What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

I also dumped Cam and grabbed Uncle Rico unattested......apparently I'm all in on the Jags!

I'm surprised Rico wasn't drafted, and I'm not sure why I took Cam in the first place, especially since this league values long scoring plays heavily.....cam will get short rushing TD's, but I don't have a lot of confidence in his passing or weapons.....I think Rico's weapons and potential game scripts, will lead to some solid weeks.

Stoneworker said:
Interesting, yes. But seems like a typically inconsistent 3-wide WR stat-wise.

Gage has only one TD in his career...and 40% of those 10 games w/o Sanu have been complete duds: 5/27/0, 2/17/0, 2/32/0, 4/23/0.
Is Gage not a good player? Don't watch falcon games so I've never seen him play. Is he a good dynasty hold? He's only 24. Maybe he ends up being a number 2 somewhere at some point?

Is Gage not a good player? Don't watch falcon games so I've never seen him play. Is he a good dynasty hold? He's only 24. Maybe he ends up being a number 2 somewhere at some point?
I thought he looked good last year. Unfortunately I had to cut him in my dynasty league and he was scooped up before week 1 by Julio owner.

Snell or Hines in full PPR?

Connor's injury doesn't seem serious and he's still gonna be the third down back. OTOH Snell has a body that looks like a GL back. I don't think he's good enough to take the job away, looked to me like he benefited from the O-line having a good night against a not very talented defense. Doesn't seem like anything special and I'm not sure he's going to have volume. Good at what he is: decisive one cut runner.

I've always liked Hines. He is a guy who doesn't need a ton of work to be a productive RB2/Flex option. Excellent pass catcher and with Mack out he should see a significant portion of the rotation. Taylor was super productive in college but I don't think he has good enough hands or the requisite pass pro to eat into Nyheim's 3rd down role. Obviously Hines is probably not going to have too many weeks where he racks up rushing yards but I do like his PPR floor.

The other RB I am considering is ADP. I'm convinced he will lead the Lions in rushing this year. My only hesitation is how much they will utilize him in the passing game.

Davis or Campbell in full PPR?

CD had a great game on MNF2 but I question if he's sustain it. Guy is a terrific athlete but I think the offense has limited upside in the passing game and they have two dynamic young options in Brown and Smith. Campbell looks like a great compliment TYH and might be poised for a breakout.

Third WR I am looking at is MVS, but I don't know if he is ever going to see consistent targets.

Am I looking at this correctly or did I miss something?

ETA: Joshua Kelley and Russell Gage also out there but I am less interested. 10-teamer this year, my LT league lost 3 to social justice/politics in the offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor's injury doesn't seem serious and he's still gonna be the third down back. OTOH Snell has a body that looks like a GL back. I don't think he's good enough to take the job away, looked to me like he benefited from the O-line having a good night against a not very talented defense. Doesn't seem like anything special and I'm not sure he's going to have volume. Good at what he is: decisive one cut runner.

I've always liked Hines. He is a guy who doesn't need a ton of work to be a productive RB2/Flex option. Excellent pass catcher and with Mack out he should see a significant portion of the rotation. Taylor was super productive in college but I don't think he has good enough hands or the requisite pass pro to eat into Nyheim's 3rd down role. Obviously Hines is probably not going to have too many weeks where he racks up rushing yards but I do like his PPR floor.

The other RB I am considering is ADP. I'm convinced he will lead the Lions in rushing this year. My only hesitation is how much they will utilize him in the passing game.

CD had a great game on MNF2 but I question if he's sustain it. Guy is a terrific athlete but I think the offense has limited upside in the passing game and they have two dynamic young options in Brown and Smith. Campbell looks like a great compliment TYH and might be poised for a breakout.

Third WR I am looking at is MVS, but I don't know if he is ever going to see consistent targets.

ETA: Joshua Kelley and Russell Gage also out there but I am less interested. 10-teamer this year, my LT league lost 3 to social justice/politics in the offseason.
Hey GB. 

Parris Campbell over Corey by a longshot.

Hines over Snell.  I thought Snell looked really good, but Hines might catch at least 5 a game as Rivers's Ekeler lite this year. 

On the first one, if you're looking for a solid guy for depth, Hines.  Hines can easily be your flex or RB2 with byes/injuries.  If you're looking for the home run, I would go with Snell.  Conner can never stay healthy, and while I don't think Snell just won the job outright yet, give a couple more games like this and Snell could be the lead back in a decent offense.

On the second one, I would go with Campbell.  Davis had a nice game, but Brown is still the clear cut #1 guy (DEN did a good job on him last night) and TEN is going to run the ball a lot.  Campbell has the chance to be a solid contributor to IND pass game.

I would probably let someone else waste the bid money on MVS.  After Adams, I see Rodgers spreading the ball around and MVS won't see enough targets to be a WR3.

Snell or Hines in PPR?  That is tough.  I thought they both looked terrific.  Hines was a big part of the offense even prior to Mack exiting.  He is not going away.  Rivers has always actively used his backs as outlet receivers, and Nyheim Hines fits the mold.  However, once Jonathan Taylor hits his stride, I worry Nyheim Hines will see the field less.  I think Pittsburgh is going to have a hard time keeping Snell on the sidelines, however.  He has really taken a huge step forward since last season.  As much as I like Hines, and I think he has the higher floor, I might lean toward Snell's upside here.

Davis or Campbell full PPR?   We have been awaiting this type of performance from Corey Davis for a long time.  The last time Davis topped 100 yards was back in Week 10 of 2018.  The special skills have always been there (the special play has not), but I worry that the Titans' offense cannot support both Davis and Brown as weekly fantasy starters.  Even so, I cannot help but get excited that we could finally see CD break out.  Campbell too must compete for touches, with Hilton (and Hines and Pittman).  The Colts' offense, however, may be more capable of supporting multiple fantasy starting wideouts.   I would go with Campbell, but I am not sure the gap is that wide.

Joshua Kelley looked for real.  Ekeler is still the back to own, but Kelley will get his touches, and if Ekeler is sidelined, Kelley could be a monster.

zamboni said:
I would think Snell. Wasn't there talk of Samuels possibly not even making the team?
Last month of the offseason the Steelers made it pretty clear it was going to be Snell. Last night's game cemented that. Conner says it wasn't that bad and he hopes to return "soon", but Snell is gonna be the man for as long as he's out. 

Worth noting that Snell outplayed him before he got hurt, so probably a good speculative add regardless. 

I read something from Falcons "camp" that he looked like one of the most improved players in the off-season. That said, I don't expect Ryan to throw the ball 500 yards every game, so....this may have been Gage's high water mark. 

I read something from Falcons "camp" that he looked like one of the most improved players in the off-season. That said, I don't expect Ryan to throw the ball 500 yards every game, so....this may have been Gage's high water mark. 
FYI - I read Gage had something like 66 of his 74 targets over the last 9 games in 2019. Obviously Ridley missing the last 3 games was a part of that but as the slot WR he will be on the field a lot (61% of their plays were 3WR last year.)

There is every reason to believe the Falcons will come close to 700 PA again this year. At best he's a WR4/WR5 bye week filler but if they have any injuries to their two big stars he has the potential to be a PPR WR3.

Josh Adams is an interesting name...garbage time TD, sure, but they didn't go to Gore for it and Adams has fresh legs. I envision no scenario where Gore takes over as the feature back amassing 20+ touches a week, but I'm also smart enough to know 1. this is the Jets, and 2, Gore is immortal. 

Still - if in need of a speculative add at RB for dynasty or desperation flex in redraft, there are worse targets than Adams.

FYI - I read Gage had something like 66 of his 74 targets over the last 9 games in 2019. Obviously Ridley missing the last 3 games was a part of that but as the slot WR he will be on the field a lot (61% of their plays were 3WR last year.)

There is every reason to believe the Falcons will come close to 700 PA again this year. At best he's a WR4/WR5 bye week filler but if they have any injuries to their two big stars he has the potential to be a PPR WR3.
Agreed, and good info for sure. Julio came into the game nursing a hammy I believe. Didn't show it in the box score because he's Julio, but it's worth noting. Also, I noticed that the Falcons take the "we'll keep doing it until you stop us" philosophy, which is refreshing. A lot of OC's get cute and seemingly outsmart themselves - they feel like they have to play 4D chess with every play-call, so they run for 8 then don't run again on a drive, for example. Not the Falcons - at one point I believe Ryan targeted Gage 5 straight plays. Defense was keyed in on Hurst, Julio & Ridley, leaving Gage wide open in mismatches.  There are a lot of weapons to cover, which probably gives Gage a 2-3 catch floor any given Sunday. Maybe his spikes will be hard to predict barring injury, but he probably won't kill ya with a 0 either.  

Josh Adams is an interesting name...garbage time TD, sure, but they didn't go to Gore for it and Adams has fresh legs. I envision no scenario where Gore takes over as the feature back amassing 20+ touches a week, but I'm also smart enough to know 1. this is the Jets, and 2, Gore is immortal. 

Still - if in need of a speculative add at RB for dynasty or desperation flex in redraft, there are worse targets than Adams.
Hard to get behind Adams - he's JAG defined IMO. May have some opportunity for a few weeks, but I think he shares with Gore until either Bell or Perine returns, whichever comes first. He's not a plus receiver either, so I'm not sure who will be doing the receiving given that Darnold will be chucking it plenty.

Hard to get behind Adams - he's JAG defined IMO. May have some opportunity for a few weeks, but I think he shares with Gore until either Bell or Perine returns, whichever comes first. He's not a plus receiver either, so I'm not sure who will be doing the receiving given that Darnold will be chucking it plenty.
oh I didn't say he was special. lol 

File this one under "warm body" who "may have a job". :lol:  

SproutDaddy said:
Wish I had that many roster spots.
It's never enough. If you have 6 bench spots you'll be desperate for the 7th. 7 and you want 8. 8 and you just don't know who to drop so you wish you had 9. 

My IDP league has 27 man rosters (we start 7 defensive players, 2-2-2-1 FL) so we have 16 starters and 11 bench. And it's still not enough. lol 

Not a bad add but also remember that Adams was called up from the practice squad because the rookie Perine was inactive with an injury - so don't overspend. I would expect the team to use Adams over Gore though if those are the two options. Gore is spent.

Not a bad add but also remember that Adams was called up from the practice squad because the rookie Perine was inactive with an injury - so don't overspend. I would expect the team to use Adams over Gore though if those are the two options. Gore is spent.
Definitely don't overspend. He's a desperation FLEX add for week 2. 1% buy in dynasty if you need a body (for a 1-2 week flex desperation add, as I might)

Where do y’all value Hines in standard leagues for rest of the season? Is he worth using the top waiver spot this week?
I'm trying to figure out Hines vs Brown in standard also given I have first waiver pick after a terrible week 1. Tough, Brown's numbers are hard to ignore but does it continue? Hines appears to have a very solid pass catching role but rushing numbers may not be there. As a Connor owner who neglected to draft Snell, he's a consideration too.

Last month of the offseason the Steelers made it pretty clear it was going to be Snell. Last night's game cemented that. Conner says it wasn't that bad and he hopes to return "soon", but Snell is gonna be the man for as long as he's out. 

Worth noting that Snell outplayed him before he got hurt, so probably a good speculative add regardless. 
I can't remember if it was posted on Conner's page or elsewhere, but the gist of the article was that Conner is better in space, while Snell is better in traffic.  This seemed to be exactly that last night, as NY did a good job of clogging up the lanes in the first half and Conner just didn't seem to be able to correctly read the holes to hit. Just my two cents.

I can't remember if it was posted on Conner's page or elsewhere, but the gist of the article was that Conner is better in space, while Snell is better in traffic.  This seemed to be exactly that last night, as NY did a good job of clogging up the lanes in the first half and Conner just didn't seem to be able to correctly read the holes to hit. Just my two cents.
Before he got hurt I didn't think Conner looked good in any aspect. He ran in quicksand and directly into contact. Small sample size, but Snell ran with violence & determination. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more of a time-share if Conner continues to struggle. 

On the Hines vs Snell question, it depends what you’re looking for.  At best, Hines can be James White or Tarik Cohen.  At worst, he is Gio Bernard.  That makes him a low end rb2 with a terrible floor in games with a bad game script.  He has value as a bye week replacement if you don’t have better options, but it’s likely that he’ll be on your bench when he goes off for a couple of TDS in a 20 point outburst.  Snell has less value now, but in the likely event that Conners continues to have injury issues, he will be a 3 down back and a likely RB2.  You won’t have to guess about when to start him and he won’t likely have big outbursts while on your bench.  Another advantage of Snell is that he will likely have some trade value to a very nervous Conners owner.

if you need bye week protection, grab Hines.  If your swinging for the fences, put the claim in for Snell

Before he got hurt I didn't think Conner looked good in any aspect. He ran in quicksand and directly into contact. Small sample size, but Snell ran with violence & determination. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more of a time-share if Conner continues to struggle. 
Here is the article I was referring to. https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/8/20/21374793/contrasting-styles-of-james-conner-and-benny-snell-steelers-running-backs-training-camp-film-room

It is a pretty good take.  Matches up with what I saw last night.  Conner's path might be more tied to how much defenses start to move away from 8 man boxes as BB gets more comfortable.

Thinking more about Malcolm Brown, one can't be anything but impressed with what Brown did on Sunday, but also can't help but think that Brown is going to be fool's gold in a few weeks when Akers gets up to speed. Decisions...

On the Hines vs Snell question, it depends what you’re looking for.  At best, Hines can be James White or Tarik Cohen.  At worst, he is Gio Bernard.  That makes him a low end rb2 with a terrible floor in games with a bad game script.  He has value as a bye week replacement if you don’t have better options, but it’s likely that he’ll be on your bench when he goes off for a couple of TDS in a 20 point outburst.  Snell has less value now, but in the likely event that Conners continues to have injury issues, he will be a 3 down back and a likely RB2.  You won’t have to guess about when to start him and he won’t likely have big outbursts while on your bench.  Another advantage of Snell is that he will likely have some trade value to a very nervous Conners owner.

if you need bye week protection, grab Hines.  If your swinging for the fences, put the claim in for Snell
At best he is Austin Ekeler.  Safe bet he is Cohen.  No chance he is Bernard.

I like Hines as well although Taylor is going to be used a lot, he looked great catching the football. 

We watched much of the game last night and I felt like AJ Brown was drawing a crowd all night, sometimes double and triple covered, eveytime he got the ball on a screen type play there were Denver guys everywhere waiting to get him. I don't think every team is going to sell out like that, Davis won't be consistent and Brown had a TD go off his fingertips last night, still feel like he is going to get more targets moving forward. 

MVS is very frustrating and had a terrible drop during the game. I like Lazard to continue to progress and get better over the season. Rodgers has been hampered by poor WR play, apparently these same guys who floundered last year have gotten better. Rodgers seems like a double digit round steal early on. 

Malcolm Brown only owned by 18% in most leagues? I'm sure many of you gasp or some fo you chuckle who tucked him away very late just in case. 

Does he really have the starting spot nailed down or will he be sharing more time with the Rookie as the season progresses? He seems ready for red zone looks and touches. 

I have 1st waiver priority in a standard league and this is where I'm leaning. Maybe Hines will be solid even in standard, but Snell could be a home run.

Also I have Bell, so bigger priority for me is the next few weeks.

McKinnon is widely available, I still question if he can get enough touches to rely on wanting to Start him...I get that people want to thump their chests with I told you so, but honestly he had limited touches, he did look good and SF lost the game so maybe they think about getting him more involved. 

Tev Coleman continues to be a bust in this offense, not sure why he stinks under SHanahan in SF, they should ship him back. 

Malcolm Brown only owned by 18% in most leagues? I'm sure many of you gasp or some fo you chuckle who tucked him away very late just in case. 

Does he really have the starting spot nailed down or will he be sharing more time with the Rookie as the season progresses? He seems ready for red zone looks and touches. 
Well he's so low-owned because everyone assumed the rookie would take over sooner rather than later. He still might, but Brown played well and looks to be the leader of the rotation for now.

Josh Kelley, how far or how high is the ceiling for this guy? Not much passing that will keep teams honest, eventually he is running into stacked boxes like Ekeler next to him. 

Josh Kelley, how far or how high is the ceiling for this guy? Not much passing that will keep teams honest, eventually he is running into stacked boxes like Ekeler next to him. 
As long as Ekeler is healthy his upside will be capped, but he seems to be playing the Melvin Gordon role at least as far as running between the tackles. And generally mobile QBs like Tyrod can create nice rushing lanes for their RBs.

I already have him in one league, I figure he might be a nice flex/bye week guy as the season goes on.

Should be added in every league IMO.

Even with a 16-team league, I feel 30% of your budget on a guy like Gaskins is a bit much. I'd scour the box scores and try to find someone else to buy low on, unless your desperate for immediate RB help of course.
In redraft sure. In dynasty he's probably worth 30% of your budget assuming 12 teams and 22 to 24 man rosters.

I disagree on Hines floor.  He is the best pass catching back in a Philipp Rivers offense.  AT best he is Ekelar, I think he is Cohen/White at worst.  I drafted upside-down and grabbed him late as I thought he would have stand alone value regardless of the breakdown between Mack and Thomas.

for those considering Brown, Henderson is still in the mix as well and this is looking more an more like the three headed monster it was expected to be. at least that's the storyline i had bought into and why i avoided this backfield. Henderson is still coming off of his hamstring injury, so hard to say if Brown would have been as featured if Henderson hadn't missed camp. Cam will get better as time goes on too. short term, i do like Brown, but maybe for a week or two at best. doesn't look like a season winner here. mcvay is a mini-payton too in that he'll probably drive all of you nuts trying to use these backs in some god-awful "creative" ways.

Devontae Booker looks like the clear #2 in LV.  The Raiders' running game showed to be one of the premiere rushing attacks, based on Week 1.  Booker looked explosive, plus he added 3 receptions.  Clearly, Booker's value is almost exclusively as a handcuff, but he could be one of the better handcuffs in the league.  If you have a deep roster, Booker is a nice stash-and-see.

If Jerick McKinnon is available, he will continue to have a decent PPR role. In fact, if you are looking for a PPR flex for this week, Kyle Juszczyk could deliver, especially if Kittle is limited or out.  San Francisco may get Aiyuk back this week, but Kittle is dinged up and Deebo is out until Week 4.  

McKinnon is widely available, I still question if he can get enough touches to rely on wanting to Start him...I get that people want to thump their chests with I told you so, but honestly he had limited touches, he did look good and SF lost the game so maybe they think about getting him more involved. 

Tev Coleman continues to be a bust in this offense, not sure why he stinks under SHanahan in SF, they should ship him back. 

As long as Ekeler is healthy his upside will be capped, but he seems to be playing the Melvin Gordon role at least as far as running between the tackles. And generally mobile QBs like Tyrod can create nice rushing lanes for their RBs.

I already have him in one league, I figure he might be a nice flex/bye week guy as the season goes on.

Should be added in every league IMO.

Devontae Booker looks like the clear #2 in LV.  The Raiders' running game showed to be one of the premiere rushing attacks, based on Week 1.  Booker looked explosive, plus he added 3 receptions.  Clearly, Booker's value is almost exclusively as a handcuff, but he could be one of the better handcuffs in the league.  If you have a deep roster, Booker is a nice stash-and-see.

If Jerick McKinnon is available, he will continue to have a decent PPR role. 
As guys like Hines and Snell were drafted in my 14-man league where I'm a little thin on viable RBs, I don't think I'll have the priority to nab Brown. So for me the choice might be between Kelley and McKinnon.

I tend to agree with you, @Ministry of Pain that Coleman really hasn't flourished and that McKinnon will still have a role. Could also be it's Mostert that simply takes the job, or we see devolution to a 3-headed monster.

I also agree with @Skoo that while Ekeler is healthy, Kelley's upside might be capped, but his usage is pretty compelling.

Also wonder, despite my RB need, whether it's a guy like Parris Campbell who is the real target here. Heard nothing but stellar things out of camp, and he showed promise in real game time. Feels like this year's Chark and getting him now in Week 1 may actually be sharkier as people's focus is more on the RBs.

Long term and on a weekly flex basis, who do you think has more value, McKinnon or Kelley? And are either inferior long term value to Campbell?

@socrates agree on Booker -- need to eat crow on that as Booker looked surprisingly solid in his reps whereas I just thought of him as NFL roster depth. I still don't think he's a FF pick-up unless you own Jacobs as a cuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread