What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Half PPR. Need to start someone at flex (with injuries with Darrell Henderson, Eli Mitchell, and Aiyuk getting Shanahaned this season my options aren't great).

Michael Carter @ Denver

Mooney @ Cle

Tim Patrick vs Jets

Jakobi Meyers vs Saints

I love what I see from Javonte and he has a great matchup. But if he doesn't get a TD he probably won't be able to keep up with Drake's reception output.
Yeah jacobs being out has really hurt my rb2 spot.   Hopefully he returns or Williams starts taking over.   Cause I really don't like using Drake unless I totally have to

Standard Scoring, need to pick one of these three running backs.  All three are in some form of shared backfield.

Kenyon Drake vs. Miami

James Conner at Jacksonville

Devin Singletary versus Washington
PPR?

Drake.

Standard?

...Drake but maybe Singletary

Half PPR. Need to start someone at flex (with injuries with Darrell Henderson, Eli Mitchell, and Aiyuk getting Shanahaned this season my options aren't great).

Michael Carter @ Denver

Mooney @ Cle

Tim Patrick vs Jets

Jakobi Meyers vs Saints
IIRC Coleman is out so I like Carter in this one. 

Okay guys it's crunch time. I'm still on the fence.

Full PPR: pick one RB & one flex

Javonte Williams v Jets

James White v NO

Trey Sermon v GB

Kyle Pitts @ NYG

TIA

ETA: I have Javonte & Pitts in now

Last edited by a moderator:

Javonte Williams v Jets

James White v NO

Trey Sermon v GB

Kyle Pitts @ NYG

TIA

Sermon and Pitts imo.

Sermon and Pitts imo.
Sermon looks like the call on paper but, man it's hard to have confidence in him right now.

Healthy scratch week one. Didn't get his first touch until 4:30 in the 4th only after the Niners went up by two scores. Shanny does not have complete confidence in the guy yet. He may be last man standing but I worry he will be yanked after his first missed assignment. Johnson and may Patrick suck but if they know their assignments Shanny will use those guys imo.

Javonte Williams v Jets

James White v NO

Trey Sermon v GB

Kyle Pitts @ NYG

TIA

I like what you've got in your lineup out of that group. White is close to Pitts but I feel like Pitts is going to do well.

I'm running Javonte as well over Cordarrelle Patterson but I've got Pitts on my bench for Rondale Moore. Moore won my game for me last week and just hasn't given me reason to bench him yet or I'd go Pitts. I'm hoping Carter and Javonte put on a little show playing against each other as former college teammates. Tough calls.

I like what you've got in your lineup out of that group. White is close to Pitts but I feel like Pitts is going to do well.

I'm running Javonte as well over Cordarrelle Patterson but I've got Pitts on my bench for Rondale Moore. Moore won my game for me last week and just hasn't given me reason to bench him yet or I'd go Pitts. I'm hoping Carter and Javonte put on a little show playing against each other as former college teammates. Tough calls.
Yeah I feel you on Javonte vs Carter (we discussed that earlier in this thread).

I love Pitts this week.

White is such a rock though. 6 receptions 60-75 yards .3 TD.

And Sermon, that ######g guy. Such a temptation.

Sermon looks like the call on paper but, man it's hard to have confidence in him right now.

Healthy scratch week one. Didn't get his first touch until 4:30 in the 4th only after the Niners went up by two scores. Shanny does not have complete confidence in the guy yet. He may be last man standing but I worry he will be yanked after his first missed assignment. Johnson and may Patrick suck but if they know their assignments Shanny will use those guys imo.
Either way it's kinda risky. You need Williams to score to have value on the week. Sermon has risk as well but if he does well his upside is much higher. So just depends if you want upside or floor in that spot

Yeah I feel you on Javonte vs Carter (we discussed that earlier in this thread).

I love Pitts this week.

White is such a rock though. 6 receptions 60-75 yards .3 TD.

And Sermon, that ######g guy. Such a temptation.
Well, Javonte is a 4 PM start and Sermon is the night game. Maybe you can slow play it, and if it's looking like you need a homerun to win maybe go with Sermon as a huge upside play. For me, it's too tough to trust that situation right now but I get the upside appeal. Love Javonte as a player and I'm hoping for TD this week but Gordon caps his upside for sure. 

Guys & Gals, for future reference the reason the AC Forum is such a wasteland is the ratio of cake to people is too small.

I love the idea of this thread in the SP but we need more cake.

Javonte Williams v Jets

James White v NO

Trey Sermon v GB

Kyle Pitts @ NYG

TIA

I like Javonte and Sermon. 

Well, Javonte is a 4 PM start and Sermon is the night game. Maybe you can slow play it, and if it's looking like you need a homerun to win maybe go with Sermon as a huge upside play. For me, it's too tough to trust that situation right now but I get the upside appeal. Love Javonte as a player and I'm hoping for TD this week but Gordon caps his upside for sure. 
Yes, I am comfortable with Pitts>White in the AM.

Javonte Williams v Jets

James White v NO

Trey Sermon v GB

Kyle Pitts @ NYG

TIA

Guess I should have added Zack Moss to my list of options.

:shrug:

Going forward I wonder if he could supplant Singletary.

I would like to formally apologize to all magic football owners that I consistently recommended starting all Ravens.

Mea culpa

ETA: I blame @BobbyLayne  😉

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: I went back and tallied my WDIS calls in this thread for week 3.

In all I answered 59 posts and made 64 recommendations (some were asking to start 2 players etc).

Using my leagues scoring system and only basing it if I picked the top scoring player of the options (if there were six options and I picked the 2nd best option that counts as a loss by me).

I got 24.5 correct (0.5 W&L if the scoring was a push) and 39.5 wrong.

When there were only two options I was 17 correct & 16 wrong.

So, yeah I am 1.5% better than a coin toss.  May have to do a coin toss comparison on my heads up calls next week.

Let's keep this going.  Week 4 WDIS thread.

PPR flex pick one please.

Michael Carter against Titans

D Jackson against AZ

D Mooney against Detroit(Fields starting)

C Samuel against Atlanta

Users who are viewing this thread