don't know if any NFL Teams did this last year so does anyone know? I'll also be watching Week 17 this year to see if any teams do it too. I'd like to get the SP thoughts on this to see if I'm right to be concerned or if I'm just being too overly cautious? Thanks, everyone!

Our playoffs were always week 14-16 before the expansion and now 15-17. You might have some guys out in week 17 but very few.

Our playoffs were always week 14-16 before the expansion and now 15-17. You might have some guys out in week 17 but very few.

That's my problem. If even ONE guy is sitting then that is a real problem for me. I don't want our FF playoffs to be marred with illegitimate wins.

That's my problem. If even ONE guy is sitting then that is a real problem for me. I don't want our FF playoffs to be marred with illegitimate wins.
Very few teams are sitting healthy guys that week unless they have their spot secure. A team that clinched a playoff spot might still want higher seeding. The only times I saw someone sit was if they were hurt already and rest would help for the NFL playoffs instead of playing through it.

I couldn't imagine any team, elite or not, wanting to rest their players weeks 17 AND 18. Which in real life terms, if they are that good it means they probably have a 1st round bye, which means they'd be off for 3 weeks.....nearly a month.

That's an absurd layoff right before you're about to face the best teams in the league who have been playing every week and are in full playing rhythm.

Philly would be smart to hold back players 16-18. They may only play a half. That doesn’t really solve this issue either.

Users who are viewing this thread